Author Topic: Miscellaneous Questions 7 - To Misc or not to Misc  (Read 137421 times)

Re: Miscellaneous Questions 7 - To Misc or not to Misc
« Reply #180 on: January 23, 2018, 06:04:05 AM »
In particular, I'd say if you look closely at Sagume's dialogue, you can see she's pretty specific about only reversing the situation regarding the relocation plan. (It's a little ambiguous, but she never talks about the invasion of the capital with any explicit details and talks about it only in the context of the relocation plan, so I'm guessing that's all right.)

So I think before the player shows up, Sagume knows that the relocation plan will definitely succeed, but she's not completely sure about how the capital invasion is going.

After the player shows up, Sagume speaks and makes it so that the relocation plan will definitely fail. She's still not sure about the capital invasion, but that's where the player comes in: Sagume is betting that her relocation plan fails as a result of the player stopping the capital invasion. (I guess this implies that there was the possibility of the relocation plan failing while the capital invasion succeeded.)

« Reply #181 on: January 23, 2018, 11:38:45 AM »
Okay, there's the theory that Narumi is the one in "putting hats on stone statues" of Marisa's line in IN.

Is there any actual mention of this in canon? Or it's just fans connecting two different things?

PK

• Border of Whatever
« Reply #182 on: January 23, 2018, 11:47:18 AM »
Okay, there's the theory that Narumi is the one in "putting hats on stone statues" of Marisa's line in IN.

Is there any actual mention of this in canon? Or it's just fans connecting two different things?
ZUN commented "that foreshadowing finally pays off" in the HSiFS interview on SCoOW when they asked him the same exact thing. Not sure how serious it was meant to be, tho.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2018, 11:50:49 AM by PK »

Drake

« Reply #183 on: January 23, 2018, 01:46:07 PM »
The fact that she's a magician that specifically used to be a Jizou and specifically lives in the Forest of Magic was already a pretty big flag, since neither of those had to be the case. But yes he started that exchange by saying "someone put it [her hat] there" before the interviewer even mentioned it so I think that's as good of a confirmation as any.  For him to call it foreshadowing is obviously a joke though.

Speaking of, do we know who the SCoOW interviewer is yet? I can't find anything on the staff list in the magazine.

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

« Reply #184 on: February 02, 2018, 04:53:23 PM »
Anyone knows what flower is the flower on youmu's sword based on?

game2011

• mineiptXD
    • Supreme ??asual Dating Verified Women
« Reply #185 on: February 06, 2018, 11:03:57 PM »
Are people who think Nue is an alien serious or not?  The last time I've checked, she's native to Earth.  The Eientei folks except Tewi are the real aliens, but pretty much nobody in the fandom sees them as such...

Drake

« Reply #186 on: February 07, 2018, 02:02:00 AM »
Are people who think Nue is an alien serious or not?
either no, or they're beyond help

game2011

• mineiptXD
« Reply #187 on: February 07, 2018, 09:22:39 AM »
Why do people say Byakuren and Jesus are similar again?  Is it simply because they both are nice and kind and were persecuted for their beliefs?  Those alone aren't enough.  Jesus was willing to die for other people's sins, but Byakuren is so afraid of death and aging that she basically turned herself into a monster/demon to avoid such.

« Reply #188 on: February 07, 2018, 06:51:23 PM »
It's just a goofy meme, not a serious comparison. And comparing Magician Youkai to Demons isn't really logical since Demons are canonically a thing seperate from other Youkai in Touhou.
My old avatars: Old ass turtle, Unzan - Second and Current Avatar by the talented Aoshi-shi

game2011

• mineiptXD
« Reply #189 on: February 07, 2018, 10:44:31 PM »
I use the two terms interchangeably.

PK

• Border of Whatever
« Reply #190 on: February 08, 2018, 05:54:41 PM »
Is it right to translate Yukari's "Boundary of Intellect and Feet" description

置線状に境界を走らせ、そこに存在する物を分断する。威力重視技。全てに境界を引けると言う事は二つに分けられぬ物は無いと言う事である。

as

Yukari runs straight along the border, pulls high-powered objects from it and unleashes them upon the enemy. This just proves that you can always split something even smaller.

?

That's the current translation, but it sounds nothing like Yukari actually does during that move. Meanwhile google translates it as

Run the boundary in a plain line shape, and divide the existing objects. Power emphasis technique. To say that you can draw a boundary to everything is to say that there are no items that can not be divided into two.

Which seems much closer to what she is shown doing, i.e creates a straight boundary to split something, which is addressed in the final part of the description.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2018, 06:55:38 PM by PK »

Drake

« Reply #191 on: February 08, 2018, 08:52:47 PM »
Looking at the edit history, they aren't translations, they're descriptions written by whoever decided to do so back when the game came out. They were there even before the actual comments were added. I doubt any of them are accurate.

Also the template is broken.

Shadowlupus

• Crimson Blade Hidden Amidst the Darkness
« Reply #192 on: February 09, 2018, 01:12:16 AM »
PoFV dialogue, SWR and Soku skill/spell are filled with errors.

