Author Topic: Touhou Project 12.5 ~ ダブルスポイラー (Double Spoiler) announced, girls are preparing.  (Read 236334 times)

Gpop

Might? I'm fully expecting a whole stage to be Satori/Koishi alternating.

The fact that apparently the characters and scenes from the previous game are coming makes me doubt Koishi's return.

Although I do expect her return though <3

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
The fact that apparently the characters and scenes from the previous game are coming makes me doubt Koishi's return.
Hasn't this already been proved to just be a mistranslation, though?
« Last Edit: March 08, 2010, 09:06:31 PM by NeoMargatroid »
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Solais

• Developer fairy
  • is working for a game developer now.
It was a mistranslation yes.

?q

• Lurking librarian
  • and moe sound effect
Extra bosses are grouped in Extra Stage.

Satori will probably be grouped with Yugi, probably around the middle of the game.

EDIT while I'm thinking of it:  Expect the return of ZOMBIE FAIRIES. >.>

Bananamatic

Satori Sign: "Trip Balls"

seriously, what else is zun going to pull off when he gave her only one unique boss card

Satori Sign: "Trip Balls"

seriously, what else is zun going to pull off when he gave her only one unique boss card
Whatever else he wanted to give her but couldn't fit in stage 4

Slaves

• uHHH,
  • uHHHHHHHHHH,,,
Might? I'm fully expecting a whole stage to be Satori/Koishi alternating.

omg

more unique cards?

Bananamatic

Whatever else he wanted to give her but couldn't fit in stage 4
one touhou stage can only take so much clipdeath

Iryan

• Ph?nglui mglw?nafh
  • Cat R?lyeh wgah?nagl fhtagn.
Obviously, Satori will use spell cards based on recollections.
Satori lives in the underground, above the former hell.
Thus she will have spell cards whose patterns are references to Yuugen-Magan, Kikuri and Konngara.
Konngara? Toooo slow.
Old Danmakufu stuff can be found here!

"As the size of an explosion increases, the numbers of social situations it is incapable of solving approaches zero."

Jaimers

• You just did it because you're older than me.
Byakuren too; maybe we'll see more PC-98 homages?

Extra stage - Gengetu Rape Time, OH SHI-

Lucarius

Long and detailed clarification:
I'll analyze this passage for you to my fullest extent.

前回の「東方文花帖 ~ Shoot the Bullet.」から全てのキャラ、シーンを一新し、さらに追加のあれやこれも含めた最新作。

A) This newest installment in the series will have all of the characters and scenes renewed from the previous Shoot the Bullet, with many this-and-thats in addition.

B) This newest installment in the series will have all of the characters and scenes from the previous Shoot the Bullet renewed, with many this-and-thats in addition.

A) states Double Spoiler will contain new stuff in addition to completely new characters and scenes not in StB.
B) states Double Spoiler will contain new stuff in addition to refined characters and scenes from StB.

You see how putting the word "renewed" in different parts of the statement would give the statement completely different meanings. Directly speaking, A) states that the characters and scenes from Shoot the Bullet will NOT be in Double Spoiler, while B) states that the characters and scenes from Shoot the Bullet will be "refined" in Double Spoiler.

The original text can be taken both ways, because the term 一新 can mean "power up", or "clear the board and start anew." However, because of the phrasing "StB から characters and scenes を一新," A) is more suitable.  The screenshots also probably point toward the meaning of A), given that none of the enemies there are in StB. It wouldn't make sense (well, it may but, for the sake of support) for ZUN to put up screenshots of elements he purposefully phrased as "this-and-thats." The this-and-thats may be referring to angled shots, and other elements of the gameplay.

Short and simple clarification:
I don't believe the characters and stages from StB will be in DS.

From other sources of Japanese knowledge, it is most likely that the characters from StB will not appear in DS.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2010, 10:22:54 PM by Lucarius »

Gpop

Yes I've got that clarified now thanks.

KOOOOIIIIISHIIIIIIIII <3

I wonder if any of the 'most difficult cards' will make a comeback. Would be nice to see Satori pull out Virtue of Wind God -> Aya survival -> zombie fairies etc.

I think most likely Satori will only recollect Aya's cards so we have another lolvsyourselfalaShikieiki

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
I wonder if any of the 'most difficult cards' will make a comeback. Would be nice to see Satori pull out Virtue of Wind God -> Aya survival -> zombie fairies etc.
Well, StB's vs. Yourself (10-8) card had a redone version of Illusionary Dominance for pictures 4~6. 10-8 was pretty fun, IMO.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Furienify

• Yeehaw!
  • Equestrian Fansubber
    • Youtube Channel
Also wishing for a second edition of BAiJR. :*

Chronojet ⚙ Dragon

• The Oddity
  • 今コソ輝ケ、我ガ未来、ソノ可能性!!
I think most likely Satori will only recollect Aya's cards so we have another lolvsyourselfalaShikieiki
Maybe we'll have cards from Touhou 11 (example: SUBTERRANEAN ROSE!!) or even cards from the playable characters of Touhou 9.

