Author Topic: CPSS7: Embodiment of Secret Santa REVEAL POSTED  (Read 148532 times)

Reddyne

• Give me love and money. I have the rest already.
  • Love and money coming from you is what I need.
Re: CPSS: Embodiment of Secret Santa GO GO GO GO GO!
« Reply #480 on: December 29, 2015, 02:13:54 PM »
Doing this stuff in a timely manner is often difficult since I often spend the entire weekend with family and friends and all it entails, often leaving me distracted and without a viable manner of uploading/organizing photos. It appears to be the same for many others. Anyway,

This is a box just in case you guys were wondering what a box is.

I has a helper! She starts by getting in the way. :fail: Well, she's around for her endearing personality and isn't hired help. So what's inside?

The dimensions of the shipping box match up with the present perfectly. Inverting the opened box results in static and then kinetic friction nearly canceling out the respectable weight of the present inside. It's hypnotic and satisfying to watch the present inside slowly slide out. It's also wrapped in a manner that makes me realize I have very little going for me in the way of dexterity or efficiency.

Under the wrapping, the box features some runes from some sort of incomprehensible dead language. So incomprehensible that they mess with my camera's focus. Crazy gibberish.

Cardinals are my favorite birdy. (?・ω・`)

Summarized, the card inside says "from one freezing hellhole to another!" Hyuh. "REAL CANADIAN GEAR FOR REAL CANADIAN WINTERS
YEAH WEAR ANIMALS ON YOUR HEAD"

Inside are a hat and scarf! The hat doesn't mess around either. It's heavily insulated yet really soft. Considering my current headgear is a worn 25 year old Bruins hat that has more salt in it than a 5 month old snowbank in April and my scarf looks like a fleece blanket that gave up, this is quite a sound improvement. Most of the time, winter here is very manageable but last year was a disaster for New England at large. Snowfall was nearly constant for 6 weeks and temps stayed well below freezing for weeks at a time. Proper protection from the elements and the ability to work from home helps so much.

Speaking of which, look what showed up while I was writing this. I'll have my first chance to test out the new gear this afternoon.

Also inside is some sugar! Three separate kinds of Lindor chocolate truffles and sea salt chocolates. Ones with a distinctly stereotypical Canadian motif but from England? Oh, marketing. Great for sharing with friends if I'm in the mood. GJ, Mousebutt!

TA-DAAAAAAA! 61 blood donations and counting! 
Best Mile: 5:30
Best 5k: 18:07
Best Marathon: 3:23:16

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
  • I suddenly feel like I ate a crowbar.
« Reply #481 on: December 29, 2015, 06:53:28 PM »
Spoiler:
Thanks Haku
The waybill inside had your name on it :V
Goddammit, the shop page didn't give me any sort of gift options

I feel satisfied that you weren't actually sure it was me, ya fuckin sly rabbit :V

Also I got a thing

Not opening this until I'm home and quiet in my bedroom, although it's beckoning me
« Last Edit: December 29, 2015, 07:07:33 PM by HakureiSM »
[20:45:19] Ciryano: come and behold why they call it the Panzerfaust
[20:45:39] Hakurei Reimu: ... because it shoots once and then you throw it out?
                                                                                   .

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #482 on: December 29, 2015, 07:52:34 PM »
Holy fuck. He got his package before 2015 ended.

Holy fuck.

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
« Reply #483 on: December 29, 2015, 07:57:36 PM »
Holy fuck. He got his package before 2015 ended.

Holy fuck.

I am truly astounded.

Also, the list of slackers grows shorter by the day!  Still a few people who have received their packages and haven't posted, though...

Santa Hakurei

• On the first day of Chrismas Yukari gapped to me
  • A red block with a big white P
« Reply #484 on: December 29, 2015, 08:32:57 PM »
I'll try and get the full list of remaining reports out later today, we only have one package not yet delivered and it's in the destination country so should be very soon!

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
« Reply #485 on: December 29, 2015, 08:59:28 PM »
gotta go fast
                                                                                   .

