Author Topic: AMiPaNi - Anyone played this yet?  (Read 5009 times)

Darth_Sirov

• Gensou Rounin
  • Profile Loading... Please Wait Warmly.
AMiPaNi - Anyone played this yet?
« on: October 09, 2013, 11:03:51 AM »
This is Desunoya's newest game, a Super Mario-esque game where you use either Alice, Marisa, Patchouli and Nitori (hence the title capitalization). Each character has a slightly different function of movement & attack, the goal is to get to the end of the map (typical). An interesting addition is the Netplay where you and 3 other players can simultaneously play around (though I haven't tried it myself).

Re: AMiPaNi - Anyone played this yet?
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2013, 02:20:56 PM »
yes, I played it

Actually I don't like Mario-Style JnR, but since it was from desunoya I gave it a shot, and it's actually pretty fun
Since I have noone to play with, I play alone, and I'm not sure if things would be easier if you play with 4 players

I prefer to play with Marisa, since she's quick and her broom is really helpful
Patchouli's spells are awesome, AFAIK she has two spells, but she is much too slow, and she is so light and difficult to maneuver, IMO
Nitori's extending arm is useful, but I rather stick to Marisa
And Alice's dolls are just useless, sorry Alice

Again, maybe it would be easier to play with 4 ppl

Even though it was fun I quit to play it, because I just couldn't beat a boss
Spoiler:
Yoshika, even though she's not the world end boss, is so difficult
She is like the first real boss-BATTLE

Also, I dunno what happens when u collect all books in one world
Since one book in world one was really too difficult
(You must jump on three fairies, which are in a vertical formation, in order to get the book)
I mean, why making it so difficult, it's only world one
And in other stages the books were sometimes REALLY easy to get, while in some stages I didn't even find the book

All in all, a good and fun game, but well, I kinda gave up
(but I never finished even one desunoya game yet, except Nitroid (no extra stage) but also with cheating  :D)
Maybe I'll try it again in the future
and hopefully desunoya's next game will be more puzzle-based again
Like the MarisaAndAlice-games, or my first and favorite game of desunoya, Nitroid
(though guru guru suika is crap, just mentioning)
Please donate, so I can make more of NoR-Wiki or other stuff.
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=R5D8A2CTMEWMJ Click here to donate (USD)
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=A3498RT3XLXL8 Click here to donate (EUR)
Thanks people.

Darth_Sirov

• Gensou Rounin
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2013, 07:12:31 PM »
I love Nitroid, so it was kind of easy for me to work around here. I did find some of the hard to reach books... the question is how to obtain them. I've collected all W-1 books, missed 2-3 books each other world.

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2013, 05:23:45 PM »
So is it neccesary to use all characters, or can I just play the whole game w/ Marisa alone?
(I mean in order to get all books)
Please donate, so I can make more of NoR-Wiki or other stuff.
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=R5D8A2CTMEWMJ Click here to donate (USD)
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=A3498RT3XLXL8 Click here to donate (EUR)
Thanks people.

Darth_Sirov

• Gensou Rounin
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2013, 04:35:43 AM »
I got all except 1 using Marisa. The one I can't get, I had to use Patchy.

Thata no Guykoro

• I ran out of good lines a while ago
  • It alllll makes sense now
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2013, 02:10:41 AM »
As far as I know, collecting all the books in the first five worlds unlocks the Extra world, which was added in as of the latest couple of patches.

Sungho

• Custom Title
  • Personal Text
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2013, 03:10:40 AM »
Changelog of version 1.06 mentions that collecting 30 grimoires will unlock Extra Stage.
Signature

Darth_Sirov

• Gensou Rounin
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2013, 04:59:51 AM »
Haven't updated it yet, explains why I haven't unlocked it. I was kind of expecting that anyway. Thanks for the heads up.

After Downloading, and tried Extra World 1 - "Man, this feels like Nitroid's World 5"... this is going to take a lot of lives and retries.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2013, 05:53:02 AM by Darth_Sirov »

« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2013, 06:25:35 AM »
Just gonna say, I've played co-op, and here's what I've observed about the characters in that:

Marisa - My personal choice. Really good for making long jumps the other chars can't make. In fact, her special can help the other characters over gaps since it has a constant pushing effect. This, of course, under different conditions, can also end up sweeping the other players off the edge and into oblivion. Also, swag walk.

Patchouli - In addition to how floaty she is, her "spin" jump (pressing jump while in the air) actually gives her a little extra jump height, making her the highest jumper. Also, she's the only character who can attack upwards, letting her deal with foes shooting bullets at you from above. Of course, her shots do contact and push the other players, so you've gotta be wary of that. Oddly, her upwards shot only pushes left and right, which is kind of a shame.

Nitori - That extending arm. Really good for quickly taking out foes in front (Patchy's shot is kinda slow). Even though it retracts when it hits an enemy, it will still do damage to anything that touches it on the return trip. Do note that the extending arm WILL contact players, and additionally drag them back towards Nitori.

Alice - The most defensive and least intrusive character. Since she can only block bullets, her ability is more useful in the later worlds and during boss fights. When initially activating her ability, any players inside the bounds of the shield are actually pushed out. This isn't a constant push though, and players can enter the shield at any time after its activation. The only place where this would be an issue is on 1-tile-wide platforms. But yeah, due to the very limited range on her ability, she's the least likely to shove the other players into a pit, and is thusly the least likely to draw aggrivation from the other players.

Anyways, I'll just put this here:
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLoUS23R3h5anXi1FAwm9MQHKCfIZw4Fkz

Darth_Sirov

• Gensou Rounin
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2013, 10:07:26 AM »
Thanks for the tips, also new patches made Marisa even more useful... her dash can now kill enemies.

