Author Topic: What Will You Fight For - Let's Play Final Fantasy IV: The Complete Collection!  (Read 4205 times)

Validon98

• Deathguard Night Sparrow
  • Harbingers, yo.
Well, as I work on FFI and FFII (trust me, I have worked on them, it's just a matter of updating), I think I can work on one other project that isn't too huge. And so I thought of a few choices. These I've already mentioned in the Valkyrie Profile thread, but I will list them again here:

Final Fantasy III (NES or DS)
Final Fantasy IV: The Complete Collection
Final Fantasy V Advance (Normal or Custom Classes, but I am leaning towards Normal because I don't want a "lol the mod unbalanced the game" situation again)
Touhou Mother

I almost thought of putting a Touhoumon thing on this list, but, uh, seeing as there is supposed to be a Touhoumon thing going on from Ikari, Hinacle, and Al, uh... *looks over at them slightly worried they will never finish*

But anyways, that's it for now. You might wonder "where's Final Fantasy VI," but I'm holding off on that because I haven't really played it that much and to go into it would be more or less a mess of blind play.
There's already a current vote for Touhou Mother right now, so it has a slight advantage. Just like with the FFI thread, I'll update the title of this thread to reflect the LP you guys vote for.
And again, sorry for Valkyrie Profile. ;~;

CURRENT VOTING:
Touhou Mother: 2
Final Fantasy V: 1
Final Fantasy III DS: 1
Final Fantasy IV: 4
« Last Edit: July 20, 2013, 12:04:03 AM by Validon98 »
Derping at Touhou since June 2012, derping at RPing Touhou since Feburary 2013.

Devil of Decline Partial English Gameplay Patch!
Let's Play Nightmare of Rebellion!

Kingault

• Insert witty description here.
Re: It's LP Voting Time Again!
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2013, 02:20:36 AM »
Actually, FFIII DS.
I never actually finished that, myself.

Nevermind, FF IV.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2013, 07:15:58 PM by Kingault »

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2013, 02:22:03 AM »
FFV, but only if you're going to do the bonus dungeon in the GBA version exclusive postgame.
Otherwise FF3DS because  :3

Validon98

• Harbingers, yo.
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2013, 02:34:39 AM »
If I do do FFV, I will attempt the Sealed Temple. I'm not sure if I will BEAT it, but I will attempt it. So I will count that as a vote for FFV.
Also, for you guys who want to see FFIII DS, which of these two screenshot formats would you prefer?

This, or...

This? The first one is more like a normal DS but seeing as I will always have both screens active, the bottom one will sometimes be black, so it wastes vertical space. The second type doesn't do that, but it breaks up the screens. I personally like the second one, but it's your choice, people who want to see FFIII.

EDIT: @Kingault: Neither have I, for that matter. It'd be mostly blind too, up to the Fire Crystal. ^^;
« Last Edit: July 19, 2013, 02:36:48 AM by Validon98 »

Kingault

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2013, 02:45:23 AM »
I never got the... Earth Crystal? I think?
I forget, I'm up to the part right after meeting Doga or whatever his name is.

Personally, I'd prefer the first one, but I'll go with the second one, to save space.

« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2013, 03:47:31 AM »
I almost thought of putting a Touhoumon thing on this list, but, uh, seeing as there is supposed to be a Touhoumon thing going on from Ikari, Hinacle, and Al, uh... *looks over at them slightly worried they will never finish*

I have an update for that! I'm just... not motivated to post it because it came out badly. :V

Also voting for FF3 DS since I love it a lot.

AnonymousPondScum

« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2013, 03:53:45 AM »
Voting for FF4 Advance because of KAIN MOTHERFUCKING HIGHWIND.

« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2013, 04:44:27 PM »
I'd say FFIV Advance (or the PSP version if you can , it has better sprites), because "" You spoony bard!"

