Author Topic: Magical Lotus - Mahou Shoujou Byakuren - Episode 3  (Read 44800 times)

Re: Magical Lotus - Mahou Shoujou Byakuren - Episode 3
« Reply #960 on: January 07, 2013, 05:24:31 AM »
>"Yes, I hope so as well. There's nothing else you've noticed, is there?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #961 on: January 07, 2013, 05:26:51 AM »
>Does the three-eyed bird sound familiar to us in any way? As a mythological emblem, or a historical thing, or some image we've seen or heard about?

« Reply #962 on: January 07, 2013, 05:59:02 AM »
>Does the three-eyed bird sound familiar to us in any way? As a mythological emblem, or a historical thing, or some image we've seen or heard about?

>Her description sounds very much like the Yatagarasu, from Yamato myth. It is a three-legged crow associated with the sun. They are sometimes seen as messangers to mortals from the Gods, and represent spiritual guidance and enlightenment. They are seen as minor to moderate level kami in Shinto myth, and are believed to be considered sacred by the Tengu. Some depictions of the Yatagarasu depict them as having a head, or a Dai-Yatagarasu, one bird above the others, though this may be an advent of popular culture rather than actual fact.
>The difference is, every depiction of the Yatagarasu you know of depicts them with only two eyes, rather than three.

>"Yes, I hope so as well. There's nothing else you've noticed, is there?"

>"Nothin' I can't put down to something more mundane. 'least nothing I can think of. I just had to check, make sure my imagination wasn't running away with me again."
>Reisen decelerates suddenly as a black colored Porsche pulls out of a side street right in front of her, running a stop sign. The rabbit swears.

GuyYouMetOnline

• Surprisingy not smart for lynch dodging
« Reply #963 on: January 07, 2013, 06:01:32 AM »
>Would Lily or Kiku, being Shinto (I think) maidens, know more about the Yatagarasu?

« Reply #964 on: January 07, 2013, 06:06:31 AM »
>Would Lily or Kiku, being Shinto (I think) maidens, know more about the Yatagarasu?

>Lily was more of a part-time employee, but Kiku, being an experienced and evidently fairly knowledgable Miko, may well indeed know more about the Yatagarasu. You're not entirely sure if the temples of the 4 Beast Gods are directly related to Shinto or if they are part of a branch religion of some sorts, but the outfits, at least, are very much alike.

« Reply #965 on: January 07, 2013, 06:18:14 AM »
>"I understand. I wish I could say that it was."

« Reply #966 on: January 07, 2013, 06:21:21 AM »
>"I understand. I wish I could say that it was."

>"Thing that gets me is, it sounds an awful lot like she's describing that Sun-Crow, the Yatagarasu. 'cept I thought those things had two eyes, not three. On the other hand, it IS a nightmare... I dunno."
>"Thanks for the reality check, Byakuren. And don't you worry 'bout her either, I'll keep an eye on Okuu whenever I can."

« Reply #967 on: January 07, 2013, 06:31:16 AM »
>"Well, I shall do my best, and hope for the same as well."

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
  • Whoa, this YF-29's awesome!
« Reply #968 on: January 07, 2013, 03:26:02 PM »
>"That's what I was thinking. Why does it have three eyes? I've got a few friends who might be able to fill in the blanks for me, I just have to get in touch with them."
Essence RO
Eiji Komatsu L1xx/6x CritsinX | Ryoshima Nanbu L7x/4x Crafting Blacksmith

Arbitrary Gaming~!
Youkai Quest: Unknown Adventure

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #969 on: January 07, 2013, 08:49:50 PM »
>In fact, we can do that now.
>Kiku, can you hear me?

« Reply #970 on: January 08, 2013, 07:28:04 PM »
>"Well, I shall do my best, and hope for the same as well."
>"That's what I was thinking. Why does it have three eyes? I've got a few friends who might be able to fill in the blanks for me, I just have to get in touch with them."

