Author Topic: Umineko Mafia - Day 4  (Read 69034 times)

Dorian White

• The most handsome non-vampire diplomat you ever encountered ~
  • With a Gandalf like evolution.
Re: Umineko Mafia - Day 1
« Reply #120 on: July 16, 2009, 07:52:53 PM »
yes that was a hell to read!

first:
Nuclear Fusion is real focused on me and trys hard to justify his vote.
even too hard to be scum, at last I expect a bit more suptality.
It look like you are so sure about my guilt that you don?t care about to arouse suspicion
by pressing that hard. I understand your "wall = pro" towne point even when I?m not realy agree but to say "is better to lynch a-good-for-nothing towney than a helpfull-mafioso" goes way
too far.

hawever, pass for being waaaaaaaay too suspicious.(for now)

second:
I like to think of you all as nice and understanding and I don?t want to look
unthankful but whan one after another jumps in to defend me (the weak-newbe point aside)
it makes me look suspicious.

third:
The whole pesco-donat thing gif me a headache.
donat joke-vote pesco, pesco "serious"-vote donat for a weak reason.
After both set it aside as a jok/mistake they vote kiro for a reson I fail to see.

##Unvote,
##Vote: donat

##Vote Nuclear Fusion

I'm a little light on other reasons, but this is something that really caught my attention. This whole thing you said just rings WTF to me. You're basically not going to pursue someone who puts any effort into their posts. What if they make a fatal slip-up, which is more likely in a long post? Wouldn't you rather lynch a suspicious person so that their information holds some hard value? I don't care what play style you have, this just screams anti-town to me.
For jumping on the "That" too motivated.
Bella gerant alii, tu felix Gensokyo nube. Nam quae Mars aliis, dat tibi diva Venus.

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #121 on: July 16, 2009, 08:00:51 PM »
T_T
The inverse Too Townie fallacy strikes again.

Dorian...really doesn't seem to know what's happening. I'll ask him this, though - you seem suspicious of both Pesco and Donut, but why are you more suspicious of Donut?

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #122 on: July 16, 2009, 08:01:32 PM »
EBWOP: By which I mean I don't get the 'jumping on the THAT too motivated' point.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #123 on: July 16, 2009, 08:13:48 PM »
I have aspirins and I'm not going to be sharing them. Aspirins are headache tablets if you're not sure what I'm talking about.

Why is it my fault that you weren't being clear about what you meant and thus apparently got misinterpreted?

Of course. Because not explaining what you say is entirely pro-Town. >_>

Because, well...it isn't? Donut didn't respond to your accusation in any way, he just pointed out a flaw in your play. That isn't a reason to consider him any less scummy, and that's what I don't understand.

So what, you want him to come out and say to us 'hey guys, I was all jumpy earlier because I'm an idiot so don't vote me'?

REALLY want to see a Pesco lynch now. Deflecting the blame for his own imprecise wording onto the people reading it is insanely scummy IMO.

It's your fault that you ran with the misinterpretation and never thought to ask clearly first.

Explaining is subject to more misinterpretation and nitpicking, so I'm stopping it here.

You're talking yourself into circles. His response was idiotic, I concluded not likely to be scum. Figure out your synapses on your own.

His answer was fine by my book, what do I care if you don't like his answer.

"IMO" ... Rou, why do I have to fight with you even when I'm town. Prove to me that there hasn't been any tunnel bias in your opinions.

Quote from: Nietz
I don't know what you want by being a smug smartass, pesco. But if it's clearing yourself, you're certainly doing it wrong. In fact, you seem to be doing everything possible to look scummy.

I'm only a jerk to Rou and Donut, people I'm comfortable with being a jerk to.

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #124 on: July 16, 2009, 08:17:11 PM »
I'm not trying to necessarily defend Pesco, but let me get this straight Roukanken: You want to lynch him on the basis that he took my being an idiot as good enough to back off? I said from the very first post I made on the subject that I wasn't really accusing Pesco of anything, and whatever I said apparently convinced him of otherwise. I don't see how this is making Pesco more suspicious than NF right now. Not to reopen old wounds, but the only thing I see this as is a lover's spat.

