Author Topic: Fate/PE Order: Nero's School Festival 2017  (Read 225414 times)

Zerviscos

• Infinite Bread Chewing Powers! Activate!
  • Om nom nom nom nom nom*
Re: Fate/Grand Order: Har har har mateys, we come shippin' t' see Okeanos ahoy!
« Reply #120 on: November 15, 2015, 03:56:25 AM »
https://www.reddit.com/r/grandorder/comments/3ss0gd/fgo_from_comptiq_magazine_dec_2015_information_of/
Speaking of London stage, it seems we'll get more unreleased servants aren't implemented yet but we had seen their sprites, all according to data mining. Hence London stage has gear icon and "knight" in it's Grand Order name, which means we'll see Nikola Tesla, Charles Babbage, Frankenstein's monster, Scathach, Henry Jekyll, Arjuna, Mordred, Arturia Alter Lancer, Brynhildr, Da Vinci, Paracelsus, Jack The Ripper, and Nursery Rhyme.
Chaore, looks like your waifu is coming to town. :V

Well, the speculations back then that Scathach was going to be released in 2016, around late Feb or early March? So I guess London will be out around those time. Considering the 3-4 months gap between chapter releases, the obviously upcoming Christmas and New Year events, and we might get a Chinese New Year Event(?). :derp:

Also, considering the hype for Scathach lately, I doubt she's a 4-star like speculated back then. Either she or Mordred will be the main 5-star.

Edit: I'm not saying that both of them will come out though, I'm saying like, one of them will come out as the main servants for the event gacha. 'Cause I doubt they'll release a lot of 5-stars and 4-stars in London, like Da Vinci, Arturia Alter Lancer, Frankenstein, etc.

Still, slightly sad for me though, still no Astolfo. I was hoping she(?)'ll come out with Jack, and Mordred, so I can hope for a 10-pull of all three. I guess I'll be forced to pull for Jack, Mordred, and/or Scathach. Hopefully if it is around that time, I'll have around 500 quartz by then.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2015, 04:01:54 AM by [En]glish Muffin »

Twitter | Steam | Battle.net[Zerviscos#1833]

Chaore

• Kai Ni Recipient Many Years Late
  • You Finally Did It, Kadokawa.
« Reply #121 on: November 15, 2015, 05:58:31 AM »
https://www.reddit.com/r/grandorder/comments/3ss0gd/fgo_from_comptiq_magazine_dec_2015_information_of/Chaore, looks like your waifu is coming to town. :V

Well, the speculations back then that Scathach was going to be released in 2016, around late Feb or early March? So I guess London will be out around those time. Considering the 3-4 months gap between chapter releases, the obviously upcoming Christmas and New Year events, and we might get a Chinese New Year Event(?). :derp:

Also, considering the hype for Scathach lately, I doubt she's a 4-star like speculated back then. Either she or Mordred will be the main 5-star.

There's a lot of unclear/speculation in that post tbh- whoever did it was really bad about mixing that with 'translation'.

I'd be pretty happy given I spent a good deal on Anne and Mary if she -is- London release, but I'm somewhat uncertain. I'd be unsurprised if her rarity was changed like Drake's, but i'm not sure about that.

I'd be ecstatic though. Celtic rep hype for once. And then cry because I'm -never- getting her.

notverycreative

• The coldest chill,
  • in the emptiness of reason.
« Reply #122 on: November 16, 2015, 02:58:26 PM »
So, uh...what's the gameplay like? This looks pretty interesting.
I need an option, a reason, and some hope.

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #123 on: November 17, 2015, 06:39:33 AM »

Also, considering the hype for Scathach lately, I doubt she's a 4-star like speculated back then. Either she or Mordred will be the main 5-sta

Leak got debunked the moment Francis Drake was released as 5*

元素召唤 || pad & msl news translator robit
twitter xx motk resident whale

Zerviscos

« Reply #124 on: November 17, 2015, 01:04:31 PM »
So, uh...what's the gameplay like? This looks pretty interesting.
It's just simple turn-based battles. Just check out videos.

https://www.reddit.com/r/grandorder/comments/3t5425/fgo_maint_on_1118_from_14001600_jst/
Updates
  • New Daily Quests
  • New items to Da Vinci's shop
  • Summoning Tickets and Crystal Lore now have a time limit in the shop
  • Event text will be removed from event CEs (increases drop rate for x, etc)
  • End of Okeanos gacha special
  • New gacha campaign

notverycreative

• The coldest chill,
  • in the emptiness of reason.
« Reply #125 on: November 17, 2015, 08:26:53 PM »
I checked it out and it didn't really appeal to me. Ah, well. I've got other mobage to play, anyway.
I need an option, a reason, and some hope.

