Author Topic: ['Complete'] Rumia Quest V: The Further Adventures  (Read 45217 times)

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
  • Whoa, this YF-29's awesome!
Re: Rumia Quest V: The Further Adventures
« Reply #60 on: September 11, 2012, 11:08:41 PM »
>Nod. "Yeah, which is why if I'm gonna be keeping Gensokyo safe from the likes of her, I gotta get just as strong, if not stronger. Since the Spellcard Rules were made to give folks a fighting chance though, even at that point, I'd still be able to lose."
>Grin. "Which I don't mind one bit, makes things more fun that way. Can't enjoy a fight you know you're gonna win after all."
>"But yeah, I'll be sure to take stock of things down there for her. Might be a few days before I get back up topside though, if Yuugi ends up dragging me into a drinkin' contest."
>Laugh a bit. "I'm no Oni after all, it'd take even a Youkai like me a day or two to recover from something like that."
Essence RO
Eiji Komatsu L1xx/6x CritsinX | Ryoshima Nanbu L7x/4x Crafting Blacksmith

Arbitrary Gaming~!
Youkai Quest: Unknown Adventure

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #61 on: September 11, 2012, 11:12:01 PM »
>Nod. "Yeah, which is why if I'm gonna be keeping Gensokyo safe from the likes of her, I gotta get just as strong, if not stronger. Since the Spellcard Rules were made to give folks a fighting chance though, even at that point, I'd still be able to lose."
>Grin. "Which I don't mind one bit, makes things more fun that way. Can't enjoy a fight you know you're gonna win after all."
>"But yeah, I'll be sure to take stock of things down there for her. Might be a few days before I get back up topside though, if Yuugi ends up dragging me into a drinkin' contest."
>Laugh a bit. "I'm no Oni after all, it'd take even a Youkai like me a day or two to recover from something like that."

> "Being stronger improves your chances, but it doesn't secure victory. The weak can face the strong, and since there is no actual major physical damage, there is no risk to challenging the strong. That's the concept." Reimu says.

> "You know that it might be worse if Yuugi wants to get into a brawl instead, right? You might not come back at all." Marisa says.

> "I'd fight Yuugi! I'm the strongest!" Cirno announces. You have no doubt that she'd fight Yuugi. It's more a question of 'How long would Cirno last?'

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #62 on: September 11, 2012, 11:19:41 PM »
>Chuckle a bit. We'll have to drag Cirno along and see what a Drunken Cirno can do against an Oni. !!SCIENCE!! (Drunk Science?)
>"I was actually plannin' on taking lessons from her and stuff. Oni are the most powerful Physically, so it stands to reason that trainin' with an Oni's gonna make me better at physical combat."
>Grin. "But hey, if you wanna come along then Cirno, I got no problems with that. Been wantin' to test somethin' out anyways."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #63 on: September 12, 2012, 10:07:26 AM »
>Chuckle a bit. We'll have to drag Cirno along and see what a Drunken Cirno can do against an Oni. !!SCIENCE!! (Drunk Science?)
>"I was actually plannin' on taking lessons from her and stuff. Oni are the most powerful Physically, so it stands to reason that trainin' with an Oni's gonna make me better at physical combat."
>Grin. "But hey, if you wanna come along then Cirno, I got no problems with that. Been wantin' to test somethin' out anyways."

> All !!SCIENCE!! is Drunk Science. It's Dwarf Science after all.

> "There's no point in training with an Oni. Oni don't fight skillfully. They just punch you, and their fist goes through you. When you're that strong you don't need skill. About the only martial art they use is the Drunken Fist... and that's natural, not something they learn." Reimu says. "Oni have nothing to teach in the way of fighting."

> Cirno looks curious. "Well, more interesting than floating around the lake all day."

I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #64 on: September 12, 2012, 11:02:55 AM »
>Chuckle a bit. "Well, at the very least, it'll make me stronger physically, which is the big issue. Once I can surpass an Oni, then I know I can match that moonbroad."
>Grin at Cirno. "I think you'll like it."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #65 on: September 12, 2012, 02:00:14 PM »
>Chuckle a bit. "Well, at the very least, it'll make me stronger physically, which is the big issue. Once I can surpass an Oni, then I know I can match that moonbroad."
>Grin at Cirno. "I think you'll like it."

> "Is it even possible to be physically stronger than an Oni?" Reimu wonders.