Because, well...it isn't? Donut didn't respond to your accusation in any way, he just pointed out a flaw in your play. That isn't a reason to consider him any less scummy, and that's what I don't understand.

I responded to it in my own way: A way that only makes sense to me and in hindsight, really didn't answer his questions. >_> My only defense to "drawing so much attention to myself" is that I thought it was still the RVS.

As for NF's claim, I don't really like it either. However, I'm not sure if I should keep my vote on him or not. He's still by far the scummiest player I can see, but from what I see if we leave him alive three things can happen:

1. Mafia NKs him. He's telling the truth and we lose a cop
2. Mafia leaves him alive for whatever reason and he starts talking. We have a live cop who can help us
3. He lives and starts feeding us false information, because he's Mafia

Two out of these three options are desirable. Of course we'd want a confirmed cop helping us, and if there's a doctor role we can keep him alive. But also if it is the third case, a Mafia fakeclaiming as a cop is doomed to get found out sooner or later.

So, I bet I'll regret doing this, but ##Unvote. If someone can point out a flaw in my logic I'll put my vote back on him, but ATM I see it as more valuable to keep him alive.

Cut by four people (EVERYBODY CUTS ME! /wrists), but Dorian's vote just confuses me.

For jumping on the "That" too motivated.

...What does that even mean? Please explain the meaning behind this sentence.

* Donut cuts his wrists even harder from this remark

Suddenly I'm suspecting Dorian and I don't know why. I know better than to vote on a gut instinct though, so I'll just leave it as an unexplained suspicion.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #125 on: July 16, 2009, 08:21:48 PM »
Which of those 3 options are the 2 desirable ones? I only see one.

[cracktheory]Dorian is Wrathie's alt :V[/cracktheory]

nintendonut888

« Reply #126 on: July 16, 2009, 08:24:26 PM »
Leaving him alive and he's a genuine cop and leaving him alive and it's a fakeclaim. Of course the only way to tell them apart is if he inspects someone and they turn out to actually BE scum.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #127 on: July 16, 2009, 08:39:31 PM »
It's your fault that you ran with the misinterpretation and never thought to ask clearly first.
So you can be as muddy as you like and it's perfectly okay? I read your point as I interpreted it, and apparently got it wrong, but if you'd just be clearer it wouldn't have happened.

Explaining is subject to more misinterpretation and nitpicking, so I'm stopping it here.
This is insanely scummy. Not giving a solid explanation allows scum to produce an escape route if need be because their position is flexible. They can come up with all sorts of explanations for what they did because they can't be held to anything.

You're talking yourself into circles. His response was idiotic, I concluded not likely to be scum. Figure out your synapses on your own.
Where did you say this? 'Good enough for me' does NOT suggest this sort of response, which is the point I've been making all day.

His answer was fine by my book, what do I care if you don't like his answer.
This is not the religion thread. Opinions are not totally and utterly untouchable, because in the end there are concrete townies and mafiosi. Therefore I have every right to disapprove of your opinion, in the same way that other players disapproved of NF clearing Serp so easily.

"IMO" ... Rou, why do I have to fight with you even when I'm town. Prove to me that there hasn't been any tunnel bias in your opinions.
Besides the fact you've been deliberately antagonising me so that this argument looks like a petty quarrel, this is blatantly attacking the player rather than the argument.

I'm not trying to necessarily defend Pesco, but let me get this straight Roukanken: You want to lynch him on the basis that he took my being an idiot as good enough to back off? I said from the very first post I made on the subject that I wasn't really accusing Pesco of anything, and whatever I said apparently convinced him of otherwise. I don't see how this is making Pesco more suspicious than NF right now. Not to reopen old wounds, but the only thing I see this as is a lover's spat.
Let me explain this AGAIN as a summary of my entire argument against Pesco, for the sake of clarity:
Pesco initially gave no explanation besides 'good enough for me' for unvoting you when you did nothing to defend yourself.
Pesco's reasoning for removing his vote on you magically changed somewhere down the line from 'his response was good enough for me' to 'he's being an idiot', and he's failing to explain why.
He's flaring up the conversation for the sake of using 'Rou is tunneling' as an alibi, and he's outright refusing to explain himself because apparently he doesn't want his reasoning to go under scrutiny.
He deflects the blame from this onto us for not accepting his opinion as untouchable.