Zerviscos

« Reply #126 on: November 18, 2015, 07:41:30 AM »
Okay the Talon drops in the 40AP new quest are the real deal, first battle, and it gave me a talon...but in exchange, it's ridiculously hard for mid-leveled servants. You need a full AOE team that can dish out in rounds 2 and 3.

Edit: Also 280k HP Lancelot, plus 50k HP Caligula(?).
Round 2 was hard enough...
« Last Edit: November 18, 2015, 07:50:53 AM by [En]glish Muffin »

Mr Jovial

• Commander of the Whale Legion
  • ~Having a whale of a time~
« Reply #127 on: November 18, 2015, 05:33:21 PM »
Oh ok.

Looked at the gacha and saw Zhuge Liang and Lancelot so I decided to roll a bit. Had 5 tickets and on the last one I pulled a Vlad, didn't even get into my 80 quartz for something good. Thanks game  :V

Zerviscos

« Reply #128 on: November 24, 2015, 11:23:09 AM »
http://typemoon.com/news/2015/xdmqoc

NEW EVENT TOMORROW. AND IT LOOKS LIKE NOBUNAGA'S THE EVENT SERVANT THIS TIME. :getdown:

I'm pretty psyche'd, I actually wanted Nobunaga more than Sakura Saber. However it's tempting me to roll for her, because she has a seibaface, and we all know that's why she's a 5-star. Still, I must resist rolling for Mordred, and Scathach. I might just use tickets to try for her, or GARcher. But I really needed an Archer, I've been using Euryale all this time, because my Robin Hood isn't maxed. Hopefully Nobunaga's good.

And this is before Christmas. I'm hoping they throw a good event. Oh, pages and talons in the exchange shop. I can finally max ascend Vlad.

Edit: Sakura Saber will be only available during the event's gacha. She will not be available after it, like Kintoki and Gilgamesh.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2015, 11:46:11 AM by [En]glish Muffin »

yuyukos

• ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give Techies
  • ༼ つ ◕◡◕ ༽つ Techies were given.
« Reply #129 on: November 24, 2015, 01:46:15 PM »
My tickets are ready for Seiba face!
TF2Items | TF2B | Steam | Twitter
3DS FC - 2165-6416-7852

Patorikku

• Weird country-bumpkin city-boy hybrid
  • (ง ?̀_?́)ง
« Reply #130 on: November 24, 2015, 05:15:32 PM »
And this is before Christmas. I'm hoping they throw a good event. Oh, pages and talons in the exchange shop. I can finally max ascend Vlad.
No gears, huh? Welp, yet another event, and yet another lack of gears. Why did no one warn me that the path to ascending EMIYA would be ascension hell? ;-;

Well, at least I can still advance all my other husbandos! :V  Including newly obtained Siegmund!

Oh look, I got an image in my signature. Finally.
Click here for Tumblr nonsense.

Chaore

« Reply #131 on: November 24, 2015, 05:23:21 PM »
Oh my god free Nobunaga is all I ever wanted.

This is the best thanksgiving gift.

It's a bit sad she's 4* given she'd really want the 5* to make up for the fact her skills are probably going to be -insanely- specific due to who she is (she's basically specialized to beat anyone with divinity upside the head), but man if it's free I am down.

Not sure if I'll roll for Saku Saber. She's honestly my favorite Saber, but I only have 30 rolls and I'm tempted to save them.

edit: @patorikku: We actually have gears, the op just didn't notice them until later.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2015, 06:10:21 PM by Chaore »

Patorikku

• Weird country-bumpkin city-boy hybrid
  • (ง ?̀_?́)ง
« Reply #132 on: November 24, 2015, 07:03:29 PM »
I just saw that, and I am so happy! At long last, I will see this hell undone!

