Author Topic: (Skyseas of Gensokyo) Nazrin Quest (Part 8)  (Read 43709 times)

Re: (Skyseas of Gensokyo) Nazrin Quest (Part 8)
« Reply #30 on: February 10, 2012, 05:16:20 AM »
> "Nazrin."
> Give a short bow.

>You give her your name and sketch a short bow. Miyuki smiles and responds with a little curtsy. "A pleasure to meet you."
>"Can I get you something to eat, then?" she asks. "I hadn't really put on anything yet, but I can whip you up something, if you'd like."

« Reply #31 on: February 10, 2012, 05:22:01 AM »
>Have we hungered again?

« Reply #32 on: February 10, 2012, 05:23:56 AM »
>Have we hungered again?

>Not much to speak of. You had a sizable meal no more than a couple hours ago. You mightn't say no to a munchie, but you're in no particular rush.

« Reply #33 on: February 10, 2012, 05:41:46 AM »
>"Naw, I'm good for now, thanks. I just swung by to grab some dressing for my bed. Captain told me you were the one to see about that."

« Reply #34 on: February 10, 2012, 06:31:21 AM »
>"Naw, I'm good for now, thanks. I just swung by to grab some dressing for my bed. Captain told me you were the one to see about that."

>"Oh! Of course!" She gives you a sheepish smile. "I'm sorry that your room's still so bare. The captain only told me that we'd be needing the guest quarters a couple hours ago, and I've been double-checking our food to see what Chisato's mouse got into. I'll go fix that up for you right away."
>True to her word, she quickly sets off across the galley.

« Reply #35 on: February 10, 2012, 06:37:52 AM »
>Enthusiastic, ain't she.
>"That's not..."
>Follow that... does she smell human or youkai? Follow her anyway.
>"That not necessary, yknow. I can straighten out my own room, just need the stuff to do it with."

« Reply #36 on: February 10, 2012, 06:48:25 AM »
>Enthusiastic, ain't she.
>"That's not..."
>Follow that... does she smell human or youkai? Follow her anyway.
>"That not necessary, yknow. I can straighten out my own room, just need the stuff to do it with."

>She certainly doesn't seem the type to waste time, at least.
>You believe she's human. You follow after her, and insist that you can make your own bed.
>"It's hardly right to make you do it yourself," she says without slowing much. "I would have done it this evening already, if we hadn't left so soon. Thanks for helping with that, by the way."

« Reply #37 on: February 10, 2012, 07:03:24 AM »
>"No need for thanks. I'm a Seeker, that's what I do. 'sides, got me out of a tight spot as well."
>"And you make bed-making sound like a chore. You've enough to do as is."

« Reply #38 on: February 10, 2012, 07:05:57 AM »
>"No need for thanks. I'm a Seeker, that's what I do. 'sides, got me out of a tight spot as well."
>"And you make bed-making sound like a chore. You've enough to do as is."

>"Oh, I don't mind, really," she says as you step out of the galley. She continues heading towards the back the ship, past where you've previously seen. "There's plenty of time to take care of other things afterward."

« Reply #39 on: February 10, 2012, 07:11:00 AM »
>When was the last time we had anyone do this sort of thing for us, who wasn't named Ichirin?
>Are we, or have we ever been, the type to get annoyed when someone insists on 'looking after us', for lack of a better term?

« Reply #40 on: February 10, 2012, 07:23:35 AM »
>When was the last time we had anyone do this sort of thing for us, who wasn't named Ichirin?
>Are we, or have we ever been, the type to get annoyed when someone insists on 'looking after us', for lack of a better term?

>Probably at an inn you stayed at while away from Braston, some time last year. Outside of such occurrences, it's damn close to never.
>You suppose that depends on why they're doing it. You don't like being 'mothered' nor do you like the insinuation that you aren't capable of doing simple tasks yourself. On the other hand, you're not about to take personal offense if you're not required to get everything done with your own two hands; context matters.

« Reply #41 on: February 10, 2012, 07:33:19 AM »
>Well..... If she considers it her job, suppose we shouldn't complain TOO loudly.
>Crack a smile. "All right, suit yourself."
>"Oh, almost forgot. The question still hands, if you needed a hand with... Well, whatever. Like I told your captain, I'm a free pair of hands."

« Reply #42 on: February 10, 2012, 07:54:14 AM »
>Well..... If she considers it her job, suppose we shouldn't complain TOO loudly.
>Crack a smile. "All right, suit yourself."
>"Oh, almost forgot. The question still hands, if you needed a hand with... Well, whatever. Like I told your captain, I'm a free pair of hands."

>You decide to let Miyuki take care of this if she seems so intent on it. It's not like you haven't done your share of running around on their behalf already today. You do offer you help in general, though.
>"You're also a guest," she replies. "Though... how well can you cook?"
>You reach a set of room towards the rear of the ship, and Miyuki opens a door on your left. Inside appears to be a laundry room of a sort. There are a pair of large wash basins and the other side of the room is lined with wooden cupboards reaching from floor to ceiling. The layout makes efficient use of space, but nonetheless feels rather cramped with two people in it.
>Miyuki opens one of the cupboards, revealing a decent stockpile of plain but serviceable linens, and retrieves of a set of sheets and a pillow from it.

« Reply #43 on: February 10, 2012, 08:09:04 AM »
>"Well, I know my way around a campfire. I can handle most basic things, but, I'm not about to open up a restaurant myself."

« Reply #44 on: February 10, 2012, 08:15:32 AM »
>"Well, I know my way around a campfire. I can handle most basic things, but, I'm not about to open up a restaurant myself."

>She smiles. "As long as you can follow simple instructions and manage not to burn things, I think that should be fine. But, um, only if you really insist," she adds. "Please don't feel like you have to, or anything."

