Author Topic: Yukari Quest IV - A Z-Machine Adventure  (Read 58386 times)

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
Re: Yukari Quest IV - A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #990 on: March 23, 2014, 05:47:12 AM »
>"Try not to step on anything important and have a look around for anything of note to someone of our newfound size."
>Do the same.

>"I think I better stay here," says Maribel. "It looks like walking on all this stuff would be like walking through a bed of thorns."
>Looking around the immediate area, you don't see anything of note.

>_

« Reply #991 on: March 23, 2014, 08:23:57 AM »
>Does the rocky wasteland look like it would be easy enough to walk around on?

O4rfish

• something seems fishy
  • paranoia 4 lyfe
    • Ask an Oarfish!
« Reply #992 on: March 23, 2014, 02:41:28 PM »
>What would be the effects of passing something through a size-changing gap multiple times? Particularly something alive, or perhaps a piece of Prime Material.
[9:49:09] <Purvis> Generally not, but your mother may be an exception.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #993 on: March 23, 2014, 03:32:13 PM »
>Does the rocky wasteland look like it would be easy enough to walk around on?

>It looks like it would be kind of a pain to walk through, but you could likely do it.

>What would be the effects of passing something through a size-changing gap multiple times? Particularly something alive, or perhaps a piece of Prime Material.

>That's an excellent question. You imagine it would be hard to do too much, as one side of the gap is only a couple yards tall.

>_

« Reply #994 on: March 23, 2014, 06:26:23 PM »
>"I'm going to go have a look around the edge of this forest, would you like to come with me?"
>Open a gap to the edge of the badlands.

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #995 on: March 23, 2014, 08:43:20 PM »
Idea: Leave Mary here and return through the enlarging gap. Once we're normal size again, we can seek her out and determine where we are right now.
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #996 on: March 23, 2014, 08:48:54 PM »
>"I'm going to go have a look around the edge of this forest, would you like to come with me?"
>Open a gap to the edge of the badlands.

>"I think I better stay here, I'd just slow you down," says Maribel.
>You attempt to open a gap, but can't quite find a solid enough anchor among the loose borders to make one large enough to accommodate you. It simply falls apart under its own metaphorical weight.

>_

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #997 on: March 23, 2014, 09:55:51 PM »
>That's understandable at our current size, it'd be monolithic.
>"I'll try not to be too long."
>Proceed to walk carefully to the rocky badland; to minimize land damage, take long steps, and look where we're walking to try not to step on something that seems important.
>For that matter, keep an eye out for anything interesting we might want to visit at a smaller size, later.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #998 on: March 23, 2014, 10:22:03 PM »
>That's understandable at our current size, it'd be monolithic.
>"I'll try not to be too long."
>Proceed to walk carefully to the rocky badland; to minimize land damage, take long steps, and look where we're walking to try not to step on something that seems important.
>For that matter, keep an eye out for anything interesting we might want to visit at a smaller size, later.

>"Well, at least you'll be easy to keep track of!" says Maribel, as she starts clearing away some of the underbrush, then has a seat on the ground, her head still above the trees.
>You make your way toward the badlands, which you suppose is actually the mountain range that rings this land, now that you consider it. The going is not easy, the forest is thick and you have to work your way around the trees and stay mindful of the underbrush. Still, even with all that, the sheer amount of space you can cover with a stride makes travel surprisingly quick, taking no more than fifteen or so minutes to cover a few miles of distance. Along the way, you don't notice anything particularly interesting; just a brook that you imagine feeds into the larger stream you followed beforehand. However, with the trees as dense as they are, you imagine it would be quite easy to walk past something of interest.
>Approaching the mountains, you can see that most of them are about as tall as you are; though some as a low as chest height, and others are high enough that you would have to stand on your tiptoes to reach their summit. All of them are tall and column-like, reminding you of some of China's more famous ranges. The trees thin out near the foot of the mountains, making travel much easier.  There should be room enough to maneuver between them, but the going may be tight in places.

>_

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #999 on: March 23, 2014, 10:27:51 PM »
> Take a closer look at the mountains.  Is there anything of interest on them?

☆ Check my profile for links to my sites! ☆
[21:12] <OneLoveOnePurvis> *Black as hell and bitter as love. That is coffee.*
[17:42] <Amra> Himiko's one of the people that's really cute but sometimes art shifts into like hard jojo-style
[17:42] <Amra> as she does something out of character

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #1000 on: March 23, 2014, 10:30:59 PM »
> Take a closer look at the mountains.  Is there anything of interest on them?

>You stare at the mountains, and the mountains stare back. You take 10 spooky damage.