Also apparently, the Honnoji points (the flame items) unlock item tiers similar to unlocking missions in the dango event. Don't think this applied to the other event items.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2015, 07:08:34 PM by Patorikku »

Oh look, I got an image in my signature. Finally.
Click here for Tumblr nonsense.

Chaore

« Reply #133 on: November 24, 2015, 07:31:20 PM »
I just saw that, and I am so happy! At long last, I will see this hell undone!

Also apparently, the Honnoji points (the flame items) unlock item tiers similar to unlocking missions in the dango event. Don't think this applied to the other event items.

Other event items are normal, Honnoji points indeed do seem to have tiering on them.

And are a once a day shindig. I have Medusa, Culancer, and Meph to use for points, but I'm worried how that'll be...

qMyon

• Chill - just chill
  • Keepin' it vanilla smooth
« Reply #134 on: November 25, 2015, 08:03:29 AM »
Free servant? I like.

Surprising thing for a free servant - based on the stats in the poster, Nobunaga actually outstats EMIYA. I wonder if the price she pays for that is skills that debuff her own stats. Or has Delightworks decided to get generous?

Zerviscos

« Reply #135 on: November 25, 2015, 11:52:07 AM »
Rolled 10 Tix. And as usual, tix is so worthless in getting even just a 4-star Servant. And what's so DW-like was, I got all non-event cards(except that 3-star CE), as in literally, what? I even got Proto Cu, when Cu FSN was the rate-up. OH DW. :derp:

I still have 300 Quartz though, but I don't want to roll for the Gacha until I get Astolfo/Mordred/Scatach. If I can control myself from rolling waifu-tier servants like Tamamo. I can definitely prevent myself from rolling a seibaface. Good thing Nobunaga's the one that's free, I would've probably rolled for rage just to get her. :V

yuyukos

« Reply #136 on: November 25, 2015, 12:16:52 PM »
My 10 tickets:
5* Rider Event CE
Kaleidoscope
5* Tokiomi CE

and multiple Mephistopheles and Black Keys, yorokobe. :V
3DS FC - 2165-6416-7852

Zerviscos

« Reply #137 on: November 25, 2015, 12:36:12 PM »
My 10 tickets:
5* Rider Event CE
Kaleidoscope
5* Tokiomi CE

and multiple Mephistopheles and Black Keys, yorokobe. :V
Atleast you got Kaleido and Poster Grill. All I got was trash, not even a 5-star CE.  :V

I'll admit though, SakuSeiba's sprite stance, and outfits look really good.

BTW. NOTE TO ALL: The first Nobunaga you get from the first Quest is time-limited. She is not the permanent servant we're supposed to get. So DO NOT try to level her up, unless you want a laugh. The permanent Nobunaga we need can be exchanged 100,000 Honnoji Points.

You should notice this when you saw a floating kanji text on top of her during party confirmation, and text box when trying to level the quest-only Nobunaga.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2015, 01:03:40 PM by [En]glish Muffin »

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #138 on: November 25, 2015, 01:18:43 PM »
BTW. NOTE TO ALL: The first Nobunaga you get from the first Quest is time-limited. She is not the permanent servant we're supposed to get. So DO NOT try to level her up, unless you want a laugh. The permanent Nobunaga we need can be exchanged 100,000 Honnoji Points.

Honnoji Points are milestones you get the rewards automatically after reach the point total or exceed it.

Zerviscos

« Reply #139 on: November 25, 2015, 01:25:52 PM »
Honnoji Points are milestones you get the rewards automatically after reach the point total or exceed it.
OIC. No wonder they aren't on the top. :v

Chaore

« Reply #140 on: November 25, 2015, 05:01:43 PM »
Surprising thing for a free servant - based on the stats in the poster, Nobunaga actually outstats EMIYA. I wonder if the price she pays for that is skills that debuff her own stats. Or has Delightworks decided to get generous?

Her skills are a lot less impressive than Emiya's kit, basically.

I went overboard.

Kaleidoscope, Lancelot, another limited/over and a lot of wasted rolls tbh. Saku Saber's animations were too good ;;

edit: someone stop my sinful hand, saku saber was stronger than expected
« Last Edit: November 25, 2015, 05:38:16 PM by Chaore »

qMyon

• Chill - just chill
« Reply #141 on: November 25, 2015, 11:59:50 PM »
I wake up in the morning to find that with maintenance quartz, I have enough for 2 10-rolls. 1st 10-roll was nothing special, only 1 4-star CE.

