Author Topic: [Music] Tres Stuff Updated Once Every 4 Years  (Read 2115 times)

[Music] Tres Stuff Updated Once Every 4 Years
« on: May 11, 2017, 05:10:36 AM »
Sooooo I've made enough music that I decided getting a soundcloud would be worth it. Buuuuuuut.... I can still improve a lot in a lot of areas. I would appreciate it a ton if I could get any kind of feedback. I would like to improve hehehe...
Link to the soundcloud.

This is the most recent song. The others were made anywhere between 6 months and 6 years ago, so some of them might not be very accurate to what I'm doing now.
My name is Tres. It sounds like "Tray". Tressert is "Tray-zurt"; like Tres dessert.
I've cleared every touhou game on Lunatic, and beaten every extra except SoEW.
NMNB: MoF Hard, SA Extra, UFO Extra

Re: [Music] Tres Stuff Updated Once Every 4 Years
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2017, 09:30:20 AM »
Holy crap, these are pretty catchy! I really like this one and this one, they're the ones that stand out the most.

Really, you've got some good things going here! But I do have to ask: did you use a DAW(music software)? If so, then I suggest you play with the note velocities and pitch-shifts, and whatnot. The two standout tracks sound fine, but the others sound pretty same-ey, especially the last two (at the very bottom). Play with the timbre, it'll make your instruments sound more like they're being played by humans.
Also, play with your time signatures more. This isn't criticism, but more as a general suggestion. I like the latest track because it's different; both in tone and rhythm. But take this statement for granted because odd time signatures =/= good music.

Overall, you've got talent! You know the basics, you know how to make an intro hook. You just need to experiment more so that each track you make doesn't sound too similar to the others(unless that's your goal, which is okay, but it doesn't mean they have to be almost identical).

I followed! Can't wait to hear more if this is what you're offering.  :D

JIR-0

• Koishi is best
    • SoundCloud
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2017, 11:03:44 AM »
Oh sweet, these are really great! I assume you're trying to make them sound ZUN-esque (from what I've seen in the tags on your uploads), and I think it's halfway close to it IMO. You seem to rather have your own musical style with slight inspirations from ZUN and others instead of a "shoot-em-up wannabe". This one is probably one of the best ones from your uploads, it sounds like a mix of ZUN and Michiru Yamane's music styles with some of your own twists.

I'm definitely looking forward to what you have in store.

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2017, 04:49:47 PM »
Thank you both for the compliments and criticisms.

Really, you've got some good things going here! But I do have to ask: did you use a DAW(music software)? If so, then I suggest you play with the note velocities and pitch-shifts, and whatnot. The two standout tracks sound fine, but the others sound pretty same-ey, especially the last two (at the very bottom). Play with the timbre, it'll make your instruments sound more like they're being played by humans.
Also, play with your time signatures more. This isn't criticism, but more as a general suggestion. I like the latest track because it's different; both in tone and rhythm. But take this statement for granted because odd time signatures =/= good music.

I just used FL studio. For the velocity thing, you made me realize- I play around a lot with the note velocities on the drums, bass, and "side" instruments, but hardly at all with the main instrument. I'll keep that in mind for the future.
My name is Tres. It sounds like "Tray". Tressert is "Tray-zurt"; like Tres dessert.
I've cleared every touhou game on Lunatic, and beaten every extra except SoEW.
NMNB: MoF Hard, SA Extra, UFO Extra