« Reply #45 on: February 10, 2012, 08:26:25 AM »
>Chuckle.
>"Oh, I know I don't have to. I just.... Don't like to stay idle, for too long, yknow?"
>"While we're here, though, I gotta ask, how cold does it get out on the open sea?"

« Reply #46 on: February 10, 2012, 08:52:52 AM »
>Chuckle.
>"Oh, I know I don't have to. I just.... Don't like to stay idle, for too long, yknow?"
>"While we're here, though, I gotta ask, how cold does it get out on the open sea?"

>"I'm a little like that myself," she replies as the two of you head back towards your room.
>"Don't sail much?" she asks with a gentle smile. "It can be a little colder than on land, but it shouldn't be too bad. It's still summer out here, after all."
« Last Edit: February 10, 2012, 09:03:21 AM by DracoOmega »

« Reply #47 on: February 10, 2012, 09:00:26 AM »
>"I've mostly kept my feet on dry land, yeah. This's actually my first time heading out Val Razua way."
>Chuckle. "Always knew I'd head out to the big city one day, but I never pictured a situation like that one being part of the equation."

« Reply #48 on: February 10, 2012, 09:05:22 AM »
>"I've mostly kept my feet on dry land, yeah. This's actually my first time heading out Val Razua way."
>Chuckle. "Always knew I'd head out to the big city one day, but I never pictured a situation like that one being part of the equation."

>"Well, all's well that ends well, I guess. Though I do wonder what happened in the first place..."
>The two of you reach your room, and Miyuki steps aside and gestures graciously for you to open it.

« Reply #49 on: February 10, 2012, 09:10:52 AM »
>Open the door for Miyumiyu.
>"You and me both. Gotta admit, not a big fan of leaving unfinished business behind like that. But, on the other hand, I'm sure not gonna complain about the result. Though when I get back here, that's gonna be my first order of business."
>"Well.... Maybe not first..."

« Reply #50 on: February 10, 2012, 09:22:35 AM »
>Open the door for Miyumiyu.
>"You and me both. Gotta admit, not a big fan of leaving unfinished business behind like that. But, on the other hand, I'm sure not gonna complain about the result. Though when I get back here, that's gonna be my first order of business."
>"Well.... Maybe not first..."

>You open your door for Miyuki, who gives a nod of thanks and then steps inside.
>"Hopefully it shouldn't matter either way by then," she says. "And it's not your problem to have to worry about, in any case; you've already solved the problem that really mattered."
>She looks at the clothes laid out on your bed and then turns an expectant smile in your direction.

« Reply #51 on: February 10, 2012, 09:34:18 AM »
>"Yeah, I know."
>Attend to the clothes as we continue, "But I hate an unsatisfied curiousity, too. Somebody went to a lot of trouble to keep you folks in Braston."
>Besides, anyone who could pull this off might have a trick or two to teach a mouse...
>"You folks haven't crossed anyone's path the wrong way lately, have you?"

« Reply #52 on: February 10, 2012, 10:27:12 AM »
>"Yeah, I know."
>Attend to the clothes as we continue, "But I hate an unsatisfied curiousity, too. Somebody went to a lot of trouble to keep you folks in Braston."
>Besides, anyone who could pull this off might have a trick or two to teach a mouse...
>"You folks haven't crossed anyone's path the wrong way lately, have you?"

>You gather up the clothes and start to pile them up on the end table, for a lack of a better place to put them. As you do, Miyuki unfurls one of the sheets in the air above the bed with graceful precision.
>You wonder whether the culprit of this caper might have a few tricks worth learning. At the very least, some useful practical hint might be gleaned from knowing how they pulled it all off...
>"Oh, it happens every now and again," Miyuki says lightly, as if that were an issue of no consequence. "But if we knew who might have been responsible, I think we'd have put the whole affair to rest long before now."
>After tucking that sheet in, Miyuki looks over at what you're doing and frowns, then glances around the rest of the room with a dismayed expression. "Oh, you don't have a chest of drawers! I'm so sorry, this room hasn't been used in ages, I forgot all about that..."

« Reply #53 on: February 10, 2012, 10:31:57 AM »
>"No worries. I can get by."

« Reply #54 on: February 10, 2012, 10:36:20 AM »
>"No worries. I can get by."

>"I can at least find you a storage bin or something..." she says with a frown.

« Reply #55 on: February 10, 2012, 10:41:29 AM »
>A box, at least, would be handy.
>"Well, if you got a spare box or something, lying around. But don't go out of your way, all right?"
>About how strong does she look?

« Reply #56 on: February 10, 2012, 10:55:38 AM »
>A box, at least, would be handy.
>"Well, if you got a spare box or something, lying around. But don't go out of your way, all right?"
>About how strong does she look?

>It would be nice to have someplace else to put things besides a small table or the floor.
>"Oh, it's no trouble at all, really," she replies. "Particularly since the only reason the room doesn't have a chest of drawers right now is Ishi stole it."
>She's of fairly average build, with no obvious sign of musculature, though she does have more concealing sleeves than Chisato.

« Reply #57 on: February 10, 2012, 10:59:49 AM »
>"Really now."
>Grin. "Wanna see me steal it back?"

« Reply #58 on: February 10, 2012, 11:10:55 AM »
>"Really now."
>Grin. "Wanna see me steal it back?"

>Miyuki laughs, then sketches a wry grimace. "Probably full of random metal junk and things that explode when you shake them the wrong way. I wouldn't recommend it."

« Reply #59 on: February 10, 2012, 11:18:23 AM »
>Offer up a chuckle.
>"Yeah, picture that. All that trouble back in Braston, only to get exploded by a gunpower-stuffed pineapple, or something."
>"Let's find another box."