Author Topic: Reimu Quest (Part 12)  (Read 33372 times)

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
Re: Reimu Quest (Part 12)
« Reply #330 on: June 27, 2014, 09:41:45 PM »
>Does this mean that Sariel followed us from the future?

> Yes.  By that point, she had left the Fallen Shrine and was getting ready to do her job, but then she sensed your presence somehow and went looking for you.  She ended up in the Dream World instead of Gensokyo by accident.  By that point, when she saw that the world wasn't completely falling apart, she figured that she must have left the shrine a bit early.  However, because the Fallen Shrine exists outside of every possible timeline, there is only one Sariel, so no time paradoxes have been created.

> Does Reimu ever find out she was an oni for a short period of time?
> Why did Reimu forget about the events of Parsee Quest?

> Probably, from Konngara, who--among many other people--didn't know how to even bring that up at first.
> Reimu spent most of Parsee Quest either unconscious or in a daze.  She was conscious and aware at the end of the quest, when Parsee had gathered people to her shrine to discuss Kikuri's fate.  She ultimately forgot about it because because of her injuries and Yukari deliberately withholding information from her because Reimu would have taken control of the situation. 
Spoiler:
At the end of Parsee Quest, Yukari had taken Kikuri's power from her, and didn't want Reimu knowing about it when she went around asking why Kikuri couldn't cause trouble any more.
  Other lack of information can be attributed to unreliable recordings and firsthand accounts of the incident; not everyone knew that Parsee had solved it and those who did and were close to Reimu either only had secondhand information about it (Satori) or were unwilling to talk in the first place (Konngara).  You can imagine how livid Parsee would be over not having formal recognition for solving an incident.

☆ Check my profile for links to my sites! ☆
[21:12] <OneLoveOnePurvis> *Black as hell and bitter as love. That is coffee.*
[17:42] <Amra> Himiko's one of the people that's really cute but sometimes art shifts into like hard jojo-style
[17:42] <Amra> as she does something out of character

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #331 on: June 27, 2014, 11:11:01 PM »
>So why was Tamiko in Dreamland?
>Did Rinnosuke ever get his flashlight back?

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #332 on: June 27, 2014, 11:15:59 PM »
>So why was Tamiko in Dreamland?
>Did Rinnosuke ever get his flashlight back?

> Possible explanations: The Dream World Tamiko wasn't the real one, but the product of the dreams of people who knew her when she was alive; The Dream World Tamiko was the real one, drifting in from the afterlife and leaving after feeling her spiritual energy growing thin (her leaving consistent with when she died in real life).
> No, Reimu still owes him for that one.

[17:42] <Amra> Himiko's one of the people that's really cute but sometimes art shifts into like hard jojo-style

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #333 on: June 27, 2014, 11:21:05 PM »
>What did happen to that poor doll we tossed in, was it Sariel?
>Did it recover?
>Why did the orb shards seem to affect people?

O4rfish

• something seems fishy
  • paranoia 4 lyfe
    • Ask an Oarfish!
« Reply #334 on: June 27, 2014, 11:22:00 PM »
How did our characterization of Reimu fit with your headcanon?
What things did we do that you weren't prepared for?
[9:49:09] <Purvis> Generally not, but your mother may be an exception.

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #335 on: June 28, 2014, 12:04:13 AM »
>What did happen to that poor doll we tossed in, was it Sariel?
>Did it recover?
>Why did the orb shards seem to affect people?

> When you tossed the doll through the hole, Sariel caught it.  When she saw that it wasn't you, she got frustrated and mangled it before tossing it back in.  Oddly enough, she didn't realize that you were within meters of her.  And yes, the doll made a full recovery thanks to Alice's dedicated care.
> The orb is designed to seal things and is naturally inclined to react to people with a lot of power.  You know what the orb is used for already, but right now I can't really say where it comes from.

How did our characterization of Reimu fit with your headcanon?
What things did we do that you weren't prepared for?

> Your characterization of Reimu was more intense than my headcanon for her.  When she was an NPC in past quests, she was confrontational and determined, but still had her share of emotional moments.  I feel like you gave her a more practical (pragmatic?) mindset, but that's probably just me.  As selfish as Sanae was acting in the quest, though, there were moments when I was disappointed in how you were treating her.
> I was unprepared for you guys storming into the Moriya Shrine when you suspected Kanako, and for how scarily efficient you'd be in dealing with Sariel (good job with that, by the way).  I also didn't anticipate you to turn on Yukari the way you did, but I can't blame you after everything she has done.
> As a side note, I didn't expect you guys to start stuffing people into Reimu's sleeves, least of all Kasen and then bringing her Underground with you.

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #336 on: June 28, 2014, 12:39:23 AM »
My only regret is that Reimu can't ever do that again. Barrier creation celebration party in Reimu's armpits!
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #337 on: June 28, 2014, 12:40:44 AM »
My only regret is that Reimu can't ever do that again. Barrier creation celebration party in Reimu's armpits!

NOOOOOOOOOO

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #338 on: June 28, 2014, 12:43:50 AM »
Ain't no party like an armpit miko party!

>BUT WHERE WAS RENGETEKI?

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #339 on: June 28, 2014, 12:47:15 AM »
Ain't no party like an armpit miko party!

>BUT WHERE WAS RENGETEKI?

noooo

> I have no idea, Mugenkan, maybe?  I didn't think about her at all during this quest hahaha

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #340 on: June 28, 2014, 12:51:37 AM »
>Were there any other leftover sealifes other than Mako in the wake of the orb cleaning?

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #341 on: June 28, 2014, 12:55:00 AM »
>Were there any other leftover sealifes other than Mako in the wake of the orb cleaning?

> Probably more than Reimu realized.  I guess I forgot about that when I was typing up the ending but there will be efforts to give them a safe and appropriate environment.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #342 on: June 28, 2014, 12:59:32 AM »
>Was that crater lake full of semi-precious stones always there, or were they post-apocalyptic outside artifacts?

« Reply #343 on: June 28, 2014, 01:01:42 AM »
> Will Layla ever get a maid of her own?

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #344 on: June 28, 2014, 01:05:24 AM »
>Was that crater lake full of semi-precious stones always there, or were they post-apocalyptic outside artifacts?

> Boringly enough, they naturally occurred there.  Any post-apocalyptic stuff would have been spread out further.  So much Outside World stuff gathering in one place only would feel ominous.

> Will Layla ever get a maid of her own?

> That depends on if the players ever feel enough sympathy to help her find one.  Any maid that would work for her would have to be able to tolerate the frankly unlivable conditions: there's no food, no running water or electricity, no plumbing, nothing to sustain living things because the only occupants are a ghost and some poltergeists.  It's kind of dilapidated, too, so cleaning it would be difficult.

« Reply #345 on: June 28, 2014, 02:37:46 AM »
> Will we ever ascertain the secret to Kasen always getting the last word in?

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #346 on: June 28, 2014, 02:55:12 AM »
> Will we ever ascertain the secret to Kasen always getting the last word in?

> It is an ancient hermit art as well as her sacred duty to butt into Reimu's affairs wherever she may be.