Author Topic: 東方幻想魔録 ~ Devil of Decline Translation  (Read 240449 times)

Re: 東方幻想魔録 ~ Devil of Decline Translation
« Reply #210 on: February 04, 2013, 01:57:09 PM »
By the way, I have a couple questions related to the game itself, not the patch... while it was not released yet.

The game got a few updates so far, right...? Does any of them add a sort of "easy mode" like on weekend...? If not, is DoD easier, harder, or more or less the same difficulty as GoS?

And... does the game introduce some original characters as villains as well...? I mean, just like GoS' three gorgon sisters. (Please don't spoil me anything about them, just tell me if there are OC's present or not)

1. The game is easier than GoS. It's more casual less BS can happen to you. Late game can be pretty annoying though.
 I haven't tried out the new patch so I'm not sure if it added an "easy mode" like weekend did.

2. Yes, OCs are present.

« Reply #211 on: February 04, 2013, 02:02:12 PM »
1. The game is easier than GoS. It's more casual less BS can happen to you. Late game can be pretty annoying though.

Sure, if you don't count a certain someone using a certain whole-party-nuke that hits for more health than you have on the very first turn and every subsequent turn thereafter based on how unlucky you are.

« Reply #212 on: February 04, 2013, 02:17:30 PM »
Sure, if you don't count a certain someone using a certain whole-party-nuke that hits for more health than you have on the very first turn and every subsequent turn thereafter based on how unlucky you are.

I'm sorry but, who?

« Reply #213 on: February 04, 2013, 02:43:17 PM »

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #214 on: February 04, 2013, 03:10:51 PM »
The game gives you a lot of ways to circumvent the nuke and it's not a long boss fight, so it's not really as big of an issue as it sounds. In the end game, there's some stuff you can do to hit for absolutely insane amounts of damage as well. STR boosting weakness damage and INT boosting critical damage becomes broken.

It's easier then GoS for sure, but it does still have it's moments. Apart from the final dungeon though (Which I think is justified because final), these "moments" are generally just "prepare for the gimmick and you should be okay".
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Validon98

• Deathguard Night Sparrow
  • Harbingers, yo.
« Reply #215 on: February 04, 2013, 08:37:44 PM »
As someone who's been waiting for this translation for the past half-year, or at least it feels that way, I'd be very much in approval of a gameplay-only patch. If anything, we can use that to find things that might need correcting as soon as possible.

I agree. Story is something I like and approve of, but after waiting for this long, I'd at least like to be able to read the menus without my translators spewing garbage, like on the synthesis screen. That's a nightmare waiting to happen always.

It's easier then GoS for sure, but it does still have it's moments. Apart from the final dungeon though (Which I think is justified because final), these "moments" are generally just "prepare for the gimmick and you should be okay".

Having played this game twice, I agree. The same is true of GoS to an extent. As long as you know what to do, aside from possible RNG nonsense, you're pretty much set. It's the battles that are hard yet don't have a gimmick that you can circumvent (Eirin and Kaguya, for example) that are legitimately hard without grinding forever.
Derping at Touhou since June 2012, derping at RPing Touhou since Feburary 2013.

Devil of Decline Partial English Gameplay Patch!
Let's Play Nightmare of Rebellion!

Maiden Synnae ミ☆

• Wizard Maiden
  • ★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆
« Reply #216 on: February 04, 2013, 10:19:31 PM »
Spoiler:

Thanks for putting the spoiler tag. I still haven't read it, whatever that's written there.

I'd appreciate if the others put spoiler tag as well whenever necessary... because not only me, but there might be also some other people who doesn't want to be spoiled.

Sweetness and love~ ♥

« Reply #217 on: February 05, 2013, 12:40:14 AM »
Having played this game twice, I agree. The same is true of GoS to an extent. As long as you know what to do, aside from possible RNG nonsense, you're pretty much set. It's the battles that are hard yet don't have a gimmick that you can circumvent (Eirin and Kaguya, for example) that are legitimately hard without grinding forever.

You could use Control on Kaguya though. That's what I did.

« Reply #218 on: February 05, 2013, 12:48:56 AM »
As someone who's been waiting for this translation for the past half-year, or at least it feels that way, I'd be very much in approval of a gameplay-only patch. If anything, we can use that to find things that might need correcting as soon as possible.

This.
I've been wanting a patch since the game first came out, If you can release a gameplay-only patch then I'll gladly play it. And like Slow said we can use it to find errors. If you don't want to then that's ok~

You could use Control on Kaguya though. That's what I did.

Kaguya can be controlled in DoD?!

Validon98

• Harbingers, yo.
« Reply #219 on: February 05, 2013, 12:51:15 AM »
This.
I've been wanting a patch since the game first came out, If you can release a gameplay-only patch then I'll gladly play it. And like Slow said we can use it to find errors. If you don't want to then that's ok~

Seconded on both points. I couldn't get Charm (I didn't really have Control) to work on her during the LP run at all, and I don't remember if I did in my first run or not.

« Reply #220 on: February 05, 2013, 01:05:37 AM »

My bad. I was thinking of GoS.

« Reply #221 on: February 06, 2013, 02:12:21 PM »

« Reply #222 on: February 07, 2013, 06:45:39 PM »
I have started working on translating this myself.

« Reply #223 on: February 08, 2013, 04:17:25 AM »
Separately, or as a part of this translation project?
Hard 1ccs
Completed: IN, MoF, SA, DDC, LoLK, HSiFS

Extra 1ccs
Completed: EoSD, PCB, IN, MoF, SA, UFO, DDC, LoLK, HSiFS

« Reply #224 on: February 08, 2013, 04:33:27 AM »
Separately, or as a part of this translation project?

