Author Topic: JoJo's Bizarre Grail War - A Fate/Z-Machine Adventure  (Read 211669 times)

Re: JoJo's Bizarre Grail War - A Fate/Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #930 on: August 24, 2017, 09:37:47 AM »
>"Maybe. But I still can't help but feel that if he'd wanted us dead tonight, he wouldn't have just left us alone while we were under the effect of his noble phantasm."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #931 on: August 24, 2017, 09:52:30 AM »
>"Maybe. But I still can't help but feel that if he'd wanted us dead tonight, he wouldn't have just left us alone while we were under the effect of his noble phantasm."

>"I wonder about that..." says Archer. "I think, if he could have gotten Charles and you and me, or even just you and Charles, he would have done it. The opportunity was just too good to pass up otherwise."

>_

Monarda

• Tactician that has a soft spot for cuteness.
  • Art by Amibazh
« Reply #932 on: August 24, 2017, 10:17:42 AM »
>Say... did we check up on our wards ?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #933 on: August 24, 2017, 10:24:09 AM »
>Say... did we check up on our wards ?

>No. But you haven't noticed anything immediately awry, at least.

>_

Monarda

• Art by Amibazh
« Reply #934 on: August 24, 2017, 10:26:05 AM »
>Hm...
>How far away were we from Assassin ?
>Do we know if he actually detected us and Archer or not ?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #935 on: August 24, 2017, 10:39:47 AM »
>Hm...
>How far away were we from Assassin ?
>Do we know if he actually detected us and Archer or not ?

>A few yards at most.
>You are 100% certain that unless he has some strangle vision issues, he saw you. You were out in the open.

>_

Monarda

• Art by Amibazh
« Reply #936 on: August 24, 2017, 11:09:19 AM »
>Maybe he is limited to one target and only one target ?

Tashi

• Charming Devil!
  • For all of my life... A stranger I remain.
« Reply #937 on: August 24, 2017, 03:47:59 PM »
> "Yes... Another theory I have is that Assassin and his Master are the kind of 'let them kill themselves and we'll take care of the leftovers', but yet, that just doesn't seem right since he didn't aimed that gun of his to us."
> Chuckle awkwardly.
> "... It may sound a bit like we are full of ourselves, but maybe it left us alive so we can defeat most of the enemies and THEN he kills them? Pretty unlikely, though."
ALL HAIL PROPOSALING-SAMA. SURPRISE FOR HIM.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #938 on: August 24, 2017, 08:09:36 PM »

>Maybe he is limited to one target and only one target ?
> "Yes... Another theory I have is that Assassin and his Master are the kind of 'let them kill themselves and we'll take care of the leftovers', but yet, that just doesn't seem right since he didn't aimed that gun of his to us."
> Chuckle awkwardly.
> "... It may sound a bit like we are full of ourselves, but maybe it left us alive so we can defeat most of the enemies and THEN he kills them? Pretty unlikely, though."

>....Maybe? It seems unlikely this would be a "feature" of the Servant himself, although it would definitely be a telling quirk. It is possible that the Master ordered one kill only? But you would have no real idea why they would do that outside of some odd sense of honor. It feels unlikely.
>"Hm. I can't see any use in being a vulture like that," says Archer. "But that doesn't mean someone isn't of the mindset of doing that. I wouldn't trust it until I see more proof, through."

>_

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #939 on: August 24, 2017, 09:37:06 PM »
> When we get a spare moment, let's google up some pictures of guns, starting with WW1-WW2 era pistols I guess, to see if we can find out exactly what Assassin's gun was.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #940 on: August 24, 2017, 09:50:14 PM »
> When we get a spare moment, let's google up some pictures of guns, starting with WW1-WW2 era pistols I guess, to see if we can find out exactly what Assassin's gun was.

>It's not like you having dicked with your phone while eating before, especially since pizza only takes one hand.
>You start on the pizza, pleased to see they seem to have given you extra cheese, presumably to avoid having to put up the last of the cheese when cleaning up. Archer regards is with some mild suspicion at first, then takes a slice and bites it it. "Huh, this is different," says Archer. "We didn't have most of these things back in my time... Not bad at all, even if it's greasy as boar. No idea how you can get bread to do that."

