Author Topic: Reimu Quest (Part 7)  (Read 49981 times)

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
Re: Reimu Quest (Part 7)
« Reply #60 on: January 29, 2014, 05:38:04 PM »
>"Maybe. And at least once. We'll find out just how much she did during that little episode of hers."

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #61 on: January 29, 2014, 05:43:55 PM »
>"Maybe. And at least once. We'll find out just how much she did during that little episode of hers."

> "How are you going to do that?" Sanae asks.

> _

☆ Check my profile for links to my sites! ☆
[21:12] <OneLoveOnePurvis> *Black as hell and bitter as love. That is coffee.*
[17:42] <Amra> Himiko's one of the people that's really cute but sometimes art shifts into like hard jojo-style
[17:42] <Amra> as she does something out of character

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #62 on: January 29, 2014, 05:52:56 PM »
>"I'll get an assessment of the damages from some trustworthy people, and then we'll see what she confesses to."

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #63 on: January 29, 2014, 06:24:24 PM »
>"I'll get an assessment of the damages from some trustworthy people, and then we'll see what she confesses to."

> "I don't see how that's going to help the current situation," Suwako pipes up.

> _

[17:42] <Amra> Himiko's one of the people that's really cute but sometimes art shifts into like hard jojo-style

« Reply #64 on: January 29, 2014, 06:32:13 PM »
> "Right now she's the best suspect we have for who caused the sky to go crazy, since she messed around with the Boundary three years ago."

I just now realized we have Yukari's glove, though unless we can get Momiji to sniff her out I don't see how it'd help us.

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #65 on: January 29, 2014, 06:43:03 PM »
> "Right now she's the best suspect we have for who caused the sky to go crazy, since she messed around with the Boundary three years ago."

> "Then it'd be better to ask about the current incident...wouldn't it?" Sanae asks.

> _

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #66 on: January 29, 2014, 06:49:05 PM »
>"I'm talking about later. She broke the rules, now she has to pay."

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #67 on: January 29, 2014, 06:51:40 PM »
>"I'm talking about later. She broke the rules, now she has to pay."

> "Oh...I guess there's no stopping you, huh?" Sanae says.  Suwako looks back and forth between you two.

> _

Cheez8

• Derp Imminent
« Reply #68 on: January 29, 2014, 07:33:37 PM »
> "Look, you saw your world's Kikuri nearly kill me back when I visited, and there wasn't any sign of my soul being broken until after I went in there and woke you up. Whether or not you think she's behind the hole in the sky, that's dangerous, so you'll have to forgive me for not taking a shine to her."

...Where exactly is this conversation headed, again? It's great and all that we're talking about how much we don't trust Kikuri but it's not really getting us anywhere, except maybe on Sanae's bad side.
Someday, I'll have a clue what I'm doing.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #69 on: January 29, 2014, 07:44:59 PM »
>"I suppose it sounds kind of harsh, doesn't it? But, well, you got to remember, Gensokyo wasn't always like this. Humans and youkai didn't get along so well, not long ago. Youkai and youkai didn't even necessarily get along. It was not a good time then, not for anyone. You wouldn't have been able to be friends with your karakasa back there so easily in those days. it was an awful time. For me, it was just some years ago. And for most youkai, it was like yesterday."
>"It was spellcards that changed it. They're more than just a toy, you see? They're an important truce. They reason that they work is because everyone does it, everyone's a part of it. Everyone agrees that when you lose, you lose.  There's no dirty tricks, nothing like that. No blood, just losing. And it's important that this law is kept absolute, because it keeps faith in the system, it keeps less scrupulous people from getting ideas. Kikuri broke the rules, and she has to pay for it before someone else thinks they can break the rules too. Do you see what I mean?"

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #70 on: January 29, 2014, 11:14:15 PM »
>"I suppose it sounds kind of harsh, doesn't it? But, well, you got to remember, Gensokyo wasn't always like this. Humans and youkai didn't get along so well, not long ago. Youkai and youkai didn't even necessarily get along. It was not a good time then, not for anyone. You wouldn't have been able to be friends with your karakasa back there so easily in those days. it was an awful time. For me, it was just some years ago. And for most youkai, it was like yesterday."
>"It was spellcards that changed it. They're more than just a toy, you see? They're an important truce. They reason that they work is because everyone does it, everyone's a part of it. Everyone agrees that when you lose, you lose.  There's no dirty tricks, nothing like that. No blood, just losing. And it's important that this law is kept absolute, because it keeps faith in the system, it keeps less scrupulous people from getting ideas. Kikuri broke the rules, and she has to pay for it before someone else thinks they can break the rules too. Do you see what I mean?"

> You launch into a length explanation of why spellcards are important and needed.  Suwako watches you attentively; no doubt this is already something she knows.  Sanae, however, fidgets and looks uncomfortable.  She doesn't interrupt, however.
> When you're finished talking, she says, "When you put it that way...I guess you're right."
> The way she talks makes it sound like her sentence ends too soon, but she doesn't add anything else.  A silence falls over the room.

