Author Topic: The Complex of Horrors! (RP Thread)  (Read 71827 times)

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
The Complex of Horrors! (RP Thread)
« on: July 21, 2009, 11:45:41 AM »
It is a lovely day in Alpha Complex. The overhead lights shed a constant 22.5 lumens per watt, the bots are chirping, and InfraRed citizens bustle along to and from work on their properly mandated schedules. The VidShows bring everyone the latest news ("Have mutants infected your toothpaste?") and products ("Buy AlphaStrong Bouncy Bubble Beverage Today! It's the only beverage that prevents treasonous thoughts! Are you eager to keep having treasonous thoughts?"). The occasional Vulture roars past overhead, no doubt out to dispense some indiscriminate justice to some misguided traitors. Everyone just tries to stay out of the way of the Warbots that periodically make their way through the crowds.

Video cameras in the walls, the ceilings, and especially the bathrooms quietly convey knowledge of the citizenry's every movement and action, helping IntSec guard them from themselves. Well, except for the places where the cameras are broken. Where are those places? What is your clearance level, Citizen? And watching all is The Computer, making certain that every little thing goes just right.

But as the Vultures and warbots suggest, all is not well in Alpha Complex. Somewhere out there, mutants and traitors are plotting and scheming their schemes, hoping to bring down Friend Compute and the whole of humanity. And for a few individuals, they find proof of this when they receive a message from their Personal Data Devices:

You are scheduled to appear at 1000 hours at briefing room 423 in Central Processing Building UN-0W3N for a mission briefing.
-Friend Computer
Thought of the Day: Exemplary is the mind too small for treason.

A mission briefing! The Computer has a task for its loyal troubleshooters!

It is now 0950 hours, 3 hours after the summons to briefing was issued. The door to Briefing Room 423 slides open to admit any troubleshooters who have arrived early. The room itself is fairly spacious, with enough capacity to seat 50 people and a lectern at the front of the room. A lone scrub bot is trying to clean the room, but seems to have gotten itself stuck in a corner; slamming into it every couple of seconds. A closed door can be seen at the far end of the room.

(OOC: Once you've read the PMs I've sent you, please intro your character as you will. Do things, mingle, whatever you like. And good luck, and I hope you have fun. =])
« Last Edit: July 21, 2009, 11:48:29 AM by Purjew »

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
Re: The Complex of Horrors! (RP Thread)
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2009, 12:16:52 PM »
"Loyal Hygiene Officer, I commend your effort to keep this corner of the room free of untidiness and potential infectious dirt."

Abot-R-FCP1 has arrived early for the meeting. He tries to make small talk with the scrub bot while oblivious to the presence of other troubleshooters.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2009, 12:31:26 PM by Pesco »

M. Burusu

• ... What is that?
  • Who knows.
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2009, 02:24:17 PM »
"Hmm..."

Walking into the room at a brisk pace, looking left and right, RED-clearance Troubleshooter Marrow-R-BAP-1 took up a position surveying the room -- with her back to a corner of the wall -- but not before shutting the door behind her as quietly as she could.

'I wonder what The Computer will have us doing . . . '

(OOC: NOTE: For the unaware, I may occasionally share some of Marrow's thoughts with the role-players -- for after all, why hide what's not treasonous -- so as a person can get a better idea of her mood at the time. Of course, unless the other character is emphatic or otherwise able to sense someone's thoughts, such thoughts merely reflect upon her appearance towards the other characters. For future reference, words spoken aloud will be "in quotes like this", while words thought in Marrow's mind will be 'inbetween apostrophes like so'. That is all, friends.)
IceStage * + Aqua Navi, BN1-BN3 = Odd Idea
IceStage * + Aqua Navi, BN4-BN6 = Bad Idea

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2009, 03:38:17 PM »
The scrub bot emits a series of beeps varying in tone. Then small hatch on the side slides open. A little metal hand extends with an whirring noise, and gives an OK sign to Abot. Then it retracts the arm and returns to its prior business.

