Author Topic: Ido thread: 東方真珠島 ~ Hollow Song of Birds  (Read 100950 times)

Naudiz

• The Somnambulist
  • The watchdog who never stops watching.
Re: Ido thread: 東方真珠島 ~ Hollow Song of Birds
« Reply #120 on: October 14, 2018, 05:43:28 AM »
Is it really okay to hijack the TriFocuser thread like this? If we're doing this then we should at least make the top post a summary of all the idogames with relevant information.
I second this idea. Maybe link to the other games' threads too (even if they're long dead) for the sake of having any extra information handy. If not, wiki links would suffice.

Also, since I'm here, was there any recent estimate as to when HSoB's full version would be released? I read "a little bit longer" but I'm not sure whether they're trying to keep us on edge or they're actually close to being done.
Co-developer of Servants of Harvest Wish, Sapphire Panlogism, Comatose Chaos, Treasure Castle Labyrinth, and more.
I'm the dog that makes your game and calls you a bitch.

« Reply #121 on: October 18, 2018, 10:49:32 PM »
Did they get to post the stream's recording somewhere?  I'm trying to look for it, but can't seem to find it.  I'd imagine they'd've posted it on their blog or NND channel.

KaiserKnuckle

• You better stop,
  • and think about what you're doing
    • Music interests and whatnot
« Reply #122 on: October 19, 2018, 03:23:41 AM »
If there was any recordings of the stream, then I do not think that Team Kaisendokaniknightwhatever have directly uploaded it themselves; I haven't seen anything on Mace or Milka's twitters relating to links to them, and directly searching for 東方真珠島 on Nico doesn't bring up anything that isn't a Kaisendo Direct or 1cc footage.

(Also, it should be mentioned; it seems that , it seems.)
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

Naudiz

• The Somnambulist
  • The watchdog who never stops watching.
« Reply #123 on: October 20, 2018, 02:19:56 AM »
(Also, it should be mentioned; it seems that , it seems.)

Ehhhhh, that's still Calamity's art. They just added new cut-ins for the players' Z-Spells.
Co-developer of Servants of Harvest Wish, Sapphire Panlogism, Comatose Chaos, Treasure Castle Labyrinth, and more.
I'm the dog that makes your game and calls you a bitch.

« Reply #124 on: December 17, 2018, 09:25:31 PM »
HSoB's jewel case was revealed yesterday. It seems like we're set for a Kaisendo Direct display next January.
Also, for those not aware, a pair of tweets last month revealed what seems to be
Spoiler:
VD Nightmare Week inspired patterns to come in the lategame
. This game is going to be zany.

« Reply #125 on: January 27, 2019, 04:15:17 PM »
https://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm34539466 Stages 4-6 + small announcement
Spoiler:
of Untouched album and Kaguya actually being playable.
. That's all.

Spoiler:
Gj Kaisendo, doubt you'll ever top this, but I'd like to be proven wrong

Like I don't want to overhype this, but this really annihilated my expectations.

Seems like Horus is having a war against Set and got Shinran to recruit troops for her? Am I getting that right? Also technology also egypt
« Last Edit: January 27, 2019, 06:06:11 PM by Popcioslav »
No.

« Reply #126 on: January 27, 2019, 04:44:14 PM »
Release date?

« Reply #127 on: January 27, 2019, 05:14:20 PM »
I love that final boss. I guess I should wait until I can understand the dialogue, but if she's anything like how I'm imagining her it's creative genius.

This game also looks pretty hard even on normal. I can't imagine what Lunatic is going to be like.
My name is Tres. It sounds like "Tray". Tressert is "Tray-zurt"; like Tres dessert.
I've cleared every touhou game on Lunatic, and beaten every extra except SoEW.
NMNB: MoF Hard, SA Extra, UFO Extra

« Reply #128 on: January 27, 2019, 09:50:12 PM »
Oh man!!  I'm really torn between watching it and waiting until I play it myself.  I believe they haven't released a download link yet, yeah?  Any idea when it might come out?

CrestedPeak9

• Fangame Advocate
« Reply #129 on: January 27, 2019, 10:53:23 PM »
Oh man!!  I'm really torn between watching it and waiting until I play it myself.  I believe they haven't released a download link yet, yeah?  Any idea when it might come out?