> _

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #71 on: January 29, 2014, 11:36:52 PM »
>Gently: "You don't like that, do you? Do you think I'm going to make the decision to deal with her on my own?"

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #72 on: January 29, 2014, 11:39:18 PM »
>Gently: "You don't like that, do you? Do you think I'm going to make the decision to deal with her on my own?"

> "...Yes."

> _

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #73 on: January 30, 2014, 12:03:30 AM »
>Shake head.
>"No. Spellcards don't just belong to me. I intend to bring others, people whose judgment can be trusted, and whose roles can't be ignored. We'll figure out what to do then. And if she tries something, she'll have to deal with all of us. I'd actually like you both to come, when it's time. She's going to pay, and we'll figure out what the price is."

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #74 on: January 30, 2014, 12:19:21 AM »
>Shake head.
>"No. Spellcards don't just belong to me. I intend to bring others, people whose judgment can be trusted, and whose roles can't be ignored. We'll figure out what to do then. And if she tries something, she'll have to deal with all of us. I'd actually like you both to come, when it's time. She's going to pay, and we'll figure out what the price is."

> Sanae says nothing.
> Suwako lets out a slow ribbit.  "As flattered as I am that you want to bring me along, I'm going to have to decline.  Leaving the shrine would mean that the young lady you saw earlier would be left to house-sitting duties, which I don't feel comfortable with yet."

> _

O4rfish

• something seems fishy
  • paranoia 4 lyfe
    • Ask an Oarfish!
« Reply #75 on: January 30, 2014, 12:21:02 AM »
>"So, you recruited a new shrine maiden already? Good."
[9:49:09] <Purvis> Generally not, but your mother may be an exception.

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #76 on: January 30, 2014, 12:34:40 AM »
>"So, you recruited a new shrine maiden already? Good."

> "Yeah!  Ribbit.  She says she's not from the Human Village, so it's not like anyone is going to miss her," Suwako says.
> "That's terrible," Sanae gasps.  "I'm sure she has friends."

> _

« Reply #77 on: January 30, 2014, 03:21:09 AM »
> "Not from the Human Village? Is she an outsider, then?"

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #78 on: January 30, 2014, 03:46:41 AM »
> "Not from the Human Village? Is she an outsider, then?"

> "She says she's from the Forest of Magic," says Suwako.

> _

« Reply #79 on: January 30, 2014, 04:04:28 AM »
> "Huh, is that right? She must be tougher than she looks if she survives that mess of a place."

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #80 on: January 30, 2014, 04:06:12 AM »
> "Huh, is that right? She must be tougher than she looks if she survives that mess of a place."

> "So she'll do just fine on Youkai Mountain," Suwako says.  Sanae sighs.

> _

« Reply #81 on: January 30, 2014, 04:14:27 AM »
> "Well, good luck with her. I'd meet up with her, except I have to see a witch about a fox now. Just let me know if you find out anything new. I'll either be at the shrine or underground at the satoris' mansion. Or at the Crater Lake, but that'll be when there's light."

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #82 on: January 30, 2014, 04:17:04 AM »
> "Well, good luck with her. I'd meet up with her, except I have to see a witch about a fox now. Just let me know if you find out anything new. I'll either be at the shrine or underground at the satoris' mansion. Or at the Crater Lake, but that'll be when there's light."

> "We'll keep you updated if you stop by," Suwako says.  "Or Sanae will go looking for you...right?"
> She gently nudges Sanae's arm.  Sanae nods.
> "Yeah."

> _

« Reply #83 on: January 30, 2014, 04:20:29 AM »
> "Then I'll look forward to your help, Sanae."

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #84 on: January 30, 2014, 04:22:51 AM »
> "Then I'll look forward to your help, Sanae."

> Sanae's mouth twitches, and after a few moments, she manages to look you in the eye.
> "Okay."

> _

« Reply #85 on: January 30, 2014, 04:33:46 AM »
> Smile back at her, then turn and walk on out, giving her a goodbye wave. "See ya soon!"
> Now to track down a witch.

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #86 on: January 30, 2014, 12:08:33 PM »
> Smile back at her, then turn and walk on out, giving her a goodbye wave. "See ya soon!"
> Now to track down a witch.

> Sanae waves back at you as you walk out of the room.
> You then walk out of the shrine, finding yourself on the front path of the Moriya Shrine.  You have to find Marisa now, but where could she be?

> _

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #87 on: January 30, 2014, 12:27:24 PM »
>Might as well head back home.

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #88 on: January 30, 2014, 02:36:49 PM »
>Might as well head back home.

> You begin the long flight back to your shrine.  You pass over forests and water, hearing and feeling nothing but the wind.  It's quiet when you finally descend upon the Hakurei Shrine grounds, with nary a soul in sight.

> _

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #89 on: January 30, 2014, 03:36:58 PM »
>Head inside.