Author Topic: Touhou Accomplishments XVI - Not Faily Wars  (Read 219248 times)

Re: Touhou Accomplishments XVI - Not Faily Wars
« Reply #750 on: July 08, 2012, 11:44:32 PM »
Perfected boss Eirin up to and including Apollo 13. This looks possible, somehow. <_<

Which shot-type are you using? Marisa basically trivializes Astronomical Entombing because of how fast she kills familiars, as well as Earth in a Pot. Might not be worth giving up Border Team's smaller hitbox though.

Zil

« Reply #751 on: July 09, 2012, 12:38:25 AM »
Always nice to see another UFO 1cc. Congrats BT.

@Seiga: Don't you dare shoot familiars in Astronomical Entombing. If you want to trivialize it then do so at the top of the screen.

Chuckolator

• ex-perfecter, good times
« Reply #752 on: July 09, 2012, 01:11:29 AM »
@Seiga: Don't you dare shoot familiars in Astronomical Entombing. If you want to trivialize it then do so at the top of the screen.
lolwhat, replay of how to do it? Seemed like a good idea at first, but seems a lot harder to me unless there's a trick.
Aiming to perfect every stage in Touhou. loljk don't care anymore You can find my perfects here or here.
Best perfects so far include UFO 6, MoF 4 and IN 6A.

formerly known as Seiga Kaku

SuccinctAndPunchy

• Fear The Melon!
  • I would murder all of you for a cup of tea.
« Reply #753 on: July 09, 2012, 01:19:38 AM »
Next up, the no-movement timeout challenge.  :V

ON! You are so on!

706 attempts to see how low I can get no-movement Saigyouji Flawless Nirvana later and my best is 72 seconds. As in, that's the number the timer displayed.

Not an accomplishment of anything but my extreme patience for incredibly stupid tasks. I do really want to see how low this'll go though, I've never gotten it below 72, died on that number like four times now.

« Reply #754 on: July 09, 2012, 01:45:46 AM »
Fucking no bombs EoSD extra clear! :getdown:

Fuck yeah! After so much persistance, after so much suffering i did it. Feels like one of my most epic touhou achivements (along with first TD hard no bombs).
Hey, that's a good idea! Let me try...done.
Naturally, I'm enough of an asshole to point out that I did it in one try. :trollface:

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #755 on: July 09, 2012, 02:02:22 AM »
Naturally, I'm enough of an asshole to point out that I did it in one try. :trollface:
Hey, I did that a while ago!
and I've done it twice!
3DNB and 4DNB, the 3DNB one is on my channel.

Zil

« Reply #756 on: July 09, 2012, 02:17:39 AM »
lolwhat, replay of how to do it? Seemed like a good idea at first, but seems a lot harder to me unless there's a trick.
http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=22405

I wouldn't really advise trying it. It can backfire horribly, after all. If you're using Border Team, (and I hope you are) then the easiest way is probably to just gun it down with Yukari.

Chuckolator

« Reply #757 on: July 09, 2012, 02:41:09 AM »
Yeah, that's how I thought, the beginning just seems way too tight. Doing it the normal way isn't too bad for me, anyways.
Aiming to perfect every stage in Touhou. loljk don't care anymore You can find my perfects here or here.

« Reply #758 on: July 09, 2012, 03:56:46 AM »

Awww yeahhh! Best weekend ever, 1ccing both IN and MoF Lunatic. As a bonus, I ended up beating Kanako on 1 life. Though I guess that isn't saying much since she's pretty easy for a final boss.  In any case... :toot:

Lepetit89

• Deranged Collector
« Reply #759 on: July 09, 2012, 05:19:13 AM »
Congratulations!

To BT as well, always breaks my heart to see people suffering through UFO until they finally get that drop of the sweet honey of victory, only to realize that someone just stuffed an entire jar of that honey down their throat and their body goes from "Must win" to "This is life" in an instant.

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #760 on: July 09, 2012, 03:13:42 PM »
Congratulations!

To BT as well, always breaks my heart to see people suffering through UFO until they finally get that drop of the sweet honey of victory, only to realize that someone just stuffed an entire jar of that honey down their throat and their body goes from "Must win" to "This is life" in an instant.

