Author Topic: (Skyseas of Gensokyo) Nazrin Quest (Part 13)  (Read 61865 times)

Re: (Skyseas of Gensokyo) Nazrin Quest (Part 13)
« Reply #750 on: June 01, 2015, 05:43:15 AM »
>"Yeah, it is that, all right. I just hope there's a quicker way back there than I took getting to this point."

« Reply #751 on: June 01, 2015, 05:45:38 AM »
>"Yeah, it is that, all right. I just hope there's a quicker way back there than I took getting to this point."

>"A straight line is the shortest distance between two points." She nods sagely.

« Reply #752 on: June 01, 2015, 05:50:35 AM »
>Okay just for fun, what does a straight line from here to Val R look like on our map?

« Reply #753 on: June 01, 2015, 05:55:54 AM »
>Okay just for fun, what does a straight line from here to Val R look like on our map?

>Your map is far too local to include Val Razua on it, but the city would be somewhere northeast of your current location, and a straight line would unquestionably take you over many miles of open sky.

« Reply #754 on: June 01, 2015, 05:56:48 AM »
>By 'open sky', that means over the edge of the island, right?

« Reply #755 on: June 01, 2015, 05:58:01 AM »
>By 'open sky', that means over the edge of the island, right?

>Yes.

« Reply #756 on: June 01, 2015, 06:19:26 AM »
>Grin. "Maybe for those of us with wings to rely on."

« Reply #757 on: June 01, 2015, 06:24:24 AM »
>Grin. "Maybe for those of us with wings to rely on."

>Grapefruit looks at you for a moment, then lets out a soft "Oh. Right."

« Reply #758 on: June 01, 2015, 06:27:51 AM »
>"Don't worry about it. I got this far. But, I'm not gonna need wings to get to Yuuka's, am I?"

« Reply #759 on: June 01, 2015, 06:31:23 AM »
>"Don't worry about it. I got this far. But, I'm not gonna need wings to get to Yuuka's, am I?"

>"Not in the slightest! ...I think."

« Reply #760 on: June 01, 2015, 07:15:34 AM »
>One bridge at a time.
>"So, how did you come by this place, anyway? Yuuka's, I mean. How'd you find it?"

« Reply #761 on: June 01, 2015, 08:35:24 PM »
>One bridge at a time.
>"So, how did you come by this place, anyway? Yuuka's, I mean. How'd you find it?"

>"While on our holy quest, we heard many rumors of the Verdant Demon and her garden - a place of great beauty and terrible danger. I saw it once from afar, but dared not draw closer."

« Reply #762 on: June 01, 2015, 11:21:37 PM »
>"Wise choice, by all accounts. But did it live up to the rumor? The beauty part, I mean."

« Reply #763 on: June 01, 2015, 11:23:19 PM »
>"Wise choice, by all accounts. But did it live up to the rumor? The beauty part, I mean."

>"I, uh... didn't get a very good look," she admits. "It was a long way away. But I'm pretty sure it was it!"

« Reply #764 on: June 02, 2015, 03:05:06 AM »
>"So, you didn't see the 'Verdant Demon' herself?"

« Reply #765 on: June 02, 2015, 03:37:41 AM »
>"So, you didn't see the 'Verdant Demon' herself?"

>"Oh no. I hear she's twenty feet tall and wrapped in thorns with maws that snap and teeth that drip acid sap! Also bees! An army of bees at her command!" Grapefruit shivers slightly. "Were I not honor-bound to help you, I should be happy never to see her myself."

« Reply #766 on: June 02, 2015, 05:39:33 AM »
>"Well don't worry. Once we get there, you don't need to get too close to it. It's my mission. Quest." How would a knight say this, uh... "Honor will have been satisfied." That'll do it.

« Reply #767 on: June 02, 2015, 05:52:54 AM »
>"Well don't worry. Once we get there, you don't need to get too close to it. It's my mission. Quest." How would a knight say this, uh... "Honor will have been satisfied." That'll do it.

>"I'm the one that decides that!" she says with a note of pride. She does look just a little bit less chipper than usual, though.

« Reply #768 on: June 02, 2015, 06:19:46 AM »
>"As you wish. You're the knight, after all."
>Look at Thelonious, "If you and your partner do get close to the place, probably best not to nibble. This demon's supposed to have a temper. And bees, apparently."

« Reply #769 on: June 02, 2015, 06:51:20 AM »
>"As you wish. You're the knight, after all."
>Look at Thelonious, "If you and your partner do get close to the place, probably best not to nibble. This demon's supposed to have a temper. And bees, apparently."

>"She's right, Thelonious. We must both be on our greatest guards once we draw near to her lair." Then she smiles abruptly. "But for now the sun is shining and the day is bright and this is no time for frowns. Just listen to the chickadees!"
>She is silent for a few moments in appreciation. "Were there time to tarry, I think this should be a grand day for a picnic, do you not agree?"

« Reply #770 on: June 02, 2015, 07:09:18 AM »
>When was the last time we had a picnic? If ever.
>Assuming it was a long time ago, if ever, chuckle quietly. "I can't even remember the last time I had a proper picnic. Not a bad idea, either." Smile. "Maybe I'll do just that when I get back home. Maybe ask Honeysuckle to join me, or Orange. Be nice to relax like that."

« Reply #771 on: June 02, 2015, 07:14:25 AM »
>When was the last time we had a picnic? If ever.
>Assuming it was a long time ago, if ever, chuckle quietly. "I can't even remember the last time I had a proper picnic. Not a bad idea, either." Smile. "Maybe I'll do just that when I get back home. Maybe ask Honeysuckle to join me, or Orange. Be nice to relax like that."

>The last time might have been on some outing during your apprenticeship, though you don't remember it distinctly. Further back, you probably haven't been on one since you left Ichirin's to join the Seekers in the first place.
>"Where do you call home?" Grapefruit asks. "If I might ask."

« Reply #772 on: June 02, 2015, 07:22:29 AM »
>"Ea- Braston. You probably wouldn't have heard of it, it's on Estval island."

« Reply #773 on: June 02, 2015, 07:25:16 AM »
>"Ea- Braston. You probably wouldn't have heard of it, it's on Estval island."

>"Ah, a far away land." Pause. "...right?"

« Reply #774 on: June 02, 2015, 07:33:23 AM »
>"Quite far. But I was lucky enough to find a fast ship in Braston to get me to Val Razua quickly, and a generous crew who were willing to help once I told them what was at stake. I owe them, big time."

« Reply #775 on: June 02, 2015, 08:21:06 AM »
>"Quite far. But I was lucky enough to find a fast ship in Braston to get me to Val Razua quickly, and a generous crew who were willing to help once I told them what was at stake. I owe them, big time."

>"Generous souls," she says approvingly. "Though you shall owe me nothing for any of this; I am only happy to render aid! ...though if you do know anything about the location of the Overgoat, I would be indebted to hear of it," she adds.

« Reply #776 on: June 02, 2015, 07:49:57 PM »
>Gonna go out on a limb here and think that we've never heard of that before today, have we?

« Reply #777 on: June 03, 2015, 04:32:30 AM »
>Gonna go out on a limb here and think that we've never heard of that before today, have we?

>Aside from Grapefruit's initial mention of it, you have literally no idea what she's talking about.

« Reply #778 on: June 03, 2015, 05:28:07 AM »
>"Afraid that's one legend that I haven't heard about."

« Reply #779 on: June 03, 2015, 06:20:32 AM »
>"Afraid that's one legend that I haven't heard about."

>She lets out a small sigh. "Unsurprising. It is not a widely known thing, though of great importance to my house. Others have searched in vain for many years, but we shall persevere."