Moerin

• What's punk? It's an explosion of suppressed dissatisfaction.
  • It's the roar of the soul!
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2009, 09:54:53 PM »
"Good morning, fellow Troubleshooters!"

Satsuki-R-INN-01 walks into the room with a bright, cheerful grin on her face.  "Let us thank The Computer for such a glorious daycycle!"

She then briskly takes a seat and smiles happily at anyone who makes even the slightest bit of eye contact with her.
The solution to all of life's problems!

#1 Rin Satsuki Fan~♥
"For hearts long lost and full of fright, for those alone in blackest night, accept our ring and join our fight... Love Conquers All -  with violet light!"

Zengar Zombolt

• Space-Time Tuning Circle - Wd/Fr
  • Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2009, 10:48:44 PM »
"Oh hey, there's already a lot of other people here already."

Zengar-R-SRG-1 walks into the room, eyes closed, ready to... spend the time left for the briefing remembering the last mission he had. Mind you, he often thinks aloud.

"Man, seeing those silly newbs getting blasted by experimental weaponry was sure funny!" He then laughs to himself.

ES-Anthy

• *Roll*
  • *fwump*
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2009, 11:07:21 PM »
'Oh, there's already...one, two, three, four other trouble shooters here' thought peter to himself

"hello other trouble shooters, Peter-R-WQR-1 reporting to serve the computer"

he then went to talk to the others, occasionally counting things to pass time

Nietz

• NEETz
  • Normal Person
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2009, 11:30:40 PM »
Enters rooms. Scratching his massive mustache.

"Four-zwo-sree... Four-zwo-sree... Ah, found it."
Looks around.
"Ah, you must be ze oder Troublezooters. I'm Nietz-R-PHD-1 and... hey what iz ze problem wit ze little bot?"

Goes over to the corner to inspect the scrub bot.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2009, 12:45:47 AM »
The bot continues to collide with the corner every couple of seconds as Neitz-R-PHD-1 hovers over it and inspects it. It must really have scrubbed that part of the room good by now!

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2009, 05:23:43 AM »
"Servobot, take care not to damage OK-R-AHH-1's cleaning equipment."

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2009, 07:42:07 PM »
"Made it in the nick of time!"

Rou-R-KAN-1 practically jumps through the doorway, panting while he silently congratulates himself for making the meeting.

"Apologies, fellow Troubleshooters, but my alarm clock was sabotaged by Communist scum trying to end our mission before it began. Thank the Computer that I managed to arrive anyway, otherwise I'd have hit the first Bad End of the game!"

He laughs nervously, noticing everyone else gathering around the Scrubbot.

"Uh...maybe someone should turn it around? Not sure what sort of flag it'd trip, but I'm not sure how it could be a bad thing..."

(Yeah, just posting here so I have something to say before the mission starts properly. Still not gonna have a decent connection until later tomorrow. Sorry again!)

Rabbit

• Red Tenshi
  • 3x More Touhou
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2009, 08:18:28 PM »
Another figure sidles into the room behind the diving Rou-R-KAN-1 (though of course he does not know the name) with a decidedly less...obvious entry though no less enthusiastic.  Enthusiasm is, after all, mandatory.

"Good morning, Troubleshooters.  Good evening?  I'm not sure.  Hopefully I'm on time.  But if we can't begin to take time, how can we ever begin to make time?"

Jamie-R-SWH-1 pauses for a second before continuing, "Well, I imagine that those questions could lead to some pretty treasonous thoughts so let's not pursue that line of thinking.  All happy today, I hope?"

He gives a wan smile.
Too much of a good thing, and it is no longer good.

M. Burusu

• ... What is that?
  • Who knows.
« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2009, 11:41:47 PM »
With mandatory enthusaism, Marrow-R-BAP-1 was giving a smile to her fellows . . . even if it was strained and her spine felt like it had moved up an inch with the advent of Rou-R-KAN-1's Dynamic Entry.