Validon98

• Harbingers, yo.
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2013, 06:03:12 PM »
With the Complete Collection, I can potentially do it. The problem is making sure that it actually emulates properly. Apparently PPSSPP doesn't like running game music, but I'll look into fixing that/trying another emulator. If I end up doing it, are people interesting in seeing the After Years as well, even though I haven't completely finished it?

EDIT: By the way the emulator I'm going to test in a bit is jpcsp. Apparently that one is better than PPSSPP, but then again I don't know much about emulating more recent systems.
BTW I own the Complete Collection anyways. I just thought emulating the Advance version would be simpler. We'll see.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2013, 06:07:15 PM by Validon98 »

Kingault

« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2013, 07:16:46 PM »
Actually, is it all right if I changed my vote to FF IV? I think that game would be better to LP first due to having more involved main characters, and a bigger cast.
Also, Rubicante.

Sahgren

« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2013, 07:45:01 PM »
Tossing in a vote for Touhou Mother. You can never have enough Touhou.

Validon98

• Harbingers, yo.
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2013, 09:36:11 PM »
Got PPSSPP to not be all glitched up with the graphics and the sound works perfectly. So I am completely capable of playing the PSP version of Final Fantasy IV. So for anyone who voted for that, know that I will be playing the PSP version if that wins.

Validon98

• Harbingers, yo.
« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2013, 12:01:28 AM »
FFIV got another vote offscreen from Yugian. Guys, I don't know about you, but at this point, I think I'm ready to call it. So, without further ado, we'll be doing Final Fantasy IV: The Complete Collection! Following that, due to its popularity, I will, if I have enough time between now and Nightmare of Rebellion, be doing Touhou Mother!
Intro stuff will come later, I'm kind of busy right now. Along with that will come the prologue update of FFII. Yeah, slacking, I know. I've been busy! ^^;

Validon98

• Harbingers, yo.
My internet is being slow as fuck for no apparent reason, but nevertheless intro time!

Yes everyone, welcome to Final Fantasy IV: The Complete Collection! This is the PSP version of Final Fantasy IV and Final Fantasy IV: The After Years along with a special new Final Fantasy IV: Interlude, which bridges the gap between the two games somewhat.
I'm sure everyone knows the basic history of the game by now. Square had developed Final Fantasy II and III and never released them in America, but they decided to release Final Fantasy IV in America as Final Fantasy II because they thought everyone would be confused by the lack of a II and a III if they skipped. Of course, they would skip from "III" for Final Fantasy VI to Final Fantasy VII, but that's another story.
The game has seen various rereleases, including the Easy Type version, the Advance version, the DS version, and of course the PSP version. A warning: The DS version is substantially different from the other versions of the game, so don't just get it thinking it'll be just like the original SNES version, because it definitely isn't.
As for what we can do in the Complete Collection, well...

We can choose to play either of the three games (more like two and a fifth, but the Interlude has a decent amount of content), change between the Original SNES music and the Arranged DS music, and look at a gallery that shows some special illustrations along with having all of the game's music. Of course, we're going to play...

The original Final Fantasy IV first. I am only planning on doing Final Fantasy IV itself unless you guys really want to see the Interlude and The After Years right afterwards. So, that's basically it for now. I don't really have much else to say on the game. I'll maybe post an update in the next couple of days, who knows.

"One born of a dragon
Bearing darkness and light,
Shall rise to the heavens
Over the still land.
The moon's light eternal
Brings a promise to Earth
With bounty and grace."

Validon98

• Harbingers, yo.
You know what happens when you start reading Umineko no Naku Koro ni? You get distracted. And then you get disturbed. And then you get excited. And then you get disturbed again. And then you realize "holy fuck, I should be updating an LP now!"
Of course, that last one applies to me a bit more, heh. ^^;

Prologue- Oh Captain, My Captain!

No "let's name our party members" right now, because we can't do so until later. We're going right to the action.

Whoa, an airship fleet! Looks like airships are more popular here. Also we get a rather ominious yet nevertheless epic theme here.

We returning home or something?

Something on your mind, Cecil?

No, really?

Um... what did you do?

