Author Topic: Umineko Mafia - Day 4  (Read 67807 times)

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
Re: Umineko Mafia - Day 1
« Reply #60 on: July 15, 2009, 07:46:21 PM »
So Pesco, I hear you want to end the RVS stage right away, huh? I've been watching these games in the past, and I don't see how what I've been doing is anything out of the ordinary. If anything, YOU'RE more suspicious for wanting to end the RVS so quickly. However, if you were scum that'd be too obvious, even for you...I'd say I'm withholding my vote, but you already have my vote, so. :V

Good enough for me.

##Unvote
##Vote Kiro

Quote from: Kiro
When you switched to Zakeri, there's a case of Donut trying too hard on Nuclear Fusion by NF, Pesco shenanigans, Donut voting Pesco, then Zakeri voting Pesco. What makes Zakeri's comments stand out to you more than Donut's, Pesco's, or Nuclear Fusion's?

Explain?

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #61 on: July 15, 2009, 07:50:02 PM »
I'll leave the 'why didn't Donut respond to NF?' question to the man himself. Donut, if you would?

*checks* Oh, that? Didn't seem that serious to me, so I forgot about it. Though Nuclear Fusion seems to be new to the "time limit" thing, so maybe he doesn't know how the RVS works here.

...Okay, what exactly is this? First you get mad at him for trying to end RVS (which we're going to have to do anyway, and by this point everyone had already made a jokevote), then you say that it's too suspicious to be a scum tell?

I was just trying to stir up some conversation really. I wasn't getting so much angry as pointing out that his vote on me was very weak in a very bad way. So, business as usual with me.

Donut: Carthrat had first voted Roukan. You could call that his RVS vote. His second vote on Zakeri gives a serious enough reason for me to consider it a serious vote and that's where my line of questioning is going.

Pesco explicitly stated his vote was serious business (#41), but you can also argue Carthrat's vote (#37) indirectly was the same thing. Are you going to disagree with me on this point?

*hits self on forehead lightly*

I'm not the quickest in these types of games, okay?
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #62 on: July 15, 2009, 08:21:28 PM »
I'm very very lost with the Donut/Pesco thing right now. From what I can see the conversation went like this.

Pesco: "Why are you so keen to get into action?"

Donut: "Why are you so keen to end the RVS?"

Pesco: "Good point. Unvote."

Likewise -
I wasn't getting so much angry as pointing out that his vote on me was very weak in a very bad way.
Yes, last I checked this was a very bad thing. Why so wiling to ignore it?

What exactly is this? Why are you both so willing to drop your cases after one point gets turned down, and why did both of you conveniently switch to Kiro?
I'm REALLY not liking what's going on here, to be honest.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #63 on: July 15, 2009, 08:26:35 PM »
Never said it was a good point, said it was acceptable.

Nuclear Fusion

• Powered by fury
  • I AM ALWAYS ANGRY
« Reply #64 on: July 15, 2009, 08:41:25 PM »
Quote from: donut
*checks* Oh, that? Didn't seem that serious to me, so I forgot about it. Though Nuclear Fusion seems to be new to the "time limit" thing, so maybe he doesn't know how the RVS works here.

I'm assuming RVS = DATBF. That being said, what does RVS stand for?

Other things, didn't unvote donut because he's not in ninja lynch range. I'm assuming with 11 people there will be upwards of three mafia. With 6 to lynch, and only 3 votes on donut at the time, there's no reason to unvote because there's no fear of his sudden lynching (unless the mafia want to tell us who they are by trying to bandwagon him).

Second point - Pesco donut interaction does not feel fake to me. They don't have enough information either way it seems to know for sure. One could be mafia crumbling under mild pressure, but I find it highly unlikely that they both could be scum. Further posting by both will be required for me to decide.
If anybody has a good anger quote, let me know and it'll be the new sig

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #65 on: July 15, 2009, 08:44:44 PM »
RVS = Random Voting Stage

DATBF = Discussion About Trivial Bullshit Facts?

