Author Topic: [Complete] Elly Quest Cont: Extra Stage  (Read 26584 times)

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
  • Whoa, this YF-29's awesome!
Re: Elly Quest Cont: Extra Stage
« Reply #30 on: October 10, 2012, 02:16:23 PM »
>Let's look to Mugetsu. "And why precisely are you worried about all this again?"
Essence RO
Eiji Komatsu L1xx/6x CritsinX | Ryoshima Nanbu L7x/4x Crafting Blacksmith

Arbitrary Gaming~!
Youkai Quest: Unknown Adventure

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #31 on: October 10, 2012, 02:20:40 PM »
>Let's look to Mugetsu. "And why precisely are you worried about all this again?"

> "Because I don't WANT this world to be destroyed. Besides, what if she goes too far? What if she can't fix it? What if doing this ruptures the dream portal? Who knows what could happen then, to other worlds!"

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #32 on: October 10, 2012, 02:27:07 PM »
>Wince a bit. "Ooh, yeah, that is a problem."

Anyone else got any ideas on how to resolve this problem?
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

GuyYouMetOnline

• Surprisingy not smart for lynch dodging
« Reply #33 on: October 10, 2012, 04:36:26 PM »
>What do we know about dream worlds? Would the damaging or destruction of one have an effect on others?
>"You said you created this world. What did you destroy in order to do so?"

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #34 on: October 10, 2012, 05:37:15 PM »
>What do we know about dream worlds? Would the damaging or destruction of one have an effect on others?
>"You said you created this world. What did you destroy in order to do so?"

> Only that they are all connected by a central dimension to the real world, the Dream Portal, but only one route can be open at a time. You guess if something dirupted the portal, then the other worlds, and the real world, could be in danger.

> "Good question. I destroyed the world that already existed here... and it's inhabitants. This used to be someone else's dimension. Then I came along and... well."

I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #35 on: October 10, 2012, 05:42:33 PM »
>"Therein lies the problem though, if you aren't careful, the portal will be damaged, and who knows what'll happen as a result. I'm thinking a multi-dimensional implosion or something."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #36 on: October 10, 2012, 07:15:39 PM »
>"However, you said you destroyed and recreated this world once already. Did anything happen to the portal or other dream worlds back then?"

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #37 on: October 10, 2012, 09:11:05 PM »
>"Therein lies the problem though, if you aren't careful, the portal will be damaged, and who knows what'll happen as a result. I'm thinking a multi-dimensional implosion or something."

> Gengetsu shrugs. "Wouldn't mind it if the moon got imploded.

>"However, you said you destroyed and recreated this world once already. Did anything happen to the portal or other dream worlds back then?"

> "I dunno. There was no portal back then. It just... appeared when I re-made this world. My theory is when I destroyed the world, it ceased to be a 'real' world, and my new world was one in the realms of 'dreams' and 'fantasy'."

Cybeast710

• CAPCOM MAN
  • OBJECTION!
    • My Let's Plays!
« Reply #38 on: October 10, 2012, 09:21:46 PM »
>"So... the old world... existed... in reality... and this one... is a dream? OK, then..."
> Think ruefully that some of those painkillers from Kourindou would be great for that headache you just got.
>"A good idea, i think, would be to destroy most of it, but leave the portal and anywhere within 3 square miles alone."
>"That way, there's almost no risk of damage to the portal, and you still change the world to suit your liking."
My fanfics: Touhou Wrecks X!
What happens when Nue's in a pranky mood and at the same time, Yukari's bored? Pokemon XD: Impostor of Darkness
I made this cool matrixy eye:

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #39 on: October 10, 2012, 10:20:25 PM »
>"A good idea, i think, would be to destroy most of it, but leave the portal and anywhere within 3 square miles alone."

>Don't say that part. Instead, say: "A good idea, I think, would be to leave just the portal area alone."

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #40 on: October 10, 2012, 10:48:02 PM »
>"So... the old world... existed... in reality... and this one... is a dream? OK, then..."
> Think ruefully that some of those painkillers from Kourindou would be great for that headache you just got.
>"That way, there's almost no risk of damage to the portal, and you still change the world to suit your liking."

> "I think so. Not sure. Portal appeared after I re-made the world." Gengetsu says.

> You don't even know what Kourindou is.

>Don't say that part. Instead, say: "A good idea, I think, would be to leave just the portal area alone."

> "I don't think you understand. That's not fun. Besides, the portal shouldn't even be here, this is my world, my creation. Whoever put something in my world so others can interfere was asking for it!"

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #41 on: October 10, 2012, 11:14:16 PM »
>"That's just it, the moment you remade this world, it became a Dream World. And thus, is bound by the same limitation all Dream Worlds have, they have to connect to the Dream Door. And it's my job to keep watch over it, and make sure nothing happens to it."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #42 on: October 11, 2012, 05:45:41 PM »
>"That's just it, the moment you remade this world, it became a Dream World. And thus, is bound by the same limitation all Dream Worlds have, they have to connect to the Dream Door. And it's my job to keep watch over it, and make sure nothing happens to it."

