Author Topic: Sakuya Quest 6 - A Z-Machine Adventure  (Read 71258 times)

Suwako Moriya

• Hey you with the pretty face
  • Welcome to the human race!
Re: Sakuya Quest 6 - A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #60 on: September 26, 2016, 12:18:29 PM »
> When the chariot landed, were we still in "familiar territory" to us? That is, we made very little/no progress into unknown lands in the direction of True Glorian?
The only thing this dimension does well is show its ass. We might as well applaud it! - Albert Burneko

Well, this game happened.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #61 on: September 26, 2016, 12:21:09 PM »
> When the chariot landed, were we still in "familiar territory" to us? That is, we made very little/no progress into unknown lands in the direction of True Glorian?

>As familiar as anything here is. You landed at the edge of the Forest of Magic.

>_

Suwako Moriya

« Reply #62 on: September 26, 2016, 12:29:59 PM »
> Nod.
> "All right. If you wish to remain here to guard the chariot, that is fine. I can appreciate wanting to keep such a thing safe. I should return shortly."
> Head out on foot to where the old stone bridge should be.
The only thing this dimension does well is show its ass. We might as well applaud it! - Albert Burneko

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #63 on: September 26, 2016, 01:38:29 PM »
> Nod.
> "All right. If you wish to remain here to guard the chariot, that is fine. I can appreciate wanting to keep such a thing safe. I should return shortly."
> Head out on foot to where the old stone bridge should be.

>You head out on foot!
>Ultimately, this means you end up following the nearby road toward Golden Lake. The going is fairly slow on foot, and you're starting to wonder if it would just be better to fly after all, when you see a familiar curve in the road, and a familiar rundown old house at the curve. The front yard is no longer littered with old furniture, and the roof has been changed, but you would recognize Kourindou anywhere. There is is even an sign by the door declaring it open!

>_

Suwako Moriya

« Reply #64 on: September 26, 2016, 01:40:22 PM »
> ?!?!?!
> Enter!

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #65 on: September 26, 2016, 02:14:56 PM »
> ?!?!?!
> Enter!

>You enter the shop!
>You quickly notice the shelves are much neater than what you remember, stocked with fewer random knick knacks and more dried goods. But you pay little attention to that. as your stare at the person setting at the counter. She is...difficult to see, your eyes just slide off of her, like trying to skim a long paragraph full of technical language. You look at her, but you do not see her, rather you see through her, or perhaps around her.

>_

Suwako Moriya

« Reply #66 on: September 26, 2016, 02:17:32 PM »
> ?!?!?!?!?!?!
> "Pardon me, is this Kourindou?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #67 on: September 26, 2016, 02:29:21 PM »
> ?!?!?!?!?!?!
> "Pardon me, is this Kourindou?"

>"Of course not," comes a strong, but small feminine voice. The woman moves, but you still can't quite get your eyes to focus on her. It is like she is in your peripheral vision, and you can't just look over. You see white and blue, though,and she does not seem to be very tall. "This is Inconspicious Mercantile."

>_

Suwako Moriya

« Reply #68 on: September 26, 2016, 02:32:12 PM »
> "Ah, I see."
> Frown in mild frustration/confusion. Why can't we properly look at this person?
> "How long has it been Inconspicious Mercantile instead of Kourindou?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #69 on: September 26, 2016, 02:55:18 PM »
> "Ah, I see."
> Frown in mild frustration/confusion. Why can't we properly look at this person?
> "How long has it been Inconspicious Mercantile instead of Kourindou?"

>You aren't quite sure why you can't see this person properly. But it is certainly frustrating. You feel yo can almost do it, but your eyes just keep sliding off her.
>"I've lost count," says the speaker.

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #70 on: September 26, 2016, 02:57:15 PM »
> "Mmm, I suppose it has likely been a while, seeing as the original proprietor has been gone for so long his glasses are now considered museum-worthy."
> Frown deeper and keep trying to look at this person.
> "In that case, may I ask your name? It has been a very long time since I was in this area."
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #71 on: September 26, 2016, 03:09:11 PM »
> "Mmm, I suppose it has likely been a while, seeing as the original proprietor has been gone for so long his glasses are now considered museum-worthy."
> Frown deeper and keep trying to look at this person.
> "In that case, may I ask your name? It has been a very long time since I was in this area."

>You frown and try to look at her. You think you can see...short white hair? A blue coat, as well, in a western style.
>"Spectre," she says.

>_

Suwako Moriya

« Reply #72 on: September 26, 2016, 03:16:15 PM »
Oh, you absolute card. (Though the name saddens me a bit.)

> "Well met, Spectre. I am Sakuya Izayoi. Since I am reminiscing about Kourindou, I am the former head maid of the Scarlet Devil Mansion, which stood not too far from here for many years."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #73 on: September 26, 2016, 03:18:43 PM »
> "Well met, Spectre. I am Sakuya Izayoi. Since I am reminiscing about Kourindou, I am the former head maid of the Scarlet Devil Mansion, which stood not too far from here for many years."

>"Hm, I remember that place," she says. "Shame about what happened."

>_

Suwako Moriya

« Reply #74 on: September 26, 2016, 03:20:02 PM »
> Do we recall a 'Spectre' ever visiting our home?
> Brighten up a bit.
> "You do? You wouldn't happen to know what happened to its first Mistress, Remilia Scarlet, would you?"
« Last Edit: September 26, 2016, 03:29:10 PM by Suwako Moriya »

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #75 on: September 26, 2016, 03:43:26 PM »
> Do we recall a 'Spectre' ever visiting our home?
> Brighten up a bit.
> "You do? You wouldn't happen to know what happened to its first Mistress, Remilia Scarlet, would you?"

