Author Topic: Touhou Accomplishments Thread 19: 90FPS FOR EVERYONE  (Read 221951 times)

Kenta Kurodani

• That guy from IRC
  • Don't mind me, I'm no threat to your high scores
Re: Touhou Accomplishments Thread 19: 90FPS FOR EVERYONE
« Reply #330 on: December 18, 2012, 01:19:52 PM »
Saku, I have bandicam and would be willing to record the raw footage, I just don't have any editing software

Sakurei

• Banned
  • Frequently repeated unapologetic hostility
    • My Blog
« Reply #331 on: December 18, 2012, 02:56:45 PM »
I can record 90 and 120 fps stuff fairly well myself, and I wouldn't mind helping out a fellow player.

Saku, I have bandicam and would be willing to record the raw footage, I just don't have any editing software

<3 thanks you two. I'll take you up on the offer, because something seems off with IHNN's method for me. maybe I'm just stupid, who knows. I'll start working on the game immediately, then. if you don't mind, I'd share the work between the two of you. I.e one one records stage 3-8 and the other one records 9-spoiler.

of course, it's up to you how much you're willing to do. you do NOT need to edit anything. as long as I don't have to download a 60 GB video file, everything is okay (so if you know the file's that big from recording, maybe split it. most softwares allow you to. or compress it, if you can). I'll do the everything past te recording. really, thanks! I appreciate it big time.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #332 on: December 18, 2012, 03:03:36 PM »
I got to PCB Stage 6 in a 1CC!

Then used up all the continues against Yuyuko.

Averaging one continue per spellcard.

:V

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

Ranko Hoshino

• ゆっくりしていってね!!!
  • Take it easy!
    • Ranko's Gaming Blog
« Reply #333 on: December 18, 2012, 04:14:34 PM »
<3 thanks you two. I'll take you up on the offer, because something seems off with IHNN's method for me. maybe I'm just stupid, who knows. I'll start working on the game immediately, then. if you don't mind, I'd share the work between the two of you. I.e one one records stage 3-8 and the other one records 9-spoiler.

of course, it's up to you how much you're willing to do. you do NOT need to edit anything. as long as I don't have to download a 60 GB video file, everything is okay (so if you know the file's that big from recording, maybe split it. most softwares allow you to. or compress it, if you can). I'll do the everything past te recording. really, thanks! I appreciate it big time.
I'd be willing to do plenty. Just let me know how you'd prefer for things to be done.   :)
Currently needing to do more Touhou stuff
My Touhou Replays
IN Yukari Spell Practice: 218/222
Chat with me, maybe?: https://discord.gg/0bbmWG5ankaeyTzH

Ranko Hoshino

• ゆっくりしていってね!!!
  • Take it easy!
    • Ranko's Gaming Blog
Currently needing to do more Touhou stuff
My Touhou Replays
IN Yukari Spell Practice: 218/222
Chat with me, maybe?: https://discord.gg/0bbmWG5ankaeyTzH

MTSranger

• =.=
« Reply #335 on: December 18, 2012, 10:00:31 PM »
I can't believe what just happened :o
Replay: http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=25925
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uf5XgeWo9xQ

SFN Youmu No focus Timeout
Thanks Seppo for proving that it is humanly possible!! You were batshit crazy for trying that :V
575 attempts.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2012, 10:13:09 PM by Kanon »

« Reply #336 on: December 18, 2012, 10:17:33 PM »
Badass. Very low attempt count too. Congrats.

Sakurei

• Banned
    • My Blog
« Reply #337 on: December 18, 2012, 10:24:52 PM »
alright, I am now more than halfway through the game and cleared every scene up to 8-6 in DS.

8-1 was the hardest until now followed by 7-1. everything else was fairly easy. I am dreading stage 9, though :V and catwalk. god knows I am terrible at it.

congratulations to that no focus timeout. I'd never evn try that :V I would never try anything no focus, to be precise. kudos to you.

I'd be willing to do plenty. Just let me know how you'd prefer for things to be done.   :)

! thanks. Then once I finished up stage 8 (tomorrow or something, I presume. the last 3 scenes should fall "quickly" I'll send you a mediafire link. which means you'll also be the first to see everything :V almost takes away the need to watch the video in the end. haha.
and as I said, you basically only need to do the recording. I don't know how you want to sent the video file back, but you can do that however you like. I am very open with that. and unless the videos (you will need to do more than one due to me sending you over 40 replays, so you can't just dumb them all in the DS replay folder) are several GB big, you also don't need to compress them.
I also suggest backing up your own replays if you want to keep them. mine still have the default name "th125_xx.rpy". also another reason why you will need to do more than one video; some replays have the same nam, even though it's another scene.