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #486 on: December 29, 2015, 09:20:44 PM »
Interesting haul, Sect! I can't tell you too much about most of those, but I am familiar with  Greg Bear. He wrote a short story in the Mirrorshades compilation that was essentially an SMT spinoff which I enjoyed greatly.

hungrybookworm

• Shipper On Board
« Reply #487 on: December 29, 2015, 10:09:01 PM »

Here we go, parcel time! This year's seems to be from... Iceland? Maybe I got sent a bag of ice...

Nope, the contents are much more exciting: A book, chocolate, a cute dolphin, and a postcard! And not just any old book either, it's the American edition of Murakami's Sputnik Sweetheart! This happens to be one of my favourites. If any of you forumites haven't read it yet, get off your backsides and get reading! It's pretty short, and contains ~the gay~.

Milk chocolate with toffee and sea salt... I'm drooling already. In fact I drooled so much I ate the lot without sharing it. Whoops!

There's something bittersweet about landscapes that no longer exist. Thanks for sharing! Caw caw!

Cat pauses reading his new Neil Gaiman book to investigate the new intruder. Thanks for the presents, Tengukami! (Is there any point in censoring your name? Probably not.)

I'm also glad
Spoiler:
NekoNekoRex liked his presents too. I used my psychic powers to deduct that you needed a cardboard box to prop up your moniter, so I picked a suitably sized box! Ok no, but I'm glad you enjoyed the story, and the food! Merry Christmas!

Drake

« Reply #488 on: December 29, 2015, 10:58:21 PM »

The dimensions of the shipping box match up with the present perfectly. Inverting the opened box results in static and then kinetic friction nearly canceling out the respectable weight of the present inside. It's hypnotic and satisfying to watch the present inside slowly slide out. It's also wrapped in a manner that makes me realize I have very little going for me in the way of dexterity or efficiency.
It was mostly a coincidence until I realize how well they fit lol. The wrapping paper itself filled in the little bit needed and it was amazing.

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

Vento

• Playtime is over!!!!
  • TRIGGER WARNING : #2handsome5casuls
« Reply #489 on: December 29, 2015, 11:26:49 PM »
EXTENSION PLZ TOO BUSY WITH COMIKET PREP TO TAKE PROPER PICTURES AND POST.....
Distasteful Tater Elites 1st division

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
« Reply #490 on: December 29, 2015, 11:28:10 PM »
ban
                                                                                   .

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #491 on: December 30, 2015, 02:10:09 AM »
Goddammit, the shop page didn't give me any sort of gift options

I feel satisfied that you weren't actually sure it was me, ya fuckin sly rabbit :V

Asking me about Monty Python shortened the list of possible senders considerably.

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
« Reply #492 on: December 30, 2015, 02:44:12 AM »
No idea how you associated me and Monthy Python but oh well :V

Alas, I'm finally home, so I finally opened the shit. It cost me 112 ahuebucks because my country hates its people and deserves to burn.

Practice safety when using box cutters, by the way. Anyways, let's see what's inside!
Pansy

Here's box:

My pocket knife is covering the address and such.

Oh hey are those

Yep, shushurokus! I already have the entire second set, so I guess it's duplicate gifts time this year again, but I have nothing of the third, and the price of these has gone up a lot now that they're apparently not made anymore, so let's see what's that!

It's Reimu and Player 2 Reimu!

I completely flipped shit thinking Reimu 2 was missing a hand, until I realized that that's how she is. Katawa Reimu <3

There's never enough Reimu

Final photo of my two weaboo overseas christmas gifts of this year, sent to me by awesome people! Thank you Merp for the car, and thanks my SS, I've no idea who you are since this was eBay ordered and there are no clues anywhere!

I'll post the yearly daikazoku picture later with my new novel, Tales of The Huehuehueheu Customs. M-m-m-m-major props to me SS for actually getting this fucking thing here before the year ended, and to anyone who still hasn't posted or received before me, #GETREKT
                                                                                   .

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #493 on: December 30, 2015, 05:37:39 AM »
I have been shown who is the boss. :(
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

DNAbc

• mafia is suffering
  • but I don't exactly hate that
« Reply #494 on: December 30, 2015, 06:33:52 AM »
Jesus Christ on my silvery banana plastic tangerines Haku you can't do that
>Link to my Steam Account: Add me! http://steamcommunity.com/id/9898981-02
--------------------------------------

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #495 on: December 30, 2015, 07:52:21 AM »
Clearly you need to put the Player 2 Reimu between the Player 1 Reimus and pretend it's like some Reimu dance party.

