Author Topic: [GG, Bard loses] Free! Mafia  (Read 44247 times)

Re: [Day 1] Free! Mafia
« Reply #30 on: August 11, 2015, 03:18:17 PM »
There's no real info aside from personal bias.
Wrong.

I don't like DNA's candidature,
Because he posted a large speech?
Explain why DNA of all people posting a large post is enough to declare him scummy.

CF7

• Can you feel the LOVE tonight?
« Reply #31 on: August 11, 2015, 03:23:31 PM »
Wrong.
How so?
Because he posted a large speech?
Explain why DNA of all people posting a large post is enough to declare him scummy.
Yep.
Because he alone posted a completely unnecessary wall that doesn't have anything meaningful in it. Yes i actually read it in its entirety.
Sometimes rumors are just... rumors

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #32 on: August 11, 2015, 03:25:55 PM »
So...If DNA always posts walls...How is it a reason to cast doubt on him for doing something he always does? How can you trust someone with this shoddy logic to be team captain?
I'm assuming Kilga not to seriously be suggesting that his first act as team captain will be purging Rei Ryugazaki for having an rvs wall, and I agree with the sentiment that oh god walls why. (Also, Kilgamayan has a high mafia reputation here, and whether or not that may be overblown by now [I mean, I've seen him play like 3 times in the past few years, I can't gauge much :V Other than that he did a great job as Tenshi in Swordgirls even if reality conspired against him. At least I didn't redirect their nightkill onto his own scumbuddies because of Bad Life Decisions{tm}] it's fun to just go along with that at least during rvs)

@Rei, I do totally agree with you (hee!) but part of that ability is recognizing when it's best to concede and concentrate efforts elsewhere! It's not as though I'm giving up, I just won't be captain~
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

« Reply #33 on: August 11, 2015, 03:29:39 PM »
How so?
Should be Obvious.
Yep.
Because he alone posted a completely unnecessary wall that doesn't have anything meaningful in it. Yes i actually read it in its entirety.
Okay so now that we've established your reasoning here:

DNA is probscum, too many words on ED1 for town, kill it with water
Of posting too many words in RVS actually means he posted a lot without anything meaningful how about you explain what other posts in the thread before his were meaningful since nothing else raised your hackles.
Why would DNA stating why he'd be a good pick be unmeaningful?
Why is a Player deciding to Roleplay unmeaningful?

DNAbc

• mafia is suffering
  • but I don't exactly hate that
« Reply #34 on: August 11, 2015, 03:32:40 PM »
CF7, Rei Ryugazaki wants to be selected because Rei Ryugazaki plays the game and is willing to embrace all types of opinions, based or not. And he believes that a higher likelihood of winning for town could be achieved by being the captain.

Also, I want you to respond to how you disliking my style constitutes your vote for Kilga, and giving up on promoting yourself. Say, for example, if you arent feeling competitive, why do you still opt to vote yourself in the first place, instead of making your intention of resigning clear, such as Shalakos or Serelas? Was your votes all opportunistic, or do you have further justifications?
>Link to my Steam Account: Add me! http://steamcommunity.com/id/9898981-02
--------------------------------------

« Reply #35 on: August 11, 2015, 03:33:17 PM »
God damn it.

« Reply #36 on: August 11, 2015, 03:34:49 PM »
Should be Obvious.Okay so now that we've established your reasoning here:Of posting too many words in RVS actually means he posted a lot without anything meaningful how about you explain what other posts in the thread before his were meaningful since nothing else raised your hackles.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #37 on: August 11, 2015, 03:38:32 PM »
roleplay posts are cute and null (unless they start clogging up legitimate content posts in which case they're mildly irritating but still null)
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

DNAbc

• mafia is suffering
  • but I don't exactly hate that
« Reply #38 on: August 11, 2015, 03:41:15 PM »
Because apparently our school intercom is very busy at this hour, Rei Ryugazaki would like to note most of his broadcasts have been delayed by a few slots and may not be most updated.

