~Beyond the Border~ > Akyu's Arcade
Let's Play The Genius of Sappheiros [HIATUS]
<< < (3/35) > >>
Serela:
Yes, there's an Easy Mode in the third release. Plus you can turn it on/off at will, so you can always do Easy Mode for a hard boss you've died to a few times and then turn it off after if you want to- or just easy all the time, etc.
Your Everyday NEET:

--- Quote from: Validon98 on June 22, 2016, 05:07:55 PM ---Oh hey there GoS, haven't seen you for awhile. Good luck to ya on this LP, it could... be worse, I guess?

--- End quote ---
Thank you, I'm going to need all the luck I can get. (I don't know how you are able to update once per day)

--- Quote from: Serela on June 22, 2016, 05:25:42 PM ---In the game's defense, grinding isn't really a thing 95% of the time (and can be entirely cut out apart from a tiny bit before the final boss). Extra stats barely help at all so it's only useful if you're about to learn a really nice move, and exp rubberbands really hard to let underleveled people catch up. Materials have low drop rates but the plan is "don't need extra materials"; only craft things that will be -really- helpful, as materials stocked up will make it easier to get all the best stuff in endgame/postgame (where farming is much easier, but still.)

But the difficulty and need for strategy are not understated :V

--- End quote ---
Yeah, I'm a sucker at grinding. But I agree with you. Primary stats like STR, VIT, DEX barely helps at all, instead, I need all the HP, MP, and skills I can get. For rubberbanding and material, I agree with your opinion.

Yeah.. I really need to describe things better.

--- Quote from: CF7 on June 22, 2016, 07:24:24 PM ---Oh, nice. I remember my struggles against this game. Those were fun times. And since i gave up on the final boss fight, maybe watching this LP will motivate me enough to actually finish it.
Anyway, good luck. =)

--- End quote ---
I spent 3 days fighting the final boss and I only won because of luck. I don't know if I can do that again.

--- Quote from: MewMewHeart on June 22, 2016, 09:11:23 PM ---Ah... don't get me started on all the things that made me drop it after the expansion part... it makes my blood boil.

--- End quote ---
Spoiler: Is it the generic Big Bad? The Lack of story? Or the extra difficult optional dungeon and bosses that makes you quit? For me, it's the lack of story

--- Quote from: Serela on June 23, 2016, 04:04:15 AM ---Yes, there's an Easy Mode in the third release. Plus you can turn it on/off at will, so you can always do Easy Mode for a hard boss you've died to a few times and then turn it off after if you want to- or just easy all the time, etc.

--- End quote ---
But beware, all it does is increasing your damage, reducing damage taken, and makes inflicting status easier for both sides (I think). It still doesn't do squat against fixed damage attack, TPK nuke, and status-based nuke.
Your Everyday NEET:
Prologue

So, I decided to experiment with the dialogue by representing the characters with portrait instead of text. But since I'm lazy, I only give it to a handful of character and only make 1 portrait each. 
Validon98:

--- Quote ---We meet Akyuu, the resident chronicler and the only dummied out character in this game. Don't worry, few years later and your look-alike will star as a main character.
--- End quote ---

Funnily enough, the Vita version of GoS undummied her out. She's still a shikigami in DoD, still a doppels in NoR, and replaces Marisa as the Mystic-based character in Marisa's Kirisame Magic Shop, at least? :V
Kilgamayan:

--- Quote ---Too bad (Byakuren) doesn't enter the plot until halfway through the game.
--- End quote ---

Welllllllll...
Navigation
Message Index
Next page
Previous page

Go to full version