Author Topic: Gensokyo Survival  (Read 18024 times)

Gensokyo Survival
« on: July 03, 2015, 03:46:51 AM »
Hello, some days ago I was playing with my brother and I came up with a nice (or at least so I think) concept for a Touhou roleplay game, I don't know if someone already did something like that but anyways that is the idea: do you know that lame Fanfictions where a Touhou expert found himself at Gensokyo well my idea is that made into a roleplay, so now I tell you how the think should work: there will be four levels of difficulty easy, normal, hard and lunatic, basically the more hard is the level of difficulty the more bad is the situation where our character start into, that will also eventually change the reason because our character ended up in Gensokyo (that by the way will not be something lame as Yukari was bored and gapped her for fun), our character will be female to fit the thing that a Gensokyo almost every important character is female and she will be an average outsider eccept for the fact that you will control her, she also will now how to speak, understand, write and read Japanese so no problem with that, also the Gensokyo where this game will be setted is the Gensokyo Pre touhou 14.5 but that doesn't mean that it will not happen in the future, your goal in the game is to survive as long as possible the game and when you get stuck in a situation like dying and be sent to hell for esemple, from the start of the game you will have to face various situations and think a solution, you can think a solution and write it or vote for a solution chose by someone else, you can bot write your own solution and vote for that of someone else in the same turn, each turn you have a time of 5 hours to do any of the things i wrote up there tough i will not check the game during my sleeping hours for obvious reasons so during that time you will have more time (and I warn you my sleeping patterns are quite irregolar), when the time is over I will chose the solution with more votes and using touhou Canon as a reference i will come to an anwer to your solution and with a new problem needing a new solution and so on, in case of draws between more solutions then you will have to vote for one solution without adding new ones, if it is still a draw then I will chose one random solution, you can't vote for you own solution and you have only one vote.

With that I think is all about the rules so to start the game lets vote for the difficulty of the game you can chose between easy, normal, hard and lunatic lets start the game !

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
  • Everything will be daijoubu... hopefully
Re: Gensokyo Survival
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2015, 04:09:29 AM »
 Easy
 Medium
 Hard
 Lunatic
Extra
Oh wait, it's not available yet. Ah well, let's go for Hard.
Good luck on the game.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2015, 04:11:30 AM by Miniking »

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2015, 12:05:22 PM »
Ok then lets go with the hard mode:

You awake in a unknown place, you don't remember what you were doing probably you were sleeping during the class or something like that because you are in your school clothes, still you don't know how did you got there or where is there, near you there is a Mountain and near the Mountain you can see a cave  behind you there is a forest, watching the Sky you can tell that is early afternoon, then being lost somewhere in the wild you think you need to find other people or call for help...

And then you have to choice what to do next now I will write you the actual stats of your character:

Healt state: Healt
Damange: None
Hunger: low
Thirst: low
Stamina: high
Strenght: Standard human level
Dodging skill: You can't even beat easy mode
Spellcards: 0
Captured Spellcards: 0
Fly: No
Abilties:None
Inventory: Cellphone (1), School uniform (1).

Ok then good luck with your choice I will check when the time end, bye.

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2015, 12:43:50 PM »
Check cell phone for the slightest possibility that there is service.
> If able to, make a call to friends/family/etc...

Observe mountain from current location.
> Determine whether there is a shrine at the top of the mountain.

Observe forest from current location.
> Take note of any vegetation, especially mushrooms.

AVOID ANY AND ALL YOUKAI.

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2015, 05:18:32 PM »
Check cell phone for the slightest possibility that there is service.
> If able to, make a call to friends/family/etc...

Observe mountain from current location.
> Determine whether there is a shrine at the top of the mountain.

Observe forest from current location.
> Take note of any vegetation, especially mushrooms.

AVOID ANY AND ALL YOUKAI.
The first thing you did was to check if there is signal for your phone but unfortunately there wasn't any, so you decided to look around, First you looked at the mountain and near the top you spotted a structure probably a shrine because there was something that looked like a tori portal near it, then you looked at the Forest there wasn't nothing particular in the vegetation and you notice some mushrooms but not too many, you also spotted something flying trought trees it was small but didn't looked like a bird, still you decide to not check what it was...

Ok that where some clever decisions if you ask me, with them you have gained some pieces of information and didn't put yourself in danger, your stats haven't changed during this turn so I'm not going to rewrite them, ok then good luck in choosing the next thing to do
« Last Edit: July 03, 2015, 05:20:23 PM by Rp97 »

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2015, 07:49:36 PM »
>Take a peak inside the cave. Ponder how dark/well lit it is.

« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2015, 10:17:20 PM »
>Take a peak inside the cave. Ponder how dark/well lit it is.
You looked inside the cave, it was pretty dark in there so you can't tell how big it was only by looking at it, also it seems to go underground, looking at it you thinked you saw something moving in the dark...

So you checked the cave too, good move i wonder what will be your next one, well I think I will go to sleep now so I will check it when i wake up, good luck !

« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2015, 10:32:20 PM »
Not to be a shit, but i think you should improve your grammar a bit, it kind of makes things hard to follow at times (the wall of text in your op, for example).

You should also read this thread if you haven't already, it contains some advise that might be useful.
My old avatars: Old ass turtle, Unzan - Second and Current Avatar by the talented Aoshi-shi

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2015, 11:53:26 PM »
It's pitch black in the cave. You are likely to be eaten by a youkai.
Well that's a definite no.
thinking of possible safe actions.....
>Wander through the forest or cave.
>Try to climb the mountain. Could fall and injure our self greatly.
>Climb a tree to see further, then look around. Im sticking to this idea, anyone have anything better please speak up.

« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2015, 11:59:03 PM »
Not to be a shit, but i think you should improve your grammar a bit, it kind of makes things hard to follow at times (the wall of text in your op, for example).

You should also read this thread if you haven't already, it contains some advise that might be useful.
Don't worry you are not being a shit my grammar skills aren't always the best so from now I will try my best to makes things easier to follow so if some part will be hard to follow tell me please I will try to make them more clear, also thank you for have showed me that thread the advices were pretty useful and I will try to keep them in mind during the game, have fun !

« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2015, 04:40:47 PM »
It's pitch black in the cave. You are likely to be eaten by a youkai.
Well that's a definite no.
thinking of possible safe actions.....
>Wander through the forest or cave.
>Try to climb the mountain. Could fall and injure our self greatly.
>Climb a tree to see further, then look around. Im sticking to this idea, anyone have anything better please speak up.
Fearing that the thing you saw moving in the cave may be dangerous you left the cave and decide to climb a tree to have a better view of the surroundings, so from the top of the tree you looked around and you saw a plain beyond the Forest where a lot of little things were flying too far to be identified, then you saw something flying at high Speed from the mountain, the thing suddenly stopped in the part of Sky on top of your position, then you notice that the thing has a humanoid shape, and immediately after that the thing seems to be start moving again this time to your's position...

I'm sorry to have been so late to write this part, this time I will also rewrite the stats of our character after the climb on the tree:

Healt state: Healty
Damange: None
Hunger: medium-low
Thirst: medium
Stamina: medium-high
Strenght: Standard human level
Dodging skill: You can't even beat easy mode
Spellcards: 0
Captured Spellcards: 0
Fly: No
Abilties:None
Inventory: Cellphone (1), School uniform (1).

I will wait your's next input, good luck !
« Last Edit: July 04, 2015, 04:43:57 PM by Rp97 »

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2015, 07:09:01 PM »
>"I-Is that a person!? People can't fly, and they certainly can't move that fast."
>Get down, hide behind another tree.

« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2015, 11:01:15 PM »
>"I-Is that a person!? People can't fly, and they certainly can't move that fast."
>Get down, hide behind another tree.
After seeing the humanoid thing aiming at you, you decided to left the tree where you was on and hide somewhere, while trying to do so you started saying to yourself "I-is that a person!? Peop-" you didn' finished to say that that the thing already reach you, now you can saw her well, she appear to be girl with red eyes, black semi-long hair, wearing a white blouse, a Black short skirt and a tokin, she was holding a camera and a small notebook in her hands, she said to you "So what we have here a human from the outside!, it can be a scoop! Can I interview you?"...

Ok so finally a Touhou character appeared I hope I don't screw to much trying to roleplay them, good luck with the next choice !

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2015, 11:20:41 PM »
"Interview? Wait how were you flying just now? Where am I?"

« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2015, 12:56:08 PM »
"Interview? Wait how were you flying just now? Where am I?"

"Interview? Wait how were you flying just now? Where am I?" You asked to the girl, she replied "This is Gensokyo a sealed land where youkai lives, I'm flying because I'm a youkai though also some humans can, now tell me, what's your name? Do you know how you got here?" ...

So now if you want you can also name the main character so please try not to be too silly  (though you can also don't answer to the question) having said that good luck with the next choice !

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2015, 06:47:11 PM »
"Eve.  I'm not sure how I ended up here, but I think I was in my classroom a few minutes ago."

« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2015, 11:33:40 PM »
"Eve.  I'm not sure how I ended up here, but I think I was in my classroom a few minutes ago."

"Eve.  I'm not sure how I ended up here, but I think I was in my classroom a few minutes ago." You answered and then she asked you "So your name is Eve, and you don't know how you got here,  so Eve what were you doing on that tree before ?"...

So, you named her Eve, I have to say I liked that choice of you It remembered me of the game Ib that I liked very much, and also of the anime Black cat that I also liked, you made a good choice, I will wait for the next move, good luck !

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2015, 11:47:49 PM »
"I was trying to get a better view of things in order to find a safer place than this. Then you came flying towards me like a bullet, so I tried to hide. Who are you anyways?"

« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2015, 03:08:06 PM »
"I was trying to get a better view of things in order to find a safer place than this. Then you came flying towards me like a bullet, so I tried to hide. Who are you anyways?"

