Author Topic: Touhou Accomplishments XVI - Not Faily Wars  (Read 219247 times)

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
  • you'll thank me for the cropping later
Re: Touhou Accomplishments XVI - Not Faily Wars
« Reply #570 on: June 28, 2012, 12:46:33 AM »

Why am I posting this in the achievements thread and not the rage thread?

Because this is the first time in playing PCB Lunatic that I've made it to stage 5. And this run had a couple of horrible deaths with bombs in stock, too.

I've progressed a lot lately, it seems.

In other words, I can do this. I will do this.

This is exactly what happened to me. It's a shame the timer got cut off, too, because when I did this, I was sitting at two seconds left.

xForeverFanaticx

• Bomb ALL the Spellcards!
« Reply #571 on: June 28, 2012, 12:52:04 AM »
[attach=1]

Well, I'd say this was my most amazing run yet. Amazing first 5 stages, though not everything was captured, a lot was. Started stage 6 with 9 lives. Started Okuu with 9 lives. Ended 1CC with 7 lives, with those 2 deaths in stage 6 being only stupid ones on Hell's Artificial Sun.

^^

Chuckolator

• ex-perfecter, good times
« Reply #572 on: June 28, 2012, 02:25:10 AM »
Perfected midboss Reimu and boss Reimu minus last spell in the same run! One death to post midboss stage, didn't capture last spell.

I will do this.
Aiming to perfect every stage in Touhou. loljk don't care anymore You can find my perfects here or here.
Best perfects so far include UFO 6, MoF 4 and IN 6A.

formerly known as Seiga Kaku

Esper

• <Temporary Title>
  • <Temporary Text>
« Reply #573 on: June 28, 2012, 02:44:14 AM »
Perfected midboss Reimu and boss Reimu minus last spell in the same run! One death to post midboss stage, didn't capture last spell.

I will do this.

I've never faced Lunatic Reimu but I've heard she's worse than Kaguya. Some people have said that.
My profile picture is whimsy until I feel like adding something else.

Enjoy.

Random

• Rice cakes, sea anemones
  • Benzene, benzene ♪
« Reply #574 on: June 28, 2012, 02:47:57 AM »
I've never faced Lunatic Reimu but I've heard she's worse than Kaguya. Some people have said that.

Beating, maybe, but perfecting, absolutely not.

Chuckolator

« Reply #575 on: June 28, 2012, 02:50:04 AM »
nopenopenopenopenope

Reimu has a few cheap tricks, but they're more or less controllable, and her boss nonspells are pitifully easy to boot. Most of Kaguya's attacks are ignorant somehow, and I don't want to even think about perfecting the main boss only to fail one of her last spells. <_<
Aiming to perfect every stage in Touhou. loljk don't care anymore You can find my perfects here or here.

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #576 on: June 28, 2012, 02:58:10 AM »
DS 5-2 no charge capture.

Currently sitting on 43/108, with about 10 I know I can do.

Which one from 12 is easiest no charge?

Chuckolator

« Reply #577 on: June 28, 2012, 03:04:20 AM »
Which one from 12 is easiest no charge?
12-3 12-6, you can keep jumping from top to bottom to avoid the laser branches if you can get past the bugs. At least in theory, can't say I've tried this myself.

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #578 on: June 28, 2012, 03:16:04 AM »
Well that question is moot now because I got 12-4.
Red Cloak, Blue Cloak no charge clear.

I also got 5-5, a.k.a. laser hell.

« Reply #579 on: June 28, 2012, 09:45:39 AM »
Did you do 6-4?
I just got that one-I even missed a shot but survived due to some crazy dodges.

Yeah I got it now that you asked, no missed shots, like a boss.  BV

Hell yes!! 1ccs of SA, Touhou 11 Lunatic with all Reimu Shottypes!

I should have beaten the game with ReimuB days ago, but at last I did it today!  That feeling which fills your body afterwards, makes your head feel full and giddy, and makes you shake all over... it's been so long  :D

http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=22147

Well done! SA Lunatic is super awesome, and so must you be!
« Last Edit: June 28, 2012, 09:56:18 AM by 大ナマズ様 »
"you never know, you may have the best strats in the world" - Zil

Immortal Momiji!

« Reply #580 on: June 28, 2012, 11:40:24 AM »

Hah...hah...hah...finally did it...

PCB Lunatic 1CC (replay).

Consisting of border abuse, bombspam, and "what is this 'dodge' you speak of". Also a few actually decent moments. :V

Still feeling exhilarated. Nowhere near what I felt after my first Lunatic clear (MoF), but it feels pretty damn good.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2012, 11:54:35 AM by Malkyrian »

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should
« Reply #581 on: June 28, 2012, 12:00:32 PM »
Have you 1cc'd IN yet? All you should need is a few hours of practice, since that's all IN is about.

