Author Topic: Ten Desires DISAPPEARS?!  (Read 1982 times)

Kumori

• BLAAAAAH.
Ten Desires DISAPPEARS?!
« on: November 07, 2011, 04:38:43 PM »
Oh, sometimes I want to MURDER my computer. First of all, it's Windows 7, and this computer hates me so the only Touhou game I can get on it is Ten Desires, and I had the folder, with Ten Desires, was about to post that the patch wasn't working and-

WHERE'D MY FOLDER GO? That's right, my Ten Desires folder and everything inside it has vanished into thin air. Recycle Bin? No TH13. Oh well, says I. I'll just install again. Wow, guess what? It won't let me install again. I have a folder called Ten Desires, I try to install Ten Desires into it, it doesn't even START to install. It just sits there like some kind of lump. Sometimes I want to KILL my computer.

Any help for this dumb, dumb thing? (And if I tell my dad, despite the fact he fixes computers as his work, he will tell me Touhou is a virus. There is no point asking him anymore.)
I cannot think of a good signature, and probably never will.

Gpop

• Subconscious Rose Girl, Koishi
  • FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
Re: Ten Desires DISAPPEARS?!
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2011, 05:02:32 PM »
Did you put Touhou 13 in Program Files? Maybe it disappeared into the hidden VirtualStore folder.

C:Users<your personal folder>AppdataLocalVirtualStore<whatever the path for Touhou 13 folder is>.

You'll have to enable hidden folders though. Windows 7 and Vista does this for some reason =/

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2011, 05:04:51 PM »
Where did you install the game ? If you don't have admin privileges, try installing it to a new folder in your desktop instead.

Kumori

• BLAAAAAH.
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2011, 07:26:48 PM »
Where did you install the game ? If you don't have admin privileges, try installing it to a new folder in your desktop instead.
I created a folder called Ten Desires and installed it there. Just tried installing it directly to the desktop, no work. Folder in desktop, install... no work.

Drake

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2011, 07:29:29 PM »
Have you at least ran a search for th13.exe? You sure nobody shift-deleted it? Have you played the installed game before it vanished? (Unimportant questions but meh)

Screenshots of installation process would be good too. And because you still haven't answered, do you have admin privileges?

Also if your dad actually works on computers then asking him why installing a game doesn't work probably isn't going to get him to tell you it's a virus just because "you think he will".

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

Kumori

• BLAAAAAH.
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2011, 08:18:01 PM »
Have you at least ran a search for th13.exe? You sure nobody shift-deleted it? Have you played the installed game before it vanished? (Unimportant questions but meh)

Screenshots of installation process would be good too. And because you still haven't answered, do you have admin privileges?

Also if your dad actually works on computers then asking him why installing a game doesn't work probably isn't going to get him to tell you it's a virus just because "you think he will".

EPIC FACEPALM here. Why didn't I search for it? Turns out it had somehow made its way into another folder, don't ask how.

And my dad does work on computers, and he puts everything Touhou related down to viruses. I'm not joking. He's told me every time I mention Touhou that it's probably full of viruses.

Sorry to waste your time, I'm not usually this stupid. :blush:
« Last Edit: November 07, 2011, 08:53:03 PM by Kumori »

Momiji

• Cya
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2011, 01:53:44 AM »
He's told me every time I mention Touhou that it's probably full of viruses.
He's right.  It gives you rabies, and causes random ribbons and frills to sprout on your clothes.  :D