?q

• Lurking librarian
  • and moe sound effect
or even cards from the playable characters of Touhou 9.
You mean like they did in Shoot the Bullet?

Actually, Satori would be an interesting vehicle for cards from three people who are conspicuously absent from StB -
*Aya (well okay she wasn't technically absent, but etc.)
*Reimu
*Marisa
and her fourth one would be original.

?q

• Lurking librarian
  • and moe sound effect
What.
Another psychic-themed spell like Terrifying Hypnotism, or one of those clippy ornate nonspells.

7TC7

• In best company
Let's get my guesses in, before the game comes out~

Level 1: Aki Sisters
Level 2: Kisume/Yamame
Level 3: Hina/Parsee
Level 4: Nitori/Momizi
Level 5: Yuugi/Rin
Level 6: Ichirin/Minamitsu
Level 7: Kogasa/Iku (lol random round)
Level 8: Sanae/Kanako
Level 9: Shou/Byakuren
Level 10: Satori/Utsuho
Level EX: Suwako/Koishi/Nue/Tenshi

Nazrin will be in th13, witch will be a Phantasmagoria game or replace Momizi.

Edit: Or put her into level 4 together with Nitori and Momizi because thats actually the Level that had 3 characters in StB... namely Reisen, Tei and Medicine.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2010, 02:38:39 PM by Black-Cat »
< picture leads to my YouTube channel

?q

• Lurking librarian
  • and moe sound effect
Let's get my guesses in, before the game comes out~

Level 1: Aki Sisters
Level 2: Kisume/Yamame
Level 3: Hina/Parsee
Level 4: Nitori/Momizi
Level 5: Yuugi/Rin
Level 6: Ichirin/Minamitsu
Level 7: Kogasa/Iku (lol random round)
Level 8: Sanae/Kanako
Level 9: Shou/Byakuren
Level 10: Satori/Utsuho
Level EX: Suwako/Koishi/Nue/Tenshi

Nazrin will be in th13, witch will be a Phantasmagoria game or replace Momizi.

Edit: Or put her into level 4 together with Nitori and Momizi because thats actually the Level that had 3 characters in StB... namely Reisen, Tei and Medicine.
Actually not bad guesses at all.  I would move Kogasa/Iku to Stage 5 or so, though.

Nazrin is awkward to place because the UFO characters are all high up on your lists.  I kind of expected Kisume to be the third Stage 4 boss, but that would put Nazrin in Stage 2 (which is rather possible).

Solais

• Developer fairy
  • is working for a game developer now.
Also, swap Level 9 and 10, because then it will be in order. StB had the final bosses and their Dragons in order too.

?q

• Lurking librarian
  • and moe sound effect
Also, swap Level 9 and 10, because then it will be in order. StB had the final bosses and their Dragons in order too.
We don't get Aya vs. Aya in Stage 10 if we do that...

I see your point though.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2010, 03:30:29 PM by u? »

Formless God

I'm expecting Orin and Okuu to be in the same level.
If the Aki Sisters' spell cards play similar we'll probably see Nazi-rin with them as well.

And Kisume is going to suffer the same fate as Daiyousei :ohdear:

?q

• Lurking librarian
  • and moe sound effect
And Kisume is going to suffer the same fate as Daiyousei :ohdear:
Doubtful.  Kisume is
*a named character
*a loli in a bucket
and both of those are hard to pass up.

7TC7

• In best company
Quote from: u?
Nazrin is awkward to place because the UFO characters are all high up on your lists.  I kind of expected Kisume to be the third Stage 4 boss, but that would put Nazrin in Stage 2 (which is rather possible).

Not seeing your reasoning there. Why would you put a Stage 1 Midboss like Kisume so high?
I think Nazrin, beeing an Stage 5 Midboss, is quite nicely placed with Momizi and Nitori.

Quote from: Neko-Yosei

Just followed the common idea of Satori = Shikieiki
< picture leads to my YouTube channel

?q

• Lurking librarian
  • and moe sound effect
Not seeing your reasoning there. Why would you put a Stage 1 Midboss like Kisume so high?
I think Nazrin, beeing an Stage 5 Midboss, is quite nicely placed with Momizi and Nitori.
Stage 4 was basically the "leftovers" Stage in StB - all of the bosses were actually lategame characters, but they were all minor so they were tossed someplace.

My reasoning goes the other way around from yours - there are no UFO characters in your list until Stage 6.  I really don't see that as likely, and the most fitting character to move down is Nazrin (who is still a Stage 1 boss who got a Stage 5 cameo).