Shalako, while Rei Ryugazaki certainly appreciates you taking the time to defend him, he would lIke to note that Kilga may not be online to respond to your queries, and such a rapidly, spammy style of questioning may be counterproductive since we must admit that we are running on little empirical evidence at this stage of the game and it is best not to flood it with unnecessary fluff until other swimmers response less risking additional pressure on swimmers during later stages of the tournament
>Link to my Steam Account: Add me! http://steamcommunity.com/id/9898981-02
--------------------------------------

ActionDan

• Teaching old dogs new tricks
« Reply #39 on: August 11, 2015, 03:43:39 PM »
##unvote
##vote: serela

Don't lynch me.

« Reply #40 on: August 11, 2015, 03:50:19 PM »
roleplay posts are cute and null (unless they start clogging up legitimate content posts in which case they're mildly irritating but still null)
Why are you answering questions directed at CF7?
Why are you answering the fluff question directed at him?
Why does DNA posting a large Post indicate that he's not suitable for Captain?
Why is DNA posting a Wall alignment related?
If CF7 didn't mean to "purge" DNA why say kill it with water?
Shalako, while Rei Ryugazaki certainly appreciates you taking the time to defend him,
Sorry, I just have always been bad at RVS, i'm too eager to get to the good part.

@Dan
Role Related?
Is the gimmick of restricted players quoting to get their views across allowed here?

CF7

« Reply #41 on: August 11, 2015, 03:51:06 PM »
Say, for example, if you arent feeling competitive, why do you still opt to vote yourself in the first place, instead of making your intention of resigning clear, such as Shalakos or Serelas? Was your votes all opportunistic, or do you have further justifications?
Well it would have been nice if i were to be picked and if that doesn't happen, it's not that big of a loss for me.
No. No further justifications.
Because pretty much anyone benefits from being a governor and mafia doubly so.
Because it's not indicative of alignment.

« Reply #42 on: August 11, 2015, 04:00:51 PM »
Because pretty much anyone benefits from being a governor and mafia doubly so.
So... Mayor.
:wat:
How do you know the Mayor ability is being a governor?

CF7

« Reply #43 on: August 11, 2015, 04:21:11 PM »
How do you know the Mayor ability is being a governor?
Aren't those just different names of the same role? Also i have no idea if Team Captain is a Governor role or not.

ActionDan

• Teaching old dogs new tricks
« Reply #44 on: August 11, 2015, 04:27:01 PM »
spammy style of questioning may be counterproductive

Don't lynch me.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #45 on: August 11, 2015, 04:35:32 PM »
@Shalako, I mean most of your questions also applied to me so I figured!

Raitaki

• 雷滝
« Reply #46 on: August 11, 2015, 04:36:49 PM »
Ew elections. Why. Can't we just all be equal and democratic here ; v;

Vote for me guys I'll do everything according to majority opinion o/
##Vote: Raitaki
[08:23 pm]  Aristocrat -- Raitaki on a scale of 1 to 10 your current mafia game play is annoying as fuck
[08:25 pm]  Aristocrat -- Raitaki, if both of us ended up as mafia
[08:25 pm]  Aristocrat -- I would be so angry
[08:25 pm]  Aristocrat -- that I will snap and give into my rage

Bardiche

• Mafia: Worst Game Ever
« Reply #47 on: August 11, 2015, 04:53:04 PM »
CLARIFICATION:
The winner of today's vote does not acquire a power role.

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #48 on: August 11, 2015, 05:06:49 PM »
On phone at work, I'm not reading all of that nonsense lel

DNA/Shalako scumteam? DNA/Shalako scumteam. gg

Dan you hurt me so :( Vote for me I've figured it all out
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Patorikku

• Weird country-bumpkin city-boy hybrid
  • (ง ?̀_?́)ง
« Reply #49 on: August 11, 2015, 05:08:44 PM »
Ew elections. Why. Can't we just all be equal and democratic here ; v;

Vote for me guys I'll do everything according to majority opinion \o/
##Vote: Raitaki
Well I mean, that's basically what I was doing most of last game, and that only worked until we got to lynching last scum, so... Not sure how much I wanna roll with that. Gonna quickly reread things a couple times over.

Cut by 1...?

Oh look, I got an image in my signature. Finally.
Click here for Tumblr nonsense.

Patorikku

• (ง ?̀_?́)ง
« Reply #50 on: August 11, 2015, 05:20:49 PM »
I mean, now that I think about it, the real reason catching last scum didn't work last game is because conq really covers his tracks well. Running on public opinion alone can be detrimental, though, so I'd rather roll with that.

