Author Topic: [GG, Bard loses] Free! Mafia  (Read 44257 times)

DNAbc

• mafia is suffering
  • but I don't exactly hate that
Re: [Day 3] Free! Mafia
« Reply #300 on: August 23, 2015, 05:52:01 PM »
I look at the Shalako wall and I sigh very deeply.

You hold my attack on you for lack of content other than questioning because you are apparently very busy during weekends as scummy, when this is not a point that only I have brought up. This is an observation made ans generally agreed on by the rest of the playerbase, including Kilga whom you worship and love. There is a clear lack of mutual exclusivity in your logic.

In fact, being busy is an argument I was also employing and I am curious as to how vile and unsympathetic you are to my plight. Considering your D2 was even more lackluster than I do, I find the angle of which you are attacking me from is very confirmation bias heavy and ignores most mistakes which you have also done. You apparently is gnaring your teeth and antagonising me for being egocentric when I have hardly done so this game. Your vote does not feel like a logical deduction, it feels like a roaring vengeance fueled by your virtrol. l am not even aggravated, I am just pitying how toxicity is the only way you could express yourself.

Besides, my claim was only scummy because it was false associated with that I am deliberately withholding my claim, when that was never my initial intention. I have said it and I will say it again. I intended to claim right after everyone has done so. This is due to my belief a withheld claim can generate psychological pressure and produce more insightful content. The late timing was only a problem because the flurry of activity cropped up forced me to take a thorough reread of the game. I am more comfortable with claiming only after understanding the circumstances, it was as simple as that. I also bring to your attention that I have been feverishly trying to compensate for my inactivity and account for my missplay. If you still insist to scrutize me for not being capable of being completely devoted  to mafia, when multiple other players have done even worse in this regard, just because you think I am the better player, I shall take this as a compliment.

Cut by 4
>Link to my Steam Account: Add me! http://steamcommunity.com/id/9898981-02
--------------------------------------

DNAbc

• mafia is suffering
« Reply #301 on: August 23, 2015, 05:53:50 PM »
Good job scum, I suppose.

« Reply #302 on: August 23, 2015, 06:00:17 PM »
You apparently is gnaring your teeth and antagonising me for being egocentric when I have hardly done so this game.
You literally didn't claim because of self-concern.

« Reply #303 on: August 23, 2015, 06:01:44 PM »
If you still insist to scrutize me for not being capable of being completely devoted  to mafia, when multiple other players have done even worse in this regard, just because you think I am the better player, I shall take this as a compliment.
You should! I love how much you care about Mafia and how devoted you are.

Bardiche

• Mafia: Worst Game Ever
« Reply #304 on: August 23, 2015, 06:16:30 PM »
GG, scum win.

EDIT: I learned some additional things, like not introducing a lynchless/NKless Day 1 to keep the excitement in (though I did manage to eliminate RVS), and that I should give Town the additional power to void an NK in a 6-2 game, or make it a 7-2 game instead. I just wasn't sure 9 players would be feasible, given MoTK levels.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2015, 06:18:07 PM by Bardiche »

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #305 on: August 23, 2015, 06:21:14 PM »

Girl power! (Generic Pixiv link warning)

gg folks, this was a lot of fun despite me being an internally panicky mess the entire time. Apologies to Shalako if I made you legitimately angry at any point on D1; despite being happy to irritate people when I play as scum, I wasn't intending to get as heated as I did. (That entire week was a very bad week for me in terms of stress.)

Also, as already stated in the scum QT, sympathies to Bard for the activity of this game. I had to constantly remind myself that I was scum and therefore inactivity was good. >_>;
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Bardiche

• Mafia: Worst Game Ever
« Reply #306 on: August 23, 2015, 06:26:28 PM »
On ActionDan
I was accused during the game of breaking my own rules by killing ActionDan for not posting. Let me make clear that I did not kill ActionDan because he did not post. After he claimed the Night Talk power and to have a Post Restriction, I sent him a message requesting clarification on his behaviour, as I could not rhyme it with pro-win behaviour. Put simply, going against your wincon and confusing Town is trolling the game, and trolling is toxic behaviour.

