Author Topic: [GG, Bard loses] Free! Mafia  (Read 44258 times)

DNAbc

• mafia is suffering
  • but I don't exactly hate that
Re: [Day 1] Free! Mafia
« Reply #60 on: August 12, 2015, 01:24:29 AM »
To address the dilemma that electing either of me or Kilga may result in scum being in control of the wagons, Rei Ryugazaki would lIke to note conqs strategy only worked out last game and seized him the win due to a plethora of role related reasons, which cannot be realistically replicated here, namely;

1. Day one cop fakeclaim gambit enabled due to mod

2. Serela was unnecessarily and ridiculously trying to abuse a useless role, covering up the tracks for conq

3. Dorian had lacklustre play, and the fakeclaim shenanigans due to mod apparently was enough to cause him selfhammer, wasting another day

4. Existence of Governor and apathetic scum rendered bussing analysis moot due to layers of potential reverse psychology material

5. Playerbase apathy due to absurdly long thread about roleshit with hollow content

Rei Ryugazaki is very certain that, under normal, balanced circumstances, it is impossible that conq wouldve won, even though his play was impressive. Last game was a unique example because most of conqs interaction was overlooked due to player apathy and his votes make sense even as scum because they are indeed well grounded in reality. Serela did look terribly scummy, and the playerbase was indeed tired, hammering him is a blessing for all of us. Dorian did give up on the game and even selfhammered. And our Doctor trusted the scum so much she wasn't saving anyone else. At that point on, the win was pretty much sealed. There was too little input of fresh insights and a rereading was nearly impossible, and thusly town wouldn't be likely to change its initial perspective and suspect conq. Its the kind of game that even if I get to play it again, I would still hammer Dan and give conq the win, because I find his play and dedication worthy of such merit. But its normally just impossible unless town is planning another collaborative screwup.

Less depressing analysis aside! Rei Ryugazaki wants you to vote him because he has a few principles he wants to upkeep if he gets elected as Team Captain. So that we can maintain a healthy swimming environment that is friendly to dedicated swimmers and unwelcome to those who wield treachery by their side. If you agree with the following principles and want someone to do them for you, vote for me for I will be faithfully exercising them!

1. No Lurking, Rei Ryugazaki shall prod and announce the name of swimmers who has more than 24 hours of absence, preventing mafia tratiors from attempting to avoid the heat of the sun and drawing attention to their unruly playstyle

2. No spamming, Rei Ryugazaki admires only the beautiful will of swimming and non-swimming related discussions will be singled out. This is to ensure a healthy lategame that traitors could be reliably identified

3. Minimal roleshens. This is a bard game, and as with all bard games, we know they are more balanced and less experimental than nnr games. Thus excessive (definition may vary, but most common indicator is when people starts to go in circles) roleshens will be reminded to stop and focus back on pure swimming practices.

Obviously, while this power is only arbitrary, and I am already performing such duties, being elected as TC shall further motivate me and reinvigorate my desire to help out and offer advice at my fullest, I therefore ask of you to vote Rei Ryugazaki, champion of butterfly stroke, logical thinking and wearing others swimming trunks.
>Link to my Steam Account: Add me! http://steamcommunity.com/id/9898981-02
--------------------------------------

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #61 on: August 12, 2015, 01:38:13 AM »
and wearing others swimming trunks.
w-wait you almost had me there but uh
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

« Reply #62 on: August 12, 2015, 01:53:01 AM »
1. No Lurking, Rei Ryugazaki shall prod and announce the name of swimmers who has more than 24 hours of absence, preventing mafia tratiors from attempting to avoid the heat of the sun and drawing attention to their unruly playstyle
What's the gameplan when/if it turns out Action Dan is lying about his role? I don't know how you guys handle things like that here.

Also everyone is okay with Raitaki Fluff posting?

DNAbc

• mafia is suffering
« Reply #63 on: August 12, 2015, 01:57:54 AM »
Rei Ryugazaki feels Raitaki has very reasonable points raised and is a shining beacon of towness.

also, Rei doubts Dan not speaking to be due to a PR but is instead of his usual playstyle.

CF7

• Can you feel the LOVE tonight?
« Reply #64 on: August 12, 2015, 09:38:21 AM »
Honestly, reading Rei's posts is a lot like reading a legal document. You know what it is about in general, but you have to read it extra carefully in case there's a fine print that says "screw you".

