Author Topic: Touhou Accomplishments Thread 19: 90FPS FOR EVERYONE  (Read 221939 times)

Re: Touhou Accomplishments Thread 19: 90FPS FOR EVERYONE
« Reply #450 on: December 26, 2012, 03:07:30 AM »
actually, I don't think it's that big of a deal. I timed that thing out in 2 attempts before. I never thought anything of it, so I didn't safe the replay.

is it really that difficult to time out? I mean, it's just a variation of streaming, isn't it? there are definitely things more worthy to be timed out in that game...I mean, still congratz. if it's really something more difficult than I thought, then it's pretty good, seeing how that thing has 70 seconds; so surviving for the first 52 is...good. yes.

I dunno, i tried it and died. Maybe it's hard but who the fuck cares. Go for a timeout of her 3rd card instead. I dunno if it's actually been done but I'd like to see it anyway. I have tried it some but always died once. Really easy to capture but she keeps pushing you to the side so it becomes mean.

RNG

• Lord of all that Bullshits
« Reply #451 on: December 26, 2012, 03:48:18 AM »
Well, that session was awful, but I have two positive accomplishments today. Learned Seiga's 2nd non and Tongling, and I have a "MASTER" rank on all of Yuyu's cards. Hey, at least I'm not playing Marine Benefit.

SirChaotick

• Mathematics.
  • Fun for EVERYONE.
« Reply #452 on: December 26, 2012, 05:58:19 PM »
The second giant has fallen, five more remain.
IN Lunatic 1cc
*victory dance*

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should
« Reply #453 on: December 26, 2012, 08:04:38 PM »
Well, that session was awful, but I have two positive accomplishments today. Learned Seiga's 2nd non and Tongling, and I have a "MASTER" rank on all of Yuyu's cards. Hey, at least I'm not playing Marine Benefit.
I've seriously yet to learn Tongling Yoshika.

IN Lunatic 1cc
*victory dance*
Keep going!

Noters: I now have two videos that don't want to be uploaded! Derp. I think I found some sort of solution. Expect that GFW Extra clear sometime!
« Last Edit: December 26, 2012, 10:13:17 PM by BT »

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #454 on: December 26, 2012, 10:09:05 PM »

« Reply #455 on: December 26, 2012, 10:11:42 PM »
Congrats BT! If someone would make a savestate program that doesn't suck I would try this.
Getting clipped since Feb. 2012.

Youtube

Tumblr

Sungho

• Custom Title
  • Personal Text
« Reply #456 on: December 27, 2012, 01:38:14 AM »
th128 all routes clear.
Funny to think that th128 Lunatic was actually the first Lunatic I've ever cleared, more than 2 years ago.
Signature

« Reply #457 on: December 27, 2012, 06:52:33 AM »
TD Extra No Bombs No Manual Trance clear with Marisa! Holy crap this took so much longer than the other Extras. Without trancing, you only get 4 extra lives in this stage. Even though that's the same number as EoSD Extra, I feel as though Mamizou has much tougher cards than Flandre. It might also be because Mamizou's cards involve a lot of side dodging, which I'm terrible at. Not to mention that using Marisa makes the stage itself quite a bit harder, as the part after Nue isn't trivial anymore. As for Mamizou herself, she's fairly tricky, especially her last few cards. Going from Wild Carpet's Extra version to False Miko's Exorcism to the survival and finally to the final card really sucks since you can't build up your trance between those cards if you aren't bombing.

But wow I'm definitely excited that I got this! I've no bombed all the integer Windows extra stages, and I think I'll start concentrating on no bombing some full games instead. I was going to no bomb GFW Extra, but I'm just way too sick of the long arse stage to bother with it right now.

NMNB Aya
I am so inconsistent with Aya, I NMNB'd her twice (once in a full run) with ReimuA but never with ReimuB
With some effort I guess I could NMNB the entire stage as well. Oh well, LNB comes first as this is all practice.
Nice! I feel as though a lot of the "inconsistency" with Aya comes from whether the PWG RNG decides to be nice or not :/

IN Lunatic 1cc
*victory dance*
That was pretty damn fast! You can probably get at least one more before the year is out!

Scarlet Gensokyo Timeout II.
And that is pure awesomeness. I think you might have a very, very slight obsession over Remilia though  :ohdear:

Zil

« Reply #459 on: December 27, 2012, 03:17:26 PM »
Boom

Holy shit Chum you're insane. (And you too, Seppo.) This challenge is so ridiculous, and yet so awesome. Definitely glad I got around to it. Komachi was the hardest, in my opinion, though Mystia was pretty tough as well. I'll probably put the Komachi run up on Youtube, actually. It took some of the best dodging I've ever done, and I somehow lasted 2 minutes in the final round against Eiki without getting hit.

Nice timeout BT, and congrats Chaotick on bringing down IN so quickly. Good luck with the rest of them.

