Author Topic: (Skyseas of Gensokyo) Nazrin Quest (Part 12)  (Read 44590 times)

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
Re: (Skyseas of Gensokyo) Nazrin Quest (Part 12)
« Reply #540 on: April 25, 2013, 03:05:46 PM »
>Check the clock for Elixirs
>Presuming a proper map is found, assess it for quality.

« Reply #541 on: April 26, 2013, 03:43:18 AM »
>Quality assessment of wabbit booty.
>Status of dust allergy.
>Pick up pots and throw them until we acquire map and ten rupees.

>While Sachi leans in to shift another box, you throw a subtle glance across her tush. Though the rabbit's skirt isn't exactly form-fitting, gravity assists in outlining the form of a pert, if not ample, rear flanking her puffy cottontail. You'd give it a B+.
>Most of the dust in the room is metaphorical, you think; it actually seems to be kept in decent order. Not that you'd let a little dust (or a even a lot) get in your way.

>You grab the nearest jar and hurl it against the wall. And then another, and another. Pens and paperclips and colorful baubles explode like bursts of angular confetti.
>"Always thought that thing was tacky," Sachi says as a piece of striped pottery is reduced to shards, then gives you a thumbs up. "Good job! 'course, the damn thing will probably have reassembled itself by the next time someone comes up here. Stupid enchanted jars."

>Begin map-search.
>Check the clock for Elixirs
>Presuming a proper map is found, assess it for quality.

>You decide to help the rabbit in her search, pulling your eyes away from her rear and casting them across the multifarious contents of the storeroom instead. Much of it is bog-standard supplies, be they for clerical, carpentry, or adventuring work, though the presence of certain other things in more inscrutable - a trio of rubber balls in a labelled wooden tray, for example. There is even a small but rather ornate wooden clock, for some reason; it rattles slightly as you pick it up. Frowning slightly, you give it a gentle shake - there's definitely something loose inside, and oddly heavy-sounding for a piece of clockwork, you think.
>"Ah, here they are," Sachi says, pulling a long flat box from the shelf. She slides a tie off and flips the top open to reveal a sizable bundle of rolled and folded maps, some other them rather yellowed or worn, though not all. "Knock yourself out."

>You put the clock down again to go investigate the maps. There is a modicum of organization to how they are piled into the box, though it takes a few moments to deduce what it is. The city is the most extensively covered by this collection, though most of the map don't compare to the quality of the large ones you examined at the library. Then there are a few of the whole country and neighbouring nations, and detailed maps of several smaller locales in no particular pattern; they vary considerably in age and condition.
>"These are all technically Guild property," Sachi says, "So technically you're only supposed to borrow them, and even that's a royal pain at times. But I'm not gonna say anything if a couple of them never end up back here again."

>While not looking entirely promising at first, your perusal eventually turns up a map of Isir's Cross area that extends beyond just the immediate settlement. It is neither as large nor as close-scale as the library's, but given the sketchiness of the geography at the further extent even on the larger map, you're not sure it matters. This one is also a little rumpled, but it's not like a mint condition map would survive a half-week hike without ending up in as bad a state or worse.

« Reply #542 on: April 26, 2013, 05:37:33 AM »
>Hmmm.
>Sweep the area casually with our treasure sense.

>Does this map provide sufficient details to be useful to us?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #543 on: April 26, 2013, 05:48:14 AM »
Take it to the map shop and compare, I say! We might find a better one there, or a more detailed one we can crib some data from discretely.

« Reply #544 on: April 26, 2013, 06:00:38 AM »
>Hmmm.
>Sweep the area casually with our treasure sense.

>Does this map provide sufficient details to be useful to us?

>Tuning in a little closer to your treasure sense, you suspect there are at least a few items in here of some value or curiosity, even if nothing leaps out to you as amazing. Maybe even something about that clock, actually....

>While it is coarser than the one at the library, this map still offers a reasonable overview of the area; neither one offered much aid for specific navigational details at the further extents of the region and this degree of detail should suffice for the more traveled parts. It would be nice if it offered some insight that the other maps did not, but it could still be of some use.

« Reply #545 on: April 26, 2013, 06:10:30 AM »
Take it to the map shop and compare, I say! We might find a better one there, or a more detailed one we can crib some data from discretely.

Might not be a bad idea. But I think we should check the travel times for that ferry first. If it leaves soon, we wouldn't want to miss the last boat of the day.

>Do we know when the riverboat to Isir's Cross leaves?
>If not, to Sachi, "If all goes well, I'll have em back before anyone misses them. Though that reminds me. You know when the riverboat to Isir's Cross leaves?"
>If we do know, omit the last part but say the first part.

« Reply #546 on: April 26, 2013, 06:15:45 AM »
>Do we know when the riverboat to Isir's Cross leaves?
>If not, to Sachi, "If all goes well, I'll have em back before anyone misses them. Though that reminds me. You know when the riverboat to Isir's Cross leaves?"
>If we do know, omit the last part but say the first part.

>You do not.
>"Not off the top of my head," she says, "but I think there's usually a few heading down that direction most days."

« Reply #547 on: April 26, 2013, 06:17:40 AM »
>Do we know where the boat launches from?
>If not, ask about that, too.

« Reply #548 on: April 26, 2013, 06:21:42 AM »
>Do we know where the boat launches from?
>If not, ask about that, too.

