Author Topic: Touhou 11: Subterranean Animism not working  (Read 5078 times)

Touhou 11: Subterranean Animism not working
« on: December 24, 2017, 10:08:57 PM »
So, I just recently picked up a copy of Touhou 11 and, as the title suggests, I cannot get it to work. When I first start installing it, everything seems to work just fine, until it gets near the end. I get about three "Abort, Retry, Ignore" errors. "Retry" does nothing, and so I try "Ignore." Of course, this is where the problem is, I just do not know how to fix it. Whenever I attempt to run the game, I get nothing but an error that I cannot read (presumably because I have not downloaded an English patch). Another thing to note is that I cannot save any changes in "Custom."

Re: Touhou 11: Subterranean Animism not working
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2017, 10:11:57 PM »
EDIT: I forgot to mention that I am using Windows 10.

Re: Touhou 11: Subterranean Animism not working
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2017, 05:42:06 PM »
If the installer barfed some errors probably not all files were installed properly, so that's likely the problem. But you don't have to use the installer, you can just copy the th11 folder from the CD to your hard drive and the game should work just fine (or you can try installing to a different location).

The button to save the settings in custom.exe is the one on the bottom right. Maybe try deleting the th11.cfg file (it'll be recreated). Also make sure your disk isn't full.

Switching to Japanese locale might also help.

That's all I could think of. If you're still getting errors after that please post screenshots.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2017, 06:10:31 PM by niektory »