Author Topic: Aya's Rejected Story Ideas  (Read 7554 times)

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
Aya's Rejected Story Ideas
« on: June 01, 2016, 01:31:33 PM »
Sunday, late afternoon:

- Kappas. Why do they try and act so coy and adorable when they suck out people's souls? Details on the matter to disgusting to print.

- Fried eel does not actually cure blindness. But maybe it cures something else. Shingles? Dandruff? Better talk to Eirin. Eirin unwilling to talk.

- Reimu is planning a surprise party! Hakurei Shrine vandalized by fairies (fairies had an alibi - suspect unknown) with colored streamers of paper. Melted away in the rain. Oh well.

- Who can drink more, oni or tengu? May investigate further when hangover wears off.

- Kaguya's exhibition of Lunarian artifacts is soooo boring.

- Sanae spotted breaking up a fight victim of "monkey in the middle" game between Suwako and Kanako. Frog hairclip still missing... Eh. Who cares?

- Thoughtography is real really difficult impossible, Hatate is lying possibly disturbed desperate for attention. So what else is new.

- How well can Marisa take a joke? We woke her up with a bucket of ice cold water and what happens next will SURPRISE YOU! comes as absolutely no surprise to anyone. Think I'll spend today in bed.

- Steal something a weird kind of clock from Kourindou, wait for Rinnosuke to throw tantrum. UPDATE: Doesn't seem to realize anything is missing from his store. Good to know.

- BREAKING: Misty Lake undergoing strange "grassification" effect nothing. Must explain to Cirno what algae is.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
Re: Aya's Rejected Story Ideas
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2016, 01:23:26 AM »
Nice.

Now to wait for the the narrative to emerge.

Tengukami

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2016, 02:11:29 PM »
- Field testing fried eel for past week. No noticeable changes in health. Maybe you have to wear it on your face overnight Face now greasy, smells like eels.

- Drink-off between tengu and oni. Found a few of each willing. But what to drink? Options: beer, sake, wine, barley whisky. Whisky in question toxic, causes blindness in frogs.

- Cirno shocked, outrage over mysterious rash of blind frogs.

- Kaguya sent her third messenger rabbit this week asking about an article on her Lunarian stuff. May have to write something after all. Possible angles include:
-- World's Ugliest Flag spotted at Eientei
-- See drawings of clothing pathetically weak humans need to walk on the Moon.
-- Moon peaches or Earth peaches - which tastes better? All the peach trees in Gensokyo are dead. Story? (Can anyone get peaches anywhere else? Who? Where?)

- NEW feature section for paper. Should be investigative articles more interviews gossip. About who*?

- Talk to Suwako/Kanako about monkey-in-the-middle game with Sanae. Wow, "no comment" would have been fine. So rude. Now face smells of eel and frog.

- Surveillance of Sanae and co. ongoing. Sanae still unable to locate missing frog hairclip. REMINDER: Put frog hairclip in conspicuous place near Suwako/Kanako.

* Suwako, clearly jealous of Sanae's accessories.

- Hakurei Shrine hit by streamer bandit again! This is BIG!! R.H. says she has bigger story, will disclose in exchange for squashing this story. This better be good.

- Why would people make a clock that doesn't even work? Maybe ask Rinnosuke how to use it Maybe not a good idea.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

Iced Fairy

• So like if you try to hurt alkaza
  • I will set you on fire k'?
    • Daisukima Dan Blog
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2016, 05:17:09 PM »
Aya's laughing now, but when the runoff from the kappa farms causes an algae bloom that destroys the lake ecosystem.

Maybe the blind fogs will cushion the blow

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2016, 01:44:01 AM »
Ugliest Flag is going to get Aya a Bonus-Kun style visit from a certain faerie.

Tengukami

« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2016, 10:58:18 AM »
Thursday(?), Friday at the latest - 

- Night sparrow in a state of panic: eels mysteriously disappear gonna have to work on this one. M. deserves a comeuppance.

- Still trying to piece together events of drinking contest. Especially who won. What I can remember:
-- We had sake.
-- I have a large bruise on my forehead. Did I fall or was I punched? Neither, see below.
-- Tengu got a little out of hand. At least I suppose based on how many feathers were strewn around the area.
-- Oni half my size are capable of throwing a tengu a considerable distance.

- "Synchronized mochi pounding." Is that a thing? Kaguya must really want coverage. Probably going to be boring as hell but it'll get her off my back OK that was actually pretty amazing.

