Author Topic: Touhou 13 ~ Ten Desires announced!  (Read 262985 times)

Paper Conan

• Productivity, all day 'erry day
  • NOPE, just kidding~
Re: Touhou 13 ~ Ten Desires announced!
« Reply #720 on: March 05, 2011, 02:56:24 AM »
I would actually enjoy love seeing her back. I honestly don't like her.... at all, but if she came back then I would actually be able to know more about this "Mima" person everyone talks about (since I don't know anything about the PC98 era).

Also, Yuuka came back during an incident with flowers, so why can't Mima come back during an incident with spirits?
(Please note that I, right now, am neutral with Mima, so I don't really care what happens (if anything) to her....)

Ayuka

• Pursuer of cute things
  • Not obsessive in the slightest.
    • Neko Arrange
« Reply #721 on: March 05, 2011, 03:11:30 AM »
Mima this, and Mima that. When are we gonna start hearing about Rika and Shinki, huh?!

But, I really don't think this story-line is a reason for Mima to come back. Sure, she's a spirit, sure, she haunts the Hakurei Shrine, but she's an Evil Spirit/Ghost/Extended Metaphor for why pointy hats are cool. This game is about divine spirits so I really don't think ZUN would even think of getting Mima involved.

Agent of the BSoD

• Takeminakata Invocation
  • Never forget
« Reply #722 on: March 05, 2011, 04:04:30 AM »
Mima this, and Mima that. When are we gonna start hearing about Rika and Shinki, huh?!
Rika would be way awesome to have back. (SPOILERS: She's the final boss) Shinki on the other hand, IMO, meh. She never really struck me as an important character like most other final bosses do. (though this is probably due to no english patch for that game yet, and I'm too lazy to use touhou wiki) Though I have to admit, her danmaku is pretty awesome.
Though if she did come back, I would probably have a change of heart for her.

I would be cool though if in some danmaku game, you could play as Chen. Seriously, who wouldn't?

Also, just to say this, I would lol so hard if Meiling was playable in a danmaku game. :D
I figured out how to play midi in games with a different device on Win7 ^^
TF2 Backpack
Embodiment of Scarlet Hair English Patch is almost completed.
^ I didn't forget about this. I don't know what you're talking about. >_>

CirnoFan

• I never thought I'd get this chance :O!
« Reply #723 on: March 05, 2011, 04:05:20 AM »
I couldn't wait to find out who the new characters are!

Maybe fanart will spring up both in Japan and Outside Japan (USA) at the same rate!

Also, I bet the music would be awesome, and remixes (Techno, Rock, and Classical) would also spring up very soon!
« Last Edit: March 05, 2011, 04:09:15 AM by CirnoFan »
Previous Usernames: CirnoFan754, CirnoFan, The Scale of Rivalry, The Square of Rivalries, Wikipe-Tan, Car Inferno
Posts: 83/150 What will happen is my YouTube and deviantART account will appear when the # of posts reaches 150.

No, I didn't make it.

Marin The Magus

• The magician of dimensional dreams
  • Energetic Satorin~ Shougorori~
« Reply #724 on: March 05, 2011, 04:06:38 AM »
And what about yumemi and chiyuri!?

AMZYoshio

• Transcend the edge of Dissillusion
  • WHAT IS THIS I DON'T EVEN
« Reply #725 on: March 05, 2011, 04:15:46 AM »
You know, ZUN should just reboot the entire PC-98 crew into existance.

Letty Whiterock

« Reply #726 on: March 05, 2011, 04:19:20 AM »
I, for one, think that we don't need any new characters, because the Touhou universe has too many as it is. There is a ridiculous saturation of girls in Gensokyo, and I really think ZUN should concentrate on further fleshing out the characters he already has. I'm just sick of seeing new characters.

Savory

• I am a save frog
  • *wink*
« Reply #727 on: March 05, 2011, 04:24:51 AM »
I can't wait to bomb some dodongoes youkai!

Marin The Magus

• The magician of dimensional dreams
  • Energetic Satorin~ Shougorori~
« Reply #728 on: March 05, 2011, 04:39:33 AM »
I, for one, think that we don't need any new characters, because the Touhou universe has too many as it is. There is a ridiculous saturation of girls in Gensokyo, and I really think ZUN should concentrate on further fleshing out the characters he already has. I'm just sick of seeing new characters.
Okay, let's just say that, as an example, PCB didn't have new characters, and all of PCB cast is just from older games (only PCB, not the rest). Would you really have liked it that way, knowing how PCB characters are?
I think that a touhou without new lolis would provoke Kogasa to kill herself (seriously speaking, but it would be kinda boring). Besides, touhou fandom is what it is because of the lack of information, inspiring the fans to be creative and fill it with theories~ 

Reddyne

• Give me love and money. I have the rest already.
  • Love and money coming from you is what I need.
« Reply #729 on: March 05, 2011, 04:51:46 AM »
Orange is suddenly an extra stage boss. Meiling crashes onto the scene out of nowhere as the midboss.