:V

Nuclear Fusion

• Powered by fury
  • I AM ALWAYS ANGRY
« Reply #66 on: July 15, 2009, 08:47:47 PM »
DATBF = Dicking Around to be Funny.

So ya, about the same thing, then.

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #67 on: July 15, 2009, 09:29:10 PM »
Never said it was a good point, said it was acceptable.
It isn't a defense, it's a deflection. You attacked him and he attacked you back, which makes him innocent? I don't get it.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #68 on: July 15, 2009, 09:32:31 PM »
His jam filled hole

I'm not seeing any scummy intent in his posts. I'm leaving him be for now.

Nietz

• NEETz
  • Normal Person
« Reply #69 on: July 15, 2009, 09:58:18 PM »
So you want to bandwagon donut, for a reason that you admit is weak?

What? That doesn't make any sense at all.

... I really want to just shout BANTWAGON right now.
The first bandwagon usually is for a weak reason. My point is that by attracting attention he can get a few votes and just wait until another, more "serious" bandwagon comes and everyone forgets about him.

Nietz: It was still the RVS, to be honest, unless NF thought his case against Donut was genuine. I read his post as false severity, intended to be a joke, so it was just a random vote to me. So he put a little flair into it - how is that drawing attention?
False severity was also how I first read his post, and that by itself would be fine. But just after that he went for pesco, which is a sure way to get attention. Someone taking their joke votes a little too far and becoming the first bandwagon, and later it just dissolving as people look for a more serious suspect is an all too common pattern here. And I figure scum might as well use it to their advantage.

Affinity

• hoho
  • ... but I have promises to keep.
« Reply #70 on: July 15, 2009, 10:41:51 PM »
@Nuclear Fusion

Firstly, why doesn't it make sense?  Weak reasons are better than none this early in the game, and it is alright to pursue something based on these.

Secondly, why didn't you vote Nietz for it?  When you had no serious votes beforehand.

##Unvote
##Vote: Nuclear Fusion

---

pesco seems to me to be avoiding the questions thrown at him.

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
« Reply #71 on: July 15, 2009, 11:13:20 PM »
Day 1 Vote Count- two days and change remain
pesco (2): - Roukanken, Zakeri
donut (2): - Nuclear Fusion, Nietz
Kiro (2): - donut, pesco
Nietz (1): - Serpentarius
Zakeri (1): - Carthrat
Affinity (1): - Dorian
Carthrat (1): - Kiro
Nuclear Fusion (1): - Affinity
Roukanken (0): -
Dorian (0): -

Not voting: Nobody <3

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #72 on: July 15, 2009, 11:25:02 PM »
I'm not seeing any scummy intent in his posts.
Then why the hell did you give him a serious business vote?

False severity was also how I first read his post, and that by itself would be fine. But just after that he went for pesco, which is a sure way to get attention. Someone taking their joke votes a little too far and becoming the first bandwagon, and later it just dissolving as people look for a more serious suspect is an all too common pattern here. And I figure scum might as well use it to their advantage.
Through this logic you may as well accuse Pesco as well for giving Donut an opening to attract attention for the first bandwagon.

Dorian White

• The most handsome non-vampire diplomat you ever encountered ~
  • With a Gandalf like evolution.
« Reply #73 on: July 15, 2009, 11:40:29 PM »
So it's time for me to stop being lazy.
What I think that makes Nuclear Fusion suspected is that he was already on the BANTWAGON he was complaining about and didn't changed it.
Then why the hell did you give him a serious business vote?
To hide that he is complete clueless? Just a guess.
Bella gerant alii, tu felix Gensokyo nube. Nam quae Mars aliis, dat tibi diva Venus.

Nuclear Fusion

• Powered by fury
  • I AM ALWAYS ANGRY
« Reply #74 on: July 16, 2009, 12:05:02 AM »
@Nuclear Fusion

Firstly, why doesn't it make sense?  Weak reasons are better than none this early in the game, and it is alright to pursue something based on these.

