Author Topic: 東方幻想魔録 ~ Devil of Decline Translation  (Read 240452 times)

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
Re: 東方幻想魔録 ~ Devil of Decline Translation
« Reply #240 on: April 07, 2013, 04:30:11 PM »
Its only been a month guys. Gosh...
Though its kinda worrisome that deranged hasnt even LOGGED IN for a month...hopefully rl issues arent bad?

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #241 on: April 10, 2013, 01:03:05 AM »
I return from the grave of not logging in!

I just managed to get the game working, though I have some questions/issues.

1: I'm using the 1.00 version of the game, and just about all text is shifted over to the left, sitting outside of the text boxes. is there a solution?

2: When I got to the Heroine Select screen, I couldn't seem to select anyone other then Reimu. How do I select someone else? I would prefer to use Yukari, to be honest.

3: I'm using a keyboard, and I don't understand the controls. At all. What is each button supposed to do?

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #242 on: April 10, 2013, 02:44:12 AM »
I'm using the 1.00 version of the game,
It's full of horrible glitches. Upgrade. Preferrably to the expansion (There's several things that are new in the main game too, from doing this) but at least to whatever the latest non-expansion version was.

I think #2 is due to you using 1.00. No joke. Unless you never set your directional buttons in the config.

Unsure on the rest; just set your four main buttons to something familiar and you should be able to figure out pretty easily which button is for Yes, No, and Open-The-Menu. If I remember correctly, L and R are used for autobattle and running, (maybe not in that order) and for menu navigation. Some button will skip scenes and some button will open the world map after you get far enough in the game for it. That should be the jist of it. Terrible explanation, I know, but better then nothing.

<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #243 on: April 10, 2013, 03:07:11 AM »
Well, where would I find the updates then? And what would be the changes between the regular version and the expansion?

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #244 on: April 10, 2013, 03:15:19 AM »
More recruitable shikigami, more weapon skills to learn, (And I do mean before the expansion content) and some general performance/aesthetic/balance changes. Plus you won't have to upgrade later in order to actually play the expansion section.

Final patch for non-expansion: http://g-mirror0.gptwm.com/ichigobouzu/gensou_maroku/patch_maroku_112x.exe
Latest patch for expansion if you get that in the future: http://patch.hachikuma.net/maroku/patch_maroku_211x.exe
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #245 on: April 10, 2013, 03:35:19 AM »
Updated to non-expansion 1.12, the text is still shifted over to the left. I also noticed in the opening scenes that the !? Reimu does doesn't vanish until the screen changes to the character select...

Edit: Seems it's any !? emote that doesn't vanish. Strange, as ! and ? vanish just fine.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2013, 03:55:32 AM by MysTeariousYukari »

Validon98

• Deathguard Night Sparrow
  • Harbingers, yo.
« Reply #246 on: April 10, 2013, 04:37:35 PM »
Okay, I just realized that despite the fact that the translation is not yet finished, perhaps other people should work on something else related to the game: improving the wiki entries on it. I know people can just look at the Japanese wiki, but that shouldn't mean we should be lazy with the English wiki. It's not that much updated to the expansion, many of the character profiles are incomplete, the walkthrough is incomplete, the equipment section has no equipment lists at all, and so on and so forth. I think that like with the information we have on Genius of Sappheiros, the Japanese and English names of all of the skills, equips, and so on should be posted so people can improve translations where possible (I honestly can't translate everything with ATLAS, because sometimes the results are pure gibberish).
If anyone is interested in doing this, let me know.

EDIT: Another thing: The "master" characters and the shikigami should be separated, not put on the same page, considering the massive amount of shikigami in the game.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2013, 04:51:20 PM by Validon98 »
Derping at Touhou since June 2012, derping at RPing Touhou since Feburary 2013.

Devil of Decline Partial English Gameplay Patch!
Let's Play Nightmare of Rebellion!

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #247 on: April 13, 2013, 06:56:54 PM »
Welp, I found another display issue. At the synthesis thing, materials are being numbered as 0, both needed and held. All 5 starting recipes show that they need 0 of their materials, and that I have 0. If I actually have the correct amount, whatever it is, then the material name will be in white, while less then needed is grayed out.

Edit: Seems that after the white text 0, it changes to other symbols, such as P and *, which makes this sorta weird >_>
« Last Edit: April 13, 2013, 10:09:08 PM by MysTeariousYukari »

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #248 on: April 14, 2013, 12:30:03 AM »
Are you using jap locale? I've watched plenty of people play the game and never seen this issue.

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #249 on: April 14, 2013, 12:31:38 AM »
Jap locale is likely the issue, because I don't even know how to check that, or change it.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #250 on: April 14, 2013, 12:39:41 AM »
Google how to change your system locale.(It varies depending on your OS and you can probably find a microsoft website with lots of pictures that I'd probably need to reference if it wasn't my OS anyway)

Assuming you aren't on like, some version of OS that requires you manually install the files, then it's really easy and the only "bad" part is you have to restart your computer.