It'd be kinda fun seeing some of the old characters come back, but I severely doubt any more would at this point. Bringing Yuuka back seemed like a stretch in the first place and I'm quite shocked to see her be so popular. On a side note, I am quite amused by the desperate Mima fans hoping she shows up out of nowhere for the next game and how their desperation is perfectly countered by those who burn with a seething rage simply because she still has a (truly justifiable) fandom. This in turn fuels the flames for the fans' desire for her return. A Mima fan I may be, but I watch these two have it out and all I can think of is "how about a game of chess?"

TA-DAAAAAAA! 61 blood donations and counting! 
Best Mile: 5:30
Best 5k: 18:07
Best Marathon: 3:23:16

Myschi

• cawcawcawcaw
    • The Grass Feels Like Pants
« Reply #730 on: March 05, 2011, 04:53:17 AM »

If nothing else, Yumemi and Chiyuri.

Also, the demo'll be online (say at ZUN's blog), right? I've actually never been around for any other demo releases, soo... ???

Paper Conan

• NOPE, just kidding~
« Reply #731 on: March 05, 2011, 05:11:13 AM »
I can't wait to bomb some dodongoes youkai!
:yukkuri:

Also, the demo'll be online (say at ZUN's blog), right? I've actually never been around for any other demo releases, soo... ???
Same here. I started playing Touhou as soon as Hisoutensoku was released. Double Spoiler and Great Fairy Wars are the only new games ZUN has released since I joined, but now..... now he's going to release a THx.0 game!  :3

I've heard that he uploads them online, yet I've never really found them.... Any conformation?

Agent of the BSoD

• Takeminakata Invocation
  • Never forget
« Reply #732 on: March 05, 2011, 05:12:46 AM »
He normally puts the demos on his site, just not the fighters (except IaMP) and the picture games, and GFW. He also never mentioned that the demo will be online, it's only coming out at Reitaisai 8, which is strange in my opinion.

I've heard that he uploads them online, yet I've never really found them.... Any conformation?
http://www16.big.or.jp/~zun/html/game.html
I figured out how to play midi in games with a different device on Win7 ^^
TF2 Backpack
Embodiment of Scarlet Hair English Patch is almost completed.
^ I didn't forget about this. I don't know what you're talking about. >_>

game2011

• magneiptVE
    • Unsurpassed ??asual Dating - Real Women
« Reply #733 on: March 05, 2011, 05:33:15 AM »
I don't think so.
She's a living umbrella.
Karakasas are a kind of ghost.

Kips McKipzerson

• I never did learn
« Reply #734 on: March 05, 2011, 05:39:00 AM »
Confused.
So whats going on again?

Bias Bus

• It's unpleasent
  • if you're better than me
« Reply #735 on: March 05, 2011, 05:46:03 AM »
This.

Although, I can understand why he's giving us alot of new characters. From what I've heard, he likes to use new content and, I'll admit, it helps keep things fresh and interesting. But come on, how many characters do we have here? Going back to what others have said, it's about time the lesser known characters get a piece of the action. You have a ridiculously huge cast of touhous at your disposal, Zun. Don't be afraid to use them.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2011, 05:49:44 AM by DRUG FREAKOUT »
No Math Zone - Tumblr (slight nsfw) | Legend of a Hot-Blooded Pig

"The only guy you know to draw fat Touhous." - Erebus

Ayuka

• Pursuer of cute things
  • Not obsessive in the slightest.
    • Neko Arrange
« Reply #736 on: March 05, 2011, 05:52:01 AM »
Speaking as someone who enjoys character design, the Touhou series is a character designer's dream. ZUN is constantly creating new and interesting characters, often who have relationships with previous characters. Many of these characters embody ideas or mythological creatures reworked from a new and interesting perspective. IMHO, it's part of what makes Touhou so great. And, as he mentioned before, Touhou is sort of like ZUN's sandbox. He just has fun with it without worrying too much.

In short, ZUN likes character design, so of course he's going to design more characters.

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #737 on: March 05, 2011, 08:25:31 AM »
Saying there should be no more new characters in touhou is sort of like saying there should be no more new robot masters in Megaman.

I mean yeah from a story perspective it would be nice to revisit old characters but from a gameplay perspective? New characters with new music and new styles and new gimmicks are just plain better.

