Author Topic: Yukari Quest - A Z-machine Adventure  (Read 53689 times)

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
Re: Yukari Quest - A Z-machine Adventure
« Reply #30 on: January 21, 2013, 10:56:02 AM »
> What do we think of the magician meeting group that started up recently?

>You are rather annoyed that they've included Eirin in their meetings, but otherwise you've paid them little mind. You trust Patchouli, Marisa, Maribel, and Byakuren to curb any excesses you might find distasteful. As near as you can tell, it seems to be largely just an excuse for them to get together and drink anyways.

>_

O4rfish

• something seems fishy
  • paranoia 4 lyfe
    • Ask an Oarfish!
« Reply #31 on: January 21, 2013, 01:23:35 PM »
>Do we know what Ran thinks of Mamizou, if anything?
>How good are we at math?
>Relationship with Suika.
>Relationship with Tenshi.
>Add quest: Conniver - accomplish a goal without anyone knowing you were behind it.
[9:49:09] <Purvis> Generally not, but your mother may be an exception.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #32 on: January 21, 2013, 01:36:56 PM »
>Do we know what Ran thinks of Mamizou, if anything?
>How good are we at math?
>Relationship with Suika.
>Relationship with Tenshi.
>Add quest: Conniver - accomplish a goal without anyone knowing you were behind it.

>You know that Ran is aware of her, and disapproves. So far, nothing has come of it. But you imagine it'll only be a matter of time.
>You are adequate at math, but Ran is much better and you are perfectly content to allow her to handle it. What you deal in tends not to match with numbers, anyway.
>Suika amuses you. You were wary of her at first, but she has proven to be mostly harmless.
>Like most of Genoskyo, you regard Tenshi as an annoying, self-entitled little snot. But sometimes she is an amusing snot. You do find it ironic that she tends to accuse celestials as a whole of covertly doing most of the things she does openly. You suspect it's probably true, too.
>You achieve goals without anyone knowing all the time; few people are aware of when and how you work on the Barrier after all.

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #33 on: January 21, 2013, 03:45:27 PM »
> Why did we appear naked in front of Patchouli when she destroyed the sun?
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
  • Whoa, this YF-29's awesome!
« Reply #34 on: January 21, 2013, 03:46:09 PM »
>Of all the residents of Gensokyo, who do we derive the most enjoyment from simply playing mind games with?
>Ah, that reminds me. What sort of games do we favor the most? Such as Chess, Shogi, Go, Mahjong, and the like.
Essence RO
Eiji Komatsu L1xx/6x CritsinX | Ryoshima Nanbu L7x/4x Crafting Blacksmith

Arbitrary Gaming~!
Youkai Quest: Unknown Adventure

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #35 on: January 21, 2013, 05:50:13 PM »
> Why did we appear naked in front of Patchouli when she destroyed the sun?

>Because it was unpleasantly hot at that time, and you find that when you're at ease with yourself it makes other people uncomfortable instead. You imagine it is simply a perk of being in your position.

>Of all the residents of Gensokyo, who do we derive the most enjoyment from simply playing mind games with?
>Ah, that reminds me. What sort of games do we favor the most? Such as Chess, Shogi, Go, Mahjong, and the like.

>Anyone who is overly serious and full of themselves is a fun target. Lately, you sometimes cross paths with Kasen at the Hakurei Shrine, and she has proven to be a prime target.
>You tend to enjoy games that require a bit of luck and a lot of skill. Mahjong is a personal favorite, as are card games. Chess and Shogi are too stilted for your tastes, and things like dice games tend to have too much chance to them. However, you've lost some taste for mahjong, Yuyuko is simply too good at it and you have to work too hard to keep up.

>_

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #36 on: January 21, 2013, 05:57:54 PM »
>What sort of interesting new varieties of card games and the like has the Outside World cooked up lately?
>Who else is a good pick to toy around with at the current?
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #37 on: January 21, 2013, 06:01:05 PM »
> Lets go see Yuyuko after breakfast. It's been 3 months after all.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #38 on: January 21, 2013, 06:35:44 PM »
>What sort of interesting new varieties of card games and the like has the Outside World cooked up lately?
>Who else is a good pick to toy around with at the current?

>Oh god, you don't even want to think about that.
>Reimu is often fun to tease lightly, so is Youmu. Once in awhile you could get a rise out of Rinnosuke, but the current situation with him makes that problematic.  Renko and Maribel have become a source of amusement as well, of late. And it's always fun to get under Ran's skin just a little, but it's hard. She knows you too well.

