Author Topic: Meira Quest (Part 5) (Completed)  (Read 32002 times)

Re: Meira Quest (Part 5)
« Reply #480 on: March 05, 2012, 03:15:20 AM »
>"....Let's just head back to the village."

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
Re: Meira Quest (Part 5)
« Reply #481 on: March 05, 2012, 04:13:35 AM »
>"....Let's just head back to the village."

> Having no reason to be at the shrine any longer, you and Kouyoshi leave and head back for the village.  About halfway there it finally starts to rain, and the two of you are hurrying as fast as you can to cover.  You make a beeline for the schoolhouse without any sign of Rumia, and finally reach the safety of the schoolhouse before the thunder starts pounding.
> You're immediately accosted by a very angry and distraught Keine, who first reprimands you for being out so long without warning, and then for being so filthy.  You are terrified, but it reminds you of being scolded by your mother, a bit.
> You remember how you played outside so long back in Mayohiga, catching frogs but having to release them later.  You remember the village and how it was a little like this one, albeit having a better name and being a little bit smaller.
> You then realize that Keine has stopped yelling and is frantically trying to wipe tears from your eyes, and you wonder when you started crying.

> The rest of the day is spent at the schoolhouse, getting cleaned up and finally getting around to organizing all the things you've been carrying around like a pack mule.  Mii seems to be very happy at the absence of the Yin Yang orb, although everything else is covered in hair.  You spend the better part of the afternoon picking the white fuzz out of everything.  At the very least, your sketchbook is untouched.  You wouldn't expect fur to get between the pages, anyway.
> At some point, you fall asleep, and awaken in a haze to find your belongings neatly piled up for you, with you tucked into a futon.  Kouyoshi is sprawled out on the floor nearby, still fast asleep with her hat over her face.  The sound of the rain has stopped outside, and a weak light streams in through the windows.  You get up and take a look outside.

> It's morning, the beginning of a new day.
> You realize that there is no kitsune to kill, no Mokou to find and train with, no obligations or things that need to be done.
> Your heart sinks: you have a whole summer ahead of you, and you have no idea what to do next.  But then you remember your entire inventory: the net and bug cage, the sketchbook, the clothes you have yet to make.  There are still frogs to hunt around the Human Village.
> And so the hot summer days pass by, and you set about your usual hobbies as normally as you can.  Aside from Keine, who is hospitable enough to let you stay in her house, you know absolutely no one in the village.  You try making friends and greeting people, but you suddenly find it too hard.  Maybe it's just your shyness cropping up, but whatever it is, you somehow end up spending a lot of time alone, or with Kouyoshi, who continues to disguise herself as a human every time she is outside.  Maybe she's shy, too.
> Eventually, anxiety overcomes Kouyoshi, and she hurries back to her home beneath the tree.  Being bored that day, you tag along with her and idle around as she calms herself down by checking every last item in her now-dusty home.  Much to her relief, everything is as it was.
> After that day, the two of you head back to her home every now and then to enjoy the forest in the summer.  While you're there she teaches you how to fish, and how to forage.  She notes that they'll be useful if you're out traveling a lot, although she doesn't know what you plan to do when you get older.

> The summer ends, and the green blanket over Gensokyo slowly turns a brilliant red, orange, and gold.  Mii continues to stay with you, growing fatter and somehow more adorable as she eats nearly everything in sight.  The villagers are preparing for their autumn harvest, but this time, you and the other children don't have to help.  Instead, you have to go back to school.  You had almost forgotten about that, and feel that after all that's happened, there's no way you could just sit still and learn.  But thou must, says Keine.  You find it hard to pay attention to your classes at first, but you soon get the hang of it.  For the first time you get the feeling that you are picking up where you left off.
> Speaking of Keine, she has grown much busier after the school term has started, and eventually it is Mokou who starts taking care of you.  With Keine's badgering she cleans out the rest of her house and clears out a room for you to stay.  She helps around the village and disappears every night like clockwork, but is somehow always back by morning.  She's kind of distant but helps you with your homework and cooks for you, and that makes her a good guy in your book.

> Months pass, and you realize that the travel time between the village and the chapel where Rika and Marisa live could practically be halved if you just flew.  While Kouyoshi is at her own home and Mokou is off shoveling snow, you fly through flurries over the fields and the forest, until you reach the chapel again.  It looks picturesque covered in snow, and you are please to find that Shikoba is entirely willing to let you in.
> Thus, you reunite with Rika and Marisa, who proudly tells you that she has turned five years old in the time that you were away.  After much begging and pleading, you agree to having a belated birthday party.  Nevermind that she already celebrated, Rika tells you as she decorates Evil Eye Sigma with paper flowers.
> As the three of you are eating cake and making merry, you notice a woman with long, green hair and a slightly silly-looking hat only outmatched by a menacing pair of bat-like wings float by the kitchen door.  She pauses and gives you a curious look before turning and floating away through the wall.
> Weirdo.
> You later find out that this was "Mima-sama" everyone here seems to idolize, and are incredibly embarrassed at your first impression of her.  However, you are allowed to take home a portion of the cake.  That makes up for it immediately.  You are sent off, with Rika and Marisa inviting you over tomorrow so you can properly meet Mima.

> When you finally reach home, the lanterns in the Human Village are already on.  Kouyoshi and Mokou are already home.  It's late and you're tired from flying so long, but you think ending the day with sharing some cake with them wouldn't hurt.
> You are currently sitting in Mokou's house with a plump and sleepy Mii in your lap, feeling a bit drowsy yourself.  You have not gone back to what is left of Mayohiga once since the summer.  You figure you probably should do so some time to pay your last respects, but that could probably wait for spring.  Winter's a cold season, anyway.
> And although you're not entirely used to your new life yet, you think you're on your way.