Still figuring how to work on Extra World stages, so difficult and no visible way to get the books.

Update: At Stage 5, got 2 out of 5 (very hard). Some levels seems like slow and steady would be better, too much dakka... may need Alice

Ok, Stage 7 done... still 2 books.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2013, 04:40:01 PM by Darth_Sirov »

« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2013, 08:20:14 AM »
to whoever collected all the books:

how do you get the book from 2-2 (1st mini boss fight)
i try patchy and wait for the fairy to rise but the timing is very strict so i cant reach the book. is there a hidden blocks or something?

another book from 4-? (1st mini boss fight, a stage with many doors)
and another book from 4-? ( a stage after this(?) ) where i can see 3 unreachable wooden platform  and a fairy that aims to you while moving)
is there a secret door or something?

and after that stage i can open the game... now i cant play this anymore....

Darth_Sirov

• Gensou Rounin
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2013, 10:12:42 AM »
Let me see:

Spoiler:
2-2, use the springs. I tried many times with Marisa that way, but to no avail, Patchy bounces higher and you can use her float to get into proper position.

4-4, there's a hidden bounce block at the end of the doors, run towards it and you'll bounce there.

4-5, is that the one where said block moves right, up and left after pressing the buttons? I recall using the FOE, make it hit a wall while platform moves up and it won't fall off, you can use it to bounce higher into an unreachable platform on the left hand side into a book.

« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2013, 11:45:34 AM »
thanks i will look for the spring and a hidden springs.....
but the other book is the one before 4-5 i will try it by using patchouli if i dont get a dont send error report

thanks

« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2013, 06:29:04 AM »
now i cleared it but how to get the books from 4-3, 5-1 5-last and 5-before-the-last?

also the springs in 2-3 (first boss fight) is not high enough to reach the book by any character

Darth_Sirov

• Gensou Rounin
« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2013, 08:07:08 AM »
now i cleared it but how to get the books from 4-3, 5-1 5-last and 5-before-the-last?

also the springs in 2-3 (first boss fight) is not high enough to reach the book by any character

Made a mistake on 2-2. I used a diagonal dash on an FOE so I will have momentum to fly as Patchy.

Spoiler:
4-3 requires the use of the 3 chasing fairies to bounce up towards that thin rope platform. You need all 3.

5-1: Drag the 3 chasing fairies back to the part with the rising gate, go above it. You'll only need 1 here

5-8 (2nd to last): activate all 3 block colors (the blue you can use a zipping fairy to boost you up). When you reached near the end with the yellow block wall, go up and follow the path.

5-9, that's the one with the rising stage? When you reach the moving platforms just before the electric FOE, get on top of the 1st "star" block, then when you see the book, jump towards the FOE and adjust to bounce towards it. Keep retrying until you get the correct angle. With Marisa, you can easily dash back and quickly get back on track.

Also don't ask me with regards to EX-stages, I only manage to get 3.

Was able to get 2 more (had to use Nitori in 1, Patchy in another). Tip: Patchy can rush and float further if you use a diagonal dash to gain momentum.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2013, 10:25:30 AM by Darth_Sirov »

Darth_Sirov

• Gensou Rounin
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2013, 03:35:20 PM »
Ok, it's official, I finished and collected all the books.

« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2013, 09:01:15 AM »
i didnt know about the downward dash.....

well that makes my run more faster thanks!

i will ask another question if i get a new patch

Darth_Sirov

• Gensou Rounin
« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2013, 12:17:12 PM »
Fine by me, I'll be here if you need help. Still looking for other games.

« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2013, 02:12:54 PM »
So yeah, we finally got around to beating extra world. Turns out, respawning is the most broken mechanic in existance, as it lets you clip into and through blocks. You know those stages that taunt you with the goal, expecting you to do some rediculous thing to get to it (such as extra stage 2)? Yeah, suck it game.

Anyways, I'll get the videos on that up eventually... though, I'm not sure what all to do about the parts where we were collectively ramming our heads against the level for approximately 5 years (hello part 1 of extra stage 7). Oh, and there were also horrific lag spikes (which directly affected the FPS) that probably desynced the audio to all hell, so that'll be fun to work with.

And on an unrelated note, I just noticed that the name of the game is misspelled in the title of this thread. Never heard of someone named "Mi"risa before. :P

Cheez8

• Derp Imminent
« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2013, 12:57:44 AM »
Just played through this myself a few days ago. It was pretty fun, and the extra world was a lot easier than I was expecting it to be. The only thing that really gave me the sort of trouble I had come to expect from Desunoya's extra worlds was getting the book in EX-6. I don't care whether or not I was going about getting that one the wrong way- that book ramped the difficulty up much higher than it had any business being.

...which I suppose is to be expected, but it just felt out of place with all the other extra stages and their books being so much easier by comparison. Ah well, since collecting it doesn't really do anything at that point, I suppose I've got no reason to complain.
Someday, I'll have a clue what I'm doing.

Darth_Sirov

• Gensou Rounin
« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2013, 05:23:05 PM »
EX-6,
Spoiler:
is that the one with the slow moving platform on the 1st half and ice blocks on the 2nd half? I used Nitori for that, climb back up quickly, fire off an arm. If it doesn't reach, try again from the bottom as the blocks would already be closed and you trapped inside.

Yeah, I made a mistake on the spelling and didn't try to change it.

Cheez8

• Derp Imminent
« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2013, 06:03:47 PM »
That's the one.
Spoiler:
I used Marisa's broom to get it, though I guess Nitori would be a little safer... Not much though. You'd still have to do the part that I just couldn't manage, which was getting all the way down the ice block shaft without taking more than one hit. That was what was ridiculous to me. I only died about two or three times while actually trying to grab the book itself.
Someday, I'll have a clue what I'm doing.