>No.
>"I have no idea," says Spectre, shaking her head; you can only just catch the motion. "When I dealt with them, Patchouli was the lead dog, and only for a little bit."

>_

Suwako Moriya

« Reply #76 on: September 26, 2016, 03:46:07 PM »
> Deflate a little bit.
> "Ah, unfortunate. Doubly so, if it was truly that long before you visited us, as it would have been well past my time. Were you new to this land then?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #77 on: September 26, 2016, 03:48:05 PM »
> Deflate a little bit.
> "Ah, unfortunate. Doubly so, if it was truly that long before you visited us, as it would have been well past my time. Were you new to this land then?"

>"I was around before that, just that few people noticed," she says.

>_

Suwako Moriya

« Reply #78 on: September 26, 2016, 03:54:03 PM »
> "Hmm. Were you, perhaps, around in my time?"
> Adopt a thinking face.
> "There were a number of significant events in the years before my disappearance...a temporary war between my home and Bhavagra when their islands invaded Gensokyo, the transmogrification of the land's money into jewelry, the resurrection of Lady Toyosatomimi and her entourage, the fluctuations of faith and emotion caused by a menreiki...I think the kobito war was the last major conflict."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #79 on: September 26, 2016, 04:04:30 PM »
> "Hmm. Were you, perhaps, around in my time?"
> Adopt a thinking face.
> "There were a number of significant events in the years before my disappearance...a temporary war between my home and Bhavagra when their islands invaded Gensokyo, the transmogrification of the land's money into jewelry, the resurrection of Lady Toyosatomimi and her entourage, the fluctuations of faith and emotion caused by a menreiki...I think the kobito war was the last major conflict."

>"Yes," she says.

>_

Suwako Moriya

« Reply #80 on: September 26, 2016, 04:06:48 PM »
> "Ah, splendid. This may sound far-fetched, but in that case, would you perhaps like me to deliver a message to your past self?"
« Last Edit: September 26, 2016, 04:10:10 PM by Suwako Moriya »

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #81 on: September 26, 2016, 05:06:47 PM »
> "Ah, splendid. This may sound far-fetched, but in that case, would you perhaps like me to deliver a message to your past self?"

>"What?" she says. "What are you talking about?"

>_

Suwako Moriya

« Reply #82 on: September 26, 2016, 05:11:08 PM »
> "Well...the reason I disappeared was because I was flung forward in time by an unknown force while trying to rescue the hakutaku of the time from an explosive accident in the mansion's library. From my perspective, that explosion was just this morning - from everyone else's, it was nearly one thousand years ago, shortly after the kobito war, or rebellion, or whatever history remembers Shinmyoumaru Sukuna's actions as. I have spent part of the day working to obtain the materials necessary for a spell that should return me to the time in which I belong."
> Heft the shovel just a little bit in demonstration.
> "I was on my way to obtain the last bit of material when I noticed that this shop was open."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #83 on: September 26, 2016, 05:47:08 PM »
> "Well...the reason I disappeared was because I was flung forward in time by an unknown force while trying to rescue the hakutaku of the time from an explosive accident in the mansion's library. From my perspective, that explosion was just this morning - from everyone else's, it was nearly one thousand years ago, shortly after the kobito war, or rebellion, or whatever history remembers Shinmyoumaru Sukuna's actions as. I have spent part of the day working to obtain the materials necessary for a spell that should return me to the time in which I belong."
> Heft the shovel just a little bit in demonstration.
> "I was on my way to obtain the last bit of material when I noticed that this shop was open."

>"I have no idea what you just said," says the indistinct shopkeeper.

>_

Suwako Moriya

« Reply #84 on: September 26, 2016, 05:52:12 PM »
> "Sorry, that was perhaps too many details. The long and short of it is that I do not belong to this time, but to the past, almost a thousand years ago. I will be returning there once I am able. If you wish, I can deliver a message of your choosing to your past self."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #85 on: September 26, 2016, 05:59:24 PM »
> "Sorry, that was perhaps too many details. The long and short of it is that I do not belong to this time, but to the past, almost a thousand years ago. I will be returning there once I am able. If you wish, I can deliver a message of your choosing to your past self."

>"And what will you do with this message?" she says. "This sounds so far fetched it's hard not to believe it is a trick of some kind."

Suwako Moriya

« Reply #86 on: September 26, 2016, 06:03:08 PM »
> "Whatever you wish for me to do with it. And yes, I understand it is rather far-fetched, particularly if you had not visited our home while I was there. If you do not wish for me to do anything, then I will not do anything. There are a fair number of people that have already made message requests, however. Including the Young Mistress, Flandre Scarlet, whom you have presumably met if visited my home while Lady Patchouli was leading it."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #87 on: September 26, 2016, 06:18:24 PM »
> "Whatever you wish for me to do with it. And yes, I understand it is rather far-fetched, particularly if you had not visited our home while I was there. If you do not wish for me to do anything, then I will not do anything. There are a fair number of people that have already made message requests, however. Including the Young Mistress, Flandre Scarlet, whom you have presumably met if visited my home while Lady Patchouli was leading it."

>You're not sure what expression she is making, but you're sure she's making it.  "You're pretty weird, you know that?" she says a length.

>_

Suwako Moriya

« Reply #88 on: September 26, 2016, 06:19:26 PM »
> Chuckle a bit.
> "So I've been told."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #89 on: September 26, 2016, 06:51:17 PM »
> Chuckle a bit.
> "So I've been told."

>"You're not going to read the out loud or give them to some tengu newspaper, are you?" she says.

>_