>_

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #941 on: August 24, 2017, 10:13:42 PM »
> "There's a lot of different kinds of cheap hot meals you can buy these days. I'd get used to the grease, though..."
> Resolve to have a burger with Archer at some point.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #942 on: August 24, 2017, 10:19:06 PM »
> "There's a lot of different kinds of cheap hot meals you can buy these days. I'd get used to the grease, though..."
> Resolve to have a burger with Archer at some point.

>"There's worse things," says Archer. "Actually, this is pretty good. What's that sauce?"
>No doubt Archer will enjoy the fruits of the Earl of Sandwich's regency era decadence...
>Just idly looking around WW1 era weapons on Wikipedia, which are frighteningly well-listed, you are see some weapons that look similar to  the one that Assassin had. In particular, some of these Browning pistols...

>_

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #943 on: August 24, 2017, 10:49:21 PM »
> Google "assassin browning pistol"
> Poke around a bit...
> "Princip?s FN Browning designed M1910"
> OH MY GOD IS IT ACTUALLY HIM?
> CHECK INFO

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #944 on: August 24, 2017, 10:58:07 PM »
> Google "assassin browning pistol"
> Poke around a bit...
> "Princip?s FN Browning designed M1910"
> OH MY GOD IS IT ACTUALLY HIM?
> CHECK INFO

>You look, and...that is unquestionably the gun that you saw.
>You don't think just the weapon is enough... If you had something else to confirm it.

>_

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #945 on: August 24, 2017, 11:10:09 PM »
> Okay. Browse his wiki article and try to commit it to memory so we can try to pick out any other details next time we see him.
> "Oh, sorry, uh, it's just called pizza sauce, it's tomato with a lot of spices. Anyway, look, look, I just found Assassin's weapon! I need more evidence to be absolutely sure who he is, though."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #946 on: August 24, 2017, 11:22:21 PM »
> Okay. Browse his wiki article and try to commit it to memory so we can try to pick out any other details next time we see him.
> "Oh, sorry, uh, it's just called pizza sauce, it's tomato with a lot of spices. Anyway, look, look, I just found Assassin's weapon! I need more evidence to be absolutely sure who he is, though."

>You look through the wikipedia article, and find there is a photo of Gavrilo Princip, as well as another picture of the gun. Looking at his picture, the mustache and jaw line look very strikingly like what you saw before... It's got to be him.
>Information update: Assassin.
>"We didn't have in Nottingham," says Archer. "It's tasty though. And salty, you guys must have a lot of that, too. Wait, you found his weapon?"

>_

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #947 on: August 24, 2017, 11:23:56 PM »
>> CHECK INFO

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #948 on: August 24, 2017, 11:39:52 PM »
>> CHECK INFO

>Assassin: Gavirlo Princip
>Master: ???
>Strength:   E   
>Mana: E
>Endurance:D   
>Luck: EX
>Agility:   A+   
>N. Phantasm: EX      
>Class skills:
>>Presence Concealment: D
>Personal skills:
>>Luck of the Devil: A
>>Anarchist: B
>Noble Phantasms:
>>Edge of History
>>>Anti-causality   
>>>EX
>Gavrilo Princip is commonly agreed to be the man to set the events of World War 1 into motion with the assassination of the heir to the throne of Austria-Hungary. The assassination can best be described as an immense stroke of luck on his part. As a member of the Black Hand organization, he sought Bosnian independence and for the formation of a Yugoslavian state, and is frequently regarded as a hero among Bosnians and European anarchists to this this day. The assassination of of Archduke Ferdinand nearly failed, and it was only due to mere chance that Princip was able to complete the deed before being arrested; after the initial attempt had been botched and the Archduke happened to stop near a cafe where Princip was resting. From there began a series of events that would lead to the bloodiest war of its time. He would later die in prison from tuberculosis, having been too young to assign the death penalty under the law, after having lost his right arm to the disease. 
>"You look like you'e just seen a ghost," says Archer, frowning.

>_

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #949 on: August 24, 2017, 11:45:35 PM »
> Stay quiet for a sec while we digest this.
> Luck of the Devil is pretty self-explanatory, but holy shit, EX class Noble Phantasm. How does it work?