Looking near the end of the video, the game and OST will be released in a day or two.
Lunatic 1cc: EoSD, PCB, IN, MoF, TD, DDC, LoLK, HSiFS, WBaWC

« Reply #130 on: January 27, 2019, 11:13:44 PM »
Plot plot plot plot plot plot plot plot
Stage 4 boss is Shiran Tokujakubou ("Priest Shiran"), the leader of the "Youdo Shinshuu" Buddhist sect for bird youkai. (She's not actually Shinran lol, she's just cribbing his style.) Half of her spells are plagiarized from other Chirper users (Aya, Sagume) and her final spell is a spirit bomb based off of that JP Twitter thing where, when the Ghibli Laputa movie's on TV, literally everyone shouts "BALSE" at the same time as the protagonists near the end?? god

Stage 5 is a desert in the Forest of Magic --> big pyramid tower built by General Set. It's called the 禁呪塔 (kinjutou, 'forbidden incantation tower') as a pun on 金字塔 (kinjitou / JP word for pyramids) and the game was originally straight-up going to be called Touhou Kinjutou, but Milka thought that'd be too obvious so she changed the title as a red herring lol. Mystia flew over to respond to the bird gang's request for backup but oh god, she didn't expect there to be a desert here, help

Stage 5 boss is General Set, inhabiting the body of a Seto-Taishou (http://yokai.com/setotaishou/).
Set has an ongoing feud with Ra/Horus/etc. as per Egyptian mythology; he came up with a plan to stop time while Ra's boat and all the deities aboard it are in the underworld for the night, thus trapping them there and giving Set free reign over the world. To accomplish this, he stole one of Thoth's magic texts (Thoth being a god of time) and took it to Gensokyo. Since ibises were one of Thoth's main symbols, some of the extinct ibis population now residing in Gensokyo might be able to recite the spells in it. (Also, Set's own body got chopped up at some point during his conflicts with Horus, so he's only a set (ha) of limbs. The rest of the body belongs to the Seto-Taishou lady he's possessing.)

(also milka mentions in the video dialogue that the pyramid is, like, driven into the ground as a symbolic wedge to hold time in place. neat)
Set hits the pyramid's self-destruct button after the fight and we have to ruuuunnnnn out of there!! Escape sequence!!
(more trivia from milka: the fairies in the pyramid aren't trying to escape, bc they heard about how "mummies were preserved in pyramids as preparation for their next life" and telephone-gamed it into "if a fairy dies in a collapsing pyramid they'll be super ultra strong when they revive!!" lmao)

Stage 6 boss is Horou Torisumi, a rando ibis youkai who Set hired to recite Thoth's spells. She'd normally be a stage 1 or 2 boss, but she's armed with a high-tech Emerald Tablet and the Eye of Horus and currently in superboss mode. She wants to use the Tablet's spells to pass through Gensokyo's barrier and reunite with her fellow ibises in Sado. From her second nonspell onward, she starts forcibly changing the color of the player's options. (also i suspect her 'ibis' and 'book' elements were partly conceived as a homage to Tokiko lol.) Set's time-stopping plan ultimately only extended to Gensokyo thanks to the Hakurei Barrier; Shiran foresaw this when Set approached them with the plan, but went along with it anyway A) to help Horou reunite with her fellow ibises (and then hopefully convince said ibises to convert to Youdo Shinshuu lol) and B) as a big fun event for all the bird gang members to participate in before Set inevitably got defeated by the protagonist.

Also the second S5 boss is Nephthys who's here to drag Set back to Egypt. (i hope she shows up again in the EX stage...)

edit: The game is all done and ready to play btw, we just have to wait for it to be approved by the Freem! upload mods cos it's hosted there this time around instead of axfc
« Last Edit: January 28, 2019, 06:35:57 AM by gilde »

☆ Kana ☆

• Vanishing Dream
  • Lost Dream
    • lololololo tungle
« Reply #131 on: January 28, 2019, 01:27:59 AM »
*vibrates excitedly* I've. Been. Waiting. For so loooooong~!  :D

I'll of course wait to give my opinions until I can actually play this new ver of the game, but from gilde's plot post it already seems very promising!

i can already see the "jokes" that'll be made re: the general set thing eeeee
Dream a dream so grand...that it becomes a nightmare.