Because ActionDan never replied to my message, and because I saw Town considering lynching ActionDan, I made the judgement call that I would not have Town mislynch because one player decided to be a dick and play counter to their win condition by lying about their post restriction and lying about their role power. That's unacceptable behaviour and I refuse to let that be the reason for a loss.

TL;DR, I modkilled ActionDan for breaking Rule #1 after giving him the benefit of the doubt. I understand I allowed "lie, cheat and deceive your peers", but that did not include playing counter to your win condition. I made the call that it's counter to enjoyment if you lose not because scum played well, but because one Townie played aggravatingly counter to their win condition.

In the end, I suppose Town did lose anyway, but that's a balance factor I'll look at closer. With Scum having NIGH ZERO power that directly supported them (Serela could become Beloved at the cost of giving Town Night Talk), I felt that three mislynches to win might be too much for them to pull off. I was severely wrong and for that, I sincerely apologise to Town for putting them in a hard situation.

Town powers were limited, but designed to help Town by giving them clarity about the game (Shalako could ask question and receive 100% accurate answers, so long as he didn't try to be a lie detector, cop or role checker) or by letting them completely bypass a Day event they felt were against Town.

For example, if DNA had chosen to NL or mislynch someone other than the guy with the highest votes, Day 3 would instead only allow unmovable votes in the first 24 hours and then another set of unmovable votes in the last 24 hours. While I think that's pro-Town (it forces people to make an immediate call, and the threat of vote at the end of the day as "pressurevote"), if Patorikku disagreed he had the power to void the entire Day event.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2015, 06:31:37 PM by Bardiche »

Patorikku

• Weird country-bumpkin city-boy hybrid
  • (ง ?̀_?́)ง
« Reply #307 on: August 23, 2015, 06:31:04 PM »
I'll give my own endgame spiel after I'm back at home. So in like... 10 - 12 hours.

Oh look, I got an image in my signature. Finally.
Click here for Tumblr nonsense.

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #308 on: August 23, 2015, 06:32:18 PM »
I had no problems with the Dan modkill in the interest of fairness. It made us have to work just a little bit harder since he wasn't a free-and-easy LYLO mislynch anymore.
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

DNAbc

• mafia is suffering
« Reply #309 on: August 23, 2015, 06:33:45 PM »
?\_(ツ)_/?
Must feel crap to be misguided town, I know that feel though.

A tip to Shalako is to not drop a confident vote barrage when you aren't good at it. Especially in LyLo, when the other party is present, legitimately responding and nobody is announcing their intention to leave, all you did is just letting scum quickhammer and win while silencing me. I also enjoyed your passion regardless because it reminds me of how innocent I was and ready to sheep anyone who thinks I am town, its very cute. Let's both step our game up next time.

Kilga has also been devilishly clever in nudging town to the consensus that I am scummy without really specifying how, and letting others do your work for you, it became a bit obvious near the end that you are trying to buddy Shalako though near the end of your posts though, who admittedly was the player most bent on my lynch, to which I was like, 'well that townread seems to have came out of nowhere.' Good for you I was already under too much scrutiny the time to do anything about it. Well done.

too bad rei chan apparently can't be trusted.

DNAbc

• mafia is suffering
« Reply #310 on: August 23, 2015, 06:35:42 PM »
Sorry for the doublepost, mafia reflexes lol
?\_(ツ)_/?
Must feel crap to be misguided town, I know that feel though.

A tip to Shalako is to not drop a confident vote barrage when you aren't good at it. Especially in LyLo, when the other party is present, legitimately responding and nobody is announcing their intention to leave, all you did is just letting scum quickhammer and win while silencing me. I also enjoyed your passion regardless because it reminds me of how innocent I was when I first played mafia and ready to sheep anyone who thinks I am town, its very cute. Let's both step our game up next time.