Amraphenson

• The problem is, you're a friend that likes to talk!
  • ...well, I am too!
« Reply #950 on: August 25, 2017, 12:26:53 AM »
a point: EX does not mean 11/10. it means orange/10. rather than do things better than everything else, it does things that shouldn't be possible; so based on Princip, I imagine it's related to how his bullshit luck allowed him to still get the shot in the end. What, shitty cyanide pill, was at a cafe the Archduke happened to go to after for some reason deciding to go off route after the first failed attempt? he can probably domino effect things into motion REALLY well
Sugoiiii~
[23:02] <~Iced> You have sown the seeds of your own destruction Amra.
[23:20] <Stuffman> enjoy your personally crafted hell Amra

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #951 on: August 25, 2017, 12:44:48 AM »
> Stay quiet for a sec while we digest this.
> Luck of the Devil is pretty self-explanatory, but holy shit, EX class Noble Phantasm. How does it work?

>"Lily?" says Archer.
>Luck of the Devil
>The tenuous quality of luck sometimes works strongly in the favor of the bearer of this trait, but their charmed life may betray them.
>Edge of History
>This noble phantasm exists less as a tool and more as a concept around the user. With this, absolute focus is drawn upon a small action, whose effects shall not be denied and will ripple out to affect surrounding events. This will build up to alter the course of history on a large scale. However, much like a natural disaster born from the single flap of a butterfly's wings a half world away, the final form of the resulting events cannot be known until they have happened. The unusual focus of this Noble Phantasm means that it cannot be used in a repeated manner until the effects of the previous use have radiated out to some degree.

>_

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #952 on: August 25, 2017, 01:13:25 AM »
Well. If you need something to kick off a series of events, murdering a prolific billionaire is one hell of a place to start. Jesus christ.

> "Ah...I just figured out who Assassin is. I'm not sure what to make of it, but I think tonight's events will end up changing the world..."
> Explain what we just learned to Archer.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #953 on: August 25, 2017, 01:43:20 AM »
> "Ah...I just figured out who Assassin is. I'm not sure what to make of it, but I think tonight's events will end up changing the world..."
> Explain what we just learned to Archer.

>You try to summarize what you've learned. Archer listens, nodding from time to time, finishing her slice and moving on toward another one as you do. "How...weird," says Archer. "I've heard of changing the battlefield, but this is ridiculous..."

>_

Tashi

• Charming Devil!
« Reply #954 on: August 25, 2017, 02:26:39 AM »
> A single bullet. A dead body. A lot will change. Something BIG will happen, and that's an understatement.
> Check what time it is.
> "I don't know what EXACTLY might happen... but I sincerely hope that the fact we were there will affect us... I hope."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #955 on: August 25, 2017, 02:29:37 AM »
> A single bullet. A dead body. A lot will change. Something BIG will happen, and that's an understatement.
> Check what time it is.
> "I don't know what EXACTLY might happen... but I sincerely hope that the fact we were there will affect us... I hope."

>You have a bad feeling about this.
>It is a bit after ten thirty.
>"Well, we didn't get shot," says Archer. "So that's something. What I'm more worried about is the next time."

>_

Tashi

• Charming Devil!
« Reply #956 on: August 25, 2017, 02:44:57 AM »
> "Next time, we'll be a bit more prepared. We already know who is our enemy."
> Remaining pizza slices.
> Where's the gold tube thing we have to examine?
> "As you said before, if we are going to plan anything else we will have to foresaw the possible consequences. I don't want to get more innocent people involved in this, if possible."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #957 on: August 25, 2017, 02:57:56 AM »
> "Next time, we'll be a bit more prepared. We already know who is our enemy."
> Remaining pizza slices.
> Where's the gold tube thing we have to examine?
> "As you said before, if we are going to plan anything else we will have to foresaw the possible consequences. I don't want to get more innocent people involved in this, if possible."

>Archer nods. "Yes, that will do a lot to make the next fight go better. Once we know who they are, we can figure out their weaknesses."
>There are five slices left; you're on your first and Archer is on her second.
>It has been set aside on a table.
>"So far, I don't think we've gotten anyone innocent involved," says Archer. "Though that's poised to change, I suppose."

>_

Tashi

• Charming Devil!
« Reply #958 on: August 25, 2017, 02:59:47 AM »
> "And what about the constable?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #959 on: August 25, 2017, 03:12:47 AM »
> "And what about the constable?"

>"...Okay, I forgot about him," says Archer with a shrug. "A lot happened, okay?"

>_