> Lets go see Yuyuko after breakfast. It's been 3 months after all.

>She would probably like that, Yuyuko tends to be happy to see you.

>_

UncertainJakutten

• Then you should get out of the way when I tell you
  • Do you not trust my aim?
« Reply #39 on: January 21, 2013, 06:45:58 PM »
>Perhaps we should consider giving Moriya Shrine that well deserved lesson sooner rather than later...then again, it has been awhile since they last acted up, the teaching might be lost.
>How has that business with Ran and Yuuka a few years ago affected the situation with Yuuka?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #40 on: January 21, 2013, 07:16:19 PM »
>Perhaps we should consider giving Moriya Shrine that well deserved lesson sooner rather than later...then again, it has been awhile since they last acted up, the teaching might be lost.
>How has that business with Ran and Yuuka a few years ago affected the situation with Yuuka?

>The Moriya Shrine is a difficult target. While, nominally, you can come and go as you please, the territory can become problematic. The tengu have no great love of you, while while this normally isn't a problem as they are not a problem, in this case it would exacerbate things and lead to other problems you have to untangle. You'd need to come up with something appropriately subtle. The time passed is also an issue.
>Yuka was rather incensed about it, but you managed to talk her down after a little effort.

>_

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #41 on: January 21, 2013, 08:08:24 PM »
>We did smile a true smile for Ran in the aftermath, one hopes!
>We'll let the Moriya Shrine issue rest for now, unless they seem to be gearing up to something else, or opportunity knocks.
>Well, let's get breakfast if we've awoken completely and greet Ran dearest

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #42 on: January 21, 2013, 08:41:43 PM »
>We did smile a true smile for Ran in the aftermath, one hopes!
>We'll let the Moriya Shrine issue rest for now, unless they seem to be gearing up to something else, or opportunity knocks.
>Well, let's get breakfast if we've awoken completely and greet Ran dearest

>You did. You were disappointed she got into that situation, but it was for the proper reasons.
>As far as you can tell, they have not been active lately, but you have been out for a little while.
>You have finished breakfast, how do you intend to greet Ran?

>_

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #43 on: January 21, 2013, 08:48:28 PM »
>"Mm!"
>Stretch again.
>"Good morning, Ran dearest. And just what have you been up to over the past season? You haven't found someone prettier than me, have you?"
>Put on a mock pout

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #44 on: January 21, 2013, 09:36:42 PM »
>"Mm!"
>Stretch again.
>"Good morning, Ran dearest. And just what have you been up to over the past season? You haven't found someone prettier than me, have you?"
>Put on a mock pout

>You have another stretch, then tease Ran a little.
>"I am afraid I did, Yukari," she says, the rhythm of her dinner preparations unchanged. "I met her at the ocean."

>_

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #45 on: January 21, 2013, 09:53:06 PM »
>You have another stretch, then tease Ran a little.
>"I am afraid I did, Yukari," she says, the rhythm of her dinner preparations unchanged. "I met her at the ocean."

>_

> Continue mock pouting.
> "Aw... so who's the new girl?"
> Recall when exactly Gensokyo started having an ocean.

Kyo Tanaka

• Don't worry Sakuya, I will (Uuu~♥) protect you...
« Reply #46 on: January 21, 2013, 10:05:11 PM »
>Ponder about gapping Ran into the ocean for amusement, preferably near the new girl for possibly a better effect.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #47 on: January 21, 2013, 10:12:41 PM »
> Continue mock pouting.
> "Aw... so who's the new girl?"
> Recall when exactly Gensokyo started having an ocean.

>"I didn't quite catch her name," says Ran. "I was rather taken by the snakes in her hair.
>If something like that appeared, you are reasonably certain you would have already known about it.

>Ponder about gapping Ran into the ocean for amusement, preferably near the new girl for possibly a better effect.

>You consider this, but the smell of wet fur isn't pleasant.

>_

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #48 on: January 21, 2013, 10:15:49 PM »
>Smile in that playfully enigmatic way we're known for. "After all these years, I never knew you had that kind of taste dear~!"
>Snakes...Ah, didn't we know someone from that one place in the Outside World? Greece was it? What was her name again...
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Kyo Tanaka

• Don't worry Sakuya, I will (Uuu~♥) protect you...
« Reply #49 on: January 21, 2013, 10:41:10 PM »
>Gap a "harmless" snake in Ran's hat.
>"So Ran~ How about taking me to the ocean! I'd love to meet her!"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #50 on: January 21, 2013, 10:45:32 PM »
>Smile in that playfully enigmatic way we're known for. "After all these years, I never knew you had that kind of taste dear~!"
>Snakes...Ah, didn't we know someone from that one place in the Outside World? Greece was it? What was her name again...