'What a colorful cast we have here . . . that loud one's most likely Zengar-R-SRG-1, better keep an eye on him . . . and I am seriously going to have to watch my back with that one who rushed through the door . . . already got me once . . . '

"Hello, everybody . . . my name's Marrow-R-BAP-1," she said as she tried to look as if she were not as shellshocked as she truly was. And mentally prayed to Friend Computer that she was succeeding.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2009, 11:42:35 AM by M. Burusu »

Nietz

• NEETz
  • Normal Person
« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2009, 01:53:29 AM »
After careful inspection, I grab the scrub bot and turn it around.

"Done. Zat should temporrarily increase ze room cleaning efficienzy by 200%"

Then I absent-mindedly start to read my latest copy of "Bots Today-cycle"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2009, 10:13:47 AM »
The bot, freed from the corner, resumes methodically rolling over the room and applying its hygienic treatments with laudable diligence. It beeps a satisfied sounding tune as it works.

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2009, 07:01:19 PM »
Rou-R-KAN-1 takes a deep breath and smiles at the sight of the bot merrily strolling down the room.

"That's better. Odds are that now that we've tripped the Robot_Rotation flag when we need help the most in our mission this scrub bot will burst into the fray and save us...or someone will slip on the wet floor and break their neck for an instant Bad End. One or the other, really."

He pulls out a notebook and begins to scribble down the names of some non-existent variables, mentally working his way through all the ways this little decision could expand into life-or-death. This was normally the point when most people took a nervous step away from him, but that had been back when he was of Infrared clearance. Perhaps Troubleshooters would be somewhat more accepting of his little quirks...

Zengar Zombolt

• Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2009, 07:09:29 PM »
"Heh, those silly malfunctioning bots always crack me up. At least they don't know when to stop doing their jobs."
Zengar-R-SRG-1 keeps laughing to himself.
"Maybe one day, those Troubleshooters will find out a way for the scrub bots to not crash into the first wall they meet. That day would be the cleanest day ever."

Rabbit

• Red Tenshi
  • 3x More Touhou
« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2009, 03:41:00 AM »
"Wouldn't that be considered treasonous for tampering with the Computer's equipment?" Jamie-R-SWH-1 wonders aloud.

« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2009, 07:19:57 AM »
As the other Troubleshooters crowd around the scrub bot at the fore, a lone figure enters in from the back, wearing a gas mask which covers the face, but leaves the bright red hair of the owner visible. It is an interesting sight coupled with the Red uniform of the Troubleshooter.
Saying nothing, the figure quickly takes a seat in the back.
A nametag with Ginger-R-UYT-1, CPU: Eye in the Skypanel, RED clearance serves as identification.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2009, 10:24:45 AM »
Whilst the troubleshooters meet and greet each other, or play with the bot, time has passed. It is now 1010 hours, and there is no sign of any kind of briefing. Where could the briefing agent be? Perhaps he's in the bathroom? Perhaps he got unavoidably by pre-briefing forms? Perhaps he has been terminated?

Then, finally, the door slides open. The wave of anticipating this builds up quickly dies as a bored-looking Infrared citizen in his black overalls steps out. Paying no mind to any of the gathered troubleshooters, he approaches the lectern, places a piece of paper on it, and walks out back out through the door. As it closes, the room is left silent once again.

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2009, 11:08:11 PM »
Rou finishes scribbling down his list of conspiracy theories as to how the scrub bot could potentially kill him, looking up at the lectern.

"Hmm..."

He ponders the decision for a few brief moments, making another note as he approaches.

Recite_Instructions = 1

Standing behind the lectern, Rou looks down at the piece of paper, tapping it lightly with his knuckles to get the attention of the room before beginning to read out the instructions...

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #21 on: July 24, 2009, 11:38:38 PM »
Rou-R-KAN-1 finds there as a number of team position badges resting on the lectern. He reads the paper aloud.

