Author Topic: Yukari Quest!  (Read 76727 times)

Shadoweh

• I will ahn~ vote count for you
  • The STRONGEST Day Effect
Re: Yukari Quest!
« Reply #960 on: December 05, 2011, 09:25:55 AM »
> Shake our head. "I was traveling. I thought Gensokyo was in better hands then this."
> Has Reimu always been a money-hungry megalomaniac?
> How much is $200 worth in Gensokyo? Should a resident be reasonably expected to pay this?
> Tell Byakuren the current date. (We picked that up somewhere right?)
> "If I were to awaken everyone it will take far more then a few hours. I should be able to free one more before night. I'll need proper rest after that. So will you."

I think we should offer to take Byakuren back to MahowhereveritisYukarilives. We shouldn't let our potential allies get out of sight and if Byakuren gets seen in the village Reimu might get informed about what we're doing.

Kitten4u: "I'll say it plainly: THERE IS NO WAY SHADOWEH IS SCUM!" - A Balanced Game of Mafia

Dormio Ergo Sum

• MotK's Official Idlebot
  • I don't bite... much.
« Reply #961 on: December 05, 2011, 09:42:10 AM »
> Shake our head. "I was traveling. I thought Gensokyo was in better hands then this."
> Has Reimu always been a money-hungry megalomaniac?
> How much is $200 worth in Gensokyo? Should a resident be reasonably expected to pay this?
> Tell Byakuren the current date. (We picked that up somewhere right?)
> "If I were to awaken everyone it will take far more then a few hours. I should be able to free one more before night. I'll need proper rest after that. So will you."
>"The last I saw of it, Gensokyo was in a sad state."
>Byakuren sighs and closes her eyes.
>"It would seem as though not much has changed."
>Although she always complained about not having enough of it, you don't think that the Reimu you knew would go to such extremes.
>$200 is a considerable amount of money, enough for one to buy enough food to last them for a month.
>You lost track of the exact date whist you were trapped within the border. You do, however, have an approximate. It should be mid-Spring, 2005. You relay this information to Byakuren.
>"So, it has been over a year..."
>"I have time."
>"If you could, there must be a way I can compensate you for your troubles."

>_

GuyYouMetOnline

• Surprisingy not smart for lynch dodging
« Reply #962 on: December 05, 2011, 06:53:03 PM »
>"Reimu never demanded payment before. Do you have any idea what happened to change this?"

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #963 on: December 05, 2011, 09:44:11 PM »
>"Reimu never demanded payment before. Do you have any idea what happened to change this?"
>"As I said before, she seems to believe that she deserves it in exchange for maintaining the border."
>"If anything else has happened to her, I do not know of it."

>_

Tamashii Kanjou

• If you didn't quite already know...
  • I am the leader of TCF <3
    • TCF's Gaming Channel
« Reply #964 on: December 05, 2011, 11:05:07 PM »
>Nod in understanding; that miko is going to have a lot to answer for...

>"I need to check on my shikigami soon, after which, I'll probably be venturing towards the Mountain. If I am going to be able to do anything else, I'm going to need to rest first. You also need it..."
>Look back at the temple.
>"But... I wouldn't advise staying here. I understand you care about them; but it'll do you no good to wait in there, let alone sleep. I can offer you a place at Mayohiga for a while; you won't be alone, at the very least."

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #965 on: December 05, 2011, 11:38:10 PM »
>Nod in understanding; that miko is going to have a lot to answer for...

>"I need to check on my shikigami soon, after which, I'll probably be venturing towards the Mountain. If I am going to be able to do anything else, I'm going to need to rest first. You also need it..."
>Look back at the temple.
>"But... I wouldn't advise staying here. I understand you care about them; but it'll do you no good to wait in there, let alone sleep. I can offer you a place at Mayohiga for a while; you won't be alone, at the very least."
>You nod in response. What was Reimu thinking...?
>"I see. I shall search for Nue while waiting for when you are able to assist us further. I am thinking that she may know something, as she managed to escape."
>You take a look at the temple before asking Byakuren if she would like to stay at Mayohiga.
>"I do not plan to stay here when I can do nothing for them. When I had been sealed away, they travelled far and wide in order to free me. I shall do the same."
>"Thank you for the gracious offer, if you do not mind the inconvenience, I shall gladly accept. I will, however, continue to search in the meantime."

>_

Shadoweh

« Reply #966 on: December 07, 2011, 03:39:47 AM »
> Rest here with Byakuren until we feel able to manipulate more borders.
> Ask Byakuren about her abilities while we rest. What are her specialties?
> Once we've recovered, ask Byakuren: "I have enough power to peel another seal away. Who would you like freed next?"