Fulisha of Light

• Also known as Felis-Licht
  • Light and Day Aeon ~C☆
« Reply #132 on: January 28, 2019, 06:40:03 AM »
Stage 5 boss is General Set, inhabiting the body of a Seto-Taishou (http://yokai.com/setotaishou/).
Set has an ongoing feud with Ra/Horus/etc. as per Egyptian mythology; he came up with a plan to stop time while Ra's boat and all the deities aboard it are in the underworld for the night, thus trapping them there and giving Set free reign over the world. To accomplish this, he stole one of Thoth's magic texts (Thoth being a god of time) and took it to Gensokyo. Since ibises were one of Thoth's main symbols, some of the extinct ibis population now residing in Gensokyo might be able to recite the spells in it. (Also, Set's own body got chopped up at some point during his conflicts with Horus, so he's only a set (ha) of limbs. The rest of the body belongs to the Seto-Taishou lady he's possessing.)

Well that explains the yaoi hands  :V

Stage 6 boss is Horou Torisumi, a rando ibis youkai who Set hired to recite Thoth's spells. She'd normally be a stage 1 or 2 boss, but she's armed with a high-tech Emerald Tablet and the Eye of Horus and currently in superboss mode. She wants to use the Tablet's spells to pass through Gensokyo's barrier and reunite with her fellow ibises in Sado. From her second nonspell onward, she starts forcibly changing the color of the player's options. (also i suspect her 'ibis' and 'book' elements were partly conceived as a homage to Tokiko lol.) Set's time-stopping plan ultimately only extended to Gensokyo thanks to the Hakurei Barrier; Shiran foresaw this when Set approached them with the plan, but went along with it anyway A) to help Horou reunite with her fellow ibises (and then hopefully convince said ibises to convert to Youdo Shinshuu lol) and B) as a big fun event for all the bird gang members to participate in before Set inevitably got defeated by the protagonist.

Wait, so Horou wasn't Horus?  :wat: What will the Extra boss be I wonder...

« Reply #133 on: January 28, 2019, 07:52:04 AM »
Calling it the extra boss will have something to do with building a wall
My name is Tres. It sounds like "Tray". Tressert is "Tray-zurt"; like Tres dessert.

☆ Kana ☆

• Vanishing Dream
  • Lost Dream
    • lololololo tungle
« Reply #134 on: January 28, 2019, 10:32:52 AM »
Dream a dream so grand...that it becomes a nightmare.

« Reply #135 on: January 28, 2019, 12:30:52 PM »
For those interested wanwan already posted whole OST ready for download: https://wanwan.bandcamp.com/album/hollow-song-of-birds-original-soundtrack

Spoiler:
1ccing the game unlocks Kaguya

Also the order of bosses in boss rush at the end was different for me huh

If you get enough crystals on the top left and hold fire at the of the stage you get boss' Z spell
« Last Edit: January 28, 2019, 12:33:20 PM by Popcioslav »
No.

RegalStar

• Envoy of Balance
« Reply #136 on: January 28, 2019, 12:45:53 PM »
The game loads nothing after stage 4 midboss.  ???

« Reply #137 on: January 28, 2019, 12:49:16 PM »
I love how game over theme is Momohime's and Fuma's theme on guitar + choir reminding me of Ieasua and Mitama.
It's also somehow the most calming thing.

Sounds like you might've bombed/z spelled too much? I know similar thing happened with some other fangame
No.

RegalStar

• Envoy of Balance
« Reply #138 on: January 28, 2019, 01:24:38 PM »
Yeah I used a lot of bombs and z-spells to rack up some score and cheese past problematic areas.

PyuDi

• daily touhou~
  • danmakufu!
« Reply #139 on: January 28, 2019, 04:18:56 PM »
http://th-jss.cocolog-nifty.com/blog/2019/01/ver100-9385.html
They pulled up a fix on 28th.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2019, 01:19:13 AM by PyuDi »

KaiserKnuckle

• You better stop,
  • and think about what you're doing
    • Music interests and whatnot
« Reply #140 on: January 28, 2019, 05:19:36 PM »
What in the unholy name of god is that first spell of Set's on Lunatic.
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

« Reply #141 on: January 29, 2019, 04:19:00 AM »
Wooh!  Just 1cc'd hard.  It feels like Purple is definitely the best survival-oriented shot, but I've yet to try things like Blue though. 