« Reply #338 on: December 18, 2012, 11:03:35 PM »
Congrats on SFN timeout, JC, that's crazy !

I played some PCB these last days, and got Hard 1cc's with all remaining characters.
Featuring a capture of Resurrection Butterfly (MarisaA) and a first-ever-on-any-difficulty capture of Yuyuko's third spell (the one with homing curving lasers) with ReimuA.

I'll probably do IN with Scarlet Team next, so it will be 4/4 in this game too...
...and maybe one day, put some actual effort into Lunatic mode.  :derp:

« Reply #339 on: December 19, 2012, 12:52:26 AM »
8-1 was the hardest until now followed by 7-1. everything else was fairly easy. I am dreading stage 9, though :V and catwalk. god knows I am terrible at it.

How many shots did you spend on 8-1? That was the one that made me stop. Couldn't handle red phase.

Sakurei

• Banned
    • My Blog
« Reply #340 on: December 19, 2012, 01:04:23 AM »
it's difficult to give an exact number, because my count was already way above my first clear count with aya (I spent around 100 useless shots with hatate, too). but a lot. my best estimation is that I started with like 700 pictures in, now it's above 1200, so over 500. with that count it's on the same difficulty as BoWaP, basically, which is a ridiculous upgrade considering how simple the normal-speed version is.. but no other scene even comes close. 7-1 took me maybe 150-200.

but yeah, the red phase was stupid. I gave up on actively dodging it and went for good positioning. it worked better but requires a lot of reading ahead. I was also being a pussy and took the last photo by zooming in :V the main reason I used aya, too.

« Reply #341 on: December 19, 2012, 01:14:51 AM »
Yeah, that red phase... ehh. That was pretty much the reason i stopped. Just kept getting to it and then died instantaneously.

EDIT: Also, how did you find 7-7? 7-1 was definitely the hardest in level 7 but 7-7 kept me tied up for quite a while too. At least until I realized a better way to handle it.

Validon98

• Deathguard Night Sparrow
  • Harbingers, yo.
« Reply #342 on: December 19, 2012, 01:21:57 AM »
Speaking of Double Spoiler, 3-4, finally done! 184 pictures of bullets to the face later, and I've done it. Now I can say Level 3 is done with Aya.
Derping at Touhou since June 2012, derping at RPing Touhou since Feburary 2013.

Devil of Decline Partial English Gameplay Patch!
Let's Play Nightmare of Rebellion!

Sakurei

• Banned
    • My Blog
« Reply #343 on: December 19, 2012, 01:25:59 AM »
7-7 was easy. I did it in under 30 pictures

but I think I have to mention that I am always using whoever I think it's easier with, so I used hatate on that one. fast re-charge definitely helps A LOT.

what I basically did with it was shot a photo at the beginning of a wave and then go to lower left corner area. stream upwards to avoid the clockwise lasers. the counter clockwise ones were...well, I used focused speed to stay inbetween them whine streaming my way upwards. it's a really simple strategy, but effective on this card.

« Reply #344 on: December 19, 2012, 02:26:06 AM »
EDIT: Fuck that was a hideous post. I have already punched myself for posting it.

Take 2:

30 attempts? My gods, you are insane at this. As for myself, I got very close to capturing 8-1 but RNG made the dumb cat stick to the extreme corners of the screen keeping her well out of my reach. Sucks. I even survived for long enough to take two pictures but alas, she was out of reach. Now I'm definitely going to stop this so that I don't go posting more stupid bullshit like the previous version of this post.

Looking forward to following your progress Saku.

Oh and I also managed to get a timeout of the Prismrivers ReimuB's 2nd non-spell as a part of some Stage 4 pacifism challenge. It isn't exactly hard but I do miss just once on it most of the time. :( Now I'm only lacking one spell and that's their final... and oh gods it's giving me trouble. Best of luck to me I guess.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2012, 02:52:57 AM by Zengeku »