>That you do know; you sought out those details when you were examining the city maps at the library yesterday.

« Reply #549 on: April 26, 2013, 06:45:52 AM »
>How far is it from here, and how close is it to the nearest post office, if we know the latter?

« Reply #550 on: April 26, 2013, 06:48:48 AM »
>How far is it from here, and how close is it to the nearest post office, if we know the latter?

>You do not know the location of the nearest or even any post office, but the river docks are towards the south of the city - not altogether far from Kyouko's neighborhood, actually. It's probably the better part of an hour's walk away.

« Reply #551 on: April 26, 2013, 06:56:19 AM »
>To our knowledge, everything in this room is Seeker property, yes?

« Reply #552 on: April 26, 2013, 06:58:32 AM »
>To our knowledge, everything in this room is Seeker property, yes?

>It might be, though it's not impossible that other stuff has gotten stored here at some point or another. Though in the brief time you spent searching it, you didn't see any labels obviously indicating third-party ownership of anything.

« Reply #553 on: April 26, 2013, 07:02:17 AM »
>But presumably, things besides maps being, shall we say, borrowed, even by other Seekers, would not be appreciated, correct?

« Reply #554 on: April 26, 2013, 07:13:07 AM »
>But presumably, things besides maps being, shall we say, borrowed, even by other Seekers, would not be appreciated, correct?

>Possibly some of these items are just meant for domestic use (ie: tools to fix hardware issues within the guildhall itself), while others might perhaps be able to be obtained on registered loan, though the way Sachi spoke of it earlier makes you wonder if they're a bit... particular about that around here. Although some aspects of the guildhall here reminds you of home, in other ways it's rather different.

« Reply #555 on: April 26, 2013, 09:57:07 AM »
>"Hope that includes today. Hate to finally decide on where I'm going for this job only to miss the last boat."
>We DID mention Yuuka by name to the Seekers we met before, right?

« Reply #556 on: April 26, 2013, 10:01:48 AM »
>"Hope that includes today. Hate to finally decide on where I'm going for this job only to miss the last boat."
>We DID mention Yuuka by name to the Seekers we met before, right?

>Sachi snickers. "That'd be a pain in the rear, alright."
>You did.

« Reply #557 on: April 27, 2013, 05:10:57 PM »
Forgive me if I've asked this before as well, but,

>How do letters or other forms of communication generally travel from one continent to another?

« Reply #558 on: April 28, 2013, 02:31:14 AM »
>How do letters or other forms of communication generally travel from one continent to another?

>The bulk of mail moving between the central nations and the Outer Freelands would be transported via one of the ferries or cargo transports that regularly travel that route, though more specialized or urgent communications could be conveyed between locations via magical means; this tends to be considerably more expensive, though.

« Reply #559 on: April 29, 2013, 02:44:10 AM »
>The bulk of mail moving between the central nations and the Outer Freelands would be transported via one of the ferries or cargo transports that regularly travel that route, though more specialized or urgent communications could be conveyed between locations via magical means; this tends to be considerably more expensive, though.

>So would mail be turned in to an establishment at the harbor, or is there a post office of sorts in town that would handle that?

« Reply #560 on: April 29, 2013, 05:44:21 AM »
>So would mail be turned in to an establishment at the harbor, or is there a post office of sorts in town that would handle that?

>You suspect both may be true; there is probably some postal outlet in the harbor area, but also others elsewhere in the city.

« Reply #561 on: April 29, 2013, 07:01:45 AM »
>More's the better. Saves us more running around.
>But ask Sachi about it anyway, just in case.

Hey Kilga, who do you think this Fandango guy is more like: Ravishing Rick, Adorable Adrian, or Gorgeous George?

« Reply #562 on: April 29, 2013, 07:26:00 AM »
>More's the better. Saves us more running around.
>But ask Sachi about it anyway, just in case.

>"Nearest post office's about a block thataway," Sachi says, jerking her thumb eastward. "Turn left at Ishihara's - about five or six buildings down."

« Reply #563 on: April 29, 2013, 07:38:44 AM »
>Is that along the route/close to the harbor we need to head to Isirs cross?

« Reply #564 on: April 29, 2013, 07:42:16 AM »
>Is that along the route/close to the harbor we need to head to Isirs cross?

>You don't think so, but it doesn't sound like it's too far away, either.

« Reply #565 on: April 30, 2013, 03:49:52 AM »
>How much does international posting cost?
>If we know not, ask.

« Reply #566 on: April 30, 2013, 06:04:44 AM »
>How much does international posting cost?
>If we know not, ask.

>"Whadda you want to post?" Sachi asks.

« Reply #567 on: April 30, 2013, 06:08:13 AM »
>"A couple of letters. There's a couple of folks back in Estval I want to update on my progress out here."

« Reply #568 on: April 30, 2013, 06:16:39 AM »
>"A couple of letters. There's a couple of folks back in Estval I want to update on my progress out here."

>The rabbit nods. "Probably anywhere from 3 to 10 guilders a pop, depending on how fast it has to get there."

« Reply #569 on: April 30, 2013, 08:50:37 AM »
>"It's not really urgent, just a bit of a status report."
>Never mind the fact that it may be the last letters we may ever send.
>Crack a grin. "I don't suppose they offer Seeker prices, do they?"