PapilLionesskort

• "Perfectly Immoral Moral Person"
  • Pretty much just lurking innocently
« Reply #142 on: January 29, 2019, 11:42:44 AM »
I 1Cced Hard with purple as well, despite getting blindsided by all the shenanigans from stage 5 on and mildly panicking.

Also nearly memed myself to death in stage 4 when I learnt at the wrong moment I picked wallwrapping and kept accidentally warping during the midboss Spell.
Write or fight, same thing. You might as well come out swinging either way.<3 Just not too hard, as that's no fun.

CrestedPeak9

• Fangame Advocate
« Reply #143 on: January 30, 2019, 02:13:56 AM »
https://youtu.be/vi0fgU85X5U
Lunatic Sakuya-Purple 1cc. Absolutely one of the best shottypes in the game.

Other good shottypes as recommended by the devs include ReimuRed, ReimuYellow, MarisaYellow, SakuyaYellow, etc. White and Black gems are strictly challenge gems, and
Spoiler:
Horou won't change your gem when using white/black, so that can make some spells much harder.

Spoiler:
Two more things, Mystia and Nebet have a duo LW in spell practice, and Horou has a LW in spell practice as well. You unlock it in the same way you unlock the other LWs, the gauge is just hidden for Stage 6. And uh, Horou also fills your Z-Spell gauge automatically during her final, so make use of that.

« Reply #144 on: January 30, 2019, 05:41:44 AM »

Hmmmm.... interesting. Is there any benefit to using Sakuya over Marisa? Their range isn't very different and Marisa has piercing. I was under the impression that, outside gimmick gems, Marisa's base shot was strictly superior.

CrestedPeak9

• Fangame Advocate
« Reply #145 on: January 30, 2019, 06:30:18 AM »
Hmmmm.... interesting. Is there any benefit to using Sakuya over Marisa? Their range isn't very different and Marisa has piercing. I was under the impression that, outside gimmick gems, Marisa's base shot was strictly superior.

Purple had an added functionality in the full game where your main shots (fired from a character, not option) will warp once from top of screen back to bottom. This is immensely useful with Sakuya because all her knives pierce, which allows her main knives to hit twice, while Marisa's lasers don't wrap around and her "main" shots don't pierce.

Also Sakuya's range is much better, so stages become significantly easier.

RegalStar

• Envoy of Balance
« Reply #146 on: January 30, 2019, 11:14:12 PM »

How did you record it? Neither Fraps nor OBS seem to want to work with this game on my computer.

CrestedPeak9

• Fangame Advocate
« Reply #147 on: January 30, 2019, 11:23:54 PM »
How did you record it? Neither Fraps nor OBS seem to want to work with this game on my computer.

I used Window Capture on OBS. My PC also seems to be better than most since it can hold 60fps at full effects as well, so there's that...

RegalStar

• Envoy of Balance
« Reply #148 on: January 30, 2019, 11:39:02 PM »
It turns out that,
Spoiler:
despite countering your Z-spell with her own during her last card, Horou still takes damage from it. Makes you wonder what the point of that is considering you're invincible when she's spewing that crap anyways.

I used Window Capture on OBS. My PC also seems to be better than most since it can hold 60fps at full effects as well, so there's that...

Whenever I try, the recording blinks like crazy regardless of how little effect I use (despite the actual game window displaying everything fine even at full effects). What setting are you using?
« Last Edit: January 30, 2019, 11:58:02 PM by RegalStar »

CrestedPeak9

• Fangame Advocate
« Reply #149 on: January 31, 2019, 03:04:46 AM »
Whenever I try, the recording blinks like crazy regardless of how little effect I use (despite the actual game window displaying everything fine even at full effects). What setting are you using?

I'm not sure I even changed any settings, though I have had the blinking effect occur in BoSM Stage 6 when I was using Game Capture. Sorry I couldn't help you for this, I'm not sure what's causing your issue.