> "Eye think so too! I've not been underground since I got stronger!"

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #66 on: September 12, 2012, 06:57:56 PM »
>"Won't know until I try, y'know? 'sides, It's been a while since I went down there, so I may as well visit my friends down there too!"
>Sigh. "It's a shame bein' in Makai might make the old me try takin' over again, it'd be nice to visit back there for once."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

GuyYouMetOnline

• Surprisingy not smart for lynch dodging
« Reply #67 on: September 12, 2012, 07:22:41 PM »
>"Also the entire population would wet themselves."

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #68 on: September 12, 2012, 09:52:52 PM »
>"Won't know until I try, y'know? 'sides, It's been a while since I went down there, so I may as well visit my friends down there too!"
>Sigh. "It's a shame bein' in Makai might make the old me try takin' over again, it'd be nice to visit back there for once."

> "Don't say I didn't warn you." Reimu says.

> "I thought that only would happen if you stayed there too long ~ze." Marisa says.

>"Also the entire population would wet themselves."

> "I don't think Shinki would." Wriggle says.

> It is worth noting that after helping you, and apparently helping Yukari a couple of times, the restrictions on Shinki and Makai are a fair bit looser. Shinki pops by considerably more often, and can actually leave Alice's house. She can also bring someone else with her. Although it's also well known that Yukari keeps watch when she comes still. The first person she brought with her was someone called Louise, who apparently always wanted to visit Gensokyo, and during the Makai incident, just before crossing into Gensokyo, was defeated by Reimu, Marisa, Yuuka and Mima, so never got there.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #69 on: September 12, 2012, 10:43:45 PM »
>Chuckle. "Well that's what I meant. I only got to stay there for a short time in the three days between me vanishing at the moon, and my return back at the little party. Yumeko's time-space stuff is pretty useful, we got to chat for a bit in a room separate from the normal flow of time, so I wouldn't go berserk while I was there."
>Seems that pretty soon, Gensokyo-Makai relations will be as good as Human-Youkai relations. Well, soon by Youkai Standards. The fact that one of Gensokyo's Prominent Heroes, us, was born in Makai probably helps too.
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #70 on: September 13, 2012, 08:34:23 PM »
>Chuckle. "Well that's what I meant. I only got to stay there for a short time in the three days between me vanishing at the moon, and my return back at the little party. Yumeko's time-space stuff is pretty useful, we got to chat for a bit in a room separate from the normal flow of time, so I wouldn't go berserk while I was there."
>Seems that pretty soon, Gensokyo-Makai relations will be as good as Human-Youkai relations. Well, soon by Youkai Standards. The fact that one of Gensokyo's Prominent Heroes, us, was born in Makai probably helps too.

> "Sounds like Sakuya's powers." Reimu comments.

> Not really, something about demons will always put off humans and unnerve them. Still, it's better than being scared of an invasion any day from a mama-bear Shinki.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #71 on: September 13, 2012, 08:45:59 PM »
>Well, that's true. But hey, we were born of Makai, and folks are relatively okay with us.
>"It does, doesn't it? And Yumeko throws swords too!"
>Fistpalm. "Hey, maybe Yumeko was modeled after Sakuya's family! I know that's something I'd do if I were Shinki, I'd take a look all over the other worlds for potential...Uhh...Stuff, and then use that as a starting template for other, uh, stuff. Y'know?"
>"Maybe we should get those two to meet each other sometime."
>Beat.
>"I should probably add thrown sword type shots to my list sometime. As a little nod to Yumeko."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #72 on: September 13, 2012, 09:13:07 PM »
>Well, that's true. But hey, we were born of Makai, and folks are relatively okay with us.
>"It does, doesn't it? And Yumeko throws swords too!"
>Fistpalm. "Hey, maybe Yumeko was modeled after Sakuya's family! I know that's something I'd do if I were Shinki, I'd take a look all over the other worlds for potential...Uhh...Stuff, and then use that as a starting template for other, uh, stuff. Y'know?"
>"Maybe we should get those two to meet each other sometime."
>Beat.
>"I should probably add thrown sword type shots to my list sometime. As a little nod to Yumeko."

> You are also quite literally a totally different person.

> "Sakuya throws knives. If Yukemo throws heavier stuff, does that mean she's stronger?" Sanae wonders.