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #251 on: April 15, 2013, 02:48:20 AM »
Soooo... is there an actual list of Weapon skills? Like, when you can learn them, what the chance is, if they require another move to be used? I've been getting weapon mastery, and some skills, but the rates seem to vary between characters. Like, Yukari is constantly behind Youmu in Swords, Mokou quickly caught up to where Yuyuko was in Spears, and Utsuho have more Blunt moves then she has slots for. That last bit is really odd since Utsuho is jumping between Mage and Melee as needed/on a whim.

Sorry for the barrage of questions in the translation thread x.x

Validon98

• Harbingers, yo.
« Reply #252 on: April 15, 2013, 10:47:33 AM »
Soooo... is there an actual list of Weapon skills? Like, when you can learn them, what the chance is, if they require another move to be used? I've been getting weapon mastery, and some skills, but the rates seem to vary between characters. Like, Yukari is constantly behind Youmu in Swords, Mokou quickly caught up to where Yuyuko was in Spears, and Utsuho have more Blunt moves then she has slots for. That last bit is really odd since Utsuho is jumping between Mage and Melee as needed/on a whim.

Sorry for the barrage of questions in the translation thread x.x

Well, you're going to have to check the Japanese wiki for that. Here are the links to some lists that might be helpful:

Sword Skills
Spear Skills
Blunt Skills
List of All Skills and Chance of Learning

These links all lead to Japanese sites, but if you run them through Google Translate you'll be able to get an idea of what they do.
As to why your skills are staggered, each character has a "compatibility" with certain skills. Here's what I wrote before regarding skill learning on my LP.

Learning Skills

Character Types-
1 (Good-1, Neutral-2,3, Bad-4)- Reimu, Yukari, Byakuren, Meiling, Kogasa,
Spoiler:
Angra
2 (Good-2, Neutral-4, Bad-1,3)- Remilia, Youmu, Nitori, Suika
3 (Good-3, Neutral-4, Bad-1,2)- Yuyuko, Mokou, Yuuka, Eiki
4 (Good-4, Neutral-2,3, Bad-1)- Marisa, Patchouli, Sanae, Utsuho, Sunny,
Spoiler:
Mima

If Good, Needed Level is the same
If Neutral, Needed Level is Base Level + 2
If Bad, Needed Level is Base Level + 5

Final Chance=(Basic Probability+LV Correction)*Type
LV Correction = LV of Target-(Necessary Enemy LV+4)*a

If Base Chance = 1, a=0.4
If Base Chance = 10, a=1
If Base Chance = 20-40, a=2.5
If Base Chance = 50-100, a=5

If Good, Type = 1
If Neutral, Type = .5
If Bad, Type = .2

I don't know if that's helpful to you or not, but there you go. Utsuho gets a lot of skills probably because she is a Type 4, and they get some good skills to make up for the fact that they are mage-types, for the most part. I also put the names of characters that won't appear until the postgame expansion in spoiler tags (although it probably would be better if I put them all in spoiler tags?).

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #253 on: April 29, 2013, 03:25:03 AM »
As I start getting into the later game stuff, such as
Spoiler:
The 3rd Stratum Tower
I start wanting the expansion/festival more and more.
Spoiler:
Mining Village and Benevolence Wall and Post Game everythings, Oh My~
Anyone have a link to it I could use, please and thank you? :) and sorry if I missed the link to it, if there was one in here. :derp:

and sorry for the barrage of questions and stuffs :blush:

Maiden Synnae ミ☆

• Wizard Maiden
  • ★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆
« Reply #254 on: June 21, 2013, 07:15:06 PM »
I was wondering, is there not a way to at least release a gameplay translation patch for this, while leaving the story dialogue aside?

I'm asking that because it seems like this translation part is already done.

Sweetness and love~ ♥

Lukesky180

• Knight of the Hungry Ghost
  • Yuyuko-sama!
    • HSE-Endeavor's Robotics Team
« Reply #255 on: June 21, 2013, 07:23:31 PM »
I have been wondering about the progress of this project as well.
>This is the little mistress.
>Oh, hello little one!
Is this my dream, the destiny to behold?
~Sister of Scarlet~

Maiden Synnae ミ☆

• Wizard Maiden
  • ★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆
« Reply #256 on: June 21, 2013, 08:11:23 PM »
Well, I posted something just to see if it's still alive, even though everything seems to imply that it's not.

Sweetness and love~ ♥

Validon98

• Harbingers, yo.
« Reply #257 on: June 21, 2013, 08:21:43 PM »
I was wondering, is there not a way to at least release a gameplay translation patch for this, while leaving the story dialogue aside?

I'm asking that because it seems like this translation part is already done.

I asked about something like this a while ago (read: a few months ago) and I wasn't answered, so I second this. Is this possible?