« Reply #582 on: June 28, 2012, 12:18:02 PM »
Somehow unlocked Spoiler on DS and got 2 down. Gonna attempt more Blazing Star and go on to the rest, I guess.

« Reply #583 on: June 28, 2012, 12:53:57 PM »
Captured like >50 cards in IN Spell Practice, see myself improving a lot in dodging skills, and even reached stage 6 with remilia solo on normal  :)
Tried Hard/Lunatic difficulty, giving me a few surprise, although both attempts didn't reach stage 6/4 :(
I notice that I have unlocked 4 last words, although my skills is not ready for it XDD
BUT, despite all these, I still can't figure out the extra stage =.=

« Reply #584 on: June 28, 2012, 03:21:18 PM »
Unlocked Hatate after playing for 1 hour, 12 minutes and 26 seconds on a fresh score.dat.

This was basically a test run, and I already got a few ideas on which scenes to skip in future attempts, oh and I played through all the Hatate spoiler scenes as Aya just because.  :V

I wonder if there are any benefits scorewise to use Aya instead of Hatate in the spoiler scenes, has anyone looked into this?

Immortal Momiji!

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #585 on: June 28, 2012, 03:39:57 PM »
I'm pretty sure the Spoiler scenes have a fixed character choice-no Aya vs. Aya and no Hatate vs. Hatate.

Funny you should speedrun unlocking Hatate, I pseudo-planned a route.

If you record it this is another category that could go on SDA-and it'd be pretty impressive I think.

Chuckolator

« Reply #586 on: June 28, 2012, 03:41:53 PM »
I wonder if there are any benefits scorewise to use Aya instead of Hatate in the spoiler scenes, has anyone looked into this?
I'd think Hatate would be better because 1.7x angle bonus, wouldn't she? Maybe that's why you couldn't even get 10m

« Reply #587 on: June 28, 2012, 04:09:48 PM »
I'm pretty sure the Spoiler scenes have a fixed character choice-no Aya vs. Aya and no Hatate vs. Hatate.

It's a bug, if you choose next scene at SP-4 and onwards you can go on as Aya vs Aya.

Funny you should speedrun unlocking Hatate, I pseudo-planned a route.

If you record it this is another category that could go on SDA-and it'd be pretty impressive I think.

It's any% RTA, right? I see your route, here's what I did.

1-3 all
4 skip 4-2,4-7
5,skip 5-5
6 skip 6-2
7-2, 7-4,7-5,7-6
8-2,8-4,8-5,8-8
9,2-,9-5
10-1, 10-4
11-2, 11-4
12-1
EX-1,EX-3,EX-4,EX-8

I felt I should be able to consistently do these scenes, I was disappointed in 8-8, probably lost me 5 minutes, by dying repeatedly at last photo with 98-99% charge like a derp (if I freshened up my memory beforehand it would not have happened).
maybe 8-4 was really risky, but I did oneshot it, I might go for 11-6 or 11-8 instead.
11-4 did make me rage, I might do 7-7 instead in the future.
I easily lost 10-15 minutes in the spoiler scenes from doing the Hatate part with Aya, but yeah.

I'd think Hatate would be better because 1.7x angle bonus, wouldn't she? Maybe that's why you couldn't even get 10m

Well, Aya can fit more bullets in the frame, can't she (I suck at DS scoring)  :V

Immortal Momiji!

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #588 on: June 28, 2012, 04:20:54 PM »
any% SS (single segment, meaning no saves and no stops), since SDA doesn't use "RTA" to describe it.
But yeah, that's what it would be.

Consistency is what I made my route for-I'm pretty consistent at 7-3 but not at all at 7-2.  I'm also very consistent at 6-2 but not at 6-3.

I think not dying would mean this gets finished in ~35 minutes, maybe 30 even.

« Reply #589 on: June 28, 2012, 04:31:52 PM »
any% SS (single segment, meaning no saves and no stops), since SDA doesn't use "RTA" to describe it.
But yeah, that's what it would be.

Consistency is what I made my route for-I'm pretty consistent at 7-3 but not at all at 7-2.  I'm also very consistent at 6-2 but not at 6-3.

I think not dying would mean this gets finished in ~35 minutes, maybe 30 even.

Yeah that sounds like a good estimate, and unless there's some competition the route would probably always be up to the runners preferences, right?

I might try recording another attempt, but I fear that some better players will put even a decent attempt from me to shame rather easily.

Immortal Momiji!

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #590 on: June 28, 2012, 06:39:27 PM »
Partly inspired by the current haps in the rage thread, I decided to take a go at EoSD extra.

Welp.