> "If Sakuya is human, and you killed Yumeko before entering Gensokyo, which was over 100 years ago, Sakuya wouldn't have been alive to model her on. I doubt her powers run in the family either." Reimu says.

> "But Sakuya can control time ~ze. For all we know she's ancient." Marisa says.

> "Getting those two to meet might be hard." Reimu says.

> "You don't just add shot types. You need to get swords and skill with them first before you can." the Haurei Maiden says.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #73 on: September 13, 2012, 09:22:34 PM »
>Grin. "In case you haven't noticed, I can just make them out of Dark Energy. Nifty little trick really. Bet I could make Dark Energy versions of stuff just about everyone does. I can definitely pull off a Darkness Spark, that's for sure."
>Fistpalm. "Maybe I should add that as a spellcard sometime down the line. After all, they're shadows of the original."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #74 on: September 13, 2012, 09:36:21 PM »
>Grin. "In case you haven't noticed, I can just make them out of Dark Energy. Nifty little trick really. Bet I could make Dark Energy versions of stuff just about everyone does. I can definitely pull off a Darkness Spark, that's for sure."
>Fistpalm. "Maybe I should add that as a spellcard sometime down the line. After all, they're shadows of the original."

> "Hey, don't steal my spellcards ~ze!" Marisa cries.

> Everyone gives her a patronizing look. Including Cirno.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #75 on: September 13, 2012, 09:38:02 PM »
>Grin at her. "Hey, I'm just taking a classic, and putting my own little spin on it. You did it with Yuuka's Spark, so it's only to be expected~"
>Let's have a good laugh!
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #76 on: September 13, 2012, 09:40:50 PM »
>Grin at her. "Hey, I'm just taking a classic, and putting my own little spin on it. You did it with Yuuka's Spark, so it's only to be expected~"
>Let's have a good laugh!

> Marisa sighs. "Well I guess I can't patent firing a massive laser of energy. I mean, Tenshi does it with Scarlet Weather Rapture. Kinda."

> "Kogasa learnt how to do one too from copying Yuuka!" Cirno reminds everyone.

> Kogasa, who happened to be passing by with a tray at that time to another table, chimes in "Yep! Although it's not that strong!"

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #77 on: September 13, 2012, 09:44:48 PM »
>Smile nostalgically. "Yeah...I remember when she first showed it off too. That was fun."
>Grin. "Hey Marisa, I just had a great idea."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #78 on: September 13, 2012, 09:58:53 PM »
>Smile nostalgically. "Yeah...I remember when she first showed it off too. That was fun."
>Grin. "Hey Marisa, I just had a great idea."

> Yeah, you recall you and Cirno were having a fight and Kogasa joined in because she wanted to surprise you and you ended up teaming up on Cirno.

> "What?" Marisa asks.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #79 on: September 13, 2012, 10:02:13 PM »
>Grin. "After we're done here, let's see who can fire a Spark furthest! Your Master Spark, against my Darkness Spark."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #80 on: September 13, 2012, 10:47:56 PM »
>Grin. "After we're done here, let's see who can fire a Spark furthest! Your Master Spark, against my Darkness Spark."

> "I think it's hard to measure how far an energy beam goes." Marisa says. "Seeing who could do the most damage to something seems better ~ze. Like a mountain."

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #81 on: September 13, 2012, 10:49:22 PM »
>Grin. "We could always try to fire from one end of the barrier to the other. Maybe Aya or Yukari can help measure how far they go."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #82 on: September 13, 2012, 11:18:37 PM »
>Grin. "We could always try to fire from one end of the barrier to the other. Maybe Aya or Yukari can help measure how far they go."

> "Distance doesn't mean anything anyway. When do I use a spark to snipe someone ~ze?" Marisa says. "Besides, lasers keep going until something stops them. They'd both just cross Gensokyo and smash into the barrier unless something else blocked them."

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #83 on: September 13, 2012, 11:32:04 PM »
>"Hmm...Well, there's always the other option, but that'd be rough on both of us. And the collateral damage probably wouldn't be anything to sneeze at either."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #84 on: September 13, 2012, 11:41:00 PM »
>"Hmm...Well, there's always the other option, but that'd be rough on both of us. And the collateral damage probably wouldn't be anything to sneeze at either."

> "Well I guess Yukari could always gap us and..." Marisa begins, before vanishing.

> You fall into a gap.

> You see a bored looking Yukari looking at you and Marisa. She then gaps into two large lumps of metal.