« Reply #258 on: June 21, 2013, 09:29:20 PM »
There isn't a single day that goes by without me thinking about these projects, though I probably qualify as LEGALLY TERRIBLE at this point.
Sadly things seem to have taken a dip for the worse, interfering with my day to day life and jeopardizing classes. I'm not dying or anything, but it's vexing and I don't have any clear answers yet.

I really wanted this post to be about progress or anything other than this instead, but I can't help it at this point. I have no intention of letting the projects die, I wouldn't be able to live with myself. All I can do right now is apologize, thank you for your continued patience, and say that I feel horrible about all this.

I will get better, and I want to keep working on this. Don't worry about that.

Maiden Synnae ミ☆

• Wizard Maiden
  • ★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆
« Reply #259 on: June 22, 2013, 12:01:28 AM »
I believe in you since you have finished Genius of Sappheiros already, so, this one will certainly be finished as well.

Hope things will get better for your side, and I'm still looking forward for the patch of this game. Playing RPG's in a language you can't read is hard. :(

Sweetness and love~ ♥

« Reply #260 on: June 22, 2013, 08:51:06 AM »
Genius of Sappheiros turned into one of my most favorite games ever. Just knowing you are still on this makes me happy.

Please don't wreck your life because of this, I have a lot of patience.  :)

Maiden Synnae ミ☆

• Wizard Maiden
  • ★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆
« Reply #261 on: June 22, 2013, 03:02:25 PM »
Genius of Sappheiros is by far my favorite RPG, due to how challenging it is. There wasn't a single boss that I didn't have to check for a strategy on Touhou Wiki to help me beating it. I have over 300 hours of playtime on this game for a reason, and most other RPG's I've played are much easier if compared to this one.

People seems to say DoD is easier, but that it gets pretty hard near the end. Even though it's easier, I'm pretty sure it's still challenging enough and will provide me lots of fun. :)

I also can't wait for Nightmare of Rebellion. <3
« Last Edit: June 22, 2013, 03:05:37 PM by Synnae ~★ »

Sweetness and love~ ♥

TwilightsCall

• 名探偵ヱリカ参上!
  • あなたの応手を拝見しましょう
« Reply #262 on: June 24, 2013, 02:44:01 PM »
If a new guy were to step in and help, where would the help be wanted?

I'm going to essentially be a free agent as of next week, so I might be able to help push this forward a little bit if there's any translation that needs doing.  Just let me know what needs working on and I'll see if there's anything I can do.

Maiden Synnae ミ☆

• Wizard Maiden
  • ★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆
« Reply #263 on: June 24, 2013, 05:14:21 PM »
This sounds awesome! I'm pretty sure there's some stuff left to be translated, so, hopefully TheNewGuy will accept your help. The more translators, the better.  :D

Sweetness and love~ ♥

Validon98

• Harbingers, yo.
« Reply #264 on: June 24, 2013, 05:37:25 PM »
As far as I know, what basically needs translating is story (Reimu's story was for the most part finished, I think, but expansion stuff and some minor cutscenes have not). I think gameplay stuff is done, but I'm probably wrong. I guess the big things are the other three character's stories plus the expansion story.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #265 on: June 24, 2013, 05:41:26 PM »
AFAIK the equipment translations were not done, but considering translators very well could have talked privately with TNG between now and the last progress update, it's hard to tell.

BL2W

• ~ SHINING FINGER ~
  • I take many forms, and this won't be my last.
« Reply #266 on: June 28, 2013, 08:57:44 AM »
I'm very happy to see from the posts above that this project isn't dead~! I've been getting a real kick out of The Genius of Sappheiros; the translation work that you guys did for the game looks so professional that it's absolutely profound and I couldn't be more impressed.

Sadly, there isn't really anything I can do to help in translating Devil of Decline, but the least I can do is cheer you on and try to raise your spirits~! Fight on, guys~!

Now, you can follow my art studio, KyokoPro Studios, on deviantART, Facebook, and YouTube~!

TwilightsCall

• 名探偵ヱリカ参上!
  • あなたの応手を拝見しましょう
« Reply #267 on: June 28, 2013, 01:13:53 PM »
It seems to me like the equipment information is the most important thing that would need translating (ie the most helpful if a partial patch were to be released), so I'll probably work on that first.  But that of course depends on whether or not someone has already done it/is already working on it.  Any confirmation as to whats done and what needs doing by...anyone on the project would be very helpful.

Spoiler:
Alternatively, if there are no responses, I'll assume I've been rejected and just go cry myself to sleep :(

Maiden Synnae ミ☆

• Wizard Maiden
  • ★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆
« Reply #268 on: June 28, 2013, 05:48:31 PM »
Spoiler:
Alternatively, if there are no responses, I'll assume I've been rejected and just go cry myself to sleep :(

I'm also wondering why there are no responses so far. Well, I was assuming you guys were communicating through private messages, but seems like that's not the case.

Sweetness and love~ ♥

« Reply #269 on: July 15, 2013, 02:58:25 PM »
What is happening to all these great projects...