Also in this run I finally figured out a good way to handle Catadioptric. That spell card has prevented many a perfect before, but this should cut it down to size. :3
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

« Reply #591 on: June 28, 2012, 07:44:06 PM »
Recorded a 0:54:01 in game time DS Hatate unlocking run (about 1:00:12 real time). I didn't exactly do the menu stuff very fast, accidentally starting scenes I didn't intent to play and shit like that. My biggest issue is definitely the spoiler scenes, because they are so freaking slow with all the camera zooming going on, so failing there is too annoying. Oh well, might try again sometime.

Immortal Momiji!

Chuckolator

« Last Edit: June 28, 2012, 08:37:22 PM by Seiga Kaku »

Heian_Alien

• Act normal...
  • Act normal!
« Reply #593 on: June 28, 2012, 08:39:49 PM »
AT LAST... Lunatic 1cc... PCB/ReimuA. It's my first one, too. Holy shit that felt great. Like I were high or something.
I also realized, that all I needed to do was take no risks, and bomb DAMN liberally.
Features:
  • Full Bomb stock Death to Midboss Chen
  • Massive Alice fail
  • Massive Prismriver fail
  • Amazing, for my standards, Youmu, with God's Flashing slash fucking captured, for the first time.
  • And much more..

Thanks to Malkyrian for the motivation... His clear sparked my pretty much sleeping interest for PCB  :V

[REPLAY: http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=22163 ]

SuccinctAndPunchy

• Fear The Melon!
  • I would murder all of you for a cup of tea.
« Reply #594 on: June 28, 2012, 09:28:37 PM »
Tried Lunatic Mode on Imperishable Night with the lives set to 5 because anymore and I'm probably not going to learn anything besides bombombombomb.

Game overed to Earth In A Pot.

To be honest, getting all the way to Stage 6 was a much better outcome than I could've ever hoped for. I thought I was going to game over on Stage 4.

My bid for survival throughout Stage 5 was a thing bordering on insane determination. I had zero lives going into Tewi and managed to hold out long enough to get her extend and then lost the life during Reisen but during the fight I got the 800 point extend to bump me back up to one spare live which I subsequently lost but at least managed to reach Stage 6 with, and then I died to Earth In A Pot.

Not bad, all in all. I oughta start shifting my default playmode for Imperishable Night to Lunatic because I can easily see this being possible if I just get used to it.

Chuckolator

« Reply #595 on: June 28, 2012, 09:47:49 PM »
Tried Lunatic Mode on Imperishable Night with the lives set to 5 because anymore and I'm probably not going to learn anything besides bombombombomb.

Game overed to Earth In A Pot.

To be honest, getting all the way to Stage 6 was a much better outcome than I could've ever hoped for. I thought I was going to game over on Stage 4.

My bid for survival throughout Stage 5 was a thing bordering on insane determination. I had zero lives going into Tewi and managed to hold out long enough to get her extend and then lost the life during Reisen but during the fight I got the 800 point extend to bump me back up to one spare live which I subsequently lost but at least managed to reach Stage 6 with, and then I died to Earth In A Pot.

Not bad, all in all. I oughta start shifting my default playmode for Imperishable Night to Lunatic because I can easily see this being possible if I just get used to it.
If you're just looking to 1cc (and lose before stage 6 next attempt) I'd continuespam Eirin so you can choose Kaguya on your real run. She's a lot easier than Eirin, imo, and a 1cc is a 1cc.

SuccinctAndPunchy

• Fear The Melon!
  • I would murder all of you for a cup of tea.
« Reply #596 on: June 28, 2012, 09:51:01 PM »
If you're just looking to 1cc (and lose before stage 6 next attempt) I'd continuespam Eirin so you can choose Kaguya on your real run. She's a lot easier than Eirin, imo, and a 1cc is a 1cc.

Oh god yeah. If I think I'm in with a chance I'll pick FinalB. I can't do Eirin for shit.

Thing is, I had 0 lives and 2 bombs at the end of Stage 5 so I had to go FinalA because I actually wanted to see the ending.

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #597 on: June 28, 2012, 10:01:53 PM »
I am now 3 scenes away from unlocking Spoiler stage without camera charge.
I got EX-1, EX-4 and EX-8 all first try O.O

Esper

• <Temporary Title>
  • <Temporary Text>
« Reply #598 on: June 29, 2012, 12:45:49 AM »
I got EX-1, EX-4 and EX-8 all first try O.O

I can only say the following to sum up my jealousy:

Fuck tables, FLIP EVERYTHING!
My profile picture is whimsy until I feel like adding something else.

Enjoy.

Chuckolator

« Reply #599 on: June 29, 2012, 01:18:12 AM »
I can only say the following to sum up my jealousy:

Fuck tables, FLIP EVERYTHING!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxrr7tYkCg4