Author Topic: (Skyseas of Gensokyo) Nazrin Quest (Part 14)  (Read 46299 times)

Re: (Skyseas of Gensokyo) Nazrin Quest (Part 14)
« Reply #480 on: August 01, 2015, 03:58:44 AM »
>"Because I was an uninvited guest. Trust me, Kyouko, she really doesn't like visitors. I wouldn't even think about going back there if I had any choice in the matter."

« Reply #481 on: August 01, 2015, 04:09:43 AM »
>"Because I was an uninvited guest. Trust me, Kyouko, she really doesn't like visitors. I wouldn't even think about going back there if I had any choice in the matter."

>"It's hard to kill a youkai," she protests. "You might be sick, but I'm not!" There's much less conviction in her voice than earlier, though.

« Reply #482 on: August 01, 2015, 09:01:27 PM »
>"Yeah, and you're gonna stay that way by not getting within shouting distance of Yuuka."
>Smile. "And I guess that's some distance for you."

« Reply #483 on: August 01, 2015, 09:12:56 PM »
>"Yeah, and you're gonna stay that way by not getting within shouting distance of Yuuka."
>Smile. "And I guess that's some distance for you."

>"...is she really that scary?"

« Reply #484 on: August 01, 2015, 10:21:33 PM »
>"I think so. I think if I had to choose, I'd face that spider again before I faced Yuuka. At least the spider seemed to put some value on life, even if it was spider's life. Yuuka doesn't even care that much."

« Reply #485 on: August 01, 2015, 10:54:23 PM »
>"I think so. I think if I had to choose, I'd face that spider again before I faced Yuuka. At least the spider seemed to put some value on life, even if it was spider's life. Yuuka doesn't even care that much."

>"Yuuka doesn't even care that much," Kyouko says glumly. "Wow. What an awful, mean person. I wouldn't have thought anyone who liked flowers that much could be so miserable. It's not right! And it's not right that she should be able to get away with it, too! Do we have to give her that orchid? Can we trade it to someone else instead?"

« Reply #486 on: August 01, 2015, 10:58:53 PM »
>"It's a nice thought. If I'd been able to find anyone else that had the Bittercress, I'd make them the offer pretty quickly. But no one seems to have it, or the means to come up with it."

« Reply #487 on: August 01, 2015, 11:05:39 PM »
>"It's a nice thought. If I'd been able to find anyone else that had the Bittercress, I'd make them the offer pretty quickly. But no one seems to have it, or the means to come up with it."

>"Well, you're the Seeker," she says. "I'm sure if you couldn't find it, it can't be found!" Then she droops again, scuffing her foot idly on the cobblestone. "It doesn't seem fair."

« Reply #488 on: August 02, 2015, 12:42:30 AM »
>"No. It isn't fair."
>Tired sigh.
>"But at this point, that doesn't even matter. Fair or not, it's the situation I'm in. I don't have the time to waste crying about it."

« Reply #489 on: August 02, 2015, 12:45:28 AM »
>"No. It isn't fair."
>Tired sigh.
>"But at this point, that doesn't even matter. Fair or not, it's the situation I'm in. I don't have the time to waste crying about it."

>Kyouko straightens herself up and nods. "Right. So what do we do now?"

« Reply #490 on: August 02, 2015, 12:50:06 AM »
>"What I need to do is head to the Guildhall, to see if Ringo's left any messages there. Then I need to assemble what parts of the medicine I can here in town, plus the supplies I'll need for the trip."
>"And then I need to gauge my condition, to see if I need help getting back there in the first place."

« Reply #491 on: August 02, 2015, 12:58:51 AM »
>"What I need to do is head to the Guildhall, to see if Ringo's left any messages there. Then I need to assemble what parts of the medicine I can here in town, plus the supplies I'll need for the trip."
>"And then I need to gauge my condition, to see if I need help getting back there in the first place."

>"Count me in!" Kyouko says, then grins. "I'm not about to let a friend drop dead in the middle of nowhere, after all!"

« Reply #492 on: August 02, 2015, 02:17:27 AM »
>Smile. "Thank you, Kyouko."
>"But now that you know how critical time is for me, I need you to be honest with yourself. I'm going to be moving as fast as I can for days straight over rough terrain. It'd be a test of stamina for anyone. I can't afford to take anything, or anyone, that might slow me down. And I'm sorry if that sounds blunt, but that's how I have to think now. Do you think you can do that?"