Whoa whoa whoa, what?! Okay, so we're the bad guys. That's an interesting mixup.

Flashbaaaaaaaaaack.

Well these guys are screwed.

So we took a Crystal, huh? Are they... important or something?

Strange... why are you guys doing this, then?

Uh, Cecil...

Well, he looks upset, but I'm not sure how he really feels about the whole situation.

Why?

Wasn't it prospering before? After all, you have an airship fleet. Come on now.

"Knew too much?" They're Crystals! In Final Fantasy traditionally without them the world is going to hell. I don't think they would have pulled anything if they are as innocent as the soldiers say they are.

Do I sense hesitation? I'm not sure you're convinced.

Leave him. He has his own thoughts to deal with.

Oh crap.

You know, normally we can't run into monsters on an airship. >_>;

You're not even aiming those cannons! How can you expect to hit anything?

Thankfully Cecil has a Red Fang to kill these guys off.

I don't think so. He's kind of lying down on the ground...

Damn!

Or you can go for the full word.

Let's throw this!

HOLY CRAP SCREWED UP GRAPHICS. Seriously though, there will be a few messed up graphics because I'm using an emulator.

The airship looks a lot worse than I figured it would by now.

Okay, good. We're not having any losses yet!

Hmm... that's not good. Usually when a lot of monsters show up at once bad things are sure to follow.

Perhaps. If so we've been pretty naughty, haven't we?

Hey, we're home!

Here we are, right next to... a desert. Perhaps we need whichever Crystal in order to drive that back?

Yuuuup. Also Baron Castle has a theme. It's iconic and such. And cheerful to some extent.

Indeed they were... I wonder what would have happened had they did. War? Perhaps. Although, Mysidia seems like one of those out-of-the-way places, not some major country.

Well, it's not like they were doing anything WRONG with the Crystal. We kind of just came in and stole it.

Baigan leads us through the castle. We will get that treasure on the right at some point!

Look, Baigan, I know you're probably a higher-up, but, uh, we're kind of the Captain of the Red Wings. I assume that means something, you know, important.

"Clearly?" He just said that the Mysidians didn't fight back. Geez, treacherous bastard...

Okay, so it looks like we've got a jerk on the throne. I hate dealing with this kind of person.

*sigh* I have a bad feeling about this, as cliche as it sounds.

Yeah, we totally want to fi- I mean reward you for your work!

That's abrupt and somewhat rude, Your Majesty.

Ah, the Water Crystal? Maybe my desert theory isn't far off?

Oh, you're not going to fire him after all? Well, uh, thank you.

You're hesitating again, Cecil. You okay?

I love how before this when he calls them they spin around in confusion.
Anyways, yeah, what do you want with the Crystals anyhow?

Yeah... they've been really against everything we've done.

I don't think so. It's his men too.

Yeah, come on, he's probably one of your top men! Surely he can know about your intentions.

Hey hey hey, you're jumping to conclusions!

Seriously!?

And we have special cutscene music for this. Just wait a damn minute here...

So you fire us, but you have a job for us? I figure you'd just kick us out of the castle...

Err, no problem, I guess.

Fine, we'll do it.

Who're you?

Well, if by "no wrong" you mean "kill a bunch of innocent people by orders of the king," then, err, I guess?

Well excuse me!

Well excuse me! Again!

Fine, fine...

And we get the Carnelian Signet. We'll make sure to drop this off at Mist, I guess.

Afterwards, well, looks like we're stuck with this delivery job, eh?

Hopefully. He seemed pretty damn mad, though...

You sure? He might still think Cecil is against him, though.

Okay, thank you, Kain. At this point, I'm going to cut the update here. Next time we'll take a look around Baron before heading out for Mist in order to drop off the Carnelian Signet.

Also, I will be changing everyone's names in this run to, once again, one of you guys who have been so nice as to read my LPs. Or just people I've seen around here, even if you haven't read my LPs. I already have a name change in mind for Cecil, but who should I change Kain to? That is what we'll figure out by next time, hopefully.