I always liked the metaphor "took the elevator to the top of the emotional skyscraper."

But no really BT, good job with that clear. You can rest easy knowing the worst is over with. Just take 10D at your own pace, and victory will come in time.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

« Reply #761 on: July 09, 2012, 07:49:40 PM »
Oh hey, I haven't played in a while, decided to fire up PCB out of lulz and do some stage practice. After a few tries I captured 80% Reflowering or whatever the name is on Lunatic. Not bad dude, not bad.

The closest I'll ever get to a wonderful PCB Extra run. Perfected Ran and only one cherry border blown during the stage on accident.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2012, 08:13:31 PM by Buu »

Chuckolator

MMX

• In Soviet Gensokyo...
  • ...bullets dodge you.
    • LiveJournal blog
« Reply #763 on: July 09, 2012, 08:41:55 PM »
It's either skill or practice time or both that matters. You obviously spend much more time playing touhou than me, so there's no wonder you can do it so fast.
P.S.: Now go time out Royal Flare already! :trollface:
My danmakufu thread Most recent - "Kappa Mechanics" (Nitori fight)   My youtube channel Latest update - EoSD extra no bombs clear

« Reply #764 on: July 09, 2012, 09:52:37 PM »
If I did that, I'd be posting here.
Nah, I wasn't going for a perfect or anything of the sort anyway. It was out of sheer boredom. As long as the boss is perfected I don't really care either way because that's the actually challenging part of the stage, dying during the stage itself isn't a big deal. :P

In any case, all Lunatic and Extra spells captured. Now to unlock Phantasm and finish that as well.

« Reply #765 on: July 09, 2012, 10:22:59 PM »
Just cleared PhanTrues again but still no stage 6 practice available.  Anyone know what's up with this, and what it takes to unlock it? 

Oh

« Reply #766 on: July 10, 2012, 01:47:23 AM »
Holy shit perfect PCB Phantasm on my first try as SakuyaB. She sure makes the spam in the stage (you know which) easier. I was shaking during BoLaD, lol.

SirChaotick

• Mathematics.
  • Fun for EVERYONE.
« Reply #767 on: July 10, 2012, 11:33:40 AM »
I am not sure if this belongs here or in the rage thread. For my standards, I guess it goes here.

I got really angry after ragequitting SA normal on the first stage six times in a row. Then I drank some milk and went at it again.

Did a perfect stage 1, perfect stage 2 (figured out Hatred for the Humble and Rich for the first time) and managed to scramble up to Satori without dying once. Her last spell card was costly, but I got into stage 5 with three lives, while my previous maximum was zero lives.

Thus, I reached boss Orin for the first time, with three lives intact. It was a massacre. Lost on her final spellcard.

Still, this is a major improvement.  :)

Nindella

• That cat!
  • Nyaaa...
    • Youtube Page!
« Reply #768 on: July 10, 2012, 11:40:10 AM »
I am not sure if this belongs here or in the rage thread. For my standards, I guess it goes here.

I got really angry after ragequitting SA normal on the first stage six times in a row. Then I drank some milk and went at it again.

Did a perfect stage 1, perfect stage 2 (figured out Hatred for the Humble and Rich for the first time) and managed to scramble up to Satori without dying once. Her last spell card was costly, but I got into stage 5 with three lives, while my previous maximum was zero lives.

Thus, I reached boss Orin for the first time, with three lives intact. It was a massacre. Lost on her final spellcard.

Still, this is a major improvement.  :)
Nice!  The 1cc should be very close now if you can reach Orin's final spellcard.  You may want to check out Satori's safespot for her last card if you're using ReimuA, aside from cheesing the entire card it also gives alot of graze  :3
Youtube Channel!
Please check it out for Touhou commentaries, LPs, piano transcriptions and more!
My Touhou replays!

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #769 on: July 10, 2012, 03:15:22 PM »
Perfect lunatic Parsee: 3 tries total, failures to: last spell, 2nd nonspell
Perfect lunatic Yamame: 5 tries total, failures to: opener, opener, opener, opener

I mean, I'm glad I got these perfects but really ZUN, that's bad balancing.