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #496 on: December 30, 2015, 08:58:16 AM »
I linked the latest reports to the first post. We have now 38 / 46 reports.

Forza was granted EXTEND!! for his Ket efforts. Meaning 7 people didn't post yet. Now that HakureiSM had received his package. The risk of getting banned is increased by 300%.

Jana, you're going to die a Yuukarin death.
Nobu, lost somewhere in a jungle (non existent)
pasu, TOO LATE FOR MERCY NOW.
Kanjou,  INKLINGS != CHRISTMAS REPORT.
Vento, NOW LATE FOR MERCY TOO.
Vyrien, LATE MERCY TOO NOW FOR.
YJ, Dude. Please.

N-Forza

• Information Superhighway Robbery
  • I said it was a steal, but not for whom
« Reply #497 on: December 30, 2015, 12:51:03 PM »
If you ban pasu, Vento, OR Vyrien, you will have to ban me too.

Edible

« Reply #498 on: December 30, 2015, 01:19:22 PM »
300% of 0 is still 0 :V

With that said, if folks is busy, droppin' a note hopefully wouldn't be too hard (as Forza did).  I think we've got about half of that list accounted for in some way regardless.

Spotty Len

• The Spottiest Len Around
  • Yuuka Master Race
« Reply #499 on: December 30, 2015, 01:20:26 PM »
D... Don't say scary things by tempting him, Forza.

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
« Reply #500 on: December 30, 2015, 01:24:33 PM »
Pasuventovyrien are dicking around in comiket too, so there's that
                                                                                   .

Tamashii Kanjou

• If you didn't quite already know...
  • I am the leader of TCF <3
    • TCF's Gaming Channel
« Reply #501 on: December 30, 2015, 06:38:29 PM »
I linked the latest reports to the first post. We have now 38 / 46 reports.
The risk of getting banned is increased by 300%.

Kanjou,  INKLINGS != CHRISTMAS REPORT.

Good news : The package finally landed in the UK!
Bad news : ... Of course you had to try and deliver it in the afternoon the second I get a 9am - 5pm work shift!

Which means it's sitting at the nearest branch. On one hand, I can hopefully pick it up tomorrow... on the other, I have a ridiculous amount of stuff to do from the morning, right through to the evening. As in, the second I leave the flat tomorrow morning, I won't be back there until the New Year. If I can get them posted before the year is out, that would be fantastic... but it all comes down to if I can actually pick the damn thing up~ ><

hungrybookworm

• Shipper On Board
« Reply #502 on: December 30, 2015, 07:58:58 PM »

I thought Christmas was over, but then I got this through the post today!

Is this from one of you guys? I can't think who else it could be who knows my address.

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #503 on: December 31, 2015, 04:06:42 PM »
And not just any old book either, it's the American edition of Murakami's Sputnik Sweetheart! This happens to be one of my favourites. If any of you forumites haven't read it yet, get off your backsides and get reading! It's pretty short, and contains ~the gay~.

I knew I was taking a gamble buying a book for a book lover, but I'm glad you were pleased. I was going to get you Yoko Ogawa's short story collection, The Diving Pool, but no copies were available here. Do look it up (if you haven't read it already!) because she's light years ahead of Murakami.

And yes, posting my name is fine. That's why I signed the card. I think just seeing the return address pretty much gives it away anyway!

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

Tamashii Kanjou

• If you didn't quite already know...
  • I am the leader of TCF <3
    • TCF's Gaming Channel
« Reply #504 on: December 31, 2015, 09:26:58 PM »
Okay then. Quick update for you all. The package has been received; obtained it at about 9:30am. I thought I'd be able to open it in the space of 10 minutes, take pictures, and post the report up later from where I was...

Then I opened the box...

And realised there was no way I was going to be able to do so in 10 minutes. So basically... I was forced to run away for the time being. (I had to be out by 10am) and won't be back until the evening (potentially) of tomorrow. But watch this space... Because oh boy, a report is coming!