An hour later, I could not resist another 10-roll - and the gacha exploded with stuff I didn't have, notably an Imaginary Around, the new "beer" CE, St Martha and the crown -

[attach=1]

I nearly squee'd out loud on the train.

Chaore

« Reply #142 on: November 26, 2015, 03:22:16 AM »
Imaginary around and Sakura Saber is a hell of a jackpot, congrats!

Meanwhile, I just remembered I have victor from the moon, and just got Lancelot...

I can work with this.

(still wish i rolled saku saber tho ;; )

Zerviscos

« Reply #143 on: November 26, 2015, 05:46:47 AM »
I wake up in the morning to find that with maintenance quartz, I have enough for 2 10-rolls. 1st 10-roll was nothing special, only 1 4-star CE.

An hour later, I could not resist another 10-roll - and the gacha exploded with stuff I didn't have, notably an Imaginary Around, the new "beer" CE, St Martha and the crown -

[attach=1]

I nearly squee'd out loud on the train.
You're very lucky.

I actually am being tempted to roll. Not because she's a waifu-hype train, but because when I used Quest Okita, her sprite animation was so f-ing cool. Her Quick, and Art cards make her look like an Assassin servant instead. Heck, she moves and looks more in her final ascension like an Assassin servant than the other actual Assassin servants.

I got a ticket from the quest, and when I rolled one time, a Saber card appeared...only to be Gilles'd.

I'm still being tempted, but when I am, I keep going back to the reddit rolls thread, and look at posts that had people roll 60+ times, and didn't get her, to stop myself. :V
Kaleidoscope, Lancelot, another limited/over and a lot of wasted rolls tbh. Saku Saber's animations were too good ;;
I KNOW. You should've did what I did. And damn, I still got a week more to resist the temptations.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2015, 05:48:52 AM by [En]glish Muffin »

Chaore

« Reply #144 on: November 26, 2015, 06:04:51 AM »
I KNOW. You should've did what I did. And damn, I still got a week more to resist the temptations.

;; I'm still tempted to take more shots, but I should call it here. The good stuff kinda petered out at the end.

I'm also prolly not gonna get another 10 roll by the end of this too.

...why they gotta make her limited time, she's not -that- good. ;;

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #145 on: November 26, 2015, 09:42:37 AM »
as usual I rolled FUCKING GARBAGE

did i mention how much I fucking hate this game's gacha?

sigh. at least I got Cu Lancer.

EDIT: dumped all my remaining quartz and got Heaven's Feel with 2 more junk CE

mood salvaged slightly

EDIT 2: i discovered the CE exp fodder Okita and Nobbu cards can drop
« Last Edit: November 26, 2015, 10:51:37 AM by trancehime »

Zerviscos

« Reply #146 on: November 26, 2015, 03:28:06 PM »
as usual I rolled FUCKING GARBAGE

sigh. at least I got Cu Lancer.

EDIT: dumped all my remaining quartz and got Heaven's Feel with 2 more junk CE

mood salvaged slightly

EDIT 2: i discovered the CE exp fodder Okita and Nobbu cards can drop
OH BOI. I FEEL YOU. I CANNOT BELIEVE IT.
Okita's sprite animations was enough to push me. Once I saw my friends list's Okita, used it, it flipped my "Oh you better get her" switch.

I used EVERY QUARTZ, not only did I not get her, but to add salt to injury, I did not even get a single Gold Servant AT ALL, and got multiple non-event Gold CEs. Only, I repeat, ONLY noteworthy CE was Imaginary Around.

I was so pissed, that the only way I managed to cool myself down was to buy a new GPU(mine's like 3 years old) to play B&S next year.

My only saving grace for this game was thinking Astolfo, Mordred, and Scatach wasn't time-limited.

We all do. The fact the Quartz price in ratio to the probability to get a gold servant, is so expensive, doesn't justify even buying it, unless YOU CAN spend money effortlessly. I can, but with the game's gacha, and people's stories I've read they spent 1000USD to get Gilgamesh, and/or Tamamo, I don't even try. You can effing buy so many tangible things with that money spent. Getting guaranteed 4+-Star card in 10-rolls, doesn't help either, if all you get are CEs. It's cheaper to buy a lucky account with good servants.