Raitaki raises a valid point, but we still have no idea what Team Captain does, so impact on the game is likely to be minimal, as Bard said that it's not a power role.

And leaving my vote where it is.
Sometimes rumors are just... rumors

Bardiche

• Mafia: Worst Game Ever
« Reply #65 on: August 12, 2015, 10:26:59 AM »
VOTE COUNT

CF7 (0): CF7
Rei Ryugazaki (3): Rei Ryugazaki, Shalako, ActionDan, Patorikku
Kilga (3): Kilga, Serela, CF7
Serela (1): ActionDan
Raitaki (1): Raitaki

With 8 votes in play, it takes 5 to elect a team captain! 2 Days and 2 Hours remain to make a decision. If the Day ends without a hammer, highest amount of votes wins by default.

Raitaki

• 雷滝
« Reply #66 on: August 12, 2015, 04:00:56 PM »
wait what

I can get behind Rei's promised policies, and I don't think his reputation has entered MoTK top tier territory yet.
##Unvote
##Vote: Rei Ryugazaki

@CF7: I'm mostly concerned about the impact of the Team Captain's on the players' thinking and behaviour, not what the slot can do mechanically. Even if the title is just customary and doesn't really do anything there's still this mindset of "we elected this person to be our 'leader' of sorts" floating around.

Kilga's scumread on DNA seems...a little bit overblown? I think exchanges that go like "well I'm not scum since I'm drawing attention to myself" "nuh uh reverse psychology" are pretty customary and common, so I'm having trouble seeing why Kilga thinks that's a terrible response and marks DNA as scum.

And unless Shalako was talking about my RP posts last game, calling me fluff posting when I'm seriously trying to explain my line of thinking in basically RVS is uuuuuuh.
[08:23 pm]  Aristocrat -- Raitaki on a scale of 1 to 10 your current mafia game play is annoying as fuck
[08:25 pm]  Aristocrat -- Raitaki, if both of us ended up as mafia
[08:25 pm]  Aristocrat -- I would be so angry
[08:25 pm]  Aristocrat -- that I will snap and give into my rage

Raitaki

• 雷滝
« Reply #67 on: August 12, 2015, 04:02:52 PM »
do the impossible, see the invisible and fight the powah
.-. ##Unvote
[08:23 pm]  Aristocrat -- Raitaki on a scale of 1 to 10 your current mafia game play is annoying as fuck

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #68 on: August 12, 2015, 04:32:29 PM »
wait what
Italic'd votes mean they've unvoted since then, some mods do this, esp. on d1

It used to be in most games I think but maybe people got lazy? :V Anyway I have to head out for a few hours
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Bardiche

« Reply #69 on: August 12, 2015, 09:24:32 PM »
VOTE COUNT

Rei Ryugazaki (3): Rei Ryugazaki, Shalako, ActionDan, Patorikku, Raitaki
Kilga (3): Kilga, Serela, CF7
Serela (1): ActionDan
Raitaki (0): Raitaki

Undecided (1): Raitaki

With 8 votes in play, it takes 5 to elect a team captain! 1 Day and 15 Hours remain to make a decision. If the Day ends without a hammer, highest amount of votes wins by default.

Raitaki

• 雷滝
« Reply #70 on: August 12, 2015, 10:01:35 PM »
errr whoops.
##Vote: Rei Ryugazaki

Bardiche

« Reply #71 on: August 12, 2015, 10:12:53 PM »
Friendly mod note: Rei Ryugazaki is at L-1. Or TC-1, in this case.

« Reply #72 on: August 12, 2015, 10:16:57 PM »
Rei Ryugazaki feels Raitaki has very reasonable points raised and is a shining beacon of towness.
Really, I looked over what he's talked about so far and compared/contrasted it to the last game I played with him where he was actively engaged with people instead of just talking Game Theory.  It's just a gut feeling at this point with no substance behind it I was trying to narrow down, further research required.
I'm mostly concerned about the impact of the Team Captain's on the players' thinking and behaviour, not what the slot can do mechanically. Even if the title is just customary and doesn't really do anything there's still this mindset of "we elected this person to be our 'leader' of sorts" floating around.
How does things like this help us catch scum?

Raitaki raises a valid point
Please expand upon this point.

