Author Topic: Meira Quest (Part 5) (Completed)  (Read 31998 times)

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
Re: Meira Quest (Part 5)
« Reply #30 on: February 02, 2012, 06:23:18 PM »
>Don't waste time; follow.

> Without missing a beat, you follow the faeries down the hall.  They lead you through an open door leading into an empty room, where they squeeze to fit in.  There's an overhanging light, but nothing else.
> "It's in here!"
> "There's nothing else."
> "Boooring."

> _

☆ Check my profile for links to my sites! ☆
[21:12] <OneLoveOnePurvis> *Black as hell and bitter as love. That is coffee.*
[17:42] <Amra> Himiko's one of the people that's really cute but sometimes art shifts into like hard jojo-style
[17:42] <Amra> as she does something out of character

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should
« Reply #31 on: February 02, 2012, 06:34:36 PM »
>"But it's a ghost! Maybe he's hiding!"
>Inspect the room.

« Reply #32 on: February 02, 2012, 09:55:36 PM »
Close our eyes and try to see the ghost with our soul.
I have...a terrible need...shall I say the word?...of religion. Then I go out at night and paint the stars.

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #33 on: February 02, 2012, 11:45:05 PM »
>"But it's a ghost! Maybe he's hiding!"
>Inspect the room.

> "There's nowhere to hide!"
> "It's a square room."
> "You can't hide in squares."
> You look around the room.  There's nothing here.  Some drawers on the wall, maybe, but that's really it.

Close our eyes and try to see the ghost with our soul.

> You close your eyes and focus...
> ...focus...
> You're not getting anything.

> _

[17:42] <Amra> Himiko's one of the people that's really cute but sometimes art shifts into like hard jojo-style

« Reply #34 on: February 02, 2012, 11:50:34 PM »
> Okay, that was a dumb idea, let's just search the drawers. "What if the square was a box? You can hide in a box!"

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #35 on: February 03, 2012, 12:11:09 AM »
> Okay, that was a dumb idea, let's just search the drawers. "What if the square was a box? You can hide in a box!"

> You push the faeries out of the way and head over to the drawers.
> You open the nearest one.  There are folded clothes in here, all of those hakama like the one Kouyoshi pilfered last time.  When you open the door, a plume of dust billows out.
> "You can't hide people in boxes," protests a faerie.

> _

« Reply #36 on: February 03, 2012, 12:32:10 AM »
> Open the other ones, coughing at the dust. "Well why not? Boxes are meant for hiding things in!"

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #37 on: February 03, 2012, 12:46:21 AM »
> Open the other ones, coughing at the dust. "Well why not? Boxes are meant for hiding things in!"

> You start releasing more dust into the room as you open more boxes, and soon enough faeries are moving out of the room, coughing and whining.
> "No one would want to hide in some dusty box!" a faerie says as the remainders of them move out.

> _

« Reply #38 on: February 03, 2012, 12:57:34 AM »
> Sneeze, and peer into the boxes and drawers.
> "Hey, have you guys seen any basements?"

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #39 on: February 03, 2012, 02:56:49 AM »
> Sneeze, and peer into the boxes and drawers.
> "Hey, have you guys seen any basements?"

> This place is a mess!
> You take a look in the drawers.  More clothes, some jewelry, hair ribbons, geta...even a festive kimono, although that's definitely too big for you.
> There's another small box in here, tied shut with a length of adhesive bandages.
> One of the last faeries out turns back.  "Uh...dunno!  Try going under the house?"

> _

« Reply #40 on: February 03, 2012, 05:34:12 AM »
> "... Kaaay." How unhelpful. Let's take a look in that box! Unwrap the box and open it!

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #41 on: February 03, 2012, 07:53:39 PM »
> "... Kaaay." How unhelpful. Let's take a look in that box! Unwrap the box and open it!

> Faeries are no help to you.
> You take the box and open it, unraveling the bandages and taking off the lid.
> There are photos in here.  Ridged edges, all in sepia or black and white.  Around the edges are prayer beads that have fallen between the wads of photos and the sides of the box.
> There are also some letters in here; you can see the edges of envelopes poking out.

> _

« Reply #42 on: February 03, 2012, 09:02:23 PM »
> Hey, clues! Let's take a look at those pictures and letters!

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #43 on: February 03, 2012, 09:05:06 PM »
> Hey, clues! Let's take a look at those pictures and letters!

> Now this is a lot of clues.
> You pick up some of the paper.  At first glance, you see that some of the photos include the woman you saw in the first photo you found.  The letters are all tucked neatly inside their envelopes and unmarked.  There are so many, you're not sure which to look at first.

> _

« Reply #44 on: February 03, 2012, 09:16:26 PM »
> Are there other people in the pictures? Maybe there's someone that's familiar!

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #45 on: February 03, 2012, 11:18:06 PM »
> Are there other people in the pictures? Maybe there's someone that's familiar!

> You skim through the photos.  The occasional picture of the shrine maiden, a lot of boring pictures of the shrine, the shrine maiden with a man you don't recognize...as you go through the photos, they seem to lessen in quality, but also seem to go back in time.  The shrine maiden ages down, and an old couple appears, and they too gradually age down.
> The photo at the very bottom of the stack is a picture of what you presume to be the old woman as a younger girl.  There's someone else in the photo, but you can only make out a long skirt; the rest of the picture is torn off at that point.

> _

« Reply #46 on: February 03, 2012, 11:29:13 PM »
> How suspicious! ... But there's a lot of people with long skirts! Lets skim through the letters, now!

