Author Topic: Call for Danmakufu wiki janitors!  (Read 2799 times)

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
Call for Danmakufu wiki janitors!
« on: October 21, 2012, 08:31:45 PM »
As most of you probably know we've had a wiki (http://dmf.shrinemaiden.org) for Danmakufu and other useful information for quite some time now.  It has been suffering from neglect though and this makes me sad :(

I took the time to clean things up, delete all the spam and flush out accounts, and fixed things up.  I'd like to prevent this from happening again, as well as see an expansion of the wiki in both scope and usefulness.  So I'm putting a call out for janitors to steward the wiki.

Your responsibilities first and foremost would be to monitor for any spam or malicious edits.  You will be given powers to block any malicious accounts, delete spam pages and rollback any vandalism.  Along with patrolling for disruptive behaviors, your other main responsibility will be to wikify any and all useful information and resources and other tidbits so that others can easily locate and use them. 

A wiki is only as good as the content within it, and our community prides itself on being a hub of fan creations.  We need to leverage not only our creations, but the knowledge used so that others can experience the fun and joy of having created something for a fandom we all share and love.

Please either PM me or Blargel or Helepolis if you wish to volunteer.  You do not have to be a veteran or a long standing member or have created thousands of scripts in order to qualify.  We will of course vet you, but don't think just because you're new or relatively unknown you can't ask to help.

If you have any questions about the position please feel free to ask here or ask me in private.  Let's keep MotK awesome together!

Twitter: @hipsterfont | Discord: helvetica#0573 | LINE: hipsterfont

He thought that on that same day he was to take the city of Priam, but he little knew what was in the mind of Jove, who had many another hard-fought fight in store alike for Danaans and Trojans."

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
Re: Call for Danmakufu wiki janitors!
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2012, 09:13:19 AM »
SPEAR THE GUNGNIR (pinning it as sticky).

I wish I could devote time to help/lead but I cannot maintain my own webpage/space/thing. (finding a job is suffering)

Blargel

• RAWR!
  • I'M AN ANGRY LOLI!
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2012, 11:57:30 PM »
A big thanks for helvetica for doing all of this!

Until recently, no one in our current active community of Danmakufu users was able to do any janitorial work on the wiki because all the old admins for it disappeared, which caused it to fall into disuse (for the most part).  For now, I've taken up patrolling the edits to make sure we no longer get spammed by bots, but if we start getting more contributions to the wiki, it'll be difficult for just me to look over all the edits so please do let us know if you're interested in helping out.
<WorkingKeine> when i get home i just go to the ps3 and beat people up in blazblue with a loli
<Azure> Keine: Danmakufu helper by day, violent loli by night.

Kenta Kurodani

• That guy from IRC
  • Don't mind me, I'm no threat to your high scores
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2012, 04:38:09 PM »
I would be willing, I run a wiki of my own (though it gets no attention >_>) so I know how to work it.

Blargel

• RAWR!
  • I'M AN ANGRY LOLI!
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2012, 08:55:42 AM »
Sorry Drevan but we now have myself and two others keeping the wiki clean so I don't think we need anyone else. There aren't many edits happening so it's mostly just a bit of bot vandalism every now and then. If activity picks up in the future and you're still around, I'll add you to the wiki staff.
<WorkingKeine> when i get home i just go to the ps3 and beat people up in blazblue with a loli

« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2013, 05:28:51 PM »
So guys, how about that "ph3 is now at pre10 and the wiki's main page is only updated up to pre8"?

Blargel

• RAWR!
  • I'M AN ANGRY LOLI!
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2013, 07:08:13 PM »
The main page was protected so that only administrators and the like are allowed to edit it. However, I'm not following the news so I rely on other people telling me that new things are out. If you notice something out of date on the front page, feel free to PM me. If there's something out of date or incorrect on other pages though, please do sign up for the wiki and correct it yourself. More people working on it means more eyes watching out for mistakes and updates.