Kitten4u: "I'll say it plainly: THERE IS NO WAY SHADOWEH IS SCUM!" - A Balanced Game of Mafia

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #967 on: December 07, 2011, 04:55:49 AM »
> Rest here with Byakuren until we feel able to manipulate more borders.
> Ask Byakuren about her abilities while we rest. What are her specialties?
> Once we've recovered, ask Byakuren: "I have enough power to peel another seal away. Who would you like freed next?"
>You take a seat next to Byakuren, leaning against the temple's walls.
>"I am but a magician. My abilities are nothing extraordinary. My speciality lies in augmenting the abilities of myself and others."
>The two of you begin to talk about trivial things, such as the world before it began to change.
>As you talk, you feel fatigue hitting you and your eyes begin to close.
>You hear a faint "Good night" as your consciousness fades away.
>...
>After some time, you open your eyes to a red sky. The sun appears to be setting.
>You feel rested enough to use your border manipulation abilities once more.
>You turn your head to ask if Byakuren if she wanted anyone in particular to be freed, only to find that you cannot see Byakuren in your immediate line of sight.

>_

Shadoweh

« Reply #968 on: December 07, 2011, 05:57:11 AM »
> Oh dear, we nodded off. Where did she go? "Byakuren?"
> Look around and asses how long we were asleep. Look around the temple, then inside.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #969 on: December 07, 2011, 06:35:07 AM »
> Oh dear, we nodded off. Where did she go? "Byakuren?"
> Look around and asses how long we were asleep. Look around the temple, then inside.
>Judging by how the sun is setting, you would guess that you have been asleep for four or five hours.
>You call Byakuren's name as you look around the temple for her.
>You take a few steps, before turning to look at the temple.
>Above the temple, you can see a figure standing in the air.

>_

Shadoweh

« Reply #970 on: December 07, 2011, 06:46:42 AM »
> Look up at the figure, is it Byakuren? If it is, go closer.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #971 on: December 07, 2011, 07:18:26 AM »
> Look up at the figure, is it Byakuren? If it is, go closer.
>You believe that it is.
>You fly up behind Byakuren. She seems to be staring at the sunset.
>The cracks in the sky block out portions of your view of the sunset.
>Without turning to face you, Byakuren speaks.
>"It's used to be so much more beautiful, didn't it?"

>_
« Last Edit: December 07, 2011, 07:20:18 AM by Tamamo no dorMae »

Shadoweh

« Reply #972 on: December 07, 2011, 11:30:15 AM »
> Glance up at the sunset. "The beauty is still trying to reach us. I won't allow those boundaries to come between the sun and Gensokyo any longer."
> Regard the sunset for a few more moments, then quietly, "When you're ready. I can awaken one more companion, then I think it would be best if you assisted us to my home for the night."

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #973 on: December 07, 2011, 11:47:26 AM »
> Glance up at the sunset. "The beauty is still trying to reach us. I won't allow those boundaries to come between the sun and Gensokyo any longer."
> Regard the sunset for a few more moments, then quietly, "When you're ready. I can awaken one more companion, then I think it would be best if you assisted us to my home for the night."
>"Of course. You are going to work towards making sure that that happens, are you not?"
>Byakuren turns to face you.
>"I too wish to see the beauty of Gensokyo once more. I am sure that the others would as well."
>"I do not know what help I can offer... but, once I have found Nue and awoken everyone else, I wish to assist you."
>"Are you sure that you feel well enough? You still appear to show signs of fatigue."

>_

Shadoweh

« Reply #974 on: December 07, 2011, 12:05:53 PM »
> Smile. "I can push myself this once more today. I'm still young and spry~"
> "I'm sure everyone longs for a return to the Gensokyo we know."
> "Well, your magic may be able to help me immediately. You said your specialty is augmenting others? I could use your strength before attempting this a second time."
> "Which of your friends would you like freed next?"

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #975 on: December 07, 2011, 12:18:08 PM »
> Smile. "I can push myself this once more today. I'm still young and spry~"
> "I'm sure everyone longs for a return to the Gensokyo we know."
> "Well, your magic may be able to help me immediately. You said your specialty is augmenting others? I could use your strength before attempting this a second time."
> "Which of your friends would you like freed next?"
>You give Byakuren a smile, which she returns.
>"My apologies. I shall rely on that that strength of yours."
>"I shall do what I can to assist you in returning that world."
>"Yes. a similar thought ran across my mind as well. You said earlier that you had been weakened. Could you please describe this to me in greater detail?"
>"I do not think that it would be entirely fair for myself to choose amongst them. They are all precious to me, and I could not value one over another."

