Author Topic: (Skyseas of Gensokyo) Nazrin Quest (Part 14)  (Read 46314 times)

Re: (Skyseas of Gensokyo) Nazrin Quest (Part 14)
« Reply #510 on: August 04, 2015, 02:26:11 PM »
>On the other hand, what sort of impression did we get from Ringo about how long those checks of hers might take?

« Reply #511 on: August 04, 2015, 03:49:35 PM »
>On the other hand, what sort of impression did we get from Ringo about how long those checks of hers might take?

>You don't even think she knew. You imagine it might be a while yet, though, depending on what she needs to check and who she needs to check with.

« Reply #512 on: August 04, 2015, 08:18:02 PM »
>"Then we'll start there. We can see what we have, and what we have to go shopping for after."

« Reply #513 on: August 04, 2015, 08:41:26 PM »
>"Then we'll start there. We can see what we have, and what we have to go shopping for after."

>"What we have to go shopping for...." She tilts her head. "Didn't you say you had to stop by the Guildhall first about that message you're waiting on? And something about parts of the medicine you need made in town? I'm sure I don't have any of that stuff in my closet," she muses. "...even if there is a lot of stuff in there."

« Reply #514 on: August 04, 2015, 09:23:50 PM »
>Do we think we'll need to stop to buy ingredients at any store outside the apothecaries?

« Reply #515 on: August 04, 2015, 09:46:44 PM »
>Do we think we'll need to stop to buy ingredients at any store outside the apothecaries?

>Professor Bosqueverde did say some of the ingredients were a little uncommon, so you might need to do some shopping around, but you would assume that herbalists and apothecaries would be the best places to look.

« Reply #516 on: August 04, 2015, 09:52:01 PM »
>"Thinking on it, I don't think I need to visit the Hall right away. Much of a hurry as I'm in, I doubt Ringo will have any information for me by now. And I do need to visit an apothecary, but if there's one along the way between here and your home, that'll do."
>"Of course, if there's one close to here, then that's different, I'd go there first, but I don't know if there is."

« Reply #517 on: August 04, 2015, 09:59:23 PM »
>"Thinking on it, I don't think I need to visit the Hall right away. Much of a hurry as I'm in, I doubt Ringo will have any information for me by now. And I do need to visit an apothecary, but if there's one along the way between here and your home, that'll do."
>"Of course, if there's one close to here, then that's different, I'd go there first, but I don't know if there is."

>"Oh, we're pretty close to one!" she says. "I think. I can show you the way!"

« Reply #518 on: August 04, 2015, 10:20:44 PM »
>Smile. "That would be excellent."

« Reply #519 on: August 05, 2015, 11:06:52 PM »
>Smile. "That would be excellent."

>?Excellent! This way!? she exclaims, thrusting a finger towards the street and immediately marching after it.

>It takes the two of you less than five minutes to arrive at the herbalist's, but two hours later you're still shopping. Half the ingredients were purchased immediately and without fuss, but the shop was out of sunthistle, its arlan wasn't fresh, and asking about bull's blood precipitates an enthusiastic rant against superstitious folk healers.
>?Just because our Lady Scarlet does it, doesn't mean drinking blood does a lick of good for anyone else, and mind I'm telling you!?
>While he pointedly refuses to assist in your search for that particular reagent, he grumblingly notes a competitor who might have the herbs in stock that he lacks. They do, but the arlan's price can be charitably described as 'galling', and bad enough to send you trekking to the other end of the city to find better. The silver dust is worst of all ? at least of the specific grade and preparation that Professor Bosqueverde's note calls for, which apparently hasn't been used for years. At least all it take is a quick detour to a grocer to get the honey for a pittance.
>By the time you finally track down the right type of feather, you feel like you're barely dragging your own feet around and the dizzying array of pungent chemicals from that last alchemist has left you more than a little nauseous. But you finally have everything, and an herbalist who was willing to prepare it for you tonight, and you're only 58 guilders poorer for it ? which honestly feels like a lot, but it's hard to put a price tag on your own life. You just need to cart all of this stuff back to her.

>?Are you alright?? Kyouko asks. She's been an awfully good sport all this time, never antsy or impatient as the minutes dragged into hours, helping lead you around the city and sometimes running quick scouting missions to do inventory checks with nearby shops. If it weren't for her functioning eyesight, you're sure you'd still be walking in circles around Prestor Lane, looking for that damnably camouflaged cul-du-sac. One wonders how they manage to stay in business while hiding from their own customers.

« Reply #520 on: August 06, 2015, 12:11:54 AM »
>Remaining guilders.
>Remaining eyesight.
>Remaining stamina.

