Author Topic: HOLY JESUS 1000 POSTS  (Read 21624 times)

Sodium

• pew pew lasers
Re: HOLY JESUS 1000 POSTS
« Reply #60 on: August 02, 2009, 02:05:36 AM »
Hm. This topic was derailed four posts in. Is that a new record?

Drake

« Reply #61 on: August 02, 2009, 02:08:56 AM »
For a thread that hasn't been locked yes, most probably. Even the 'derail this thread' thread was derailed later.

Also it wasn't really my fault I just went along after I came back to silliness :V

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

Sodium

• pew pew lasers
« Reply #62 on: August 02, 2009, 02:10:01 AM »
I was tempted to say 2 posts in, but then Donut had to ruin it and actually post on topic for post # 3.

M. Burusu

• ... What is that?
  • Who knows.
« Reply #63 on: August 02, 2009, 02:10:45 AM »
Question?

Do you really think Drake, a fairly respected member of the forum, would randomly post up a virus with no warning?

No. However, I wouldn't put it past anyone to post up some hilarious little command that causes your browser to do something weird with the security. Mainly because this is the internet and I am extremely paranoid.
IceStage * + Aqua Navi, BN1-BN3 = Odd Idea
IceStage * + Aqua Navi, BN4-BN6 = Bad Idea

« Reply #64 on: August 02, 2009, 02:11:09 AM »
Just so you know, having all of your life's work on the same computer that you browse the internet on is a bad idea in general. You should be making back ups of everything that you plan on holding dearly.

M. Burusu

• ... What is that?
  • Who knows.
« Reply #65 on: August 02, 2009, 02:12:15 AM »
Just so you know, having all of your life's work on the same computer that you browse the internet on is a bad idea in general. You should be making back ups of everything that you plan on holding dearly.

Advice I will be holding close to my heart.

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #66 on: August 02, 2009, 02:14:05 AM »
No offense was meant, Burusu. In all honesty, considering that this board is essentially for spamming you really shouldn't have taken it seriously anyway.

If you don't think you can handle the humour we throw around here then you're free to choose not to browse the forum. It's your call.

Sodium

• pew pew lasers
« Reply #67 on: August 02, 2009, 02:14:24 AM »
Zakeri, stop acting obvtown. This isn't even Mafia.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #68 on: August 02, 2009, 02:16:02 AM »
Question?

Do you really think Drake, a fairly respected member of the forum, would randomly post up a virus with no warning?

No. However, I wouldn't put it past anyone to post up some hilarious little command that causes your browser to do something weird with the security. Mainly because this is the internet and I am extremely paranoid.

This is well and good.

But you weren't acting like that beforehand. Instead, you fully believed, or at least appeared to believe, that Drake gave you some terrible virus.

So, did you not consider this at the time? Or had you considered it, and discarded that conclusion? If it's the latter, why?

See, the point I am trying to make is that a little googling might have saved you some panic. And if it did not, a little logic would have. The rest was more or less playing with someone who is convinced the rubber snake in the silverware drawer was real. Mean spirited, yes, but hardly unwarranted given the circumstances.

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #69 on: August 02, 2009, 02:17:24 AM »
Again: You should be less gullible. You think it'd be that easy for us to throw a virus at you, much less the admin doing nothing other than calling you a retard?

I'm usually the one in your position, being the native butt-monkey. So if even I am playing along, something is wrong.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #70 on: August 02, 2009, 02:18:25 AM »
And then it was revealed that M.Burusu and I had teamed up to mess with Donut.

M. Burusu

• ... What is that?
  • Who knows.
« Reply #71 on: August 02, 2009, 02:22:54 AM »
Again: You should be less gullible. You think it'd be that easy for us to throw a virus at you, much less the admin doing nothing other than calling you a retard?

I didn't think a virus was thrown at me. That said, the effects of that little hyperlink were disturbing enough that I thought it had actually been a command built into the system that did something potentially horrible.

Also, this admin happens to be one who (from what I've seen) isn't terribly serious, even when there are serious matters being discussed. It's not terribly surprising that I didn't pay them too much heed considering the other circumstances that were occurring.

I'm usually the one in your position, being the native butt-monkey. So if even I am playing along, something is wrong.

Text is a very limited medium. If people post things that back up my fears and worries about current events, and I have no knowledge or concrete evidence to the contrary, then what am I supposed to think is going on?

Some jokes ought not be made.

No offense was meant, Burusu. In all honesty, considering that this board is essentially for spamming you really shouldn't have taken it seriously anyway.

Spam is one thing, but carrying on a joke at someone's personal expense, especially when that person is quite unaware that there is even a joke going on, is a completely different beast. Again, and this is directed at all of you, imagine for a moment how you'd feel about this all if you were in my shoes if you haven't already done so.

If you don't think you can handle the humour we throw around here then you're free to choose not to browse the forum. It's your call.

