Author Topic: [RO] Ragnarok Online - now with our own IRC!  (Read 98914 times)

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
Re: Ragnarok Online - now with our own IRC!
« Reply #60 on: January 04, 2011, 02:01:42 PM »
I decided that I'm going for scholar when I start playing.

any wizards wanna meet up in pvp so we can team up and water ball everyone? :>

we can kill the critsins before they can even get to us :*
Good, my SBK SinX could always use another SP slave :3

Twitter: @hipsterfont | Discord: helvetica#0573 | LINE: hipsterfont

He thought that on that same day he was to take the city of Priam, but he little knew what was in the mind of Jove, who had many another hard-fought fight in store alike for Danaans and Trojans."

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #61 on: January 04, 2011, 02:30:08 PM »
What about expanded classes?

TAEKWON KID (YOU RANKIN'? LOL BETTER DO IT WHILE THERE'S NO RANKERS OR ELSE YOU'LL NEVER GET IT)

STAR GLADIATOR (STAY IN thor_v01 AND GRIND KASA FOREVER)

SOUL LINKER (ESMA BOLTERS 4LYFE)

GUNSLINGERS (FULL BUSTER IS THE GOD'S GIFT TO MANKIND FUCK DESPERADO)

NINJERS (I WANNA BE JUST LIKE NAROOTOO AND SASUKAY AND GAHRAH AND THE REST OF THE GANG)

SUPER NOVICE (BECOME THE BALLER MAGE YOU ALWAYS WANTED TO BE OH AND GUESS WHAT YOU DON'T NEED THE WIZARD TEST :smug: )

« Last Edit: January 04, 2011, 02:35:54 PM by TranceHime »

元素召唤 || pad & msl news translator robit
twitter xx motk resident whale

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
« Reply #62 on: January 04, 2011, 02:57:44 PM »

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #63 on: January 04, 2011, 03:00:07 PM »
Seriously, fuck desperato builds, such a stupid gimmick on an already stupid gimmick class.  If you're not FBing you're doing it wrong.

He thought that on that same day he was to take the city of Priam, but he little knew what was in the mind of Jove, who had many another hard-fought fight in store alike for Danaans and Trojans."

Edible

« Reply #64 on: January 04, 2011, 03:03:24 PM »
Seriously, fuck desperato builds, such a stupid gimmick on an already stupid gimmick class.  If you're not FBing you're doing it wrong.

*doing it rite

powpowpowpowpow *reload noise* powpowpowpowpow *reload noise* powpowpowpowpow *reload noise* powpowpowpowpow *reload noise* powpowpowpowpow *reload noise* powpowpowpowpow *reload noise* powpowpowpowpow *reload noise* powpowpowpowpow *reload noise* powpowpowpowpow *reload noise* powpowpowpowpow *reload noise* powpowpowpowpow *reload noise* powpowpowpowpow *reload noise* powpowpowpowpow *reload noise* powpowpowpowpow *reload noise* powpowpowpowpow *reload noise* powpowpowpowpow *reload noise* powpowpowpowpow *reload noise* powpowpowpowpow *reload noise* powpowpowpowpow *reload noise* powpowpowpowpow *reload noise* powpowpowpowpow *reload noise* powpowpowpowpow *reload noise* powpowpowpowpow *reload noise* powpowpowpowpow *reload noise* powpowpowpowpow *reload noise* powpowpowpowpow *reload noise* powpowpowpowpow *reload noise* powpowpowpowpow *reload noise* powpowpowpowpow *reload noise* powpowpowpowpow *reload noise* powpowpowpowpow *reload noise* powpowpowpowpow *reload noise* powpowpowpowpow *reload noise* powpowpowpowpow *reload noise* powpowpowpowpow *reload noise* powpowpowpowpow *reload noise* powpowpowpowpow *reload noise* powpowpowpowpow *reload noise* powpowpowpowpow *reload noise* powpowpowpowpow *reload noise* powpowpowpowpow *reload noise* powpowpowpowpow *reload noise* powpowpowpowpow *reload noise* powpowpowpowpow *reload noise* powpowpowpowpow *reload noise* powpowpowpowpow *reload noise* powpowpowpowpow *reload noise* powpowpowpowpow *reload noise* powpowpowpowpow *reload noise* powpowpowpowpow *reload noise* powpowpowpowpow *reload noise* powpowpowpowpow *reload noise* powpowpowpowpow *reload noise* powpowpowpowpow *reload noise* powpowpowpowpow *reload noise* powpowpowpowpow *reload noise* powpowpowpowpow *reload noise* powpowpowpowpow *reload noise* powpowpowpowpow*reload noise* powpowpowpowpow *reload noise*

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #65 on: January 04, 2011, 03:11:15 PM »
*doing it rite

then someone kills you instantly with a spell

bye

:smug:

元素召唤 || pad & msl news translator robit
twitter xx motk resident whale

Matsuri

« Reply #66 on: January 04, 2011, 03:36:07 PM »
then someone kills you instantly with a spell

bye

:smug:

is it sad my first thought was 'LAST STAND MOTHERFUCKERS'

....i watch my dad play Modern Warfare 2 and Black Ops too much :<

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #67 on: January 04, 2011, 03:44:12 PM »
Gunslinger is hilarious.  One viable party tree, then you get 40 skill points to spend on stupid stuff that are useless for FB builds.