Sakurei

• Banned
    • My Blog
« Reply #345 on: December 19, 2012, 03:16:33 AM »
the stuff with orin being a cunt with her movement happened to me, too. I was on the last picture once when she decided it would be cool to stay in the upper right corner while I was dodging somewhere mid-left low. when I tried taking a picture, she was just outside of my reach and I died like immediately after that. only took me 300 more pictures to reach that point again :V

yeah, 30 pictures is like 6, maybe 7 attempts. I did surprise myself there. just like I did with the catwalk, which I did on the first try somehow :V I finished up stage 8 and done scenes 9-1 till 9-4 (9-4 is still a terrible card. stupid DNA shit - got lucky in the end on my winning run - took like 10 tries only, though). 9-1 wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be, but what I am really dreading right now is 9-7. I am still not sure if I should do it with ay for the zoom or with hatate for the quick recharge. I am pending for aya, though. I had one hell of a bullshit dodge on 8-3, by the way. I laughed my ass off during the remainder of that playing session. that was so arbitrary and I did that prepared to die.
I suppose doing that isn't for everyone. I don't like pacifist to make up for it, I suppose. lol

and yeah, I'm trying my best to do an all-clear again. I don't want to leave out single scenes, so as I progress, my...progress is going to be slower, I suppose. other things I am REALLY scared of right now are 10-8, 11-4 (so much unfocused movement ;_;), 11-2, 12-7, 12-8, EX-5 (oh god that is going to be atrocious) and EX-8. marisa's going to be a cunt, I already know it. there are probably more I am forgetting. (pretty sure 12-4 is going to be hell too.)
oh LET'S NOT FORGET SPOILER-1 AND SPOILER-5 :V lol.

suwako's iron rings are probably tough, but I already know I'll love it. the DS is so badass. definitely one of my favorites in the game.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2012, 03:20:32 AM by Sakurei »

« Reply #346 on: December 19, 2012, 04:15:37 AM »
Sure, we all have our preferences. Just keep it at 60FPS and I'm game.  :V - And good job with your fast progress. You should totally go kick Shou's ass when you are done with this. She would like that quite a lot I'm told.

Also: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YOvq03sua7Q

This is a 1cc run of danmakufu script Alternative Age on Hard mode done by one of my good irl friends. It's pretty decent and there are no other vids of the game as far as I'm aware so I decided to host it on my channel. Go watch it, it's a stupid game and it's got horrendous artwork so it should probably be funny to watch. I've done my best to comment on the gameplay but it's hard to write up something decent for something you haven't done yourself so excuse me when it inevitably sucks.  :3

Lepetit89

• Deranged Collector
« Reply #347 on: December 19, 2012, 06:41:26 AM »

Thanks Seppo for proving that it is humanly possible!! You were batshit crazy for trying that :V
575 attempts.

Good grief, congratulations! That's awfully fast, in more than one way.

Edit: Alright, just to emphasize what I said about Mamizou yesterday - her Spellcards aren't boring! Finally finished this today, even though it didn't really serve any higher purpose, except for having fun and trying to see how much I can improve my capture rate.

51.62% capture rate at the time of #1000, quite an improvement considering the attempts I spent learning the Spellcard and going for a Time Out are also included. After the Time Out, I wanted to see how far I can improve my capture rate, at around 500 I thought it would be cool to find out if the "MASTER" gets a rank up at 1000 - it doesn't, just in case anyone has been dying to know.

I think I did the last 500 captures in the past five or four days and I still love this Spellcard - at this rate, I'll definitely get old before the Spellcard does. Still, I won't try too hard to push my capture rate after this point, 1000 was a fun goal and I'm glad I got past 50% before it (around 930 I think), but I don't want to actually wind up ruining the Spellcard.  What's more, things will only get slower, 90% upwards would be cool, but I think I'd be in the ten thousands before that happens. Occasionally, I do get streaks of upwards of 10 captures in a row (best I bothered to count was 14, but the actual best was somewhere around 20 if I recall correctly), but constantly? Doesn't sound overly feasible.

Nonetheless, the past few days certainly helped the fingers in charge of the directional keys improve their performance, think they could join a Russian ballet.

Well, enough fun grinding here, got enough grinding going on in other games.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2012, 09:07:53 AM by Lepetit89 »

Seppo Hovi

« Reply #348 on: December 19, 2012, 09:37:37 AM »
Good work, everyone.

Especially you. That's insanely small amount of tries for it.

Sakurei

• Banned
    • My Blog
« Reply #349 on: December 19, 2012, 02:59:05 PM »
You should totally go kick Shou's ass when you are done with this. She would like that quite a lot I'm told.

am I doing it right :V?

« Reply #350 on: December 19, 2012, 04:08:59 PM »
Almost 2000 plays of Wild Carpet? That explains why you don't think Mamizou is boring. You must've forgotten what the rest of her stuff is like.  :V

am I doing it right :V?

No. First of all, I totally expect you to do it on Lunatic. Second of all, I totally expect you to do it on 90FPS.