Kilga's scumread on DNA seems...a little bit overblown? I think exchanges that go like "well I'm not scum since I'm drawing attention to myself" "nuh uh reverse psychology" are pretty customary and common, so I'm having trouble seeing why Kilga thinks that's a terrible response and marks DNA as scum.
How do you feel about Kilga re DNA is scummy for posting a lot?
Do you feel I was chainsaw defending DNA or using that as an Excuse to question people and kickstart the game?
And unless Shalako was talking about my RP posts last game, calling me fluff posting when I'm seriously trying to explain my line of thinking in basically RVS is uuuuuuh.
No, even when you were role playing last game you were much more involved instead of just posting stuff that has nothing of importance

##Unvote I want a Clear Cut statesmen from Dan before ending the day please.

« Reply #73 on: August 12, 2015, 10:21:05 PM »
How does things like this help us catch scum?
Rhetorical question directed at Rei to be clear.

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #74 on: August 12, 2015, 10:26:43 PM »

wat

What is this "reverse psychology" chicanery I have no idea where it came from (unless it is in reference to the very generic gameplay-level reverse psychology in that scum will always attempt to look town because it is to their benefit???? idk)

See, the thing is that DNA said "I would not want to do X when scum" when X is a thing that is neither difficult nor dangerous for scum to do. It is thus an invalid response presented as a serious rebuttal to a semi-serious point. A townie could do much better than that, somewhat in the sense that there are more valid rebuttals (or at least less invalid ones) but more in the sense that I think a townie was less likely to have responded seriously to begin with.

How is someone posting a lot a reason to vote someone if they always post a lot.
Makes no sense to vote someone for something they ALWAYS do regardless of alignment

idk if the first question is directed at me since it doesn't really apply to me (but could be a gross misrepresentation of what I've been saying), but for the second thing, someone that plays in a scummy fashion is always worth voting no matter how often they do it. "Player meta" doesn't excuse scummy behaviour.

Fake Edit: I guess that first question is directed at me, then? Then hey there you go that's not something I've accused DNA of. (Not that posting a lot has endeared him - or anyone else that participated in yesterday's mini-spamfest - to me.)
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

« Reply #75 on: August 12, 2015, 10:30:34 PM »
DNA is probscum, too many words on ED1 for town, kill it with water
Gross Misrepresentation my butt.

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #76 on: August 12, 2015, 10:52:19 PM »
Yes, clearly posting once is "too much".

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #77 on: August 12, 2015, 10:55:12 PM »
I think the issue here is that Shalako doesn't realize something said on page 1 should be taken fairly non-seriously :V

« Reply #78 on: August 12, 2015, 11:09:34 PM »
I think the issue here is that Shalako doesn't realize something said on page 1 should be taken fairly non-seriously :V
He is serious about it since it's rolled over into more attacking Rei for things they'd say as town.
Every point he has against Rei is something Rei does as town and his response to that is to ignore this and say you just should lynch him anyways without bothering to learn how to read him.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #79 on: August 12, 2015, 11:13:31 PM »
Yeah his other points are like the first scum case I've seen against anyone all day apart from your responses to them. And they aren't that terrible? Namely this reason

See, the thing is that DNA said "I would not want to do X when scum" when X is a thing that is neither difficult nor dangerous for scum to do. It is thus an invalid response presented as a serious rebuttal to a semi-serious point. A townie could do much better than that, somewhat in the sense that there are more valid rebuttals (or at least less invalid ones) but more in the sense that I think a townie was less likely to have responded seriously to begin with.

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #80 on: August 12, 2015, 11:14:14 PM »
tbh I thought that line about posting too much was in reference to this (because Shalako posting a lot is not the reason I suspect them but I can see how someone could twist my words in that post to make it look like that was my meaning)

I legit don't know how anyone could accuse me of going after DNA for "posting too much" when he had exactly one of the grand total of two game posts at the time I made that accusation

« Reply #81 on: August 12, 2015, 11:29:41 PM »
And they aren't that terrible? Namely this reason
That's a terrible reason, he's Boxed Rei into a Loss-Loss Situation.
It's clearly WIFOM if Scum Rei would parade  himself  infront of the town. It's clearly possible Town Rei thinks that It wouldn't do be worth the risk for him if he was scum. Rei is also the type who would state this.
You really expect Rei to NOT respond seriously to a query to them?
He responded seriously to me posting a Comic as my explanation for gods sake.