Secondly, why didn't you vote Nietz for it?  When you had no serious votes beforehand.

##Unvote
##Vote: Nuclear Fusion

---

pesco seems to me to be avoiding the questions thrown at him.

Because unlike some people, I'm not going to throw my votes around.

Also, I can think something is weak without thinking it is scummy. I never said I thought Neitz was scum, I said I thought his reasons for the bandwagon were weak. He explained himself, and I have no problems with his explanation at this point and time.

As for why I don't think it makes sense - bandwagons are usually for the sake of forcing somebody into a claim OR because it's DATBF/RVS. Bandwagons happen almost entirely within the first day, and are almost always pointless/bad for town. Weak reason does not equal bandwagon. Weak reason equals one of two things: 1) a vote early in the game. 2) scum who can't think of anything good.

Neitz's answer has swayed me towards a more townie feel for him.

HEY DORIAN! It's not a bandwagon vote if I'm the first one voting him for reasons unrelated to a bandwagon (as in RVS). I can complain about a bandwagon when I don't approve of the bandwagon, despite my vote being on the bandwagoned person.

Current Suspicions -

Donut - Mediocre feel on him, not getting anything one way or the other, but it sure is funny to watch him.
Pesco - I need to read his Donut responses again. Those could easily influence my feelings about him. Currently on Neutral.
Dorian - His heart seems in the right place, but his posts are lacking. How many posts have you made, anyway? Two? Three? And I don't think there's been much information from them either (as in he is being lazy and said so himself). Leaning scum on him.
Neitz - See earlier in this post. Leaning town.
Zakeri - Why does it feel like you haven't said anything useful? Requires a re-read.
Affinity - Are you normally an aggressive player? Do you feel the need to throw a vote around every post? Please respond to this.
Serpentarius - Has this guy posted even? Another I don't feel has said enough.
Cart and Kiro - I'm lumping you guys together. Enjoy that. Needs more reading of them.
Rouk - man, I almost forget him somehow. I had to check the player list like 4 times before I realized who I was missing :/ Needs more reading also.

So the only person I've got any feelings on is... Dorian, huh.

Do I have to declare an unvote? Can I just switch votes?
##unvote
## vote Dorian Gray

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #75 on: July 16, 2009, 01:02:41 AM »
Rouk - man, I almost forget him somehow. I had to check the player list like 4 times before I realized who I was missing :/ Needs more reading also.
;_;

Dorian, that's...really not a lot of content. What about everyone else?

Serp

• It's all about overwhelming force and irresistible style
  • And in a pinch, style can slide
« Reply #76 on: July 16, 2009, 01:04:05 AM »
Alright, as far as I'm concerned, RVS ended here with Nuke's response to Donut's joke post.  When people start voting on what they see as legitimate scumtells, RVS is over.  Yes, Donut's post was pretty clearly a joke post, and yes, it was just over an hour into the game, but after that point, people had some actual meaty statements to chew on.

Still, random shenanigans carry on for awhile.  I'm frustrated that of Zakeri, Carthrat, Affinity, and Dorian, nobody so much as commented on Nuke's case on Donut.  Donut himself gets an extra raised eyebrow for not even responding to it 'till he gets called out for not responding.  Nietz and (eventually) Pesco get a pass for coming down on the other side, though I think it's hard to see Donut's initial post as anything but a joke.

Donut's conduct more recently is more than a little weird, especially this:

So Pesco, I hear you want to end the RVS stage right away, huh? I've been watching these games in the past, and I don't see how what I've been doing is anything out of the ordinary. If anything, YOU'RE more suspicious for wanting to end the RVS so quickly. However, if you were scum that'd be too obvious, even for you...I'd say I'm withholding my vote, but you already have my vote, so. :V

What's so suspicious about wanting to end RVS in the first place?  Then Donut here acknowledges that Kiro has a legitimate point against Carthrat, yet continues to vote against Kiro when it was that case against Carthrat that made Donut place his vote against Kiro in the first place.  Pesco, meanwhile, says it's an "acceptable" case, which I'm willing to give him, but he's not exactly pursuing any other cases, which I can't abide.

