Author Topic: The Crawl Arena ~ wrathie's vampires  (Read 56144 times)

Ramus

• The Knightly Wizard
  • Trying to be an engineer
The Crawl Arena ~ wrathie's vampires
« on: October 17, 2009, 12:56:59 PM »
Time to rebirth this thing.  I'm mainly doing this because I realize two things:

1.  Relays suck.
2.  I suddenly realize it was a bad idea for my mental health to join Mafia.

Yay, so I'll be using version 0.5.2

Rules:
1.  Everyone starts with 50 gold.
2.  You can bet a given amount of gold on each match, so long as it doesn't exceed your total.
3.  Winning means you get double.  Losing means you lost the money bet.  Tying still means losing the money you bet.
4.  If you hit rock bottom, you get 1 gold.
5.  NEW!  Tournament, once enough people sign up for the tournament, I'll have deathmatch set ups where you purchase  your team based on how much HD they have.  See here:

http://www.cs.helsinki.fi/u/kielosto/crawl_spoilers/ss/crawl_ss_monsters_by_hd.html
(3 gold = 1 HD)

6.  If your team wins, you'll get a certain amount of money per tier.  This first tier, if you win, you get 25 gold.
7.  And other people can be on your battle like any other battle.  There will probably be one player match once per day.
8.  However, you can't pick the following:  (I hold the right to add to this list)
-Zombies and skeletons (however, skeletal dragon and liches are allowed)
-Uniques
-testspawner
-Silver statue
-Boggart
-Panda Land Lords

9.  You can only have up to 50 of any given monster.
10.  You'll be given a head of time warning when your match will be, so don't feel like you have to spend money immediately for your monsters.  There will be a deadline for each tier for buying monsters.  None stated yet.
11.  However, if you wish to resell your monsters, you'll get 2/3 of your monster back ROUNDED DOWN.
12.  You can bet without participating in the tournament, so just have fun!
13.  Poor people with less than fifty gold can spend a round begging instead of betting.  Regardless of your gold count, you'll be set back to fifty.

Updated once a day.

Round 1:
Sigmund VS Ogre
Note:  Magic versus brute.  You know this classic set up.

Round 2:
Killer Klown VS Serpent of Hell
Note:  Yeah!  Poke him to death!  Now go for the tickle!  WOOOO!  Ah crud, fireball.

Round 3:
NetHack Round (Note that I'll be pulling battles from different Roguelikes every other day to liven things up a bit)
Red Dragon VS Lich
Note:  Red dragons are well known for being brutes, more so for the fact that they have fire breath.  Liches are on the other hand, have an assortment of nice spells to tinker with.

Tournament List:
-wrathie
-ebarrett
-Hizengar Byakuren
-shinyjam
« Last Edit: November 02, 2009, 09:26:02 PM by Ramus Killjoy »

Zengar Zombolt

• Space-Time Tuning Circle - Wd/Fr
  • Green-Red Divine Clock
Oh god yes.
20 to Sigmund.

WRATHIE_Beatrice

• soujiko x yousuke is my otp
  • I will repeat it, in RED
fuufuu, i'm more conservative, 15 on Sigmund

Defiant of Shrine Maiden Ver. 2

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
30 on Sigmund

Jana

• mrgrgr
Awesome.

10 each on Sigmund, Serpent, and Lich.

ebarrett

30 on Serpent of Hell.

Also I'm hoping Sigmund gets squished but I'm not reckless enough to bet against him.

Ramus

• The Knightly Wizard
As far as the tournament, goes if you have any questions, feel free to ask.  If you want to join, sign up.  Once I got enough people, I'll give a set date for you guys buy your teams by for the first tier.

Totaku

• The Traveling Otaku of Gensokyo
  • I want to be a little NEET moon princess
ok placing me bets on two of the rounds:

20 on Sigmund and 30 on the Serpent of Hell
That's one small step for man, one giant leap for Otaku Kind.
Tsunami Channel Home of  Japanese webcomics Artist Akira Hasegawa.
My Deviant Art site gallery
Now I Twitter

WRATHIE_Beatrice

As far as the tournament, goes if you have any questions, feel free to ask.  If you want to join, sign up.  Once I got enough people, I'll give a set date for you guys buy your teams by for the first tier.

i'll sign up, but i'll wait for others to gen team first FUUFUU

shinyjam

• Permabanned by TheStupidOne
  • I am a complete asshat!
50 on Sigmund.

Ramus

• The Knightly Wizard
Ah geez, sorry I'm late on the update.  I've had other things on my mind (like college and not Mafia).

Note to self:  Sigmund needs to be in less matches.

Hizengar Byakuren:  70
WRATHIE: 65
Lenin: 70
Pes-co-mod: 80
Jan-san: 50
ebarrett: 80
Totaku: 100
shinyjam: 100

Totaku and shinyjam in the lead, results of the matches were:

Sigmund VS Ogre
Actually closer than you'd think.  Sigmund didn't use confusion at all.  He just went flame throw happy and nearly got killed when the Ogre socked him twice in a row.  He just barely made it at severely injured.

Killer Klown VS Serpent of Hell
Oh gah, this match depressed me.  The killer klown is probably one of the most awesome monsters in Crawl and just spent his time blinking instead of laying waste to the dragon.  Result was that he got cooked.

