Author Topic: Touhou Accomplishments XVI - Not Faily Wars  (Read 219246 times)

xForeverFanaticx

• Bomb ALL the Spellcards!
Re: Touhou Accomplishments XVI - Not Faily Wars
« Reply #720 on: July 06, 2012, 03:14:02 PM »
YESSSS.
[attach=1]

FINALLY. CLEAR. AFTER SO MANY DEATHS TO HER ON EVEN JUST THAT ONE RUN. THIS PROVES HOW MANY DEATHS I HAD (well, and the flowers prove it too on the pic above) :
[attach=2]

Ugh, it was so friggin tough... BUT. I feel so accomplished, having done at least reasonably well IMO.

Replay is here~ I still don't get how I ended up with 3 extra lives when I got to Eiki :V

And as a note, I would have shot myself if this run didn't go through. You have no idea how hectic I was feeling after 3 consecutive deaths on her.

WHOOO.

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #721 on: July 06, 2012, 07:29:32 PM »
So I decided to stream some Touhou.
Mostly an uneventful hour, although I did have a couple nice captures.

and also a perfect run of the Prismriver sisters on hard mode, something I didn't feel like trying for a while.

That's 1 less hard mode boss on my list.

PMW

• Touhou is only hard when you try
    • My tumblr
« Reply #722 on: July 06, 2012, 07:52:25 PM »
Oh god finally.

StB ultra 7-3 clear, this scene was really annoying because of the horrible hitboxes those knives have and the fact that going through the blue knife walls became basically luck based timing, so I couldn't go through them and having to slowly stream those big bubbles between the dumb knives.

Replay http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=22354

One scene left to reach 75 scenes cleared in ultra!  :D

« Reply #723 on: July 06, 2012, 10:40:15 PM »

Yessssss another lunatic down! I think I used like 5 bombs on Hourai Jewel since it was my first time seeing it, but whatever :V. I had a pretty good run otherwise, considering that this was only my second time against Kaguya. It's kind of amazing to think back on how hard I used to find some of the bosses. I used to think Final Spark was impossible, but now it's an easy capture. I also captured most spells in the earlier stages that gave me trouble. First captures of Ephemerality 137, Asteroid Belt, and Mind Stopper (I don't know how I struggled with this one after seeing it a few times), so I'm pretty happy. Now on to MoF!

Chuckolator

• ex-perfecter, good times
« Reply #724 on: July 06, 2012, 10:54:26 PM »
Adding another IN perfect on the pile with Stage 5 done. If I had any doubts about IN being easiest Touhou, I don't anymore. <_<
Aiming to perfect every stage in Touhou. loljk don't care anymore You can find my perfects here or here.
Best perfects so far include UFO 6, MoF 4 and IN 6A.

formerly known as Seiga Kaku

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should
« Reply #725 on: July 06, 2012, 10:55:58 PM »
Stage 6 is up next~

Chuckolator

« Reply #726 on: July 06, 2012, 11:04:59 PM »
Stage 6 is up next~
Maybe later, but feel free to try for yourself in the meantime.
Aiming to perfect every stage in Touhou. loljk don't care anymore You can find my perfects here or here.

« Reply #727 on: July 07, 2012, 12:29:55 AM »
http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=22364

First EoSD MarisaB 1cc.  I actually did this a few weeks ago, but I left for vacation right after and didn't have time to upload this.

Compared to my MarisaA 1cc this took much less effort. With MarisaA it must have taken like 30 attempts and ended 0/0, but this one took only a few and ended 2/0. I actually think I might be ready for Lunatic now. I ended with that surplus, and I wasted 9 bombs from deaths with unused bombs because I was in a risky "I wanna capture stuff" mood. And a few of my deaths were derps. So if a run goes really well Lunatic is probably possible for me.

I almost had a perfect Stage 3 but I had a derp death during Light Chaos Dance, running straight up into a bullet :(

Chuckolator

« Reply #728 on: July 07, 2012, 01:46:00 AM »

It's a start. <_<

chum

« Reply #729 on: July 07, 2012, 04:32:44 AM »
So I just did my first "speed run" of Shoot the Bullet.

I cleared all the scenes in under 2 hours, which was better than I expected. Gonna try to get under 1:30 next!

« Reply #730 on: July 07, 2012, 04:50:52 AM »

I cleared all the scenes in under 2 hours, which was better than I expected. Gonna try to get under 1:30 next!

Very nice, good luck! This has got to be wayyy harder than my easymode Hatate unlocking DS runs.
"you never know, you may have the best strats in the world" - Zil

Immortal Momiji!

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #731 on: July 07, 2012, 04:51:35 AM »

I sent this over Skype, but I found a pretty consistent 5-5 strat (you took 5+ minutes on it) and I have a better 5-6 strat as well.
[attach=1]

chum

« Reply #732 on: July 07, 2012, 04:56:36 AM »
I sent this over Skype, but I found a pretty consistent 5-5 strat (you took 5+ minutes on it) and I have a better 5-6 strat as well.
[attach=1]

Thanks, I'll take a look at your replays and see if they can help me. I botched 5-5 pretty hard, I don't really have a strategy for it at all.

Massaca

• すやぁ...
« Reply #734 on: July 07, 2012, 01:12:33 PM »
^Wow, that's really cool. Also saw your Asteroid Belt timeout, both awesome.