Nietz's elaboration on Donut's scumminess here seems solid.

As for my thoughts on the others, Roukanken seems to be making all the same observations that I am.  The case on Kiro seems groundless and a little fishy, and I'm also waiting for Carthrat to explain himself.  Looks like most of the issues with Nuke after the fiasco with Donut are just due to unfamiliarity with an outsider's scumhunting techniques.  Zakeri seems really active during the RVS phase and then disappeared when things got serious, which is never a good sign.  Nietz and to a lesser degree Affinity look to be scumhunting.  Dorian should weigh in on more stuff.

##Unvote
##Vote nintendonut888

Donut's feeling the most scummy to me right now.  Pesco's a close second.  Nuke, I don't want to get bogged down into discussion of scumhunting techniques, 'cause I sense I'm already getting an unsavory reputation for that sort of thing, but you shouldn't be afraid to throw your vote around.  It lets everyone know that you mean srs bsns, and it puts pressure on whoever you happen to be voting against.  Scum are more likely to crack under pressure than townies are.
[15:13] <Sana> >:<

Carthrat

• HITLER OF LURKERS
  • MEIN MAIDENKAMPF
« Reply #77 on: July 16, 2009, 01:30:14 AM »
Kiro: Zakeri unvoted pesco and made a big deal of revoting him in the same post. Seemed more try-hardy than anything else to date, and due to the way he's hitting the same person twice in a row I can't dismiss it entirely as a jokevote, either.

Pesco is also votebait in general and a go-to lynch on day one, so I am doubly suspicious of people voting him for flimsy rationale. 'SelfVig' my foot.

Donut's votes were all jokevotes and I'd just disregarded them. I think that's all Pesco had really done, too. They barely registered, frankly.

On Donut, though, now that he knows Kiro and I weren't just fucking around, he's now obligated to have an opinion on that chain of events. After Kiro's response to him, he didn't really address how that made him feel at all (despite having a vote on Kiro ostensibly to find out more.) Explain yourself.

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #78 on: July 16, 2009, 01:37:57 AM »
Sorry, it's been a while since I've actually played Mafia, so I'm forgetting how this all works (and had a tenuous grasp on it in the first place). My opinion is...you're reaching Carthrat. Zakeri's vote still seemed like a joke vote in my eyes. In the RVS we're all coming up with weird ideas for why to vote someone, and Zakeri's is some fittingly weak and unsubstantiated reason.

In any case, you're right, I shouldn't keep my vote on Kiro anymore.

##Unvote

As for the whole issue of why I'm "suspicious" about Pesco wanting to end the RVS is that isn't that what scum wants? To end the phase to start throwing serious accusations around? But like I said, Pesco seems to like doing this regardless of his alignment, so I didn't really put much pressure on the issue.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

Nuclear Fusion

• Powered by fury
  • I AM ALWAYS ANGRY
« Reply #79 on: July 16, 2009, 01:49:26 AM »

As for the whole issue of why I'm "suspicious" about Pesco wanting to end the RVS is that isn't that what scum wants? To end the phase to start throwing serious accusations around? But like I said, Pesco seems to like doing this regardless of his alignment, so I didn't really put much pressure on the issue.

Seems to me scum want the RVS to go on as long as possible, because it would waste the day without the town getting any information. Which is bad for town. Town needs information as much as possible. So no, I think Pesco wanting to end the RVS doesn't say anything about his scumminess.

Serp

• It's all about overwhelming force and irresistible style
  • And in a pinch, style can slide
« Reply #80 on: July 16, 2009, 01:51:05 AM »

I'd think it would be the other way around.  Scum would probably want to draw the RVS phase out as long as possible so that the Town has less time to talk about stuff that actually matters, less time to scumhunt.

Crosspost with Nuke. :V
[15:13] <Sana> >:<

Nuclear Fusion