>"I am more surprised you thought I had any taste, all things considered," says Ran.
>You know of a youkai from the region that matches that description. You never bothered to really take the time to get to know anyone there, the place was rather dreadful.

>Gap a "harmless" snake in Ran's hat.
>"So Ran~ How about taking me to the ocean! I'd love to meet her!"

>Do you really want to deal with a snake in the house? In particular, one around what is probably going to be tonight's dinner?
>"I don't know," says Ran. "Shouldn't wait until some time after eating before doing that?"

>_

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #51 on: January 21, 2013, 10:49:25 PM »
>Hmm..Perhaps it's the same one, for all we know.
>"Oh come now, I've known you for quite some time after all, is it that much of a surprise?"
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #52 on: January 21, 2013, 11:05:33 PM »
>"I don't know," says Ran. "Shouldn't wait until some time after eating before doing that?"

> "If we were swimming, yes."
« Last Edit: January 21, 2013, 11:08:42 PM by capt. h »

O4rfish

• something seems fishy
  • paranoia 4 lyfe
    • Ask an Oarfish!
« Reply #53 on: January 22, 2013, 12:18:43 AM »
>"Hmm, perhaps Gensokyo could use an ocean, or at least a sea. "
>Recall whether Avalon has ocean access.
[9:49:09] <Purvis> Generally not, but your mother may be an exception.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #54 on: January 22, 2013, 12:32:06 AM »
>Hmm..Perhaps it's the same one, for all we know.
>"Oh come now, I've known you for quite some time after all, is it that much of a surprise?"

>You suspect she is referring to the same one, yes.
>"Wouldn't all those years just be further evidence against it?" says Ran.

> "If we were swimming, yes."

>"I assume you would mistake for a bad catch and thrown back in," Ran says.

>"Hmm, perhaps Gensokyo could use an ocean, or at least a sea. "
>Recall whether Avalon has ocean access.

>"It would be nice to have another source of fish," says Ran. "But I imagine it would cause an problem if we did have one."
>Avalon its ringed on all sides by oceans or seas.

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #55 on: January 22, 2013, 04:39:39 AM »
> What is the exact width of the Sanzu River?
> Did we ever figure out why several of Gensokyo's more notable residents share names with their own species?
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #56 on: January 22, 2013, 09:27:00 AM »
> What is the exact width of the Sanzu River?
> Did we ever figure out why several of Gensokyo's more notable residents share names with their own species?

>It varies.
>It is not uncommon for youkai to simply manifest from the beliefs of others, and appear out of the aether. Such youkai are not always the best at naming themselves. In other cases, their name predates the species name, or is spelled with different kanji. And, you suspect, in some cases, the parents of some youkai just aren't very good at naming their children.

>_

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #57 on: January 22, 2013, 04:49:01 PM »
>It is not uncommon for youkai to simply manifest from the beliefs of others, and appear out of the aether.

> Huh. Kind of curious how that works and what that looks like, if we've ever witnessed it.

(Note: This is a personal curiosity. I happen to love things like ficticious encyclopedia entries and detailed explanations of magical entities and their function.)

> Consider pros and cons of visiting Yuyuko versus looking into that snake haired lady Ran mentioned.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #58 on: January 22, 2013, 05:52:14 PM »
> Huh. Kind of curious how that works and what that looks like, if we've ever witnessed it.
> Consider pros and cons of visiting Yuyuko versus looking into that snake haired lady Ran mentioned.

>Many youkai came into existence as manifestations of some human projection of an event or phenomena. You yourself came into existence in such a way, as manifestation of the idea that there was someone who dwelt on the threshold between the known and the other.  You've never really witnessed it, you don't think anyone has. Youkai tend to manifest away from people by the nature of what they are.
>You imagine a major con of looking for the snake-haired lady is that you're certain she's not around and Ran was simply answering your snide remarks with her own.

>_

GuyYouMetOnline

• Surprisingy not smart for lynch dodging
« Reply #59 on: January 22, 2013, 06:08:04 PM »
>Yuyuko it is, then.