Author Topic: shockdude's stuff [CtC unwatermarked replays]  (Read 2709 times)

shockdude's stuff [CtC unwatermarked replays]
« on: July 07, 2014, 12:53:51 AM »
These are just a couple of small tweaks I've put together.

Concealed the Conclusion w/o the "DEMO PLAY" watermark

Replays in Concealed the Conclusion are watermarked with the text "DEMO PLAY". This is obviously undesirable, and this mod fixes that.

Instructions:
Navigate to [your Danmakufu folder]\lib\THCCL\DATA
(Optional) Rename the original "TT.dnh" to "TH_backup.dnh" or something similar.
Copy the included TT.dnh to the DATA folder.
Enjoy your replays without the watermark!

[attach=2]
Alternate Download

Danmakufu 0.12m w/o AppLocale using thcrap

One of the annoying things about Danmakufu 0.12m is having to run it through AppLocale, which is a pain to set up on modern PCs.
So I put together some files capable of launching Danmakufu without AppLocale, based on thcrap.  No installs, no phoning home, just unzip and copy-paste.
I call it thcraplocale because it kind of rhymes with AppLocale and uses thcrap.

Includes:
thcrap 2014-05-28, with an empty config file and all translation & internet related files removed. The full thcrap can be found at http://www.thpatch.net
th_dnh.exe, uncompressed. The original th_dnh.exe is compressed using UPX and so it won't work with thcrap.
A batch file for launching Danmakufu using thcrap.
A README.txt.

Instructions:
Read the README.txt for additional information.
(Recommended) In your Danmakufu folder, rename the original th_dnh.exe to something like "th_dnh_backup.exe"
Copy the "thcrap" folder, "th_dnh.exe", and "RUN.bat" into your root Danmakufu folder (that is, the same folder as th_dnh.exe).
Open "RUN.bat". Enjoy!

[attach=1]
Alternate Download

Based on a post by nmlgc a few months back. I don't remember where I found his original post, though.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2014, 03:15:35 AM by shockdude »
Playing Touhou since 18 March 2012. Playing video games since 19XX.
Normal 1CC: EoSD, PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF, SA, UFO, TD, DDC, HSiFS, CtC.
Extra 1CC: EoSD, PCB+Phantasm, IN, PoFV (K&S), MoF, SA, TD, HSiFS, CtC+Phantasm.
Hard 1CC: EoSD, PCB, IN, MoF, TD, CtC.
Lunatic 1CC: EoSD

Gamer251

• DJ FlanFlan
  • Too lazy to type long sentences.
Re: Danmakufu 0.12m w/o AppLocale using thcrap
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2014, 02:12:06 AM »
So can you make translations for the Japanese Danmakufu Games using this?
//gets slapped

Anyway, good job~ :D

"You ought to watch out, yourself. Even a high-school girl can make her own weapons these days, after all..."

Araceli Caralyz

• A mus~! oxo
  • Touhou Fan, US Army NG Veteran & NICET Certified,
    • What I am up to~
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2014, 02:29:26 PM »
Excellent work!

Just a few things, you might want to delete thcrap_tsa.dll and libpng16.dll as they are not needed to perform the applocale function; it'll trim down your distribution and it'll eliminate the possibility of it glitching out the other games when run.

Perhaps to consider providing launcher shell scripts for the linux users, as they will most likely benefit from that.

It also could be prettified if you made a fork on github and directly removed the patching functionality from the source code ( since it's not going to be used ), making for a lighter program.

All in all, a neat tool~

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2014, 04:09:16 PM »
IIRC with Linux changing locales is easy; just do "LANG=ja_JP.UTF8" or something like that before launching your program. So I don't think a special shell script for Linux is necessary.
Thanks for the information about additional files to remove. I'll test that when I get home.
I don't have a Github account and don't think a fork is entirely necessary at the moment. Maybe later though.
Extra 1CC: EoSD, PCB+Phantasm, IN, PoFV (K&S), MoF, SA, TD, HSiFS, CtC+Phantasm.

Re: shockdude's stuff [CtC unwatermarked replays]
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2014, 03:18:14 AM »
Update: found a way to remove the "DEMO PLAY" watermark from Concealed the Conclusion's replays.