>"Let me worry 'bout that, B. I got some pals of my own I can hit up for a question or two. Knowin' you, you got enough on your plate as it is without worrying about this, too."

>In fact, we can do that now.
>Kiku, can you hear me?

>A moment, please, I am with the head miko.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
  • Whoa, this YF-29's awesome!
« Reply #971 on: January 08, 2013, 07:29:20 PM »
>"It just strikes me as odd is all, I can't help but want to look into this myself. I've got things on my plate, yes, but I can always make time to help others. You know it's in my nature."
Essence RO
Eiji Komatsu L1xx/6x CritsinX | Ryoshima Nanbu L7x/4x Crafting Blacksmith

Arbitrary Gaming~!
Youkai Quest: Unknown Adventure

« Reply #972 on: January 09, 2013, 12:51:09 AM »
>"It just strikes me as odd is all, I can't help but want to look into this myself. I've got things on my plate, yes, but I can always make time to help others. You know it's in my nature."

>Marissa gives you a warm chuckle. "Better'n most, girl. Just talk t'me first if something comes up."

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #973 on: January 09, 2013, 02:44:40 AM »
>Sure. Let me know when you're finished.

« Reply #974 on: January 09, 2013, 02:45:31 AM »
>"I will, of course."

« Reply #975 on: January 09, 2013, 04:31:40 AM »
>Sure. Let me know when you're finished.
>"I will, of course."

>"Matter of fact, I suppose I should give her a call now. Naw, better idea, I'll swing by, been meaning to see Tia for a while, anyway. Good an excuse as any. So I'll let ya go for now."

« Reply #976 on: January 09, 2013, 04:36:37 AM »
>Who's Tia?

« Reply #977 on: January 09, 2013, 04:44:25 AM »
>Who's Tia?

>Tia is a friend you have in common with Marissa. She is an earth rabbit who, like yourself, works for Aya as a model, though she is a full time client of hers while you are more a freelancer at the moment. She's a lovely woman, at least a decade older than you, with, well, model-good looks and figure, but she's also very intelligent. One of her areas of interest is the religions of the world.

« Reply #978 on: January 09, 2013, 04:48:18 AM »
>"Very well, then. All the best to you."

« Reply #979 on: January 09, 2013, 06:04:04 AM »
>"Very well, then. All the best to you."

>"If I may, Byakuren," Reisen says as Marissa hangs up, "that sounded like a bit of a strange conversation you were having there."

« Reply #980 on: January 09, 2013, 06:07:03 AM »
>"I suppose it may."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #981 on: January 09, 2013, 07:50:01 AM »
>"But so are many of the conversations one tends to have with Marisa."

« Reply #982 on: January 11, 2013, 09:31:05 AM »
>"I suppose it may."
>"But so are many of the conversations one tends to have with Marisa."

>Reisen chuckles. "The woman's never dull, that's for sure." she agrees.

>The rabbit says no more on the matter, nor does your Rin, and several minutes pass in silence as Reisen transports you in a generally southeasterly direction. The stretch of road you are currently on holds the multiple buildings of Mayoiga University, and a small stream runs down the right side of the road in a ditch. This is one of a few such streams, shallow trickles of water at most times, that feed into Black Tortoise Lake, the small pond located behind the shrine you are heading towards. Traffic along this road, in your experience, is usually pretty heavy, but today is a bit lighter than normal, but Reisen still takes her time. This road is one of the most common places to have a vehicle-involved accident in Mayoiga, and Reisen isn't the type to tempt fate in that department.
>As you and you and your companions make your way down the road, you pick out the sound of another motorcycle coming up behind you, louder than the other machines in the vicinity. Reisen's face drops, and she curses softly. Moments later, a large black and purple motorcycle pulls up alongside you, with a freakishly tall rider upon it. The androgynous figure is well over seven feet tall, maybe even capping eight, and its bike its the largest you've ever seen. You do recognize the model, however; it's a Kirisame Double Spark, the upgraded version of Marissa's own Master Spark. Custom frame, by the looks of it, the standard Double Spark isn't quite that big. The rider wears a jet black leather bodysuit with dark purple and grey highlights running down its arms and legs, and a design of a screeching tire casting off oil on the back of her suit. A gleaming silver chain encircles the rider's waist. Her black helmet sports a purple tinted visor and an image of a sword emblazoned upon its side.