And how much or what parts has been translated?

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #225 on: February 08, 2013, 05:02:24 AM »
Trance:I was under the impression that the item/skills file wasn't done, but I suppose anyone actually working on this would know better then me

I meant just the whole shikigami csv.

If the item/skills file isn't done and nobody is working on it, I guess I could do those too.

元素召唤 || pad & msl news translator robit
twitter xx motk resident whale

Maiden Synnae ミ☆

• Wizard Maiden
  • ★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆
« Reply #226 on: February 08, 2013, 04:32:56 PM »
Hey Michiru-chan, glad to see you posted here.

For the ones that are wondering who she is, well... she is a native japanese speaker but has lived for some years in the USA as well, so, she is completely fluent in both languages. I thought it'd be interesting to recruit her so she can help us getting the translation of this game done, and also to see how it'll turn out.

I've explained everything through PM to TheNewGuy, so, he is aware of the details already.

Sweetness and love~ ♥

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #227 on: February 08, 2013, 05:51:00 PM »
Oh, another translator, and a native japanese speaker as well? Fabulous! Great to see that work on this is really picking up.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

« Reply #228 on: February 09, 2013, 01:13:03 PM »
That's great news! I really wish I could contribute in some way, but it's nice to see people returning and working on things. :)
Hard 1ccs
Completed: IN, MoF, SA, DDC, LoLK, HSiFS

Extra 1ccs
Completed: EoSD, PCB, IN, MoF, SA, UFO, DDC, LoLK, HSiFS

Validon98

• Harbingers, yo.
« Reply #230 on: February 18, 2013, 07:27:01 PM »
Sorry for bumping this (again), but it's been a bit longer than a week and I was wondering what's going on (impatience, how I hate you). I know the story stuff is still a long ways away, but what about the gameplay stuff (item.csv and the like)? I know I asked about it before, and some people weren't entirely happy with it, but is enough done for a gameplay patch to be made? I (or any of the others who agreed with me, like Hinacle and slow) wasn't really answered the last time I asked...
Sorry for my impatience in advance.

« Reply #231 on: March 02, 2013, 10:09:13 AM »
SCN0304-0310 and SCN0500

http://www36.zippyshare.com/v/69645176/file.html

I believe this fully translates Reimu's route of the game, except some (most?) character recruitment scenes.

« Reply #232 on: March 02, 2013, 09:49:44 PM »
Thank you as always for your work Deranged!

« Reply #233 on: March 13, 2013, 11:57:44 PM »
Hello good people!....
i am new here and want to know how to help in this project....do i need to know a programming language or something...
i want to translate the pictures...and i just wanted to ask how is the project going?
do you by any chance have a release date planned?

Maiden Synnae ミ☆

• Wizard Maiden
  • ★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆
« Reply #234 on: March 15, 2013, 12:10:40 AM »
do you by any chance have a release date planned?

I'm not really behind the schemes, but by the looks of it... I doubt there is any release date planned.

The one I hired to help with the translation is barely online, so, it's pretty hard to get in touch with her. Last thing I heard from her was that "the translation was progressing quite decently" but that's about it. As such, I'm now relying more on the older integrants of the team.

I only hope this patch will in fact eventually see the light of the day.

Sweetness and love~ ♥

« Reply #235 on: March 15, 2013, 01:49:15 AM »
thanks for the reply,and yes....this patch WILL see the light of the day.... :D
anyway,i don't really know much about coding or anything,but i would like to help in any possible way i can!...

wow...i'm really inspirational.... :blush:

« Reply #236 on: March 28, 2013, 04:38:56 PM »
Hullo all the hard workers, just a useless fairy passing by here.

I've been looking at this game for awhile and have spent some time on Youtube watching gameplay-videos of this, and it has looked very interesting.

However, just like with "Touhou Pocket Wars 2nd", there seems to be no full translation/english patch, so I was very crestfallen... Until I heard that the MotK (You lovely folks) were working on a translation.

So, I'm simply just here to check in and see if work is still being done on bringing an end to the Moonrunes and replacing them with coherent, roman letters... Or if this too has fallen into obscurity.

Oh! And though it's shameful and embarrassing, I'm terribly sorry, but I can't offer much besides good cheer and good luck-wishes, my knowledge of programming, coding and translation are sadly next to non-existent. Well, I am useless after all~

Thank you for your time, nwo I must wander on... But I'll be back, for sure! *bow*

Maiden Synnae ミ☆

• Wizard Maiden
  • ★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆
« Reply #237 on: April 02, 2013, 04:33:18 PM »
...........this Thread is deader than dead......................................

Sweetness and love~ ♥

Validon98

• Harbingers, yo.
« Reply #238 on: April 02, 2013, 05:02:41 PM »
...........this Thread is deader than dead......................................

Well...

Quote from: TheNewGuy
Of course I've been really terribly busy lately. Slightly on the upside patches for Summoners and DoD came out so some grief was spared there. Anyway, I can't guarantee a large increase in activity until we start getting to summer. Barring maybe a surprise translation dump.  Terribly sorry, my pace drives me nuts too.

It'll happen. Eventually. Everyone has those times when they're so busy it's hard to focus on things.
Also, I'd say something about Nightmare of Illusion, but that's been covered and it's not coming until August, so... yeah.

« Reply #239 on: April 06, 2013, 08:45:54 PM »
well yeah but,when i'm busy i let people know what's going on....:/...i think that this long awaited translation is dead....but there is a little tiny piece of hope stuck in my heart muscle like a shrapnel and it's telling me to believe,and hurts like a motherf*****r....