Matsuri

« Reply #68 on: January 04, 2011, 08:54:28 PM »
That is why magical ammunition is better than real ammunition. :>

Jana

• mrgrgr
« Reply #69 on: January 04, 2011, 09:01:14 PM »
I was talking to Trance about Gunslingers yesterday. Being unable to damage anything elementally (aside from using the expensive silver bullets, or the expensive-to-make elemental sphere for grenade launcher) makes it very difficult to play as one.

I was having a lot of fun with a gunslinger on eRO because that server introduced elemental ammunition, but it'll be a long while before I try to play one on HatRO... Both because I already have other characters to focus on and the relative difficulty (in my head) of playing one.

Along the same route: What do you guys think of the Ninja class? I know TSO is playing one on HatRO.

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #70 on: January 04, 2011, 09:18:25 PM »
The expanded classes are gimmicks.  The Ninja class makes a better AoE caster than a pre-trans Wizard but consumes items to cast (that you have to go all the way to Amatsu to get).  They can't wear any of the good mage gear like Orleans or Survivor's sets, so things like Phen clips are a must.  Their best weapon is the Bazerald which only gives a pitiful +10% MATK (but +5 INT) and is an MVP drop.  Compare this to the Arc Wand which is NPCable and gives +3 INT and 15% MATK.  While damage isn't as important for an AoE caster in group play, it doesn't help win you any popularity points being outdamaged by Wizards in NPC gear.

Post trans though High Wizzie/Sniper make better mob controllers than a Ninja ever will thanks to the extra trans stat points.  Ninja also gets a very poor INT job bonus (+5) vs the High Wizard's jaw dropping +17 at 70.  Ninjas have a relatively poor SP pool to begin with, whereas HWizzies get 2 free SP regen levels for essentially free.  Sniper gets the excellent Sharp Shooting skill which can essentially become any element thanks to arrows, sucks to be you if you're a Ninja fighting undead or frost resistant enemies.  Watery Evasion can take the place of Quagmire and serves dual purpose to give HWizzies water to cast Water Ball which is kinda neat, although Quagmire is better as it drops AGI/DEX in half compared to only -8 AGI drop.  Scholars can do that too with Deluge though while boosting the Water Ball attack power at the same time (and not cripple the HWizzie that has to venture into the water with half movement speed).

Only thing Ninja brings to the table is survivability with Cicada Skin Shed and Flip Tatami, which 1) isn't needed in group play and 2) is easily bypassed with trans skills like Acid Demo and High Speed Cart Ram.

I rolled one as an alt simply because Ninjas are still my favorite magic-based class (second being battle sages).  They play much differently than a straight up Wizard thanks to CSS, and they get better wind elemental spells than Wizards get.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2011, 09:31:29 PM by ♪ Trans-Siberian Orchestra ♫ »

Edible

« Reply #71 on: January 04, 2011, 09:24:58 PM »
Trans classes also get that extra 25% hp/sp.

That said, I still feel that Gunslingers are super fun to play.  If I bothered figuring out how to play HatRO using my eRO install, I'd probably roll a Taekwon though.

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #72 on: January 04, 2011, 09:32:54 PM »
Trans classes also get that extra 25% hp/sp.

That said, I still feel that Gunslingers are super fun to play.  If I bothered figuring out how to play HatRO using my eRO install, I'd probably roll a Taekwon though.
Gunslingers are fun, but just be aware they're suboptimal even to Hunters.  Ninjas are the only expanded class that could be argued to be better than their pre-trans counterpart.  Post trans though no comparison, until the expanded classes can rebirth they'll be stuck in the mud.

Funny thing though, the same doesn't apply to the Taekwon branch though.  Soul Linkers are down right a necessity in group play, soul link massively expands your group flexibility and Esma SLs have the highest single target MATK in the game and can choose any element at will.  TK rankers make better unarmed fighters than monks ever could (and better combo monks than they could) and are downright awesome to play.  Turns RO into a beat-em-up.  And if you're willing to be a Ranker you can spam kicks all day.  Then there's the Star Gladiator, the single most narrow minded focused being on the planet.  It can easily output DPS that makes EDP Sins cry, but only to a single type of monster, on only one map.  It's a gimmick with style IMHO.