> "This might be worth watching, so I'll help you out." Yukari says. "These are titanium blocks. Very dense, hard metal. See who blasts it the most." Yukari says, before yawning.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #85 on: September 13, 2012, 11:49:05 PM »
>"So, whoever busts it up the most wins, eh?"
>Grin at Marisa. "Well, whoever wins, no hard feelin's, eh?"
>"Let's do it on three, yeah?"
>Start charging up!
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #86 on: September 14, 2012, 12:03:32 AM »
>"So, whoever busts it up the most wins, eh?"
>Grin at Marisa. "Well, whoever wins, no hard feelin's, eh?"
>"Let's do it on three, yeah?"
>Start charging up!

> "Basically." YUkari says.

> "Yeah." Marisa says, holding her Mini-Hakkero

> "Charge on three or go on three? Does it even matter when we fire?" Marisa says.

> Marisa begins charging a large amount of energy.

> You don't usually fire sparks, so you're not sure how to charge it or anything. Or what to focus it with, or, most importantly, the pose. Right now you're just charging an orb of dark energy in your hand, condensing it until it's ready to burst. But that just isn't awesome.

GuyYouMetOnline

• Surprisingy not smart for lynch dodging
« Reply #87 on: September 14, 2012, 12:13:44 AM »
SCIENCE NOTE: Titanium isn't actually super-strong. It's about as strong as steel. Its advantage is that it's light, about 45% the weight of steel. It is the metal with the highest strength-to-weight ratio (it also has high heat tolerance and corosion resistance), but that comes from low weight, not any particularly high strength. Also, it's actually a low-density metal (which kind of comes with the whole low weight thing).

>Keep gathering the energy in the orb, then fire the energy as a beam.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #88 on: September 14, 2012, 12:15:40 AM »
>Alright, let's put it between both hands, and have them out in front of us. With one hand on top, and the other below the orb.
>Then, start to compress the orb a bit, and focus on how we did that blast before, during the Shinki Incident.
>Then, raise the orb overhead, but keep it between our hands. "Yukari, you might want to keep on guard, this could be pretty destructive y'know. Because I'm goin' all out!"
>Focus, then bring our arms down and fire the Spark!

(Could just be a Super Titanium, the kind that's lightweight, but also immensely durable. Gensokyo and all that.)
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #89 on: September 14, 2012, 12:02:24 PM »
SCIENCE NOTE: Titanium isn't actually super-strong. It's about as strong as steel. Its advantage is that it's light, about 45% the weight of steel. It is the metal with the highest strength-to-weight ratio (it also has high heat tolerance and corosion resistance), but that comes from low weight, not any particularly high strength. Also, it's actually a low-density metal (which kind of comes with the whole low weight thing).

>Keep gathering the energy in the orb, then fire the energy as a beam.

[It's YUKARI. She can just mess with boundaries to make it Super-Titanium. Besides, Steel is pretty strong. Also massive lasers create a lot of heat and light. That's what they are. So a high heat tolerance is important.]

>Alright, let's put it between both hands, and have them out in front of us. With one hand on top, and the other below the orb.
>Then, start to compress the orb a bit, and focus on how we did that blast before, during the Shinki Incident.
>Then, raise the orb overhead, but keep it between our hands. "Yukari, you might want to keep on guard, this could be pretty destructive y'know. Because I'm goin' all out!"
>Focus, then bring our arms down and fire the Spark!

(Could just be a Super Titanium, the kind that's lightweight, but also immensely durable. Gensokyo and all that.)

> You take various poses and warn Yukari, who you note is now behind you.

> "Don't worry. I know you can't beat me." she chimes.

> You fire the 'Dark Spark' as Marisa fires a 'Final Spark'. You kind of have to cone your hands to funnel the energy from just exploding everywhere... including on you.

> It seems that both lasers penetrated the metal completely. Yukari then pops out of a gap, followed by two rows of metal plates.

> "I noticed one wasn't enough so I gaped more in the paths of the lasers."

> Marisa's row has five plates ruined, the sixth is pierced but not as badly, and the 7th has a small crater.

> Yours has just small piles of molten scrap left for the first five, the sixth has a hole in it with molten metal dripping down, and the 7th looks like someone strapped an explosive to it, with a larger dent.

> Marisa's dent in the 7th is deeper, but yours is more spread out.

> Yukari inspects the two 7th plates.

> "It's veeery close..."