Indeed. This is going to be the last Cirno's Perfect Math Classroom thread that I'll post in for quite a while.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2009, 02:24:39 AM by M. Burusu »

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #72 on: August 02, 2009, 02:28:00 AM »
I notice you skipped my points, which were very pertinent to the whole scenario. =|

nintendonut888

« Reply #73 on: August 02, 2009, 02:30:02 AM »
Again, all I can say is that you should have definitely have caught on after a while. People call me slow, but even I eventually catch on to something. If it weren't for me you'd probably still think it was a virus or malicious command.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

Apotheosis

• Pop-tarts please!!!
  • MOM WHERE'S MY POP-TARTS?????
« Reply #74 on: August 02, 2009, 02:35:18 AM »
Indeed. This is going to be the last Cirno's Perfect Math Classroom thread that I'll post in for quite a while.

You said that last time.
The ink of the scholar is more sacred than the blood of the martyr - Mohammed

« Reply #75 on: August 02, 2009, 02:37:22 AM »
Zakeri, stop acting obvtown. This isn't even Mafia.

##Vote: Sodium
« Last Edit: August 02, 2009, 02:47:16 AM by Sodium »

M. Burusu

• ... What is that?
  • Who knows.
« Reply #76 on: August 02, 2009, 02:40:34 AM »
I notice you skipped my points, which were very pertinent to the whole scenario. =|

Actually, you were the one whose help seemed genuine . . . until it was revealed that this was all a sick joke.

It helped matters none that a little research on my own found that there IS an actual sage.dll file in existance, and that it is used in Windows . . . and that the info you gave WAS CONFIRMED AS A POSSIBILITY BY THE HELP I GOT FROM MICROSOFT.

I'm cooling off a bit now, but I'm still a little pissed at the fact that you guys actually went and DID this.

Again, all I can say is that you should have definitely have caught on after a while. People call me slow, but even I eventually catch on to something. If it weren't for me you'd probably still think it was a virus or malicious command.

You're used to it; you look for it automatically.

I'm not. And so when things are looking grim for me, I don't think that everyone who's posting is in on the joke but me, let alone that there is a joke.

I didn't think a virus was thrown at me. That said, the effects of that little hyperlink were disturbing enough that I thought it had actually been a command built into the system that did something potentially horrible.

hardcode a command into a browser that fucks shit up? you best be joking nigger

Again, haven't encountered this sort of thing before and paranoid. DO THE MATH.

Drake

« Reply #77 on: August 02, 2009, 02:41:55 AM »
If you download Norton Antivirus by the suggestion of another you deserve to have your comp slowed down tbh

M. Burusu

• ... What is that?
  • Who knows.
« Reply #78 on: August 02, 2009, 02:42:42 AM »
If you download Norton Antivirus by the suggestion of another you deserve to have your comp slowed down tbh

It comes standard with the computer. I'm getting it replaced with Trend Micro ASAP.

nintendonut888

« Reply #79 on: August 02, 2009, 02:46:02 AM »
If you haven't encountered something like this before, you...either are in your first 3 months, or have lived a very sheltered Internet life.

« Reply #80 on: August 02, 2009, 02:50:29 AM »
If you haven't encountered something like this before, you...either are in your first 3 months, or have lived a very sheltered Internet life.

Actually, he confirmed earlier in this thread that he lives a sheltered internet life.

Slowpoke

• Media Analyst
« Reply #81 on: August 02, 2009, 02:54:34 AM »

We should give this guy some respect. He's untainted by 4chon and Poolswimmer.

nintendonut888

« Reply #82 on: August 02, 2009, 02:58:37 AM »
So am I (well, mostly from Pooshlmer). I however have been on GameFAQs for 5 years, which can be just as cruel.

And lol @ ban. I actually think it's a little uncalled for.

Drake

« Reply #83 on: August 02, 2009, 03:05:26 AM »
did you really need to ban him

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #84 on: August 02, 2009, 03:07:07 AM »
Yes

Twitter: @hipsterfont | Discord: helvetica#0573 | LINE: hipsterfont

He thought that on that same day he was to take the city of Priam, but he little knew what was in the mind of Jove, who had many another hard-fought fight in store alike for Danaans and Trojans."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #85 on: August 02, 2009, 03:18:14 AM »
Welp. The Tomb of Horrors didn't even get to devour that one.

Hououin Kyouma

• KEEP YA GUNS ON!
  • ARE YOU READY, GUYS!?
    • When Posters Cry
« Reply #86 on: August 02, 2009, 03:36:36 AM »
If I have problem with the internet I go and ask google/yahoo or search up on urban dic
"DUMBASS!" "I'd hit it" "Bear-sona~!" "Critical hits to the nads!" "What you're really asking is... "Will you please beat the **** out of me, Kanji?" "...I Gotta pee." ''Everydays great at your Junes~'' "You calling me a loser?"

Fetch()tirade

• serial time-waster
« Reply #87 on: August 02, 2009, 03:40:15 AM »
And what was the topic at hand?
I got lost at the beginning. Is that bad?

Alfred F. Jones

• Estamos orgullosos del Batall?n Lincoln
  • y de la lucha que hizo por Madrid
« Reply #88 on: August 02, 2009, 03:44:52 AM »
So this is what goes on when I'm asleep.

Huh.

« Reply #89 on: August 02, 2009, 03:49:04 AM »
And what was the topic at hand?
I got lost at the beginning. Is that bad?

I don't know, but judging from the title of the topic, it was "HOLY JESUS 1000 POSTS".

just a guess.