> "And it's my job to watch over my world, and shape it how I see fit. Why does it matter to me if something happens to other worlds?" Gengetsu says.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #43 on: October 11, 2012, 05:55:29 PM »
>"Cause and effect, cause and effect. It's like pulling a loose thread in a tapestry, if you pull wrong, pull hard, or sometimes even pull at all, the whole thing comes undone in a mess of threads."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Cybeast710

• CAPCOM MAN
  • OBJECTION!
    • My Let's Plays!
« Reply #44 on: October 11, 2012, 06:51:16 PM »
>"If you destroy the portal, it's possible you might destroy everything. It's also possible that doing that will make the entire dream realm, including this world, cease to exist. And if that happened..."
> Let the sentence trail off.
What happens when Nue's in a pranky mood and at the same time, Yukari's bored? Pokemon XD: Impostor of Darkness

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #45 on: October 11, 2012, 09:25:27 PM »
>"Cause and effect, cause and effect. It's like pulling a loose thread in a tapestry, if you pull wrong, pull hard, or sometimes even pull at all, the whole thing comes undone in a mess of threads."

> "Except chaos is lovely!"

>"If you destroy the portal, it's possible you might destroy everything. It's also possible that doing that will make the entire dream realm, including this world, cease to exist. And if that happened..."
> Let the sentence trail off.

> "How would you know that would happen? Has it happened before? Clearly not, since your standing here now!"

Cybeast710

• CAPCOM MAN
  • OBJECTION!
    • My Let's Plays!
« Reply #46 on: October 11, 2012, 10:41:20 PM »

> "How would you know that would happen? Has it happened before? Clearly not, since your standing here now!"

(This line deleted because i thought we'd passed the point of no return and hadn't.)
>"Think about it. If you destroy the dream portal and it wipes out the realm, you'll destroy yourself! Is that something you're willing to risk?"
« Last Edit: October 13, 2012, 01:53:55 AM by Cybeast710 »

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #47 on: October 11, 2012, 11:06:07 PM »
>"If you really don't want there to be a portal to your world, you could always simply just isolate the portal area, cut it off from the rest of your world. That would prevent damage to the portal and other worlds, while at the same time preventing others from truly entering your world."

Cybeast710

• CAPCOM MAN
  • OBJECTION!
    • My Let's Plays!
« Reply #48 on: October 12, 2012, 01:40:58 AM »
(Guys, we're going to eventually hit a fight. She's going to be obstinate until we stop her, i bet.)

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #49 on: October 12, 2012, 01:43:44 AM »
Most likely, yes.

Cybeast710

• CAPCOM MAN
  • OBJECTION!
    • My Let's Plays!
« Reply #50 on: October 12, 2012, 01:52:47 AM »
(In that case... why try stalling any longer? It's clearly not working. We might as well hit the starting bell.)

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #51 on: October 12, 2012, 04:06:34 AM »
I think that's about to happen.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #52 on: October 12, 2012, 11:16:57 AM »
[Not got time to actually update, but I'm popping in to say you *can* still resolve this peacefully, however, it's significantly harder since you angered her by making her think Mugetsu betrayed her, and even before then, convincing Gengetsu would have been hard. When things go past the point of no return I usually post a fight theme.]

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #53 on: October 12, 2012, 11:26:50 AM »
Well then, how do we go about this then?
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Cybeast710

• CAPCOM MAN
  • OBJECTION!
    • My Let's Plays!
« Reply #54 on: October 13, 2012, 01:52:46 AM »
Well, for starters... *modifies post attempting to kick off fight because he didn't think it could be resolved peacefully*
We could see if there's a way to convince her not to touch the portal. Tough, but might be possible.
We could also call Yuuka's cutting over here... Unless she can't come for some reason.
We could try selling her on the natural order of things <---- Not even if Higan froze over would this one work.
Try dragging along Cirno and letting Gengetsu use her as a punching bag <------I get the feeling attempting to leave would spark off the battle.
Try seeing if Malus can somehow get the point across <------ Not likely, but worth a try

>"If you really don't want there to be a portal to your world, you could always simply just isolate the portal area, cut it off from the rest of your world. That would prevent damage to the portal and other worlds, while at the same time preventing others from truly entering your world."

I don't think this will work. She's already made it clear she hates the very thought of it being there. We'll need to find a way to completely isolate her world from the portal. Otherwise, we're gonna have to fight it out.

« Last Edit: October 13, 2012, 01:55:58 AM by Cybeast710 »

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #55 on: October 13, 2012, 02:16:51 AM »
Um... that's exactly what that command is saying.

SirChaotick

• Mathematics.
  • Fun for EVERYONE.
« Reply #56 on: October 13, 2012, 04:21:18 AM »
It sounds pretty fair to me.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #57 on: October 13, 2012, 01:10:26 PM »

> "So... you're saying, I could lock away the portal?"

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #58 on: October 13, 2012, 01:15:38 PM »
>"Possibly. We should probably get a third opinion from someone I know who also rules over a Dreamworld, she'd know a bit more than me. Being the Keeper of the Door only does so much before you have to consult someone wiser."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

SirChaotick

• Mathematics.
  • Fun for EVERYONE.
« Reply #59 on: October 13, 2012, 04:12:37 PM »
Gah... I'm being paranoid, but won't that imply her to be subordinate to our third opinion?

Sure, she is, but that's not what she'll want to hear. She thinks she's almighty and stuff, and she's clearly unstable.

Not that I can think of anything better though.