Now, I think I've been neglecting Mystic Square a bit...

chum

« Reply #460 on: December 27, 2012, 03:47:56 PM »
And you're fast! Well done! I think It's a great challenge for "pure dodging" but it also felt a bit predictable or rigid, basically you'll die once per stage from stage 6 and on (unless you pull something crazy) and you probably won't get the 70 million extend, which means 3 tries for Shikieiki, the first two of which are borderline impossible. The last match being the most winnable means everything is on the line and things get very tense, but it also sucks if bad luck strikes at that time.

Reisen took the most attempts for me, but I felt like I had really bad luck. Mystia on the other hand I got in only one attempt, with some absolutely crazy matches, but I know she's definitely among the hardest clears, if not the hardest. Yuka, Komachi, Lyrica, Marisa and Eiki were also hard for me (Eiki mainly because I wasn't used to having Reimu as a final, and Yuka mainly because of her awful speed and weird hitbox location, low speed against Eiki is really bad since my strat involves a lot of macro dodging)

I wonder if anybody else will take up this incredibly manly challenge?

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #461 on: December 27, 2012, 05:50:31 PM »
Probably me, despite my PoFV-related issues. Not like that's ever stopping me.

Aaaaaand the first run reaches Eiki but only barely. I needed a Round 2 1:59 Komachi with no lives to spare, and that was pretty much a fluke. This, with Reimu. How many extends are you guys getting? This is ridiculous.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2012, 06:11:32 PM by BT »

chum

« Reply #462 on: December 27, 2012, 07:11:49 PM »
Some characters will score a little higher, but I almost always get the 50 million extend. Rarely did I get the 70 million one (and only with low tier chars) and sometimes I failed to get the 50 million one.

So basically, if you no miss to stage 6, lose stages 6-8 one time each, and get the 50 million extend, you'll have 3 tries for Shikieiki. It is possible to win stage 6, 7 or 8 on the first round even with a low tier char (I find Sakuya or Aya the most doable) but It's pretty damn tough.

Seppo Hovi

« Reply #463 on: December 27, 2012, 07:28:39 PM »
My (only) run of it. I wasn't interested in playing others than my favorite shot. Still unsure if I should upload it. Even with that first-round Eiki performance. Probably not, given that the run was bad and both Zil and chum were ways cooler, doing it on more characters. Maybe. I don't know.

Strategy is to no-miss 1 to 5. If you luck out you can get a first-round performance on 6 to 8. So it's either three or four rounds against Eiki. Try lasting three minutes on the third and fourth ones, play aggressively on the first two if you're in the need of extends. 50M should be the final extend, unless you want to plan around. But that'd be too hard, just shoot at things and dodge bullets. It'll be fine, if I was able to do it, everyone is.

Zil

« Reply #464 on: December 27, 2012, 07:54:21 PM »
And just to mention, the stage 7 and 8 opponents will lose after roughly 2 minutes after you've lost once (not sure about the first round). The first round against stage 6 opponents usually lasts about 3 minutes. The third round against Eiki is usually 3 minutes, and if you can get a fourth round, that lasts about 2.5 minutes. All of these can vary by up to 10 seconds or so. If you're a high-tier character (which Reimu is) you can luck out and win much earlier than you should. And Yuuka sometimes kicks the bucket super early. She's also a menace when you can't clear her flowers away. So anyway, Round 2 Komachi dying at 1:59 isn't a fluke. It's pretty much just what you'd expect.

If you're not reaching the 50 million extend, try using level 2 bombs in stages 1-5.

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #465 on: December 27, 2012, 08:23:46 PM »
Wait.

You can charge?

^_________________~

Oh wait, I get it. I thought part of it was No Bombs but I guess those are allowed?
« Last Edit: December 27, 2012, 08:31:32 PM by BT »

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #466 on: December 27, 2012, 11:31:03 PM »
You can charge?
No, because the challenge is no focus no charge constant shooting.  So you can press X to bomb, and move while mashing Z...and that's it.

Goldom

• Whee
« Reply #467 on: December 28, 2012, 01:11:45 AM »
First Lunatic Stage 2 perfect - Cirno - thanks to help from the help thread  :)

RNG

• Lord of all that Bullshits
« Reply #468 on: December 28, 2012, 01:20:13 AM »
Fuck you ZUN

I think you can die to the lasers after timing this out :V

Karisa

• Extend!
  • High scores are meant to be broken.
« Reply #469 on: December 28, 2012, 02:17:47 AM »
First Lunatic Stage 2 perfect - Cirno - thanks to help from the help thread  :)
You're welcome. If you feel like going for another stage 2 perfect, Parsee should be around the same difficulty.

(Also, a minor accomplishment: I just got my first ever ND1B VoWG Lunatic, with MarisaC in a full run. I think I could capture it with MarisaC with a few more tries, but not sure about with ReimuB yet, or ReimuA who I've captured everything else except Saruta Cross and PWG with.)
« Last Edit: December 28, 2012, 02:20:56 AM by Karisa »

« Reply #470 on: December 28, 2012, 06:05:06 AM »
Welp first MoF No bombs practice run and MoF stage 3 perfected!. Yeah I dunno. I'll probably get tons of these as I do this more, but this is my first time not getting a 1DNB so :V

« Reply #471 on: December 28, 2012, 06:55:04 AM »
After not playing Touhou for like three months, I reached MoF Stage 6 with MarisaC on first try. I kept on dying frequently and unreasonably but is good enough for me.
The experience of previous plays surely helped.