> Prequel Ending!

Credits:
> Story and art: Himiko
> Original Inspiration: Story of Eastern Wonderland
> Thanks again for making this quest a good one!

> See you next Phantasm!

> _

☆ Check my profile for links to my sites! ☆
[21:12] <OneLoveOnePurvis> *Black as hell and bitter as love. That is coffee.*
[17:42] <Amra> Himiko's one of the people that's really cute but sometimes art shifts into like hard jojo-style
[17:42] <Amra> as she does something out of character

Re: Meira Quest (Part 5) (Completed)
« Reply #482 on: March 05, 2012, 04:19:04 AM »
> Congratulations!

Tamashii Kanjou

• If you didn't quite already know...
  • I am the leader of TCF <3
    • TCF's Gaming Channel
« Reply #483 on: March 05, 2012, 04:26:42 AM »
>Honest opinions on how the kitsune situation went.
>Were there any paths we could have taken instead of this route? [I know of a couple, at least; confirmation here.]
>BGM REQUEST~ [Quite a lot... but I can't remember the scenes for once. I've not been doing so well in remembering stuff lately...]

GuyYouMetOnline

• Surprisingy not smart for lynch dodging
« Reply #484 on: March 05, 2012, 04:44:39 AM »
>BGM: Battle with the kitsune
>BGM: Second battle with the kitsune
>BGM: Attacked by the eyes!
>BGM: The abandoned shrine

« Reply #485 on: March 05, 2012, 05:47:47 AM »
>More requests
>BGM: The Burning Village
>BGM: Kouyoshi's Home
>BGM: Meeting Mii
>BGM: The Rabbit Princess
>BGM: Learning to fly

GuyYouMetOnline

• Surprisingy not smart for lynch dodging
« Reply #486 on: March 05, 2012, 06:13:40 AM »
Knew I forgot one.

>BGM: Mokou vs. Rabbit Princess
 And another:
>BGM: Forest on fire

[Y]oukai [J]esus

• "MotK's 1%" (?)
  • Idiot Deity 2013 - 2014 RIP
    • Muh Writings
« Reply #487 on: March 05, 2012, 07:21:04 AM »
ALL OF YOU ARE FORGETTING SOMETHING.

>BGM: Realization - Death of Mr Froggy

<Nietz> Anyway, sex toys alone won't come up to 11k.
[18:48] <Warma> There must have been a new depth, where you've sunk as a person. Then you dug through that.

« Reply #488 on: March 05, 2012, 05:30:19 PM »
I just want to say I had a blast reading and playing in this.

Even if I was not the best player.

Sorry about that.
I have...a terrible need...shall I say the word?...of religion. Then I go out at night and paint the stars.

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #489 on: March 05, 2012, 08:33:02 PM »
> Congratulations!

> Third quest completed, yesssss o/

>Honest opinions on how the kitsune situation went.
>Were there any paths we could have taken instead of this route? [I know of a couple, at least; confirmation here.]
>BGM REQUEST~ [Quite a lot... but I can't remember the scenes for once. I've not been doing so well in remembering stuff lately...]

> I was expecting you guys to exploit her guilt or try to lower her guard.  Or at least try to find her faster than you did.  I was expecting this quest to be two threads at most, but then again, I've assumed stuff like that before and wound up with a longer story.
> Had you stayed at the chapel longer and waited for Mima, she would've helped you take down the kitsune, or rather, finished it off for you.  Of the places you could have chosen to settle for the time, you could've just stuck with Kouyoshi or went to the chapel--in the case of the chapel, flying would have reduced travel time to less than a day, so you could have easily gone to and from instead of walking everywhere.  Also, had you bothered to wake up Yuuka she would have gladly helped you out or even offered you a place to stay if you really wanted.

>BGM: Battle with the kitsune
>BGM: Second battle with the kitsune
>BGM: Attacked by the eyes!
>BGM: The abandoned shrine

> First Encounter
> Rematch
> Horde
> Tamiko's Home

>More requests
>BGM: The Burning Village
>BGM: Kouyoshi's Home
>BGM: Meeting Mii
>BGM: The Rabbit Princess
>BGM: Learning to fly

> Pyrophobia
> Even Beneath the Roots
> Dandelion Kedama
> The Rabbit with no Ears
> Swimming in Air

Knew I forgot one.

>BGM: Mokou vs. Rabbit Princess
 And another:
>BGM: Forest on fire

> The Phoenix and the Hare
> Hurry and Put out the Fire

ALL OF YOU ARE FORGETTING SOMETHING.

>BGM: Realization - Death of Mr Froggy

> In the Dreamscape's Lake

I just want to say I had a blast reading and playing in this.

Even if I was not the best player.

Sorry about that.

> Oh, thank you o/  I'm glad you enjoyed yourself o/
> If you want my honest opinion, I would sometimes get confused whether you were entering a command or not, because you never typed the ">" mark.

> _

[17:42] <Amra> Himiko's one of the people that's really cute but sometimes art shifts into like hard jojo-style

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #490 on: March 06, 2012, 12:20:33 AM »
> ...And the image faded on the feather, and started to replay from the beginning.  The goddess of dreams and miracles watched it for a little while longer, before letting it float off with the rest of the feathers.
> "Wa ha ha, that was an interesting one."

> _