N-Forza

• Information Superhighway Robbery
  • I said it was a steal, but not for whom
« Reply #193 on: February 09, 2018, 01:19:47 AM »
I tried to fix some of the SWR ones a while back but got sidetracked by life and forgot about it.

Drake

« Reply #194 on: February 09, 2018, 06:24:12 AM »
I might just go through them and wipe the info. A lot of these are worse than no translation.

PK

• Border of Whatever
« Reply #195 on: February 09, 2018, 11:46:25 AM »
PoFV dialogue, SWR and Soku skill/spell are filled with errors.
It's a pity since the spell and skill comments are some of the few things telling us what the heck they are actually doing during battles, and having them twisted isn't cool.

Also i fixed Soku's SC template, at least for translatable comments.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2018, 11:59:38 AM by PK »

Jeremie

• MoonScraper
« Reply #196 on: February 15, 2018, 07:51:12 AM »
Is there a specific date or an average time when Reitaisai participants are announced/confirmed? I browsed and searched the site and the best I could find was a post from last year that gave a link that had the list of participants.
It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by Rumia.

N-Forza

• Information Superhighway Robbery
  • I said it was a steal, but not for whom
« Reply #197 on: February 15, 2018, 08:20:17 AM »
They announced the results mid-March last year so it will probably be the same this year too.

PK

• Border of Whatever
« Reply #198 on: February 18, 2018, 02:34:50 PM »
Did VFiS suddenly become monthly? I see thwiki.info marked Chapter 10 to be released 26 of February.

Lebon14

• 椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!
« Reply #199 on: February 18, 2018, 08:03:39 PM »
Did VFiS suddenly become monthly? I see thwiki.info marked Chapter 10 to be released 26 of February.

At the end of Chapter 9, it's explicit said "Continued next chapter, in April!" So, it's a mistake I'm pretty sure.

PK

• Border of Whatever
« Reply #200 on: February 26, 2018, 09:07:53 PM »
At the end of Chapter 9, it's explicit said "Continued next chapter, in April!" So, it's a mistake I'm pretty sure.
Well, the "April" issue of the magazine came out the 26 of February (today/tomorrow).
Hirasaka posted this on twitter:
https://twitter.com/hirasaka8/status/968060482660704258

Edit: Clarste confirmed it, also for next month. Good!
« Last Edit: February 26, 2018, 10:02:52 PM by PK »

Lebon14

• 椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!
« Reply #201 on: February 27, 2018, 04:48:01 AM »
Well, the "April" issue of the magazine came out the 26 of February (today/tomorrow).
Hirasaka posted this on twitter:
https://twitter.com/hirasaka8/status/968060482660704258

Edit: Clarste confirmed it, also for next month. Good!

Came to post to correct myself but I was too slow!
It's nice to see more of the same-face fairies again!

« Reply #202 on: March 02, 2018, 01:24:08 AM »
Why does Ichirin wield those two golden rings (other than the obvious usage as weapons)? Are they related to Buddhism in any way?
My old avatars: Old ass turtle, Unzan - Second and Current Avatar by the talented Aoshi-shi

Drake

« Reply #203 on: March 02, 2018, 08:10:20 AM »
Either referring to the cycle of Samsara itself (輪廻) or the Dharmachakra (法輪), the latter I find more likely. Note this is also the "rin" in Ichirin.

« Reply #204 on: March 07, 2018, 07:47:39 PM »
There seems to be recurring theme of circles and rings in UFO. Probably a reference to the wheel of dharma or something.

Drake

« Reply #205 on: March 08, 2018, 02:34:20 AM »
Note that Ichirin's whole existence is because ZUN wanted to include a Nyuudou (入道), which besides the youkai, refers to entering monkhood (from which the nyuudou gets its name), and/or achieving enlightenment. The imagery is everywhere.

Bonus note, he is a cloud because cumulonimbus clouds are colloquially called nyuudoukumo (入道雲). Nyuudou being clouds isn't a regular thing.

« Reply #206 on: March 10, 2018, 09:35:57 PM »
Not sure if this is the thread for this sort of question since I'm new, but after reading the rules and stuff, this seems to be the best place?

So I was trying to look for Eastern Starlight Romance because I just found out about it today. The main site (http://dsd.faceroll.net/) is down and the last time it was archived on archive.org was September 2017; maybe the site disappeared shortly after.  There's a 2010-2011 MotK thread about Demo 2 being released, with defunct download links, and a 2016 Reddit thread directing to the not functional website.

Does anybody know what happened to the project, and if there's any way I can get + play it?

« Reply #207 on: March 11, 2018, 10:12:06 AM »
I don't know what happened to them, but here's a link to the latest demo:

https://web.archive.org/web/20170921185833if_/http://dsd.faceroll.net/downloads/ESR-Demo3.0-all.zip

« Reply #208 on: March 11, 2018, 11:10:42 PM »
It works! Thanks so much.

« Reply #209 on: March 17, 2018, 03:32:11 PM »
Why is using vpatch usually not considered cheating?