Felt like playing the Extra stage in IN but wanted to practice Keine's third spell card. Failed 3 times so then I tried Mokou's "Woo". Failed twice. Then I decided to try Fujiyama Volcano. Capped it on my third try then decided to try doing it no focus again which somehow turned into a no focus timeout attempt  ??? Which after a good 30-ish tries I did.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IYw0_y-0QqE
http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=22370
Still love that Spell. Maybe I should try to timeout the Ultra version... but I had enough trouble just capping it, hmm.

« Reply #735 on: July 07, 2012, 01:18:28 PM »
Thanks.

Try doing it at 90 FPS. I did it a few days back, it is ridiculously fun that way.

Massaca

• すやぁ...
« Reply #736 on: July 07, 2012, 01:52:10 PM »
No focus timeout at 90 fps? Hadn't even tried 90 fps before, 50 attempts at it later and I've decided to just try to cap it normally first, which took about another 9 attempts. http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=22371
It' a damn sight quicker than I expected and Youmu is too. Doubt I can do this but I'm sure as hell gunna keep trying. Maybe I'll see what the attempts counter maxes at, haha.

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #737 on: July 07, 2012, 02:19:13 PM »
http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=22372
I captured Hourai Jewel lunatic with Ghost Team!
Funny how it took nearly a year between my first capture of it and this one, although since it only took 7 tries today...

BT

• I never talk to you

Lepetit89

• Deranged Collector
« Reply #739 on: July 07, 2012, 06:07:35 PM »
12.3 Hard Mode Clear with Sanae. Didn't capture the very last Spellcard this time, think I need some practice with the controls, but doesn't make a difference anyway.

Now, time for Lunatic again.

xForeverFanaticx

• Bomb ALL the Spellcards!
« Reply #740 on: July 08, 2012, 02:05:53 AM »
Cleared UFO Extra. Finally. Ended 0/2, because I got clipped near the end when I was all out of bombs. Almost captured Nue's survival, but I got clipped right at the end. Damn her and those wisp bullets... *mutter* They're better with Orin...

Kaze_Senshi

• Ehhhhh...
  • Pale Apple
    • My youtube channel
« Reply #741 on: July 08, 2012, 02:38:27 AM »
First time playing the IN to get the final 1B with Reimu/Yukari, I opened for the first time here the Keine and Marisa's last word, captured the Keine one and went until Kaguya for the first time with 1cc. I was doing well, I arrived in Kaguya at 2:30pm so I was confident to get the final B until that Dragon Necklace spellcard  and  *boof* my pc overheated and BSOD =( Next week I'll buy a new notebook, life is too cruel.
My youtube channel with my creations: https://www.youtube.com/user/KazeSenshi2929
( ゆっくりしていってね)>

« Reply #742 on: July 08, 2012, 02:39:33 AM »
OK, so I had enough of my Hina bad luck curse or whatever the hell happened
And just decided to bomb everything everywhere
VoWG was way too close for comfort though (this is only on hard though)
Replay here
seriously, the end of the VoWG is probably worth checking out, I basically went straight through a bullet sideways and lived
(as well as my terrible luck on her last nonspell)
other than that it's just me bombing like hell on everything everywhere
and yes I do know Hina doesn't actually give others bad luck :V

Of course, that lucky dodge was the only luck I've been getting at all these past few days, it's ridiculous.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2012, 03:35:01 AM by Darkblizer »

Massaca

• すやぁ...
« Reply #743 on: July 08, 2012, 06:21:13 AM »
So earlier on today I decided to try to capture Fujiyama Volcano at 120 fps with Youmu/Yuyu. So I did:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJzZpONbVHU
http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=22384

Then I tried 150 fps and succeeded there too, just took a bit longer. So then I decided to try 180 fps. A crap load of attempts later I managed to do it  :D Maybe not that great since it's only a normal capture and is very heavily luck based but great for me nonetheless.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wk7OvZGSi3o
http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=22385

There's a glitch with the fps display showing it as only being 52 fps but in an attempt to prove it's real I showed a real time play of a spell at 180 fps then it's replay. Vid is in the 180 fps cap comment.

« Reply #744 on: July 08, 2012, 02:12:17 PM »
Finally timed out Game of Rising.

There is no joy, only the knowledge of no more suffering.

Chuckolator

« Reply #745 on: July 08, 2012, 07:16:30 PM »
Perfected boss Eirin up to and including Apollo 13. This looks possible, somehow. <_<

« Reply #746 on: July 08, 2012, 07:34:08 PM »
Phantasmagoria Trues Standard 1cc :V

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #747 on: July 08, 2012, 07:35:48 PM »
Perfected boss Eirin up to and including Apollo 13. This looks possible, somehow. <_<

Best of luck. Eirin was one of the hardest bosses for me to finally take down. Give her one for me! /o/
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #748 on: July 08, 2012, 08:46:19 PM »
http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=22400

My family thinks I'm a crazy after all that screaming.

Do... do I clear TD now? *sigh*

MMX

• In Soviet Gensokyo...
  • ...bullets dodge you.
    • LiveJournal blog
« Reply #749 on: July 08, 2012, 09:20:02 PM »
Do... do I clear TD now? *sigh*
TD is nothing compared to lunatic UFO, go clear it nao :V And btw, congratz with this milestone achivement! ;)

Meanwhile...

Fucking no bombs EoSD extra clear! :getdown:

Fuck yeah! After so much persistance, after so much suffering i did it. Feels like one of my most epic touhou achivements (along with first TD hard no bombs).
« Last Edit: July 08, 2012, 11:50:57 PM by MMX »
My danmakufu thread Most recent - "Kappa Mechanics" (Nitori fight)   My youtube channel Latest update - EoSD extra no bombs clear