(Also, to the Secret Santa in question... I am bloody determined, you utter genius!)

Nobu

• Serendipitous Youkai
  • i post while naked
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #505 on: December 31, 2015, 11:08:09 PM »
Alright let's get this show on the road! I got quite a hefty package this year, and upon opening the box I was greeted with a deluge of packages. Holy crap this is a lot of things!!

[attach=1]

And order matters? How fun~ :3 Anyway, I opened the first package and found...

[attach=2]

....towels! Hand and bath towels to be precise! First year idol group bath towel aaaaaah~~ *__* These are so nice how am I even supposed to even use these?! Maybe i'll just hang them on my wall. Next package!

[attach=3]

RULES OF NATUREEEEEEEEE indeed goes with everything, including this gift. Wow, that Senjougahara. Very fitting given my boyfriend has me pegged as the Senjougahara to his Araragi. We basically have the same sort of thing going on. Not familiar with the girl on this large tapestry all folded up thing but she has black thigh highs so *thumbs up*. And music is always amazing, especially of the Touhou variety! (if only y'all knew about my Satori.. ehehe.) On to #3!

[attach=4]

And in #3, a bunch of assorted little figures, bookmarks,  keychains, card sleeves! The Eli and Hanayo are totally adorable and these Nanoha sleeves are almost too good to use! The Love Live card with Honoka on the front is actually a set of nine stickers!! I LOVE STICKERS RAAAAAAAmoving on

[attach=5]

Package 4! A Miku clipboard, K-on! (!!!!) towel, some pretty damn spiffy Madoka x cute thing crossover keychain, and a.....

.......framed Shingetsutan Tsukihime picture. Dear lord.  :ohdear: this shouldn't exist why does it exist

[attach=6]

And the last package. This was the biggest of the bunch, and opening last it must be good. And this on the front meant it MUST be some damn spiffy Undertale merchandise, right? Please wait, girls are now opening...

[attach=7]

:getdown:  :getdown:  :getdown:

:*

:colonveeplusalpha:

[attach=8]

THANKS, SANTA REIMU!

Tumblr (sometimes NSFW) | PM for Facebook

hungrybookworm

• Shipper On Board
« Reply #506 on: December 31, 2015, 11:44:13 PM »
I knew I was taking a gamble buying a book for a book lover, but I'm glad you were pleased. I was going to get you Yoko Ogawa's short story collection, The Diving Pool, but no copies were available here. Do look it up (if you haven't read it already!) because she's light years ahead of Murakami.

And yes, posting my name is fine. That's why I signed the card. I think just seeing the return address pretty much gives it away anyway!
The big 'Iceland' sticker was a big hint, yeah lol. I'll keep an eye out for that book! Thanks for recommending it!

Hm, so you didn't send the parcel I posted above? Mysterious... I wonder who it's from then.

Edible

« Reply #507 on: January 01, 2016, 01:08:01 AM »
.......framed Shingetsutan Tsukihime picture. Dear lord.  :ohdear: this shouldn't exist why does it exist

NO ONE CAN ESCAPE

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #508 on: January 01, 2016, 01:41:02 AM »

Jana

• mrgrgr
« Reply #509 on: January 01, 2016, 03:12:18 AM »
OK it's New Year's Eve and I still haven't gotten the pictures I asked for so I took matters into my own hands! It's not anywhere near as exciting as the pictures of the opening process, given how many boxes were inside the package I got, but here are the gifts!

Here's everything laid out!

A cute doujin, CDs including 3 by Shibuyan who are great, Meiling strap, and Kaga, the fanciest boat.

Handmade(!) coasters! The note says they represent something, but I am a philistine who can't puzzle.

And a blurry-ish image of the note included:
Hello Jana,
Humans sure are interesting! They have strange and wonderful items, I found some and made some guesses as to what you might like >:3
Here's hoping you enjoy these gifts as much as I had fun putting it all together. Santa Hakurei and her helpers sure are accommodating and/or always looking for blood!
メリークリスマス!!

Honestly I was really overwhelmed by this! I'm not sure who this could have came from, only that they either know me well or did their homework... Or just have good taste!