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #47 on: February 04, 2012, 12:33:54 AM »
> How suspicious! ... But there's a lot of people with long skirts! Lets skim through the letters, now!

> You take a look through the letters.  There are no dates on them, nor do they have addresses on them.  Many of them are completely unintelligible, either from being smudged, or from being ripped, or from being dunked in water, as a few of them seem to look like.  One of them even has burn marks.  Of the letters that are undamaged, you can't read them at all; it's nothing but kanji.  There does seem to be one letter, however, that you can read.  It begins with, "Dearest Friend..."

> _

« Reply #48 on: February 04, 2012, 01:01:39 AM »
> Read aloud, "Dearest Friend, by the time you read this I will be missing. This is how I think it'll happen: first the gap lady comes in and disappears me, then I'll disappear her. Then the kitsune will come in and the gap lady and I will disappear her multiple times. Love, me. P.S.: Then a little samurai girl will come in and read this letter, and get disappeared by a tanuki."
> Keep reading!

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #49 on: February 04, 2012, 01:34:00 AM »
> Read aloud, "Dearest Friend, by the time you read this I will be missing. This is how I think it'll happen: first the gap lady comes in and disappears me, then I'll disappear her. Then the kitsune will come in and the gap lady and I will disappear her multiple times. Love, me. P.S.: Then a little samurai girl will come in and read this letter, and get disappeared by a tanuki."
> Keep reading!

> Dearest Friend,

I hope you've been doing well, and eating enough.  It's getting a lot colder up here, snowing even, although metaphorically speaking I feel like I'm getting warmer.  The baby should be due in a few weeks.  Souji's already trying to think of names, but I already have one picked out.  That's a secret, though!  I will tell you after she's born.  I have a feeling she's a girl (shrine maiden's intuition!).  Who knows, maybe she and you will be good friends.  Maybe you could pass on some of your worldly wisdom to her, haha.  I think she could use that.  Maybe she won't hate youkai or grow up in fear of them if someone's around to tell her they're not all bad.  I don't think she'd take my word for it, because I've killed so many.  I can only really teach her how to do her job, and use our magical heirlooms.

Okay, this is too depressing for a letter.  I don't know, I guess I'm getting sentimental because I'm about to become a mother.  I was kind of hoping that the next time you visited I'd have given birth already.  I've been stuck at home for the past nine months and will probably continue to be that way for a while, so it'd be nice to see someone drop by for a change.  I never really noticed that before, how no one ever comes here.  Well, even if you end up being too busy to come, the shrine won't be lonely for long, or quiet.  I can feel the baby kicking me in the stomach as we speak, it's so weird and amazing at the same time.  I'm so excited for her to be born.

Best Wishes, Hakurei Tamiko

« Reply #50 on: February 04, 2012, 01:42:34 AM »
> Woah... Tamiko, huh? Is that the shrine maiden?
> Wait, did we see any baby clothing?
> Look at the beads in the box.

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #51 on: February 04, 2012, 01:45:09 AM »
> Woah... Tamiko, huh? Is that the shrine maiden?
> Wait, did we see any baby clothing?
> Look at the beads in the box.

> That is probably the mystery shrine maiden you were looking for.
> You don't recall seeing any baby clothing in the drawers, or anywhere you looked, for that matter.
> You take a look at the beads.  On closer inspection, it just looks like a prayer bracelet that was undone or fell apart.  There's a tassle in there and everything.

> _

« Reply #52 on: February 04, 2012, 02:11:51 AM »
> Take the box with us, and find Kouyoshi. "Kouyoshi, Kouyoshi! Her name was Tamiko! She was having a baby!"
> Show her the letter!

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #53 on: February 04, 2012, 02:14:12 AM »
> Take the box with us, and find Kouyoshi. "Kouyoshi, Kouyoshi! Her name was Tamiko! She was having a baby!"
> Show her the letter!

> You run back out into the hall, where Kouyoshi is seated with a gaggle of faeries pinning her tail down to the floor.  She and them all look to you in surprise when you come racing down the hall.
> "The shrine maiden?"  Kouyoshi takes the letter and scans over it with wide eyes.  The faeries around her giggle bemusedly and hang over her shoulders.
> "How long ago was this?" Kouyoshi asks, but she seems to be asking herself more than you.

> _

« Reply #54 on: February 04, 2012, 02:31:10 AM »
> "Dunno! I wonder who she was writing to... hey, where's Rumia? Did she find the basement?"

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #55 on: February 04, 2012, 02:48:58 AM »
> "Dunno! I wonder who she was writing to... hey, where's Rumia? Did she find the basement?"

> "Huh...Rumia?"  Kouyoshi looks around.  "Come to think of it, she didn't follow me in here..."

> _

« Reply #56 on: February 04, 2012, 02:52:50 AM »
> Look around outside. "Hey, Rumia! Where are you?"

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #57 on: February 04, 2012, 03:32:37 AM »
> Look around outside. "Hey, Rumia! Where are you?"

> You look out to the front yard.  The sun is almost down.
> You call out for Rumia, but you don't see her out here.

> _

« Reply #58 on: February 04, 2012, 05:34:22 PM »
We can yell louder than that! "RUUMIIAA!"
I have...a terrible need...shall I say the word?...of religion. Then I go out at night and paint the stars.

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #59 on: February 04, 2012, 07:01:34 PM »
We can yell louder than that! "RUUMIIAA!"

> You call out for her in an even louder voice.  Within moments you hear her voice, but from the other side of the shrine.
> "Whaaat?"

> _