Any of these can be valuable even post-trans when running around places like Thor's Volcano or Juperos Core or any of the super fun endgame dungeons.  Same can't be said of Gunslingers/Ninjas :(
« Last Edit: January 04, 2011, 09:38:23 PM by ♪ Trans-Siberian Orchestra ♫ »

Mounting Jaggis

• It's a dinosaur rodeo!
  • Yeee haww!
« Reply #73 on: January 04, 2011, 09:44:34 PM »
And with the introduction of 3rd classes they are probably less useful since they can't go to level 150
« Last Edit: January 04, 2011, 09:46:46 PM by Admiral Skye »

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #74 on: January 04, 2011, 09:45:33 PM »
Depends, they're getting their expanded classes with the third jobs in mind, so it's possible they could be up to part to at least Trans 2 classes (which would be fine).  We're likely NOT going to do third jobs on HatRO unless they get significantly nerfed, in their current state they completely ruin the game.

Expanded SN just came out this week on kRO, Ninja/Gunslinger likely to follow soon.

Edible

« Reply #75 on: January 04, 2011, 09:46:42 PM »
Gunslingers are fun, but just be aware they're suboptimal even to Hunters.  Ninjas are the only expanded class that could be argued to be better than their pre-trans counterpart.  Post trans though no comparison, until the expanded classes can rebirth they'll be stuck in the mud.

Funny thing though, the same doesn't apply to the Taekwon branch though.  Soul Linkers are down right a necessity in group play, soul link massively expands your group flexibility and Esma SLs have the highest single target MATK in the game and can choose any element at will.  TK rankers make better unarmed fighters than monks ever could (and better combo monks than they could) and are downright awesome to play.  Turns RO into a beat-em-up.  And if you're willing to be a Ranker you can spam kicks all day.  Then there's the Star Gladiator, the single most narrow minded focused being on the planet.  It can easily output DPS that makes EDP Sins cry, but only to a single type of monster, on only one map.  It's a gimmick with style IMHO.

Any of these can be valuable even post-trans when running around places like Thor's Volcano or Juperos Core or any of the super fun endgame dungeons.  Same can't be said of Gunslingers/Ninjas :(

I'd rather play something fun ('slinger) than something boring but more effective (hunter).  No question which is better, of course.

And the best thing about HatRO... how many rankers do you have, exactly? 8)  Anyway, no question that taekwons and their related classes are clearly the most developed of the three expanded classes.

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #76 on: January 04, 2011, 09:50:33 PM »
I'd rather play something fun ('slinger) than something boring but more effective (hunter).  No question which is better, of course.
I agree, to a point.  Gunslinger just can't do stuff like Bio3 or Thors or Thanatos.  And the lack of applicable gear gives them severely reduced flexibility in the long haul (can't do stuff like status bows/etc, or get all the fancy trans-only armor).

And Hunters aren't boring if you do something other than pure DEX/AGI DS builds 24/7.  Sharpshooting is my favorite build, and traps are always fun to screw around with (freeze traps are great).  Ironically Gunslinger has only one viable group build, fullblast shotgun.  Any of the other "fun" builds are really only for solo play.

And the best thing about HatRO... how many rankers do you have, exactly? 8)  Anyway, no question that taekwons and their related classes are clearly the most developed of the three expanded classes.
Only Trance is maso enough to be willing to tackle the intense mission of 100 RED PLANTS.

Matsuri

« Reply #77 on: January 04, 2011, 09:52:13 PM »
I'd play a taekwon, but I don't have the patience for learning what does what :P

I'd rather just go around and smite things with bolts and elemental attacks. :D

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #78 on: January 04, 2011, 09:57:18 PM »
Taekwons turn RO into a beatemup.  You get a set of kicks that combo off of eachother, all fancy martial arts House of Flying Daggers stuff like flying leap kick etc.  There's literally no cooldown on them outside of the chains you have to setup (you have to enter a stance, wait for it to trigger then kick).

You can either choose to job change into either a Soul Linker or a Star Gladiator, OOOOOOOOOOOR you can choose to remain a Taekwon kid and get the "ranker" skill.  What this does is it lets you take missions, where you have to kill 100 of a certain monster.  You earn points based on your completion of missions.  If you're in the top 10 of rankers, you can spam kicks infinitely and without having to do the proper combo/stance chains, plus other benefits like hp/sp triples etc.