- Trap sprung! Sanae found her hairclip. Headline?
-- Schism on Mt Youkai
-- Frog Versus Snake
-- This shrine maiden lost her hairclip. What she does when she found it left me SPEECHLESS
-- Rumble in the Jungle YES!!! Someone already used that.
-- ??? Wow, I'm stumped. Stupid drinking contest.

- RH's big story is actually pretty big! Requires some preparation. Still need some kind of disguise. Human maybe? definitely!

- The kappa says she can do something interesting with Rinnosuke's broken clock. Believe that when I see it.

- Still no word about the peaches. Now I'm craving peaches.

- Ice Fairy distraught over blind frogs Well apparently alcohol blindness wears off in frogs. Why do all my best stories turn against me? Must amend this.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2016, 02:23:42 PM »
I laughed much more than I should have at the clickbait headline.

The peaches thing threatens to be interesting, it seems so random. Hypothesis: It connects to the results of the drinking contest.

Silent Harmony

• Everybody needs the Pharmarcy
  • Justice never dies!
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2016, 11:50:53 PM »
I forget, was it you or Purvis that did something similar with telling a story through a series of notes a few years ago? I remember loving it.

Between the clickbait and the mysteries, this is highly entertaining.

1CC List (all shmups)
League of Legends / Battle.net: Harmony11(#1694)

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2016, 11:59:54 PM »
That was me. Ammy even gave me a nice little note telling me about this story and how I helped inspire it.

Tengukami

« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2016, 03:52:41 PM »
Monday -

Very stressed about Print Week. None of these stories are coming together, and I barely have the time to even make news happen. What do we have?

- Night Sparrow Flies Into Mysterious Net Made Of Stinging Nettles (The photos alone make this worth it. Running this.)
- Oni v. Tengu Drinking Match: Who Has The Stronger Stomach? (No one seems to remember anything about that night. Very ominous.)
- Synchronized Mochi Pounding IN PHOTOS (Moon Princess is demanding I make rabbits sign release forms. Check what a "release form" is. Found it. Wow, she must be crazy. Since when does it matter if people or rabbits want to be photographed??)
- Moriya Shrine IN TURMOIL Over Hairclipgate (Curses! They all had tea together and made up already. Someone's got to put a stop to that.)

What I don't have and would still really like to have:

- Reimu's giant story. Can't run this before I get the photos I need. Must find a way into the Netherworld without being seen.
- Kappa's re-imagining of Rinnosuke's clock. Either/or on this one really. We'll see.
- WHERE ARE ALL THE PEACHES?? Am I going to have to recruit Little Miss Ponytails for this one? I sure hope not, but I might have to.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2016, 03:54:40 PM by Tengukami »

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2016, 01:03:20 AM »
Refined Hypothesis: Yuyuko was at the drinking contest, thus peaches.

Tengukami

« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2016, 01:42:37 PM »
Wednesday -

DEFINITELY going in:
- Mystia stuck in a net of stinging nettles (gallery of photos, especially the ones where she's crying).
- Mochi Pounding Madness. I hope I never have to convince 100 rabbits to sign photo release forms ever again. Going to go back to candid/secret photography.
- Nitori said she will come by today to show me what the clock can do, and that I will not be disappointed. So disappointed. Apparently not a clock; it's called a "timer". Just a fancy hourglass with numbers instead of sand and makes a terrible noise. Who would use this? Why?
- Tengu v. Oni Drinking Contest Ends In Disaster - Witnesses Desperately Needed

STILL NEEDS to go in:
- Investigating the great peach wipe-out, by myself. No, I actually need Ponytail's help with this. Ugh.
- Trip to the Netherworld! It'll be like a vacation! Only dark. And miserable.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2016, 02:48:24 PM »
Slowly becoming Welcome to Nightvale. Excellent.

Cirnouli K.

• Hax Sign「YOU JUST PLAIN F-ING LOSE (Unlimited Perfect Freeze)」
  • Yet another fairy lover
« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2016, 09:27:00 PM »
I can hardly wait to see how these stories develop! Hopefully NOT in a complete disaster!
Eye'm the strongest! - Unknown Ice Fairy, 20XX
Cirno is my spirit animal.

« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2016, 05:46:24 AM »
Is this story still alive? I was enjoying it  :(
My old avatars: Old ass turtle, Unzan - Second and Current Avatar by the talented Aoshi-shi