From what I read, the gacha's algorithm is so weird compared to other mobages(I don't know, it's probably just horrible rates). When you roll, you need to pass three walls before you get to that certain card.
  • The first is, you need to go through the rarity pool rate from 1-Star to 3-Star(in FP Gacha), and from 3-Star to 5-Star(in SQ Gacha). I don't know the exact rates, but obviously the rates go lower with each rarity higher.
  • The second is, you need to go through the appearance rate, of between the Servant or the CE. No idea as well what the rates are, but from what we've experienced so far(and a raging Rin seiyuu), the CE rates are higher, and from the Okeanos update, the appearance rate was adjusted, for 3-Star CEs was toned down from 60% to 40% and 3-Star Servants from 20% to 40%(IIRC, and how ridiculously far are they apart...).
  • The last is, you need to go through the rates of the Servant/CE in that rarity pool. So basically, if there's no up-rate, all 5-Star Servants are equally 1%, and IIRC, CE has no up-rate, so they're all equal, even if there are event CEs.

So TL;DR. Even if there's an up-rate of a certain 4-star or 5-star servant, you need to get through the rarity pool first(or probably second), randomly choose between Servant or CE, then randomly choose a card from all in that Servant or CE's rarity pool.

WHICH IS SO WEIRD, because from my basic understanding, that seems harder to code the Gacha instead of the usual algorithm, which is at most two walls(if there are things like CEs in the same gacha. But with most mobage, they're separated in another gacha, eg. equipment), making the up-rate as a whole to that card entirely amongst all the cards, not to the card in the rarity pool only. There's no rarity pool to go through, and the only thing you need to go through is to choose between the two card types, and the choose amongst the entire rarity pool. (Eg. A 5-Star up-rate by 5%, every other cards at normal rates, you have an increased chance to get the card amongst all the cards from rarity 1 to 5.)

The only advantage with DW's Gacha system is that, if you SOMEHOW, MIRACULOUSLY managed to get through the 4-star/5-star pool, you're guaranteed to get a card with the same rarity. It just needs to choose among that certain rarity pool. Though, of course, that's hard to achieve from several experience, unless they're CEs. It doesn't also help with the ratio of Gold CEs to Servants are so far apart, because of how many CEs released per event, around 3-4.

TL;DR. Unless they either separate CEs from Servants in two gachas, which is the most plausible solution, or increased servant rates. I ain't spendin' a dime on the game(which I hope they fix, seriously, not even IAPs get some advantage). I can only imagine people having E-minus Luck, using only 3-stars to get to higher-tier endgames.

Sigh, and here I am still having 7 Gold Servants, 2 I got from codes, and 2 I got from events. Only 3 Gold Servants I actually got from the Gacha after probably near 1000 quartz since the release of the game, and only Vlad is the most noteworthy. I guess I could still call myself lucky, I know some peepz having no gold at all.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2015, 03:39:29 PM by [En]glish Muffin »

qMyon

• Chill - just chill
« Reply #147 on: November 26, 2015, 10:51:55 PM »
I suspect that the gacha rates are time-seeded somehow, due to my observation that rolling tends to be streakish. When I roll in rapid succession on alts, I tend to get similar results, bad or good. And if I roll at times of the day I don't normally do, I tend to get different stuff.

Alexander is a case in point for me. Maxed out his NP early on from 10-rolls, rolling at about the same time due to work. Tried changing times around, and haven't seen him much since.

Possible or just confirmation bias talking? You decide.

yuyukos

« Reply #148 on: November 26, 2015, 11:33:45 PM »
Colloquially, I'll agree. Rolling in batches tends to hit in spurts or miss in spurts for me as well.
3DS FC - 2165-6416-7852

Chaore

« Reply #149 on: November 27, 2015, 01:48:46 AM »
I usually see 'first rolls are good, you tend to regret continuing'.

Honestly though, confirmation bias is mostly likely. :v

Edit: also, man, honnojji points are some bullshit without an emiya or Sakusaber. I'm hoping things get better as time goes on, but I'm not sure I'll make it to 1 mil now.