Suddenly I'm suspecting Dorian and I don't know why. I know better than to vote on a gut instinct though, so I'll just leave it as an unexplained suspicion.
Major points lost for going for the easy target, especially on gut. Old memories of my Pesco/Donut scumpair theory are rising to the surface again.

I've made my points, I've made my argument. I intend to avoid feeding the troll from this point on unless absolutely necessary, since now he's simply resorting to personal attacks. If anyone else wants to say something on the matter, it'd certainly help.

Nuclear Fusion

• Powered by fury
  • I AM ALWAYS ANGRY
« Reply #128 on: July 16, 2009, 08:40:00 PM »

Nuclear Fusion: To cut to the chase, if you were complaining about Nietz and others bandwagoning on Donut and not bothering to move your vote because it was a joke vote, you've clearly forgotten that you confirmed your vote for Donut in #25. Therefore, your continued defense of that is no good. Other points of suspicion include an immediate clear of Serpentarius after his post. Liking grand schemes and baseless accusations also is no good. I also don't like how you're mainly just defending yourself and not scumhunting much at all.

A) I'm defending myself because everybody is on my case. If I try to just say "oh hey look I think he is scum" then you would call the deflection. I can't win either way in this case, so I'd rather defend myself to prevent the town from lynching the cop.

B) The confirm vote on donut was still part of RVS.
If anybody has a good anger quote, let me know and it'll be the new sig

?lice Bl?ckb?rn

• The real Alice Blackbarn!
  • "OH DESIRE"
« Reply #129 on: July 16, 2009, 08:40:37 PM »
Right now I'd still vote for either pesco or Fusion, but I want a new votecount before.
Ask and thou shalt recieve, the Witches of Rokkenjima are kind to those who believe in them.

Beatrice! Maga crudele!
Di bellezza senza pari
Beatrice! Oh Di dolcezza capricciosa
Mai potr? liberarmi dal tuo incantesimo
Se questa pena deve durare, almeno una volta abbi piet?

Day 1 Vote Count - 1 day and 8 hours remaining:
Nuclear Fusion (3): - Affinity, Carthrat, donut, Pesco
pesco (2): - Roukanken, Zakeri
donut (2): - Nuclear Fusion, Nietz, Serpentarius, Dorian
Dorian (1): - Nuclear Fusion
Nietz (0): - Serpentarius
Zakeri (0): - Carthrat
Affinity (0): - Dorian
Kiro (0): - donut, pesco
Carthrat (0): - Kiro
Roukanken (0): -

Not voting: Nietz, Kiro, donut
"Oh, great. Another game where I get screwed by Kilga." ~ Carthrat

nintendonut888

« Reply #130 on: July 16, 2009, 08:51:13 PM »
Roukanken, let me try and clear up what Pesco means:

Pesco's reasoning for removing his vote on you magically changed somewhere down the line from 'his response was good enough for me' to 'he's being an idiot', and he's failing to explain why.

If I have it right, my explanation was good enough for him because I'm being an idiot.

This is insanely scummy. Not giving a solid explanation allows scum to produce an escape route if need be because their position is flexible. They can come up with all sorts of explanations for what they did because they can't be held to anything.

Or he's stopping because if you put all his posts together his point makes sense and he's tired of trying to explain it to you. At least that's what I'd think if I were Pesco. *shudders*

Major points lost for going for the easy target, especially on gut. Old memories of my Pesco/Donut scumpair theory are rising to the surface again.

Uh...didn't I say I WASN'T going after him BECAUSE it's a bad idea to do it on gut? >_>

Just to get my thoughts out of the way, I'm not buying Roukanken's case on Pesco at all. In my eyes Pesco is currently one of the more townish people here for once. Roukanken seems to be misguided town, and NF is either scum hiding behind a fakeclaim or a cop playing in one of the worst ways possible. Everybody else I don't have much of an opinion on.

Nuclear Fusion