>Marissa's told you about this person before. She didn't know her real name, but she's a big player in the international street racing scene. She calls herself Motormaster. Or at least Marissa thinks it's a she, as only the people that defeat her ever see her without her helmet on. Marissa says that it's a short list of people that's ever beaten her in a race. Mari described her as 'the bad guy of a racing movie - arrogant as hell, mad skills and a badder attitude.' Marissa may exaggerate from time to time, but she doesn't describe people in those sort of terms unless there's a good reason.
>The black clad biker's helmet turns towards Reisen, then quickly to you, and she gestures to your driver to pull over to the side of the road. After checking the road ahead to ensure a lack of vehicles within striking distance, other than the rider abreast of her, Reisen looks at you questioningly.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #983 on: January 11, 2013, 11:03:47 AM »
>"I suppose we can see what she wants... Just be ready to pull away if she tries something."

« Reply #984 on: January 12, 2013, 02:16:03 AM »
>"I suppose we can see what she wants... Just be ready to pull away if she tries something."

>Your driver nods, somewhat grimly, then slows her machine. Motormaster pulls out in front of her, puts a bit of distance between her and Reisen, then pulls over to the side of the road. Reisen follows suit moments later, leaving about ten feet of room between her machine and the tall woman's. She also leaves the engine running.
>"He bad?" Rin asks Reisen quietly.
>The rabbit nods again. "He's one of the best street racers in this half of the world. And one of the meanest and dirtiest. I raced him once last year, and he nearly took my head off with that chain."

>Motormaster dismounts from her bike. You initial estimate was off. She has to be more than eight feet tall. You're very tall for a girl your age, but this woman practically dwarfs you. And she's rather thick-bodied to boot. There's no model concealed beneath all that leather and chain. You also note the hilt of a dagger protruding from the top of her left boot. Rin seems to notice this as well, and she is a very tense kasha when the freakishly tall bike rider approaches you.
>With her face concealed behind her helmet and visor, and her body language betraying nothing beyond a sense of confidence, you have a spot of trouble drawing a read on this woman. Since she flagged down Reisen, you expect it is with her she wishes to have a word. However, her head tilts down to look at you first. "You the rabbit's owner?" she asks, her voice easily deep enough to belong to a male.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #985 on: January 12, 2013, 02:21:54 AM »
>"No, we're just getting a ride."

« Reply #986 on: January 12, 2013, 03:09:30 AM »
>"No, we're just getting a ride."

>The giant rider takes a moment before speaking again, its head turning slightly towards Reisen. "You ferry people with the same bike you ride with, fourty-seven?"
>"It's not like I have many options, Moto." Reisen answers.
>Motormaster's helmeted gaze returns to you. "Partial owner?"

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #987 on: January 12, 2013, 04:11:26 AM »
>Fourty-seven?
>"Friend of the owner. We live in the same apartment building."

« Reply #988 on: January 12, 2013, 04:55:48 AM »

>Instead say: "No, a friend. We live in the same apartment building." No need to need to foreground Reisen's ownership as much as this woman is doing.

« Reply #989 on: January 12, 2013, 05:12:11 AM »
>Fourty-seven?
>Instead say: "No, a friend. We live in the same apartment building." No need to need to foreground Reisen's ownership as much as this woman is doing.

>It's not a nickname you recognize.
>"So you live near the owner. Good. You can deliver a message from Motormaster."
>"Actually she can't." Reisen counters. "I may be owned, but I'm possessed by someone else, not by my owners themselves."
>Motormaster falls silent at that, but he makes no move to leave.