"I was trying to get a better view of things in order to find a safer place than this. Then you came flying towards me like a bullet, so I tried to hide. Who are you anyways?" You said to the girl "I'm Shameimaru Aya a tengu reporter, I run a newspaper the Bunbunmaru and I'm searching for a scoop, and because outsiders are uncommon in Gensokyo I decided to interview you" she answered

Sorry for being too late to write this part I had things to do so I cannot do it earlier, like always good luck for your next choice !

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
« Reply #19 on: July 06, 2015, 03:54:58 PM »
//Not too late at all. You're actually posting at most a few hours after me which is pretty quick in my opinion.

"Okay Aya, I've got time for an interview. I'm not really fit for doing anything else at the moment.
So far this Gensokyo seems like a really dangerous place, with all the creatures here being able to fly. Especially to a normal person like me. I'm sure there's more flying things in the forest here, and that dark cave over there seems to go underground, like a mine. Then there's also that mountain you came flying down from, and that's all I've seen since I wound up here."

« Reply #20 on: July 06, 2015, 08:27:40 PM »
//Not too late at all. You're actually posting at most a few hours after me which is pretty quick in my opinion.

"Okay Aya, I've got time for an interview. I'm not really fit for doing anything else at the moment.
So far this Gensokyo seems like a really dangerous place, with all the creatures here being able to fly. Especially to a normal person like me. I'm sure there's more flying things in the forest here, and that dark cave over there seems to go underground, like a mine. Then there's also that mountain you came flying down from, and that's all I've seen since I wound up here."

So far this Gensokyo seems like a really dangerous place, with all the creatures here being able to fly. Especially to a normal person like me. I'm sure there's more flying things in the forest here, and that dark cave over there seems to go underground, like a mine. Then there's also that mountain you came flying down from, and that's all I've seen since I wound up here." You said and Aya answered "Yes Gensokyo can be a dangerous place for an outsider as some youkai attack humans, but is also true that nowadays this is much rarer and even in the case there are things like spellcard rules that protect humans, still for an outsider can be pretty hard to get used to Gensokyo, but there are some strange humans among those who happen to get here that decide to stay here, so can I ask you what you want to do, stay here at Gensokyo or return to the outside ?" She asked to you

Ok that is an important choice I wonder what you will decide, I will wait for the answer good luck !

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
« Reply #21 on: July 06, 2015, 08:47:48 PM »
"You mentioned that some humans could fly, do you think I can learn how to? It'd be amazing to not have to worry about heights, and to be able to reach the clouds."

« Reply #22 on: July 07, 2015, 11:24:39 PM »
"You mentioned that some humans could fly, do you think I can learn how to? It'd be amazing to not have to worry about heights, and to be able to reach the clouds."

"You mentioned that some humans could fly, do you think I can learn how to? It'd be amazing to not have to worry about heights, and to be able to reach the clouds." You asked and Aya answered "You didn't answered my question but if you want to know, a human can learn how to fly in various ways for example by learning Magic, by become a hermit, by being a priestess that is faithful enough to get this Power from a god, by become a youkai, in general by being a particularly strong human you also get this ability but that is pretty hard"

Sorry if I didn't write today some cousins of mine came at my place for a day and I was pretty busy with them, Good luck with the next  choice !

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
« Reply #23 on: July 08, 2015, 12:08:01 AM »
"I want to go home eventually. I don't know anything about this place other than flying humanlike creatures. I don't want to be eaten or anything, I haven't even finished school yet,"
"Um, speaking of which, do you think you have anything I could eat and maybe something to drink? I haven't had lunch yet."

« Reply #24 on: July 08, 2015, 06:16:20 AM »
This ism't very important right now, but always prepare for the future...
>What kind of phone do we have?
My old avatars: Old ass turtle, Unzan - Second and Current Avatar by the talented Aoshi-shi

« Reply #25 on: July 08, 2015, 12:12:10 PM »
Seconding. This can become very important in the near future.

« Reply #26 on: July 08, 2015, 12:53:15 PM »
This ism't very important right now, but always prepare for the future...
Seconding. This can become very important in the near future.

So because this get more votes this answer will be the one to be used

"What kind of phone do we have?" You asked to Aya "almost all of Gensokyo inhabitants didn't have phones the exceptions are Tengu like me who have phones and youkai that can cross the border and get one" she answered

Good luck with the next choice!

« Reply #27 on: July 08, 2015, 09:16:05 PM »
I meant what kind of phone do we, as in the player, have. Our phone, not the people in gensokyo's phones.

« Reply #28 on: July 09, 2015, 12:16:15 AM »
I meant what kind of phone do we, as in the player, have. Our phone, not the people in gensokyo's phones.

Ok then to avoid things like that lets make a rule: If you didn't want to write a command then warn before writing and also lets keep the error, it dosen't cause any problems after all, also by the way is an Iphone 4S

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
« Reply #29 on: July 09, 2015, 02:26:54 AM »
"Hey since I've been answering your questions and everything can you get me outta here, preferably somewhere with food ad water?"