« Reply #521 on: August 06, 2015, 12:28:10 AM »
>Remaining guilders.
>Remaining eyesight.
>Remaining stamina.

>You technically haven't paid the woman to make you your potion yet, but once you do, that will leave you with 137 guilders.
>Your eyesight hasn't gotten any worse over the last few hours, as far as you can notice. That's still not good, of course.
>You could probably use a rest, to be honest, but still have it in you to keep going for a while. Even if you're half a zombie, you can still keep moving - and given how much more demanding the hike back to Yuuka's will be, you'd perhaps better get used to it. Though perhaps saving up your strength has some merit, too.

« Reply #522 on: August 06, 2015, 12:37:59 AM »
>"Just, give me a minute, I think I just need some air. I still- We still have work to do."

« Reply #523 on: August 06, 2015, 12:45:00 AM »
>"Just, give me a minute, I think I just need some air. I still- We still have work to do."

>"Still have work to do," she says gently. "But we got a lot done! Who'd have thought it would be that hard to find all those ingredients.... But I guess it makes sense for such an old recipe."

« Reply #524 on: August 06, 2015, 01:01:00 AM »
>"Makes me glad I'm a seeker, not a medicine maker. Imagine needing to make these potions on a daily basis. Ugh, imagine the smells."

« Reply #525 on: August 06, 2015, 01:03:04 AM »
>"Makes me glad I'm a seeker, not a medicine maker. Imagine needing to make these potions on a daily basis. Ugh, imagine the smells."

>"Oh, it's not all bad," she says. "You get used to it!"

« Reply #526 on: August 06, 2015, 01:14:58 AM »
>"Maybe not with the nose of a mouse."
>Grin and tap our beak.
>"Great when you're next to a bakery. Not so good in other places."

« Reply #527 on: August 06, 2015, 01:18:02 AM »
>"Maybe not with the nose of a mouse."
>Grin and tap our beak.
>"Great when you're next to a bakery. Not so good in other places."

>"Oh! Well, maybe. But I have great hearing and loud noises don't bother me at all!" She grins.

« Reply #528 on: August 06, 2015, 01:44:53 AM »
>"Speaking of noises, Kyouko, do you mind if I ask you something about your echoing ability?"

« Reply #529 on: August 06, 2015, 01:52:39 AM »
>"Speaking of noises, Kyouko, do you mind if I ask you something about your echoing ability?"

>"Echoing ability?" She giggles. "Ask away!"

« Reply #530 on: August 06, 2015, 01:55:33 AM »
>"You echo back some words that you hear. But can you echo other sounds, too?"

« Reply #531 on: August 08, 2015, 12:03:36 AM »
>"You echo back some words that you hear. But can you echo other sounds, too?"

>"I can!" she says. "I don't do it a lot these days, though; it kinda unnerves some people. Besides, words are more fun anyway!"

« Reply #532 on: August 08, 2015, 09:59:35 PM »
>"That's still a pretty neat ability you've got there."
>Are we breathing any easier now?

« Reply #533 on: August 08, 2015, 10:11:49 PM »
>"That's still a pretty neat ability you've got there."
>Are we breathing any easier now?

>Kyouko beams. "Aww, thank you!"
>You're breathing okay, you think. You're not feeling altogether great, but it's nothing acutely worse than usual.

« Reply #534 on: August 08, 2015, 10:26:56 PM »
>"Well, I'd guess we'd best get back to work, hadn't we."
>Let's get back on the road.

« Reply #535 on: August 08, 2015, 10:34:45 PM »
>"Well, I'd guess we'd best get back to work, hadn't we."
>Let's get back on the road.

>"If you want, I can go get the potion made for you, and you can take a break at the guildhall for a bit," she offers. "I'll be quick, I promise!"

« Reply #536 on: August 08, 2015, 10:58:44 PM »
>Do we feel that we need a break that bad?

« Reply #537 on: August 08, 2015, 11:02:37 PM »
>Do we feel that we need a break that bad?

>You certainly don't have to. You can keep going, if you choose.

« Reply #538 on: August 09, 2015, 01:24:26 AM »
>Putting it bluntly, would we trust Kyouko to get what exactly we need? It is kind of important, after all.

« Reply #539 on: August 09, 2015, 01:32:27 AM »
>Putting it bluntly, would we trust Kyouko to get what exactly we need? It is kind of important, after all.

>You already have all the ingredients, to the specifications on Professor Bosqueverde's note. And the note itself has a complete recipe, which the herbalist you spoke with earlier glanced over, and Kyouko could simply deliver. You think this would be awfully hard to screw up. Hopefully.