Avatar related. I mean if there were no new characters in UFO we'd have "oh look Keine is back, yay", but instead we got GIANT FUCKING FISTS ATTACKING US HOLY SHIT. Which of these provides a better game experience?
« Last Edit: March 05, 2011, 08:58:45 AM by Stuffman »

KomeijiKoishi

« Reply #738 on: March 05, 2011, 08:26:51 AM »
Speaking as someone who enjoys character design, the Touhou series is a character designer's dream. ZUN is constantly creating new and interesting characters, often who have relationships with previous characters. Many of these characters embody ideas or mythological creatures reworked from a new and interesting perspective. IMHO, it's part of what makes Touhou so great. And, as he mentioned before, Touhou is sort of like ZUN's sandbox. He just has fun with it without worrying too much.

In short, ZUN likes character design, so of course he's going to design more characters.

Character designs, you say?

Sorry, but it was just so fitting.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2011, 09:10:19 AM by Guy who's just there for some reason »

« Reply #739 on: March 05, 2011, 09:27:36 AM »
Speaking of new music, since spell practice is back, there's a chance for new Last Words and therefore new Last Word music. Sweet!

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #740 on: March 05, 2011, 09:42:48 AM »
Saying there should be no more new characters in touhou is sort of like saying there should be no more new robot masters in Megaman.

I mean yeah from a story perspective it would be nice to revisit old characters but from a gameplay perspective? New characters with new music and new styles and new gimmicks are just plain better.

Avatar related. I mean if there were no new characters in UFO we'd have "oh look Keine is back, yay", but instead we got GIANT FUCKING FISTS ATTACKING US HOLY SHIT. Which of these provides a better game experience?

I agree, though I have to say I really didn't care much for the UFO cast overall >=P.
Giant fists are cool and all, but Curvy lasers are bad. I don't know why but they are so much worse than PC98 Alice/Shinki's cheetoh lasers, maybe cuz you know they're aimed. I don't know.
I read SSiB, and to be frank, I wasn't really impressed with the "deeper story" given to all the characters I knew and love within. I can't imagine a new game featuring older characters would fare much better. I think the more reasonable fanon really actually does a fair job at fleshing out the characters Zun makes in a way we like. Maybe not all the time, but Zun wouldn't make absolutely every character someone we like all the time either.

Kips McKipzerson

• I never did learn
« Reply #741 on: March 05, 2011, 10:01:26 AM »

More frills = more fandom = more people = MORE MONEY

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #742 on: March 05, 2011, 11:38:04 AM »
I read SSiB, and to be frank, I wasn't really impressed with the "deeper story" given to all the characters I knew and love within.

To be fair SSiB was about characters that already get tons of attention, so it didn't add much to them.

Canon works concerning more obscure characters on the other hand are very interesting, and that is the means by which their character development should be explored, rather than the handful of lines they would get by being a stage boss again.

Mimachiro

• Master of the Swimsuit
  • Making being an evil spirit look good
    • Tondemonai
« Reply #743 on: March 05, 2011, 12:01:02 PM »
I would rather have new characters; let an official manga give the existing characters depth, so we can make some new "friends" in the games. That's my opinion on the matter.

"I don't have anything against you, but I hope you're ready to die a dog's death!
Oh, don't worry, that cat will carry off your body, so you'll be able to live in our place!"

« Reply #744 on: March 05, 2011, 01:50:45 PM »
Not to mention for the past few games we've seen nothing but reused characters :V

Paper Conan

• NOPE, just kidding~
« Reply #745 on: March 05, 2011, 02:05:29 PM »

Ninja'd....

I would rather have new characters; let an official manga give the existing characters depth, so we can make some new "friends" in the games. That's my opinion on the matter.
This.
Especially since newer manga adds more information of life in Gensokyo

Suwako Moriya

• Hey you with the pretty face
  • Welcome to the human race!
« Reply #746 on: March 05, 2011, 02:33:26 PM »
Not to mention for the past few games we've seen nothing but reused characters :V

You make Hatate sad. No wonder the Hata-tan persona is so prevalent. :(
The only thing this dimension does well is show its ass. We might as well applaud it! - Albert Burneko

Well, this game happened.

Letty Whiterock

« Reply #747 on: March 05, 2011, 03:44:05 PM »
Let the official manga have its own characters; Kasen does not need to appear in any game, and to be honest, the fairy trio didn't need to appear either.

« Reply #748 on: March 05, 2011, 04:57:08 PM »
Saturday I'll probably marathon touhou 6 to touhou 12.5 on normal/hard mode to get me back in shape, and just for kicks. I've been neglecting touhou a lot since UFO :(

« Reply #749 on: March 05, 2011, 06:51:52 PM »
You were a Lunatic back when you played right? Danmaku skills never go away. They just go in hibernation until they are called upon again!