« Reply #493 on: August 02, 2015, 02:21:47 AM »
>Smile. "Thank you, Kyouko."
>"But now that you know how critical time is for me, I need you to be honest with yourself. I'm going to be moving as fast as I can for days straight over rough terrain. It'd be a test of stamina for anyone. I can't afford to take anything, or anyone, that might slow me down. And I'm sorry if that sounds blunt, but that's how I have to think now. Do you think you can do that?"

>"If I can't keep up, you can leave me behind!" she says instantly.

« Reply #494 on: August 02, 2015, 02:47:34 AM »
>"And I meant what I said about you keeping your distance from Yuuka. I don't want you going near her. Once we get close enough, I go on alone."

« Reply #495 on: August 02, 2015, 03:20:42 AM »
>"And I meant what I said about you keeping your distance from Yuuka. I don't want you going near her. Once we get close enough, I go on alone."

>This sombers her expression a little. "I can keep my mouth shut if I have to."

« Reply #496 on: August 02, 2015, 03:29:49 AM »
>"Be that as it may, that won't matter to her, believe me. She'll see you as another uninvited guest. She may even do worse to you than she did me; one person was enough to her, two would irritate her that much more."
>"Besides," Smile. "I wouldn't be much of a friend if I didn't try to my friend out of danger."

« Reply #497 on: August 02, 2015, 03:37:33 AM »
>"Be that as it may, that won't matter to her, believe me. She'll see you as another uninvited guest. She may even do worse to you than she did me; one person was enough to her, two would irritate her that much more."
>"Besides," Smile. "I wouldn't be much of a friend if I didn't try to my friend out of danger."

>"I don't like you going there alone, either," she adds glumly. "But... I'll trust you. I'm sure you know what you're doing, Nazrin."

« Reply #498 on: August 03, 2015, 07:14:25 PM »
>Nice to know one of us is sure.
>"Count on it."
>Pause for just a moment, then, "And, uh, thanks, too. For being willing to go to Yuuka's for my sake."

« Reply #499 on: August 03, 2015, 07:48:10 PM »
>Nice to know one of us is sure.
>"Count on it."
>Pause for just a moment, then, "And, uh, thanks, too. For being willing to go to Yuuka's for my sake."

>You mightn't entirely share Kyouko's confidence, but it's nice to hear it, all the same.
>Kyouko smiles. "There's no way I'd abandon someone with their life on the line. That's no good at all!"

« Reply #500 on: August 03, 2015, 10:02:46 PM »
>"Do you think you'll need anything from home for the journey?"

« Reply #501 on: August 03, 2015, 10:07:36 PM »
>"Do you think you'll need anything from home for the journey?"

>"Oh, well I'll want some food," she says, putting a finger to her cheek, "and better hiking boots, and a sleeping bag, and- do you already have something to start a campfire?"

« Reply #502 on: August 03, 2015, 11:23:42 PM »
>We actually don't, do we?

« Reply #503 on: August 04, 2015, 12:17:38 AM »
>We actually don't, do we?

>You have a bunch of waterproof matches, at any rate.

« Reply #504 on: August 04, 2015, 12:23:20 AM »
>"Some matches, yeah. I'd planned on picking up some flint and tinder too, to cover my bases."

« Reply #505 on: August 04, 2015, 01:00:54 AM »
>"Some matches, yeah. I'd planned on picking up some flint and tinder too, to cover my bases."

>"Let's see, what else... a rain jacket, my canteen, some first aid supplies - just in case! Probably some gloves..." She trails off in silence for a moment, then smiles. "I'll figure out the rest when I have a look around the house!"

« Reply #506 on: August 04, 2015, 01:13:35 AM »
>Nod. "How far IS your house from here?"

« Reply #507 on: August 04, 2015, 01:44:10 AM »
>Nod. "How far IS your house from here?"

>"Don't remember where it is?" she asks with a grin. "It's, oh.... maybe an hour and a bit from here? Something like that, anyway! Down towards the south."

« Reply #508 on: August 04, 2015, 01:51:37 AM »
>Guild hall was closer, right?

« Reply #509 on: August 04, 2015, 02:04:07 AM »
>Guild hall was closer, right?

>Yes.