Author Topic: MoF help  (Read 6460 times)

stargroup

• Insufferable Faggot
  • Telling a mod to basically fuck off... GOOD IDEA!
MoF help
« on: May 03, 2009, 04:59:50 AM »
I don't want to make so many threads but I didn't know how else to- whatever I'll cut to the chase.

(this is lunatic btw)

There are still a few things I need help for, things I just can't do for the life of me.

Stage 3 midboss, I can't ever survive two waves in a row. I know I'm supposed to find openings in the crossing lines first, and then dodge the bubbles inside, but I can never do both at the same time. Is there some other way or trick or at least a good way to practice reading this?

Stage 6 first nonspell. Is there some technique to dodging this besides brute dodging skills? I can do the hard version quite easily, and it looks like the same pattern, just faster, but it's many times harder and I never get her health down below half without bombing

Stage 4 stage part where there are the big clumps of bullets coming down from the sides while other fairies shoot large homing bullets at you, first one of these right after the fairy that shoots the tiny stars. I've seen kefit and other people do them, but I can't figure out what exactly they are doing.

Re: MoF help
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2009, 05:16:59 AM »
Nitori's midboss spell is a really crappy attack that is extremely random in the gaps it gives you.  It's fairly captureable, but in a 1cc run it's probably best to just bomb it, I'm afraid.  It really is a horrid attack, so no one would judge you. :-X

Kanako's opener is not nearly as luck-based, but extremely hard.  It's basically just dodging, though the pattern does get easier to read with experience.  Practice the hell out of this one.

For the first 'waterfall' wave, you're supposed go to the left between the two light-blue bullet clusters and stream the aimed bullets back to the center.  If you go to the menu screen and do nothing for a bit, you can see a demo of stage 4 that basically shows how to do it.  The second of these waves is...theoretically possible, but ridiculously difficult.  Get ready to burn some bombs for that bit.

« Last Edit: May 03, 2009, 05:23:01 AM by Azinth »

CP3

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2009, 04:03:53 PM »
I would say Kanako's opener is one of the most bomb worthy attacks in all of MoF, if not all of touhou. It's really really hard.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2009, 04:09:57 PM by CP3 »

stargroup

• Insufferable Faggot
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2009, 04:13:09 PM »
cool, thx guys

Kefit

• The Wild Draw Four of America
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2009, 07:12:37 PM »
Nitori's midboss card is one of two cards I fail in my no bombs run of the game, so don't be afraid to bomb it in a regular Lunatic run. The stuff afterwards should give you all your power back before you get to the end of the stage. Just try and get past the card in a single bomb.

I find Kanako's opener easiest if I focus my eyes about halfway between the bottom of the screen and Kanako's sprite. If I do this then something automatic in my mind takes over and I magically begin to dodge the attack. It's still really hard though, and I died twice on it in the aforementioned run, so please just bomb it. Kanako's first card is really easy and will give you back most of the power lost from bombing this opener.

The first waterfall wave in stage four almost always has a gap on the very left edge of the screen. I just time a dash up through this gap and then back down so that the streaming stuff doesn't kill me. It's like when you dash to the side on a streaming attack to change direction of streaming, except vertically instead of horizontally. Just practice the very start of the stage until you get it down.

Momizi and the waterfall after her are garbage. You can either try running the clock down on Momizi for about 6-7 seconds before you start shooting, or you can be prepared to bomb the waterfall. In fact just be prapared to bomb both. I actually consider this the single hardest part of a full game; it's nearly comparable to the books in EoSD stage four.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2009, 08:41:08 PM by Kefit »

stargroup

• Insufferable Faggot
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2009, 01:37:11 AM »
lmfao I actually get past Momizi regularly without bombing

thx guys these tips rule