K413
Go to R&D Department I4MP and show them this note to receive your gear.
After that, go to Depot 4DV at 1400 hours and board Flybot YYM.
                        Hanger 4FH

The Mission Assignments are as follows:

Team Leader: Zengar-R-SRG-1
Loyalty Officers: Abot-R-FCP-1, Hunter-R-BCW-1, Marrow-R-BAP-1, Ginger-R-UYT-1
Hygiene Officer: Rou-R-KAN-1
Communications and Recording Officer: Jamie-R-SWH-1
Equipment Guy: Nietz-R-PHD-1
Happiness Officer: Peter-R-WQR-1
Alertness Officer: Satsuki-R-INN-1

-Yu-U-KOH-3

The note seems to be handwritten, though with several corrections, and bears an official seal of a High Programmer. With four hours to spare, it shouldn't be difficult for you to get to R&D and to the Hanger with enough time left over for an extracurricular activity! There should be enough time to visit the supply Depot to requisition some more goods, if things are brisk, or go to the InfraRed Market and see what's available (all in the name of duty, of course!). Some might even want to consider meeting with...uh...special friends...who offer...special advice.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2009, 10:27:36 AM by Purjew »

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #22 on: July 24, 2009, 11:46:13 PM »
Finishing the recital, Rou-R-Kan-1 looks at the paper blankly.

"Wow, more open-ended than I expected. This is going to be a nightmare to keep track of, I can feel it. Guess we may as well head over to R&D and get hold of our things, though. Otherwise we'll knock the flags out of order and it'll all go downhill from there..."

He walks out of the room, clutching the note in his hand as he starts his trip down the long, red corridors down to R&D. He doesn't bother to look back, expecting his fellow Troubleshooters to follow ASAP.

Zengar Zombolt

• Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #23 on: July 25, 2009, 12:09:48 AM »
"Hmm, there seems to be a lot more loyalty officers than last time. Hopefully that means that treason is less likely. On the other hand, I get to be leader, so I get dibs on melee weapons, I hope!" With a huge smile on his face, Zengar-R-SRG-1 follows the red brick road to R&D.

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #24 on: July 25, 2009, 12:56:31 AM »
"Nice to see I managed to make hygiene officer..."

Rou-R-KAN-1 has already strapped his badge on his jumpsuit, adjusting its positioning until is satisfied that it isn't slanted in the slightest.

"The best part of this is that if anyone trips any of the loser flags I'll be the first guy to know about it. Unseen flags are just plain unfair, to be honest, so this is really good news. Thank the Computer for playing my strengths so beautifully!"

Rabbit

• Red Tenshi
  • 3x More Touhou
« Reply #25 on: July 25, 2009, 04:43:32 AM »
"Oooh oooh!  Comms officer!  I always wanted to be the eyes on the ground!  But wait...that would be a little gross if your eyes were on the ground", Jamie-R-SWH-1 laughs softly at his own brand of "wit", "well then, we've got lots to do and little time to do it in.  Lead on, oh fearless leader."

M. Burusu

• ... What is that?
  • Who knows.
« Reply #26 on: July 25, 2009, 08:58:20 PM »
"Loyalty Officer, huh? . . . I might as well go down to R&D, get some equipment."

'What is he talking about 'flags', though? I ought to be a bit careful . . . '

That thought thought, Marrow-R-BAP-1 walked after those who left for the R&D Department.

Nietz

• NEETz
  • Normal Person
« Reply #27 on: July 25, 2009, 09:06:14 PM »
"Equipment Guy"? Vell, zat sounds verry fine. Let's zee vat ze R un D folks have to show me. Key-four-one-zree... Key-four-one-zree..." as I absently-minded walk out of the room.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #28 on: July 26, 2009, 10:54:14 PM »
(Neitz's name change made me laugh. +2 Perversity points for him)

« Reply #29 on: July 27, 2009, 08:44:49 AM »
Ginger quietly leaves through the door, probably off to update the ID card with Loyalty Officer.