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
  • you'll thank me for the cropping later
« Reply #770 on: July 10, 2012, 03:27:48 PM »
Yessssssss.

GFW Normal A1 clear.

20.8 million points, but eh.

How do you unlock the Extra?

« Reply #772 on: July 10, 2012, 05:22:16 PM »
LLS Hard 1CC with MarisaB.

Stage 4, though...holy crap.

I got to Reimu with a stock of 5/0 (I think? pretty sure that's what it was). Last time I tried to 1CC LLS on Hard, I bombspammed the hell out of Reimu and wound up doing so badly I game overed from an initial stock of 3/1.

This time, though, since I didn't have any bombs to start with, I had to actually dodge...

...and dodge...

...holy crap how did I just dodge that...

...how am I not dead yet...

HOLY SHIT I JUST PERFECTED LLS REIMU ON HARD HOW DID THAT HAPPEN.

SirChaotick

• Mathematics.
  • Fun for EVERYONE.
« Reply #773 on: July 10, 2012, 06:02:46 PM »
Just had another big advance on the road to the SA normal 1cc. I suddenly captured both Storm on Mount Ooe and Knockout in Three Steps for the first time in the same run. This combined with an adequate performance on Satori enabled me to enter stage 5 with 6 lives and 4 parts.

Sadly, I had a random clipping death and Cat's Walk killed me twice (I SWEAR I PRESSED THE X BUTTON)

Still, I managed to scramble past Orin and survived long enough into Stage 6 to witness Utsuho's third spell. I am very pleased indeed.

Lepetit89

• Deranged Collector
« Reply #774 on: July 10, 2012, 06:09:38 PM »
12.3 Story Mode Lunatic 1CC with Sanae.

I went through the penultimate Spellcard, seeing it for the first time on Lunatic, getting irritated like never before because of the camera that I hate so much, cost me such an absurd amount of health, wasn't even remotely close to being funny. I still lived through it and figured "Whatever, at least I've got all Spellcards unlocked now!", proceeded to live through the first wave of the last Spellcard, then ran out of luck, but still content with the result of the run. Was already pressing down to get to Spell Practice asap, when suddenly, uh, the ending popped up.

I knew you didn't have to beat the Spellcard in time to get the clear, but I didn't know you didn't even have to survive it.

Regardless, seeing how I'm being absolutely slaughtered by the Spellcard in Spell Practice, I'm really glad it's that way. Whee, time to finally take a look at the Overdrives in TD!

MTSranger

• =.=
« Reply #775 on: July 10, 2012, 06:47:48 PM »
Timed out amulet hell of Futo's overdrive. Reimu hitbox ftw!!
i.e. this:

and this:

Hm, somehow replay.gensokyo.org won't let me upload overdrive replays.
Replay: http://www.sendspace.com/file/ecjgce
« Last Edit: July 10, 2012, 06:59:33 PM by Kanon »

Chuckolator

« Reply #776 on: July 10, 2012, 07:49:12 PM »
Hm, somehow replay.gensokyo.org won't let me upload overdrive replays.
It doesn't display normally, but the link works just fine if you manually construct it like this.

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
  • you'll thank me for the cropping later
« Reply #777 on: July 10, 2012, 07:50:17 PM »
what am i looking at

« Reply #778 on: July 10, 2012, 08:04:46 PM »
Timed out amulet hell of Futo's overdrive. Reimu hitbox ftw!!
i.e. this:
Gee, someone actually did it. I was trying that back then but never survived the last few seconds. Well done bro. xD

Karisa

• Extend!
  • High scores are meant to be broken.
« Reply #779 on: July 10, 2012, 08:10:36 PM »
It doesn't display normally, but the link works just fine if you manually construct it like this.
Also, you can get it to display normally (like I did with this replay) by modifying the replay file a little before uploading (open it as a text file, scroll to the end, and change the "O.D." to "Overdrive"; not sure if anything else works, "Spell126" didn't). (Edit: And you can even search for Overdrive replays by modifying the url so d=8. I see my replay wasn't the first.)

On the topic of the replay itself: Wow, I had no idea the amulets ever lost their 5-way symmetry like in the second image.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2012, 08:35:45 PM by Karisa »