Lich VS Red Dragon
Curb stomp battle.  The Lich got dumb and walked right up to the dragon.  Melee ensued.

I think I'll have the next set of matches up in about ten minutes depending.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
I didn't lose money OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG

Ramus

• The Knightly Wizard
Round 4:
Cerebov VS 7 Silver Statue
We'll just say each statue counts for a sin.  So, the governor of Panda Land VS tons and tons of minor demons.  It'll be a long match regardless.  I mean really long.  Stupidly long.

Round 5:
Deep Elf Blademaster VS (Random color) Draconian Knight
"Come, let us dance with blades in hand.  Truly the most beautiful dance in the land, swords clash and produce a sound like no other, red paints art in the ground, and through weaving movements, we have made death truly lovely."

Round 6:
Saint Roka (unique priest orc) and his band of followers VS Ancient Lich
Well, Roka does come with armor, a nice weapon, followers, and ability to smite, but the Lich can summon, uses armor piercing spells, and blink.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
80 Cerebov

Ramus

• The Knightly Wizard
Quick little thing:

I'll start the tournament monster purchasing when I get, say, 4 to 8 people signed up.

ebarrett

60 on Deep Elf Blademaster.

Sign me up for the tournament, by the way.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
I wanna farm up cash before buying a team.

shinyjam

• Permabanned by TheStupidOne
  • I am a complete asshat!
100 on Saint Roka.

WRATHIE_Beatrice

30 on Lich and call it a day, logic > other stuff

even if pesco says so otherwise

Zengar Zombolt

• Space-Time Tuning Circle - Wd/Fr
  • Green-Red Divine Clock
50 on the Lich.
And Sign me up as well for the tourney.

Totaku

• The Traveling Otaku of Gensokyo
  • I want to be a little NEET moon princess
These matchs are rather ticky as they could go either way.

I'm going to take this bet slowly as this is unperdictable

25 on the Elven Blade Master
25 on Saint Roka and his gang.
That's one small step for man, one giant leap for Otaku Kind.
Tsunami Channel Home of  Japanese webcomics Artist Akira Hasegawa.
My Deviant Art site gallery
Now I Twitter

Ramus

• The Knightly Wizard
Results:

Hizengar Byakuren:  20
WRATHIE: 35
Lenin: 70
Pes-co-mod: 1
Jan-san: 50
ebarrett: 20
Totaku: 100
shinyjam: 200

Well, ah, other than shinyjam, that hurt a lot of people or didn't take them anywhere.  Slow clap for Pesco for not having sex with the RNG before betting.

Round 4:
Silver statues won this by holding out.   Cerebov figured it'd be good for him to take his sweet time killing whatever popped up and not the statues themselves.  Result?  Death of a thousand paper cuts.  Literally, his kill count was in the thousands before the match ended.

Round 5:
Oosh, close one here.  The draconian was purple, which meant sticky flames.  It had no effect on the battle since the elf dodged all shots matrix style.  However, it started off with the elf blade master winning by just utterly dodging every hit by the draconian.  However, halfway through, the draconian started puttin up his shield and so neither hit the other for a while until the draconian hit three times in a row with a double bladed sword, which pretty much nearly destroyed the elf.  Then they went on for another minute before the draconian put the elf down with a lucky shot.

Round 6:
Saint Roka won here.  The Lich didn't even bother to blink. He just got surrounded by meat shields and smited to redeath by Roka.  Kinda disappointing actually.

Next matches will be up as soon as I have dinner and catch up on Mafia.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
I don't like this game anymore :'(

Ramus

• The Knightly Wizard
Hmm... perhaps a new rule.  If you're under 50 gold or so for two days, you get a jump back up to fifty?  I'll consider it.  Or you guys can stop being so excessive with the bets.

Round 7:
Deep Elf Master Archer VS Xtahua
Note:  The really long named archer elf is fast.  Faster than the blademaster to be exact.  As in, he gets off three to four arrows per round with rapid fire succession and high accuracy.  Downside is he's easily flammable, not so good at dodging compared to the blademaster and sucks at close range.  Xtahua just happens to like closing in fast, shooting undodgeable fireballs, and having AC in the excess.

Round 8:
Fiend VS Ice Fiend
Note:  The vanilla fiend is really the fire fiend.  They both like spamming their respective element and using the power of hell upon you.  Fire VS ice, go!

Round 9: IVAN
Mistress VS Boss Plant thing who's name I just unconveniently forgot
Note:  The mistress in IVAN can be found as a helper early on by praying to the god of lust I believe.  The mistress while awesome in every offensive aspect and quick with her dual wielded whips, has a tendency to, ugh... well, it's IVAN, use your imagination.  First boss in the game is a two by two square plant that is more than able to rip off your head in a single blow.  However, it is slow and can't move, but it can summon more smaller plants.  Mistress, single fast enemy VS large slow plant boss.

ebarrett

Dang it, time to start working on a budget team. I don't regret betting on the blademaster, though, and would bet on him again without thinking twice.

Also, lol at everyone who entered the tournament failing horribly.  :V

*ponders*

All in, Ice Fiend.

Ramus

• The Knightly Wizard
Also, lol at everyone who entered the tournament failing horribly.  :V

LOL, I didn't notice that.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
Half a gold on Xtahua and half a gold on Fiend