Mounting Jaggis

• It's a dinosaur rodeo!
  • Yeee haww!
« Reply #79 on: January 04, 2011, 10:00:48 PM »
I like to think playing as a Taekwon is like playing a game of Simon says

EDIT: I just rebirthed my Crusader and I want to use a build with Shield Reflect and Shield Chain/Rapid Smiting. This is a build on this page called Battle MR/RS and it says it's the best tank build. Is it a good build or is it outdated?
« Last Edit: January 05, 2011, 01:36:47 AM by Admiral Skye »

Jana

• mrgrgr
« Reply #80 on: January 05, 2011, 02:03:39 AM »
Sana kept asking me about which classes were "fun" to play. He has an archer, going hunter, but he might like the taekwon classes too.

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #81 on: January 05, 2011, 03:08:49 AM »
I like to think playing as a Taekwon is like playing a game of Simon says

EDIT: I just rebirthed my Crusader and I want to use a build with Shield Reflect and Shield Chain/Rapid Smiting. This is a build on this page called Battle MR/RS and it says it's the best tank build. Is it a good build or is it outdated?
PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD DON'T LOOK AT IROWIKI FOR BUILDS.

There are only 2 builds for Crusader, all are max vit.  Either Devotion/Shield, or Gospel/Shield.  Everything else is a terrible gimmick.  You are not to do damage, you are to sit in the back, either spam gospel or cast devotion on the LKs/frontline people and keep shit away from the caster/heal line.  If you wanted to pull trash and do damage you should have been an LK.

Rikter

• VVVVVVVVVVVVVVV
  • AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
« Reply #82 on: January 05, 2011, 04:31:37 AM »
The Veins Siblings quest is the dumbest quest I have ever seen and I never ever want to do it again or go back to the Volcano after the last trip in to finish the quest.

Mounting Jaggis

• It's a dinosaur rodeo!
  • Yeee haww!
« Reply #83 on: January 05, 2011, 04:35:16 AM »
PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD DON'T LOOK AT IROWIKI FOR BUILDS.

There are only 2 builds for Crusader, all are max vit.  Either Devotion/Shield, or Gospel/Shield.  Everything else is a terrible gimmick.  You are not to do damage, you are to sit in the back, either spam gospel or cast devotion on the LKs/frontline people and keep shit away from the caster/heal line.  If you wanted to pull trash and do damage you should have been an LK.

Ok, I'm using a skill simulator to see what can I spend my points on. I'll probably go for the Devotion route, but I can get Devotion, Gospel, and Auto-Guard maxed out with 4 points to spare which I'll probably for Defender. Should I focus on 1 of those two builds you mentioned and use the extra points for something else or can I go for both of them?

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #84 on: January 05, 2011, 04:57:18 AM »
The Veins Siblings quest is the dumbest quest I have ever seen and I never ever want to do it again or go back to the Volcano after the last trip in to finish the quest.
Wait until we willingly go do Thors.  It's going to be ~*awesome*~

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #85 on: January 05, 2011, 05:12:14 AM »
Ok, I'm using a skill simulator to see what can I spend my points on. I'll probably go for the Devotion route, but I can get Devotion, Gospel, and Auto-Guard maxed out with 4 points to spare which I'll probably for Defender. Should I focus on 1 of those two builds you mentioned and use the extra points for something else or can I go for both of them?
You want the entire shield branch, regardless.  Maxed out.  So you should only have enough points left over for either Devotion or Gospel.

Devotion http://irowiki.org/~himeyasha/skill4/pld.html?103cKrKuFbn5bx
Gospel http://irowiki.org/~himeyasha/skill4/pld.html?103cKrK1bn1bqdnHX

Devotion is better overall.  Gospel is really gimmicky and too random for my tastes but some of the gospel effects can be amazing (and crippling, like give holy armor/weapon to everyone).

« Reply #86 on: January 05, 2011, 05:16:15 AM »
BTW I'm the first TK Ranker on HatRO.   :D

Matsuri

« Reply #87 on: January 05, 2011, 05:16:45 AM »
What would you suggest for a Prof/possible High Wizard? =O

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #88 on: January 05, 2011, 06:17:29 AM »
What would you suggest for a Prof/possible High Wizard? =O
Err are you already a Sage?  Then you're going to be a Scholar trans.  Scholar becomes massive SP pool with indulge/etc, and casts stuff like MAGNETIC EARTH to stop ground target spells.

HWizzie spams Storm Gust all day every day to wipe up trash.

Matsuri

« Reply #89 on: January 05, 2011, 06:20:35 AM »
I'm not even playing yet. My new lappy is due tomorrow, though.

I'm just saying, I may go Scholar or High Wiz, haven't totally decided yet.

That said, I'm sure a Sage can be of more use than just Magnetic Earth alone, or else I might be more inclined to go HWiz instead. Hmmmm.