« Reply #351 on: December 19, 2012, 04:11:18 PM »
No. First of all, I totally expect you to do it on Ultra Lunatic. Second of all, I totally expect you to do it on 180FPS.

Fixed :V
Getting clipped since Feb. 2012.

Youtube

Tumblr

Sakurei

• Banned
    • My Blog
« Reply #352 on: December 19, 2012, 04:14:26 PM »
but I did that on 90 fps.

though, I don't think I'll manage a NMNBNUFO stage 5 on lunatic at 90 fps. I can go and try it at normal speed, though. I think that's possible as I am now/after DS. but I suppose doing a few runs for the heck of it is within what I would do.

@bangjan I am pretty sure it's close to impossible to do a NMNB on 180 fps, or ultra. much less both of them combined. humanly, what zengeku said is...doable. just not within my reach.

Lepetit89

• Deranged Collector
« Reply #353 on: December 19, 2012, 04:20:11 PM »
Almost 2000 plays of Wild Carpet? That explains why you don't think Mamizou is boring. You must've forgotten what the rest of her stuff is like.  :V

Preposterous! For fun purposes, I really like her Spellcards, they're kind of laid back in their nature, that's what I love the most about them at least.

« Reply #354 on: December 19, 2012, 04:40:55 PM »
Mmmh, Mamizou has very nice spell cards, congratulations on the >50% consistency @ 1000 captures, it's a rather cool thing. And the other nice things you guys are doing, keep at it!

I brought the 12-4 speedrun in DS over the 173.xx threshold and improved 12-2 even further. Oh, then I did 2-1 in StB at 240fps for fun. It was really fun too! Crazy even!
"you never know, you may have the best strats in the world" - Zil

Immortal Momiji!

« Reply #355 on: December 19, 2012, 05:13:00 PM »
humanly, what zengeku said is...doable. just not within my reach.

It's definitely going to require luck. Think Shou lasers. The 7-1 Shou lasers in DS became pretty fast at 90 FPS. On 60 FPS, they are rather slow though. The UFO Shou lasers are fast at 60 FPS... they are going to be a complete crapshoot at 90 FPS. You'll have basically no time to react when lasers are coming in from both sides with bullets coming at you as well.

If you are thinking of going for 60 FPS Shou you might want to just concentrate on the boss. The stage is really an unholy pain in the ass... well mostly that shitty orb spam at the end. But if you're going to go for full stage NMNBNV then good luck. I've only managed a few 1MNB's my self. Mostly 2MNB because either Shou is being mean or Stage is being mean. And these are ideal runs. There are a lot of crap runs too. So yeah... I suck. Maybe you'll be able to do better. Let's see about that.  :V

« Reply #356 on: December 19, 2012, 07:09:59 PM »
Perfected Ichirin!

The final orb circling bit is still a pain though. If I could just figure that out, I would try for the full stage. I would do Murasa too, but that damn third non-spell is just nigh impossible for me :(.

---

Major congrats to Kanon for the SFN timeout in so few tries, and to Lepetit for the 1000 captures of Wild Carpet!

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
  • If you're alive, you can always keep moving.
« Reply #357 on: December 20, 2012, 12:09:30 AM »
Oh look, perfect Orin after coming off a really long hiatus.

Okay, so it wasn't the first thing I did tonight, and my play still looks terribad (especially during Small Demon's Revival, just watch :V). But it was cool being able to dig through enough rust to pull this off, even if just for one run.
"Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of thinking." - Carl Sagan

NEW AND IMPROVED YOUTUBE, now with 60 fps Touhou videos! Latest video update: WBaWC Lunatic/Extra no-miss no-bomb no-Roars no-Spirit-Strikes compilation.

Sakurei

• Banned
    • My Blog
« Reply #358 on: December 20, 2012, 12:56:20 AM »
I know this is getting inflatornary, but man. I finished up stage 11. now come 2 stages full of pain. 11-2 was the hardest thing is stage 11

10-8 was by far the hardest thing in stage 10 and on one level with 8-1 (it's funny how that's basically the hardest thing yet). I expected that much, though. so I was "prepared" for a lot of tries. it's funny how kanako was entirely a non-issue. suwako is by far superior in this game. 11-6 was as awesome as I expected and I am sure to play around with it more.

on the plus side, I also know of a way to record all my shit at 90 fps. it multiplies my workload by a quadrillion, though. =/ it also looks weird at some parts. eh, whatever works, I suppose.

« Reply #359 on: December 20, 2012, 03:49:43 AM »
Timed out Hourai Doll, after managing to die FOUR TIMES with the time marker at 00. :V :V :V