Kilga has also been devilishly clever in nudging town to the consensus that I am scummy without really specifying how, and letting others do your work for you, it became a bit obvious near the end that you are trying to buddy Shalako though near the end of your posts though, who admittedly was the player most bent on my lynch, to which I was like, 'well that townread seems to have came out of nowhere.' Good for you I was already under too much scrutiny the time to do anything about it. Well done.

too bad rei chan apparently can't be trusted.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
Re: [GG, Bard loses] Free! Mafia
« Reply #311 on: August 23, 2015, 06:48:09 PM »
Day 3 was a mess for me :C After I realized the extension had to be unanimous I was like "OH GOD WHY DID I VOTE FOR IT I JUST THOUGHT IT NEEDED TO BE A MAJORITY", I could have easily lurked out the last few hours safely without extending the day otherwise; whilst I did figure the extension wouldn't get my lynched even after things started looking bad, it would have been a much safer and more painless win.

Also here's the scum QT! It's mostly me talking to myself. http://www.quicktopic.com/51/H/yVn7rXeAymea2

Yes I intentionally lurked the hell out of the last 24~ hours because me posting would have made my lynch was more likely; I was sorta backed into a corner where I had nothing to say that wouldn't suck.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

« Reply #312 on: August 23, 2015, 06:53:51 PM »
Mate you really gotta work on how condescending you are, even more so when your play is what made you get lynched not me sheeping a Scum when the non-interactions is something I brought up as is you not seeing me claim and not claiming.
Why did you decide to not claim again? Who were you gonna counter-claim as VT? How did you expect to claim VT after saying you weren't gonna claim because you could counter-claim someone?
I'll admit I did have a few moments where I really thought you were town (Your view on how TC forced you to lynch someone) but I'll learn to read you eventually  ;)
End game I was literally suspicions of every one D: so that didn't help me any lol
In a Vacuum Selery is clearly the scummiest with his current Actions/Vote/Scum suspicions. However as conditionary as it is that Kilg said he doesn't believe in Meta then used another players Meta (Shadow) as an example of why he doesn't distrust Selery I rather agree with it since i've had those games where it just doesn't "click"
:blush:
I wasn't angry at all Kilg, despite how much people wanna label me as Toxic I'm simply playing the game and I don't get upset(I attack arguments not people) and I always enjoy sparing and think that's what makes game fun!
Celery did a great job of out winfoming and Kilg wow
Worth noting another solid Patorikku game and hope next game he posts more!

Yes I intentionally lurked the hell out of the last 24~ hours because me posting would have made my lynch was more likely; I was sorta backed into a corner where I had nothing to say that wouldn't suck.
GL on your next town game if you can't figure out who you wanna lynch/were involved in mislynches D:<

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #313 on: August 23, 2015, 07:13:03 PM »
Everyone's going to be involved in mislynches XD That's just something that happens.

As town I... usually won't decide to lurk for days. >.> Not after d1 at least.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Shadoweh

• I will ahn~ vote count for you
  • The STRONGEST Day Effect
« Reply #314 on: August 24, 2015, 03:16:24 AM »
As town I... usually won't decide to lurk for days. >.> Not after d1 at least.
Serela you''ve won, you don't have to lie to people anymore!

This game's Day 1 was hilarious to watch, I enjoyed all the mafia players becoming anime characters. DNA played really good this game and I'm disappointed he got lynched for it but such is life.

Kitten4u: "I'll say it plainly: THERE IS NO WAY SHADOWEH IS SCUM!" - A Balanced Game of Mafia

DNAbc

• mafia is suffering
« Reply #315 on: August 24, 2015, 03:23:16 AM »
I think assuming the team captain will decide to NL is kind of situational, especially since there's no flip on D1 due to game mechanics, doing so is only going to be testing the patience of players and suicidal for the TC. Probably.

Scum also has a much better justification in their lurkstrat because of this inherent apathy generating mechanic too. I was honestly pretty irked after I got ignored as TC, so I was kind of participating only on and off after that point. It was only after Shalako got so misguided on D3 that I started getting somewhat pissed off and started responding seriously (and since my mantis cruiser died because flagship is a bitch).

Probably if to modify balance I would suggest a 9p setup instead, as you've mentioned. I feel that its very important town should have that buffer mislynch and scum gets another additional kill. Unlike what scums have worried about, I feel that theres painfully little NK analysis that could be done on a single death because he's the obvious townie and he also wasn't very active D2. The rest is probably fine.