>_

Shadoweh

« Reply #976 on: December 07, 2011, 12:44:25 PM »
Cop out!

> How would we describe this weakened sensation? Concentrate on our powers as we try to pinpoint exactly what's wrong.
> "Ah, no wonder they hold you in such high regard. Leave it to me then, my choice will have no bias from you."

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #977 on: December 07, 2011, 10:48:27 PM »
> How would we describe this weakened sensation? Concentrate on our powers as we try to pinpoint exactly what's wrong.
> "Ah, no wonder they hold you in such high regard. Leave it to me then, my choice will have no bias from you."
>It feels as though something is blocking your abilities. It is difficult to feel the borders, as if your senses have been numbed. You can force yourself to begin manipulating the borders, but this is highly draining.
>"My apologies, again."

>_

Shadoweh

« Reply #978 on: December 07, 2011, 11:46:51 PM »
> "No need to apologize."
> Explain our difficulties to Byakuren. "My abilities feel inhibited by something. It's as if my ability to sense and feel borders has been numbed. I don't seem to be sealed the same way you were, however. Forcing myself to manipulate borders is more draining then it should be."

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #979 on: December 07, 2011, 11:55:34 PM »
> "No need to apologize."
> Explain our difficulties to Byakuren. "My abilities feel inhibited by something. It's as if my ability to sense and feel borders has been numbed. I don't seem to be sealed the same way you were, however. Forcing myself to manipulate borders is more draining then it should be."
>"Then, thank you."
>"I see... Although I do not understand how your ability works, I think that I may be able to assist you."
>"When you are ready, please tell me where you plan to break the seal from."

>_

Shadoweh

« Reply #980 on: December 08, 2011, 12:45:41 AM »
> "Alright then~ The seals need to be broken on the inside. I'm ready now."
> Head into the temple. Go to the first room we explored when we entered, Nazrin's room. Where do we feel the borders of the seal here are weakest? Head to that spot.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #981 on: December 08, 2011, 01:29:38 AM »
> "Alright then~ The seals need to be broken on the inside. I'm ready now."
> Head into the temple. Go to the first room we explored when we entered, Nazrin's room. Where do we feel the borders of the seal here are weakest? Head to that spot.
>"Let us go, then."
>You head back into the temple with Byakuren and press further on into Nazrin's room.
>The seal fills the entire room and seems to be concentrated around Nazrin. The seal's strength is distributed equally.
>"Is this where you will be performing your procedure?"

>_

Shadoweh

« Reply #982 on: December 08, 2011, 01:44:38 AM »
> Head over to Nazrin, then nod. "Any spot in this room will do. I believe it's your turn to show me your moves~"

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #983 on: December 08, 2011, 02:56:43 AM »
> Head over to Nazrin, then nod. "Any spot in this room will do. I believe it's your turn to show me your moves~"
>You step towards Nazrin before telling Byakuren that you are ready to begin.
>Byakuren nods in response, before closing her eyes and lifting her arms towards you.
>Byakuren begins to chant and you see a scroll begin to form from her hands.
>At the same time, you see a circle made of similar letters to the ones on her scroll form around you.
>You feel yourself being filled with energy, you can sense everything around you.
>In fact, you feel as though you have full command over your powers once more.

>_

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #984 on: December 08, 2011, 02:57:47 AM »
> Cut off Byakuren's head with gaps

Hero999

• Banzai!
  • Beep~
« Reply #985 on: December 08, 2011, 02:58:11 AM »
> Break the 4th Wall.

Tamashii Kanjou

• If you didn't quite already know...
  • I am the leader of TCF <3
    • TCF's Gaming Channel
« Reply #986 on: December 08, 2011, 02:59:17 AM »
>... WHY WOULD WE EVEN DO THAT?!
>Ignore the previous two posts.

>Revel in our restored powers and break that seal on Nazrin.

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #987 on: December 08, 2011, 03:00:36 AM »
> No, ignore the previous post
> Seal Nazrin even more with Gaps

Shadoweh

« Reply #988 on: December 08, 2011, 03:02:14 AM »
> If we can reach the people in the other rooms with our powers right now, break one of their seals as well! Like the one on Shou.
> Hammer PX and leave him to the graveyard QT
> This is a strictly unsealing zone, no sealing anyone with gaps.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
  • Whoa, this YF-29's awesome!
« Reply #989 on: December 08, 2011, 03:03:09 AM »
>Just bust the seal already!
Essence RO
Eiji Komatsu L1xx/6x CritsinX | Ryoshima Nanbu L7x/4x Crafting Blacksmith

Arbitrary Gaming~!
Youkai Quest: Unknown Adventure