I legit don't know how anyone could accuse me of going after DNA for "posting too much" when he had exactly one of the grand total of two game posts at the time I made that accusation
DNA is probscum, too many words on ED1 for town, kill it with water
"Posting too much" as in He is posting too much words.

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #82 on: August 12, 2015, 11:48:33 PM »
>_____> Then why didn't you actually say that? Surely you would look at "posts too much" and go "wait lemme rephrase that" if you truly meant "uses too many words" and not "posts too much"?

I don't even know how to respond to the rest of that, it's all based on player meta and I've already stated my position on that. I also don't know exactly where DNA "responded seriously to {Shalako} posting a Comic as {an} explanation" because comics were only posted twice and DNA didn't appear to address the comic (or the apparent point of posting the comic) either time.

Raitaki

• 雷滝
« Reply #83 on: August 12, 2015, 11:52:38 PM »
@Shalako: You're...right, actually. Right now I haven't seen anything discriminating, and I wasn't really sure on how to get people to talk more about things other than the team captain election without blatantly trying to distract people from that, which happens to the focus of the D1 vote.
About Kilga's scumread on DNA, it's not strong enough an abnormality to be a scumread even for ED1, but it'd serve well as a yardstick to measure Kilga's future opinions.
I feel that your defending of DNA, while not necessary, is based on basic logic and is a fairly natural reaction to the situation, so it's null. You did it even before Kilga called you out, so it's not chainsaw defending.

@Kilga: Well, I've seen the "I did this but scum wouldn't do this" "nah they totally can" discussion unfold so many times that I can't really see it as an indication of anything. Town says it, scum says it, everyone does.
On top of that, I feel like your expectation of DNA's response to be too disproportionate to the severity of the accusation. I mean, calling out someone for posting a lot of words ED1, especially when RP and personal taste purposes were likely to be part of the motive, and expecting a strong, proper rebuttal is just plain unreasonable. I mean they could have answered something honest and realistic like "well I felt like posting in fancy roleplay style"; would you have called them out anyway if they had given that answer? Basically a loss-loss situation for DNA, unless he intentionally invents some sophisticated reason for fancily posting a lot of words.

« Reply #84 on: August 12, 2015, 11:56:59 PM »
You shouldn't care about any of it if you truly think me and DNA are scum together.
I mean I quoted your post about 3 times you could have figured it out by now pretty simply instead of acting like it's a miscommunication to distract from critiques of your absurd attack on Rei.

@Raitaki, Okay thanks I buy this

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #85 on: August 13, 2015, 12:13:10 AM »
On top of that, I feel like your expectation of DNA's response to be too disproportionate to the severity of the accusation. I mean, calling out someone for posting a lot of words ED1, especially when RP and personal taste purposes were likely to be part of the motive, and expecting a strong, proper rebuttal is just plain unreasonable. I mean they could have answered something honest and realistic like "well I felt like posting in fancy roleplay style"; would you have called them out anyway if they had given that answer?

That response would have made me care a lot less about him tbh, see bolded below

Shalako: I care because exposing that you are simply inventing things in response to my posts is more likely to get people to agree with me that you're scum, so.

Example: I notice that response is not actually pointing out where the thing you said happened actually happened!

Raitaki

• 雷滝
« Reply #86 on: August 13, 2015, 12:24:51 AM »
Oh, I see. I guess I glossed over that particular part. I still don't agree, but I can see where you're coming from.

« Reply #87 on: August 13, 2015, 12:33:52 AM »
Shalako: I care because exposing that you are simply inventing things in response to my posts is more likely to get people to agree with me that you're scum, so.
Yea, that's my point, I was giving you rope to hang yourself.
You don't care about how poor your attack on Rei is.
You don't care that the things you attack Rei for he does as Town.
You care about grasping at  straws to justify a Rei/Shalako Scum team after declaring Rei Scum off of his 1st post for poor reasons and digging into more nonsense to justify it.
If you did care about me not Linking to Rei you'd have read the thread and found the post he has after it where he refers to me and Celery stepping out of the race.
Or further more you'd have even dug and found that post not to your liking.
Instead you don't bother and go for the throat attacks.

« Reply #88 on: August 13, 2015, 12:36:00 AM »
In simpler terms it attacking Rei for responding to a query is garbage.

DNAbc

• mafia is suffering
« Reply #89 on: August 13, 2015, 01:04:25 AM »
Work, post later