Like Serela said, RP is null as far as alignment is concerned, and I'm willing enough to trust DN-- Rei-chan's judgement. I don't know nearly enough about Kilga's playstyle to run off what little info we've been given here thus far, so I don't feel that wagon's a good option as of yet.

Aw hell, I sheeped him last game, and this game, it's even in character to do it! :V
##Vote: DNA

Patorikku

• (ง ?̀_?́)ง
« Reply #51 on: August 11, 2015, 05:21:45 PM »
@Mods Would there be any objections to me changing my username to match my character's as well?

Bardiche

« Reply #52 on: August 11, 2015, 07:04:20 PM »
@Mods Would there be any objections to me changing my username to match my character's as well?

Feel free to go nuts with RP and whatnot.

Bardiche

« Reply #53 on: August 11, 2015, 07:12:58 PM »
VOTE COUNT
Mod request: Whatever, I'll count votes NO MATTER HOW TEDIOUS, THIS IS MY ROLE!

CF7 (0): CF7
Rei Ryugazaki (3): Rei Ryugazaki, Shalako, ActionDan, Patorikku
Kilga (3): Kilga, Serela, CF7
Serela (1): ActionDan
Raitaki (1): Raitaki

With 8 votes in play, it takes 5 to elect a team captain! 2 Days and 17 Hours remain to make a decision. If the Day ends without a hammer, highest amount of votes wins by default.

Raitaki

• 雷滝
« Reply #54 on: August 11, 2015, 09:17:08 PM »
Well I mean, that's basically what I was doing most of last game, and that only worked until we got to lynching last scum, so...
Well, that might be true, but on the off-chance that Kilga is scum, then his leadership would also only work until get around to lynching the last scum :V Not to mention having a leader figure around makes it easier to sheep/coast and whatnot, and if that position falls to a respected player people might start being biased towards whatever said respected player says no matter if they're intentionally trying to lead the town or not, so I don't really feel comfortable giving team captain status to anyone town might rally around.
[08:23 pm]  Aristocrat -- Raitaki on a scale of 1 to 10 your current mafia game play is annoying as fuck

Raitaki

• 雷滝
« Reply #55 on: August 11, 2015, 09:20:41 PM »
Not to mention that if the respected player gets elected as the team captain AND is town, scum would basically have double reason to shoot him. Or they can just ignore him and let town go reverse-psychology and think "It's LyLo and Kilga the team captain somehow is still alive! He must be scum!". Too many possible ways for scum to take advantage of the team captain's influence for me to be comfortable with voting someone good for it.

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #56 on: August 11, 2015, 10:43:44 PM »
Actually read all the posts, mind isn't changed, Shalako going so hard into the paint for DNA is scummy enough for me rn

as scum I will not be motivated to draw so much attention to myself needlessly

false

(a) I've done this as scum before multiple times for precisely this reason
(b) Real talk: people are less inclined to vote posting gimmicks off the island (unless they're attached to a username that name begins with "D" and ends with "ormio")

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #57 on: August 11, 2015, 10:59:06 PM »
considering the wall wasn't actually related to the game it's certainly not something that means much for alignment one way or another in any case, scum or town could both easily do it and it's more related to having fun with flavor than ~*~scum misdirection~*~ or anything

I imagine he'd probably have done that regardless of what color his role pm ended up being

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #58 on: August 11, 2015, 11:06:05 PM »
:words: is just as good a reason as any to cast an ED1 vote imo

His response was pretty terribad tho

« Reply #59 on: August 11, 2015, 11:37:50 PM »
How is someone posting a lot a reason to vote someone if they always post a lot.
Makes no sense to vote someone for something they ALWAYS do regardless of alignment

Not to mention that if the respected player gets elected as the team captain AND is town, scum would basically have double reason to shoot him. Or they can just ignore him and let town go reverse-psychology and think "It's LyLo and Kilga the team captain somehow is still alive! He must be scum!". Too many possible ways for scum to take advantage of the team captain's influence for me to be comfortable with voting someone good for it.
We don't know how long whatever Team Captain does lasts and they can't shoot him until N2.