Sakurei

• Banned
  • Frequently repeated unapologetic hostility
    • My Blog
« Reply #472 on: December 28, 2012, 03:10:09 PM »
I might add the no charge constant shooting thing to my challenge list, but only with komachi, seeing how she's the only character I ever play. but even then, only after other certain things. so eventually.

congratz to all of you who're doing these crazy things. good job to that timeout, BT, nice going to Zil and a big congratulations to chaoticks for the IN lunatic 1cc

redlakitu

« Reply #473 on: December 28, 2012, 03:20:58 PM »
My first ever Ten Desires Normal 1cc, a rather underwhelming achievement, I realize, but still very satisfying. My previous runs have all been plagued with incredibly stupid mistakes, like running into a bullet that's about to leave the screen, forgetting that manual trances don't clear bullets, ramming Yoshika in an attempt to collect resources and so on. This run wasn't an exception - I lost three lives to Stage 5 (which is, incidentally, the first 4-and-above Stage that I managed to perfect on Normal) which was so disheartening, I nearly abandoned the run. Fighting Miko with no extra lives never bodes well, after all. Fortunately I managed to grab the 15 extend just in time and tank my way through the fight, eventually winning with no resources left in reserve.

Funny how last time I went into the fight against Miko with two extra lives and still lost, but this time managed to prevail despite a much less favourable situation.

Lord Scalgon

• Trying to get used to things...
« Reply #474 on: December 28, 2012, 04:26:56 PM »
The third round against Eiki is usually 3 minutes, and if you can get a fourth round, that lasts about 2.5 minutes.

Before I 1CC'd PoFV on Lunatic, I remember my match vs. Eiki lasted between 2 minutes to 2 minutes and 30 seconds...or somewhere around there.  And it was only the second round.  (in case anyone is wondering,  I was using Marisa)

(I need to watch my old replays again...)
Current ambition: NBND VoWG timeout.  Best run: NB1D

Tao-Sensei

• Wants to be Icemilk.
  • What do you mean I can't be Icemilk?
« Reply #475 on: December 28, 2012, 06:04:28 PM »
I feel so inferior now, but oh well.

EoSD: Extra Clear (Still havn't 1CC the actual game though, but getting to stage 5 on a Lunatic 1CC is getting pretty close).
PCB: Normal 1CC, Extra Clear, Phantasm Clear.
IN: Currently None.
PoFV: Currently None.
MoF: Normal 1CC, Extra Clear.
SA: Normal 1CC.
UFO: Normal 1CC.
TD: Currently none, although, I'm pretty close to a Lunatic 1CC.

Nothing for PC-98 games yet. I should probably start actually clearing some of the games on Normal or Hard before I jump to Lunatic all the time, but at the same time, getting to stage 4 or 5 on most games on Lunatic makes me kind of want to continue trying Lunatic 1CCs.

Ranko Hoshino

• ゆっくりしていってね!!!
  • Take it easy!
    • Ranko's Gaming Blog
Currently needing to do more Touhou stuff
My Touhou Replays
IN Yukari Spell Practice: 218/222
Chat with me, maybe?: https://discord.gg/0bbmWG5ankaeyTzH

redlakitu

« Reply #477 on: December 28, 2012, 07:50:56 PM »
Wow, what a day! First a TD Normal clear on my first try of the day, and now a PoFV Normal clear, also on my first try! I love how the run turned out, too. I have absolutely no clue about scoring in this game, so I only managed to reach the 10 million extend through sheer luck in the second round of Stage 9, then I got away with some dodges way beyond my real skill level in Round 3 (check the replay),  which proved crucial because I very nearly managed to throw my victory away in the final seconds.

It was amazing! I never really paid much attention to this game, but this run was so intense and fun, it's probably my most satisfying 1cc yet. I think I'm going to play the Phantasmagoria games more from now on.

Piranha

• Hungry Ghost
« Reply #478 on: December 28, 2012, 08:42:00 PM »
SA Normal 1cc with ReimuA, FINALLY!

Omg, this is like my first EoSD Normal 1cc all over again. So damn exciting! ALMOST didn't make it in the end, considering I still have problems with Okuu.
Now to try the Extra stage! :derp:

@ redlakitu
Gratulation to your 1cc's!
PoFV is just insanely intense, been a while since I last tried it.  Now with SA out of my mind, I guess I have no choice anymore. :3
Normal 1cc: EoSD (All), PCB (All), IN (All teams), PoFV (Reimu), MoF (All), SA (ReimuA/ReimuB)
Extra stages cleared: EoSD (ReimuB), PCB (ReimuB)
StB: Level 6-X left
My Replays

redlakitu

« Reply #479 on: December 28, 2012, 09:05:47 PM »
@Piranha
Go for it. Congratulations for your SA 1cc too, it makes me both happy and jealous at the same time because it's something I've been trying to do for a long while now. The game is, in general, really fun, but Utsuho's last two spell cards fill me with dread.